The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
jaysapathy, I believe it's only the CE of Resistance 2 that is $29.98. I think the normal edition is $59.99, though I can't confirm that at the moment.

One thing makes me think Gamers Factory is a rinky-dink operation. All the "featured games" that show insanely high TIVs on the main trade page - when you click through to their individual pages the TIVs plummet. ie Wall-E Wii on the main page says "We Pay You $22.00" which obviously made my eyes pop but when you click through it has a TIV of $8.75. Bummer.

[quote name='jaysapathy']My TRU friend told me that they got three boxes of clearance crap from other stores yesterday morning. Anyone else see this? She says it's pretty rare, but let me pick through the box.. I'd tell you what I found, but I'm sure a lot of you would cry. :D

A -lot- of older stuff though, 6+ months. Seriously, has anyone else seen this?[/QUOTE]

You can't tease us like that and not even list any games. I'm curious to know what you picked up.

Is TRU a little more flexible about their trade ins than the other spots? Do they take disc only? Do they charge refurb fees?

I went to a TRU yesterday, and they only had one game from the list that I wanted (Dragon Ball Origins). It was not on clearance, though. :cry:

[quote name='Josef']jaysapathy, I believe it's only the CE of Resistance 2 that is $29.98. I think the normal edition is $59.99, though I can't confirm that at the moment.[/QUOTE]

The normal version IS $59.99 still, as I saw both side by side at my closest TRU when I checked for the CE last week. Oh and lmao @ the 'up jay's ass' comment by estebon. :roll::roll:

[quote name='polly']Is TRU a little more flexible about their trade ins than the other spots? Do they take disc only? Do they charge refurb fees?[/QUOTE]

Games have to have original case and instructions included. Games could be scratched, but not cracked.

[quote name='oni-link']didn't see this but locke's quest for NDS is also clearanced at $10 at all TRU stores.[/QUOTE]
Old drop, August 3rd. It's actually a markdown at $9.99, not clearance.

[quote name='Josef']jaysapathy, I believe it's only the CE of Resistance 2 that is $29.98. I think the normal edition is $59.99, though I can't confirm that at the moment.[/QUOTE]
You're correct.

[quote name='SillyJonna']I went to a TRU yesterday, and they only had one game from the list that I wanted (Dragon Ball Origins). It was not on clearance, though. :cry:[/QUOTE]
That's because it went back up to $14.99:
5.00------14.99---080609--068050--Dragon Ball Origin [WENT BACK UP TO $14.99]

i saw the following at my local TRU (DC) for $3 today:

- College Hoops 2K8 (PS3)
- Viva Pinata (360)
- Buzz! Hollywood Quiz (PS2)

[quote name='lmcam4']i saw the following at my local TRU (DC) for $3 today:

- College Hoops 2K8 (PS3)
- Viva Pinata (360)
- Buzz! Hollywood Quiz (PS2)[/QUOTE]
This one is old drop:
College Hoops 2K8 (August 3rd)

Viva Pinata is a new/previously unreported drop

This one is old drop, probably sold out most places by now too:
Buzz Hollywood Quiz (August 3rd)

Thanks for posting those even though some was old info, because it's still useful information.

- Viva Pinata (360)
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was planning to pick up Trouble in Paradise for $20, but if I can find the first for $3 that would be awesome. I'm not sure if my closest store has the first one, so I may have to do some traveling, but sure would be nice to find.

Thanks for posting!

Did they clearance Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the PS3 at some point? My complete inability to find it in-store and online is really confusing me. They carry the console bundle, so it's not like they're holding out on content or anything, and I don't recall seeing an "OMG! Uncharted on clearance!" thread at any point in recent history.

[quote name='Kurai_Seraphim']Did they clearance Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the PS3 at some point? My complete inability to find it in-store and online is really confusing me. They carry the console bundle, so it's not like they're holding out on content or anything, and I don't recall seeing an "OMG! Uncharted on clearance!" thread at any point in recent history.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it finally became a "Greatest Hits" title and likely sold out everywhere at the new price. You'll definitely see it in stores again before the sequel is out.

[quote name='Kurai_Seraphim']Did they clearance Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the PS3 at some point? My complete inability to find it in-store and online is really confusing me. They carry the console bundle, so it's not like they're holding out on content or anything, and I don't recall seeing an "OMG! Uncharted on clearance!" thread at any point in recent history.[/QUOTE]

The only retailer that I remember closing out Uncharted was Target and that was ages ago. Uncharted has just become a greatest hit also, so I'm guessing reissues will be in store shelves soon.

Maybe Target will restock it at $14.98 for a few days when it gets rereleased as a greatest hits game, since that is what happened with GT5 Prologue and Ratchet and Clank (being restocked at the old 75% off price)

I hope they restock it as some point because getting a gift card for exactly the price of Greatest Hits Uncharted was a bit incentive for me to hop out of work at lunch time on Arkham Asylum launch day. Not seeing Uncharted in their website's online store kind of concerned me. It's there now, but only the $60 version, and I'm not willing to pay $30 + shipping just to get a black border cover.

- Viva Pinata (360)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='J7.']Viva Pinata is a new/previously unreported drop[/QUOTE]

Is this Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise?

Just a heads up I went to Toys R Us in Times Square in Manhattan,NY They have about 5 Resistance 2 Collectors Edition in stock for 29.98. They are behind the register near the Batman AA Collectors Edition.

[quote name='Interfeci']Nope. Just plain old Viva Piñata.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Will definitely have to try to get to Toy's R Us soon and try to get to the one that is a little further that I don't go to as often. I've been wanting Viva Pinata Trouble In Paradise, but from what I've heard the second isn't that much better to warrant $17 more.

I got all excited when I saw the first post and then thought about Party Animals, which I'm not so interested in, so this definitely makes me happy :D

Thanks again!

[quote name='phear3d']i bought viva pinata party animals for $5 at TRU. it was awhile back though.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought to. I would guess that would be down to $3 as well.

Not clearance but TRU related; I traded in Batman Arkham Asylum today (I picked and beat it with the $30 GC deal) and it got a value of $39.40. So all in all, I got paid $9.40 to play the game.

[quote name='Interfeci']Nope. Just plain old Viva Piñata.[/QUOTE]Wow, how did I miss that the original Viva Pinata went clearance and then miss it through all the necessary drops to reach $3? Probably gone around here now. . .

my friends just picked up 2 wireless guitars and guitar hero world tour for the 360 for 22 dollars. id say its very ymmv. at the Pheasant Lane Mall in nashua NH

Please forgive me for this because I'm more of a Sears/Target/Kmart thread regular. (but I'm trying to be helpful) I saw a few random posts of TRU trade in values but I'm wondering (1) if enough people are even interested in them to warrant asking for some and (2) whether this is the right place to post them or if there is another thread that I have totally missed. I'm don't work there but I'm usually one of about 5 people in my Toys R Us (including the employees) when I go so I'm sure that I could request 4 or 5 at a time without bothering anyone - especially considering that the teenage R zone employees usually follow me around while I sift through the completely disorganized game sections. lol.

[quote name='bgame2']Please forgive me for this because I'm more of a Sears/Target/Kmart thread regular. (but I'm trying to be helpful) I saw a few random posts of TRU trade in values but I'm wondering (1) if enough people are even interested in them to warrant asking for some and (2) whether this is the right place to post them or if there is another thread that I have totally missed. I'm don't work there but I'm usually one of about 5 people in my Toys R Us (including the employees) when I go so I'm sure that I could request 4 or 5 at a time without bothering anyone - especially considering that the teenage R zone employees usually follow me around while I sift through the completely disorganized game sections. lol.[/QUOTE]

TRU's video game TIV's are set by Gamers Factory. The prices on the website are pretty consistent to what is offered in store from what I've checked.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU's video game TIV's are set by Gamers Factory. The prices on the website are pretty consistent to what is offered in store from what I've checked.[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, now that you mention that, I remember reading that the other day in someone's post. Sorry for the mental lapse. Thanks Prim444.

[quote name='Josef']Picked up:

:ps2: Singstar Legends - $3.00
[/QUOTE]

Bugger. My store is cleaned out of Singstar titles and my wife wants more.

[quote name='intoxicated662']xbox 360 Terminator Salvation is $9.99 @ my local tru[/QUOTE]

Already? I'll have to swing by later today to check it out.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU's video game TIV's are set by Gamers Factory. The prices on the website are pretty consistent to what is offered in store from what I've checked.[/QUOTE]
I had no idea. Thanks for the info prim. I'll probably go trade in my copy of Batman today.

Picked up Resistance 2 CE for $29.99 Thought I saw Socom with headset for $40, but not entirely sure. This was at Fairless Hills, PA. There were a few more copies.

I was there just the other day when I read the $10 Terminator Salvation post... definitely didnt see anything unless they literally set it up last night. I wont bother with this one. Lucky to those who do get it.

[quote name='confoosious']Has anyone done TRU game trade in or dealt with their third party (gamersfactory.com) that does it?[/QUOTE]

Some dude in the Sears clearance thread flipped a couple copies of GH Aerosmith - game only there and seemed pretty happy about it. I might do the same, but I have a good local place to trade stuff in for cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back