The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='100xp']Does it matter if the game on clearance listed here are the original box art or the platinum edition?[/QUOTE]

No. The platinum/greatest hits/players choice editions have the same UPC barcode as the regular editions. Therefore, they all scan the same.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Anyone finding Sonic Chronicles for 10?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got it for that. It's part of an unadvertised 50% off sale on a bunch of Wii and DS games.

Sim Animals and Sonic Unleashed are $15 on Wii, Animal Crossing and Wii Music are $25. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics was also on sale, but I can't remember what price it was.
Sonic Chronicles, Soul Bubbles, and Ultimate Band DS are $10. The Zenses games are on sale for $15.

I could be forgetting some, and most of these are only on sale until Saturday, 10/10.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Soooo.. Rumor has it there's a massive clearance drop coming soon, at least according to my source at TRU. If anyone hears even the slightest rumblings, give me a shout, and I'll have it on the list.[/QUOTE]

Any updates jay?

Nothing that hasn't been in this thread already. I poked into my local TRU and found out they're stockpiling a few things for some big sale coming up. Couldn't specify if it was clearance or just next week's ad, so take it with a grain of salt. It's getting to be that time of year though..

Ok thanks. I just got my bonus at work and I'm itching to get some new, cheap games (even though my backlog is outlandish)

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Yeah, I got it for that. It's part of an unadvertised 50% off sale on a bunch of Wii and DS games.

Sim Animals and Sonic Unleashed are $15 on Wii, Animal Crossing and Wii Music are $25. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics was also on sale, but I can't remember what price it was.
Sonic Chronicles, Soul Bubbles, and Ultimate Band DS are $10. The Zenses games are on sale for $15.

I could be forgetting some, and most of these are only on sale until Saturday, 10/10.[/QUOTE]

Anyone have any more info on this unadvertised sale? Went to Toys R Us, but didn't know what to look for. Did pick up Soul Bubbles for $5 though (not $10).

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']Anyone have any more info on this unadvertised sale? Went to Toys R Us, but didn't know what to look for. Did pick up Soul Bubbles for $5 though (not $10).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked up Soul Bubbles for $4.99 as well.

I was hoping to get Sonic Chronicles too, but no luck. Their computer said that they had nine copies in the store, but I looked everywhere and the cashier looked in the back, and they were nowhere to be found. :cry:

Just curious, what's the lowest that you guy have seen the GHIII Les Paul on the Wii go for?

My TRU has a couple of the Xbox 360 X-Plorers for $10, and if the Wii's Les Paul is $25 or under, I think I may buy it and the 2 Xplorers to get in on the B2G1 free deal

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, I picked up Soul Bubbles for $4.99 as well.

I was hoping to get Sonic Chronicles too, but no luck. Their computer said that they had nine copies in the store, but I looked everywhere and the cashier looked in the back, and they were nowhere to be found. :cry:[/QUOTE]

They sometimes put value games outside the R-zone, they would be in cardboard display boxes. Usually they are by the entrance of the R-zone, but I've also seen them in the DVD section.

[quote name='ofacto']They sometimes put value games outside the R-zone, they would be in cardboard display boxes. Usually they are by the entrance of the R-zone, but I've also seen them in the DVD section.[/QUOTE]

Heh, nothing like replying more than a week after your post, but yeah, I had checked out there too. I actually found two displays outside of the game area, one in the front of the store by the DVDs, and one in the back (interestingly, the girl working in the game section didn't know that they existed). No luck on either one, though. Apparently they'd just lost them (how you lose nine copies of a game, I'm not sure . . . ).

[quote name='ackbar7']wow, i thought tru clearance may be dead[/QUOTE]

That's why I bumped it. I still have some TRU credit that I want to burn through lol .:D

Some nice TRU pricedrops I noticed today:

:ps3::360: Afro Samurai $14.99
:ps3::360: The Godfather II $19.99
:ps3::360: Prince of Persia $19.99
:360: Left 4 Dead (Original cover version) $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FatBoyInside']Some nice TRU pricedrops I noticed today:

:ps3::360: Prince of Persia
:360: Left 4 Dead (Original cover version) $19.99[/QUOTE]

Is PoP 14.99 or 19.99? I just bought AS for 19.99 last week doh!

Wow... good prices on AS, and Godfather II. I might pick up PoP too if it's in the $20 range.

fuck. I would've bought Afro Samurai, Godfather 2 and POP as part of the B2G1 last week if they dropped then.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']fuck. I would've bought Afro Samurai, Godfather 2 and POP as part of the B2G1 last week if they dropped then.[/QUOTE]

Afro and PoP were 19.99 last week, so i may try to weasel another $10 out of tru.

And maybe I can go to my local and see if they still have POP and Godfather 2, since I'm not 100% sure I want Sonic's Genesis Collection and Assassin's Creed @ $30 each.

[quote name='arcane93'](how you lose nine copies of a game, I'm not sure . . . ).[/QUOTE]

They were most likely stolen. The person in charge of adjusting their inventory probably never did so their system still said they had 9.

[quote name='buterbals']They were most likely stolen. The person in charge of adjusting their inventory probably never did so their system still said they had 9.[/QUOTE]

Heh, not that I would, but if I were going to steal nine (or any, for that matter) copies of a game, I'd definitely pick something better than Sonic Chronicles. ;)

[quote name='buterbals']They were most likely stolen. The person in charge of adjusting their inventory probably never did so their system still said they had 9.[/QUOTE]

Or they were sitting in there back room in a cart not scanned in.

I am definitely going to stop over at TRU in times square after work. Hopefully they have either Left4dead or Afro Samurai 360.

If they dont have either I might just put it down for CoD:MW2. Anyone know if TRU is having some type of special offer for this game on release day?

anyone notice their local tru store started pricing games at a premium ?

example?: just released fifa 10 for both ps3 and 360 costed 64.99 before tax

[quote name='heyheyhey11']anyone notice their local tru store started pricing games at a premium ?

example?: just released fifa 10 for both ps3 and 360 costed 64.99 before tax[/QUOTE]

really? What store was this?

because last time we were in NYC, I noticed that the TRU in Times Square had a lot of wii games priced at $54.99. But at my local TRU, they don't do anything like that.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']anyone notice their local tru store started pricing games at a premium ?

example?: just released fifa 10 for both ps3 and 360 costed 64.99 before tax[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the ToysRus in LIC NY had pulled some BS like that as well. All the new $39.99 games were being sold for $42.99, and some of the $59.99 msrp ones were being sold for $64.99. I'm all for giving them my business, but I won't pay a dime more than msrp for any game that may be worth picking up on Release day.

[/QUOTE]

I remember Gamestop doing that a few years back. Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask for N64 was $64.99, and select PSone greatest hits re-releases were $24.99.

Glad to see Afro dropped. I saw plenty during the buy 2, get 1 and held off since I didn't really see anything else I wanted. If I hold out a little longer, $9.98 is right there.

[quote name='dragonjud']Yeah, the ToysRus in LIC NY had pulled some BS like that as well. All the new $39.99 games were being sold for $42.99, and some of the $59.99 msrp ones were being sold for $64.99. I'm all for giving them my business, but I won't pay a dime more than msrp for any game that may be worth picking up on Release day.[/QUOTE]

My local TRU is one in Whitestone expressway Flushing, NY
their video game associates are one of the worst i've ever encountered. i felt like they cared just enough fro minimum wage.

The Chesterfield, MO TRU had 2 PSP-2000 units on clearance for $85 last Tuesday. They were gone by Saturday before I could get one of them for my podcast co-host.

I hate the Times Square TRU, it is so crowded you can't walk in there and of course there are never any deals (I only go once every couple of years though).

Reminds me of FAO Schwarz with their overcharging, I remember in 1997 in their NYC store they had N64 games that were MSRP of $49.99 - $69.99 for $79.99 - $99.99. Who would pay $99.99 for a N64 game?!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I hate the Times Square TRU, it is so crowded you can't walk in there and of course there are never any deals (I only go once every couple of years though).

Reminds me of FAO Schwarz with their overcharging, I remember in 1997 in their NYC store they had N64 games that were MSRP of $49.99 - $69.99 for $79.99 - $99.99. Who would pay $99.99 for a N64 game?![/QUOTE]

probably no one from NY buys from that store. certainly not budget friendly

their target demos are over-grown-rich-bastard.

Well, they won't let me return or exchange one game without doing all 3. It is not the end of the world, but a couple of the games I bought dropped $5 and $10 each.

Well, I guess we missed a drop somewhere. I saw these today.

:ps3:
Fracture - $9.98

:360:
L4D (Regular Edition) - $19.99

:wii:
Broken Sword - $19.99
Marble Saga Kororinpa - $19.99
Naked Bros. Band Game - $5 (Cheap Mic maybe? This TRU had paper slips so I couldn't tell)

[quote name='shoe478']Well, I guess we missed a drop somewhere. I saw these today.

Fracture - $9.98
[/QUOTE]

I picked this one up a few weeks ago at 9.98 when they had that "Buy one, get $5 off a second game", so I think it was part of the last drop.

[quote name='shoe478']Well, I guess we missed a drop somewhere. I saw these today.

Fracture - $9.98

:360:
L4D (Regular Edition) - $19.99

:wii:
Broken Sword - $19.99
Marble Saga Kororinpa - $19.99
Naked Bros. Band Game - $5 (Cheap Mic maybe? This TRU had paper slips so I couldn't tell)[/QUOTE]
Same as before
9.98------00.00---080309--000000--Fracture
Looks to be updated from
9.99------00.00---080309--000000--Naked Brothers Band
The others are the first I've seen of them at that price.

i have the batman GC still not been used, i noticed that it has a expiration date of 31st of this month written on the front of the GC.

doesn't the GC's value carry over after the expiration date?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']i have the batman GC still not been used, i noticed that it has a expiration date of 31st of this month written on the front of the GC.

doesn't the GC's value carry over after the expiration date?[/QUOTE]

Try taking it to TRU and buying a normal gift card with your promo gift card. Use the excuse that your buying a birthday present for a relative. Possibly YMMV whether this will work or not but it worked for me.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back