The Official "We wish JaytheGamefan well in his future endeavors" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Trakan']Not when you compare it to what's going on in WWE. Go watch the Styles/Hardy match from the last PPV.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for a wrestling promotion who has a wrestling program. WWE, for all its faults, gave over 15 minutes to Punk/Rhodes vs Orton/Rey on Raw.

Which is pretty close to the total amount of wrestling on TNA from week to week. Every now and then you have more (last week's cage match) and every now and then you have less (under 10 minutes total a few weeks back). And of course length doesn't correspond to quality entirely.

But you've pointed to one match to support a broad claim of TNA having a generally superior wrestling product. It's a cheap shot, but an obvious one: how was the "wrestling" in the main event for that same TNA PPV, Trakan?

EDIT: time for one of you industrious folks to start a new thread.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Oh shit. I didn't even notice that bump Miz took last night. I hope he's okay.[/QUOTE]

That was a brutal hit on open concrete. I didn't notice it until they pointed it out tonight.

Sin Cara's debut... sick. Dude can definitely fly.

I really hope Matt Cross wins. He's been at it a LONG time, is a genuinely nice guy from the few times I've seen him away from wrestling, and would be pretty deserving. Unfortunately he's built like Matt Young on roids and doesn't stand a chance. :(

So, Danielson to Smackdown then? I don't mind that as he should get a program going with Wade Barrett (which is something we should have seen by now)

Yawn. This reminds me so much of WWF introducing the US crowd to TAKA Michinoku. Except this time there's no meaningless belt to put on Sin...oh, he's chasing Sheamus?

Dang, it really is the TAKA maneuver to perfection. He'll be a jobber before Summerslam.

Hawaiian%20punch.gif

This is what I think of when I see Cena in those colors.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm looking for a wrestling promotion who has a wrestling program. WWE, for all its faults, gave over 15 minutes to Punk/Rhodes vs Orton/Rey on Raw.

Which is pretty close to the total amount of wrestling on TNA from week to week. Every now and then you have more (last week's cage match) and every now and then you have less (under 10 minutes total a few weeks back). And of course length doesn't correspond to quality entirely.

But you've pointed to one match to support a broad claim of TNA having a generally superior wrestling product. It's a cheap shot, but an obvious one: how was the "wrestling" in the main event for that same TNA PPV, Trakan?[/QUOTE]

15 minutes of shitty wrestling is still shitty wrestling. The 10-20 minutes of total wrestling is a valid complaint, but the WWE does the same thing. Can't have it both ways. At least there are good matches in TNA even if you think they're few and far between. What's the last good WWE match you can recall? Michaels vs. Taker?

You're right about the main event. They should have had Sting wrestle somebody else. Obviously that was an extenuating circumstance. If it happened every night then that'd be something else entirely. I can say this though, if Sting vs. Hardy had happened, it'd be better than anything you've seen on WWE in months.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']
Hawaiian%20punch.gif

This is what I think of when I see Cena in those colors.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the Kool Aid Man. Drink the goddamned kool-aid WWE Universe.

[quote name='Trakan']15 minutes of shitty wrestling is still shitty wrestling. The 10-20 minutes of total wrestling is a valid complaint, but the WWE does the same thing. Can't have it both ways. At least there are good matches in TNA even if you think they're few and far between. What's the last good WWE match you can recall? Michaels vs. Taker?

You're right about the main event. They should have had Sting wrestle somebody else. Obviously that was an extenuating circumstance. If it happened every night then that'd be something else entirely. I can say this though, if Sting vs. Hardy had happened, it'd be better than anything you've seen on WWE in months.[/QUOTE]

What makes that match shitty compared to what we get on TNA?

Would you also say that Orton/Punk and Rhodes/Rey from last night were bad matches compared to TNA's quality? Based on what?

The real question is can the WWE keep John Cena out of the title scene for the next year or will he get bored and pick up the title around summer slam/survivor's series?

[quote name='Trakan']15 minutes of shitty wrestling is still shitty wrestling. The 10-20 minutes of total wrestling is a valid complaint, but the WWE does the same thing. Can't have it both ways. At least there are good matches in TNA even if you think they're few and far between. What's the last good WWE match you can recall? Michaels vs. Taker?

You're right about the main event. They should have had Sting wrestle somebody else. Obviously that was an extenuating circumstance. If it happened every night then that'd be something else entirely. I can say this though, if Sting vs. Hardy had happened, it'd be better than anything you've seen on WWE in months.[/QUOTE]

Look, I want TNA to succeed too, but you're really trying way too hard.

i guess we'll figure out in a few weeks who's gonna be contending for miz's title... i don't see him dropping it for a while... the crowd was pretty much behind him until he got in austins grill.

We learned that Sin Cara is a future star! I'm really pumped to see him wrestle.

How the hell are they going to build this up a year in advanced? I bet Rock leaves for like 10 months, comes back in February, and both he and Cena fued again.

The Rock-Cena segment was incredible, Sheamus and Danielson debuted new gear, and Sin Cara debuted and did a bunch of cool-looking shit to establish himself as the new top threat to Sheamus. The TE deal was torture except for Austin teasing a return against Miz and doing some good-looking stuff against Riley. Rest of the show wasn't much, but in the bigger picture, this built up some stuff that should do huge business if they don't fuck it up. Their treatment of J.R. tonight was a little too cruel - the BBQ sauce in the eyes spot might've seemed funny, but that probably stung quite a bit, and if Vince's goal was truly to reduce his stress as they publicly claim, they wouldn't put him through this garbage. Booker was amusing saying...whatever the hell it was Booker says throughout shows. He's like Dusty in that he's a terrible commentator in some ways, but is so entertaining through sheer wackiness that you can't help but love him.

Screens -

Really should say COLE MINE DO NOT CROSS!

Rock 'n Bonk Connection

Quotes -
J.R. - THIS IS MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND TONIGHT, IT WILL BE JOHN CENA CALLING OUT THE GREAT ONE!
Crowd - YOU TAPPED OUT!
HHH - This is the most tired and beat up I’ve been in my life. Last night, 71,000 fans in the Georgia Dome. I stood in the ring at WM against the Undertaker. And the undefeated streak. And I gotta tell ya right now - I have never been a nervous guy or emotional, or a guy that gets rattled - but I STOOD IN THAT RING WITH 71,000 FANS WATCHING AND WHEN THAT GONG HIT AND HE WALKED DOWN THAT RAMP, I almost hyperventilated. I’ve never been that nervous in my life. And I’ve wrestled him before. I wrestled him at WrestleMania before, but never like this. Never… That streak is everything to him. And he’s willing to destroy himself to keep it intact. I hit him harder than any man in my life. I beat on him like no man I’ve ever beat on and he just kept getting up and coming. We uh, we both left absolutely everything we had in the ring last night. I hear a lot of people talking today about that match - you can call him a phenom, but no man alive’s ever walked through my stuff like that. I’m struggling with it today. I guess it’s just willpower, because you can call him anything, but what I saw getting carried out was a man. A man that is willing to destroy himself to keep the streak intact and people are talking today is that the fact that he’ll never be the same. HELL, I’LL NEVER BE THE SAME. But people are saying he’s done and won’t be back. If that’s the case, then I’m not buying it! But just in case, I wanted to come out here and say one thing - and uh… I just wanted to say that you, Dead Man. You gave me the fight of my life. Thank you. And here’s the thing - cuz I don’t believe you won’t be back. Not after what I felt last night. Not after that magic. You’ll be back. And when you’re back, I’ll be waiting.
J.R - I’ve known the Undertaker his entire career, and I’ve never seen him carted out.
J..R - I’ve heard that Michael Cole has challenged you to a match.
King - I came prepared with my gear.
J.R. - I was wondering why you had your…GRAPPLING ATTIRE on.
Cole - DESPITE OVERWHELMING ODDS, HISTORY WAS MADE AT WRESTLEMANIA. DESPITE BIASED REFEREE FROM STONE COLE, KING COLE EMERGED VICTORIOUS. I OVERCAME EVERY OBSTACLE TO DEFEAT YOU JERRY LAWLER! When WM was over, they weren’t talking about the Rock or the streak - THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT ME - MICHAEL COLE. THE WW UNIVERSE WAS TELLING ME HOW I STOLE THE SHOW. HOW I AM NOW 1 AND 0 - UNDEFEATED AT WRESTLEMANIA! With HBK in the HoF, THE WW UNIVERSE WILL NOW AND FOREVER REFER TO ME AS MR. WRESTLEMANIA!
King - Cole, MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!? Will you please shut your pie-hole! First of all - you didn’t beat anyone. A STUPID COMPUTER BEAT ME IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! I made you tap out and you were crying like a little girl! So Cole, in your record book, you may go down as the winner, but you will forever be known as a worthless jackass!
Cole - WAY TO BE A MATURE ADULT! Listen, get over it - I BEAT YOU. EVEN WITH STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, YOU COULD NOT BEAT ME. AUSTIN MANHANDLED ME AND THEN YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THAT. ADMIT TO THE WORLD THAT I’M A BETTER ATHLETE AND A BETTER MAN. TO PROVE THAT I’M THE BETTER MAN, I have a proposition for you. How about you have a rematch tonight! PROVE TO THE WORLD THAT YOU’RE STILL THE KING!
King - A rematch tonight!? YOU’RE ON!
J.R. - I think business may pick up.
Cole - I forgot one thing - it’s not a WM rematch. Why would I do that? I ALREADY BEAT YOU. I’m talking about a rematch of your match last week on Raw against this man! (Swagger comes out)
J.R. - The former All-American at the University of Oklahoma, Jack Swagger.
Cole - THERE YA GO, SWAG!
J.R. - Swagger, a former World’s champion.
J.R. - Cole’s like a weasel.
J.R. - Swagger bomb misses.
J.R. - BREAK THE DAMN HOLD!
J.R. - COME HERE, YOU DUMBASS!
Cole - I SOLD OUT THE GEORGIA DOME!
Josh - Nothing can cure Rhodes’s psychological issues.
Booker - He needs to be on someone’s sofa getting therapy.
Booker - REY IS ON FIRE - HE GONNA BEAT HIM HERE!
Booker - What is that mask made out of?
Josh - Not sure, but I do know he has to wear it due to his facial surgery.
Booker - THERE’S NO DOUBT THE MASK IS A WEAPON!
Booker - ORTON’S LOOKING TO DROP SOMETHING ON SOMEBODY’S BEHIND RIGHT NOW!
Cole - NEXT YEAR, I’M GONNA GO STREAK VERSUS STREAK. 1 AND 0 VERSUS 19 AND 0!
Crowd - AUSTIN AUSTIN AUSTIN!
Austin - AW HELL YEAH! WE GOT TOUGH ENOUGH MAKING ITS PREMIERE FOLLOWING RAW, SO IF YOU’RE READY FOR TOUGH ENOUGH, GIMME A HELL YEAH. THAT’S WHAT I THOUGHT! I wanna bring these kids out here and let’s see what they got.
Booker - TOUGH ENOUGH IS THE HARDEST WAY YOU CAN BREAK INTO THIS BUSINESS! How much time we got left? A HOUR!? Keep ya eyes on Miss USA - she gonna do something BIG. We shall see. Don’t know about the kid with the afro though. Makes him about six-eight.
Austin - How’s everyone doing here tonight? I got 14 men and women here. We gonna put ‘em through the paces STONE COLD STYLE. Gonna break out my staff of trainers. Bill DeMott, Booker T, and Trish Stratus. WE GONNA OPEN A CAN OF WHOOPASS ON ‘EM!
Ryan - I’M 23 FROM LOUISVILLE AND I WANNA BE A WRESTLER.
Crawford - I’m Christina Crawford - a future WWE Diva.
Luke - Luke Robinson - Future Legend.
Fakim - You can be hot, sexy, and tough!
Booker - I’d sop her up with a biscuit!
Watts - MY NAME IS ERIK WATTS AND I’M FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.
Austin - Fine-looking bunch of human beings…
Cole - STUN ‘EM ALL!
Miz - When I was on Tough Enough in ‘04, all I heard were voices telling me to go back to the Real World. BUT AFTER LAST NIGHT, NO ONE WILL TELL ME WHERE TO GO AGAIN! You wanna talk about being tough enough, LOOKA T THIS!
Josh - He got a concussion from that.
Booker - Gotta respect him for that. (fans cheer)
Miz - I NOT ONLY CONTINUED, BUT I WENT ON TO RETAIN THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP! Now the 14 of you will never achieve my success - I JUST HEADLINED WM AND BEAT JOHN CENA. I AM THE MOST MUST-SEE WWE CHAMPION IN HISTORY. I AM THE NEW FACE OF THE WWE! MOVE, BUCKWHEAT! THIS IS AS CLOSE AS YOU’RE GONNA GET TO A WWE CHAMPIONSHIP! What is it Steve? You wanna hold my WWE Championship, too? Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Do you think you have one more run?! I BET YOU THINK YOU’RE TOUGH ENOUGH!
Crowd - ONE MORE MATCH!
Miz - Whadya say we clear the ring and find out if you can have ONE MORE MATCH!?
Austin - CLEAR THE RING!
Booker - WE GONNA HAVE A TOUGH ENOUGH TOAST. He gonna throw me a beer? Then again, maybe after last night, maybe he better not…
Booker - STONE COLD JUST BAPTIZED MICHAEL COLE WITH A BREWSKI!
Cole - NO EXPENSIVE CAR FOR ALBERTO - EDGE DESTROYED HIS ROLL’S ROYCE LAST NIGHT!
Cole - AUSTIN BABTIZED ME TONIGHT! I think he wants me to be on Tough Enough as a trainer!
Josh - Great - maybe you can be facebook friends.
Booker - Evan Bourne betta get on his bicycle!
Booker - ALBERTO. TAHTHA. Know what I’m saying!?
Cole - I’m just trying to figure out what you’re saying.
Booker - Alberto’s pissed off after losing last night.
Miz - I’M THE MIZ, AND I’M AWESOME. At golf.
Coel - VICKIE’S GOT TIGHTS LIKE ME!
Vickie - SNOOKI BEAT LAYCOOL - IT’S ALL THEIR FAULT. DOLPH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR LOSS BECAUSE HE’S FULL OF PERFECTION!
Dolph - You finally got your BIG WM MOMENT. Or should I be congratulating Snooki? Who knows? Let’s see what you can do without the most talented member of your team? Let’s see if you can do what you do best - NOT GET THE JOB DONE!
Josh - Why are you commentating in a singlet?
Cole - BECAUSE I’M AN ENTERTAINER NOW. I’ll always commentate in my gear now!
Booker - Vickie’s gotten in shape and now she thinks she’s a diva. What’s going on her?
Josh - I…
Coel - Sheamus explained his new gear - it shows that’s the CHAMPION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
Josh - You had a conversation that didn’t involve you?
Cole - We talked about me a lot.
Cole - They’re calling me the ONE MAN CRIME SPREE.
Booker - Sheamus outweighs him by about 25-30 pounds.
Crowd - DANIEL BRYAN! DANIEL BRYAN!
(after a tilt a whirl backbreaker)Cole - IRISH CURSE BACKBREAKER!
Josh - SIN CARA IS A TRENDING TOPIC NOW.
Booker - AND HE JUST PISSED SHEAMUS OFF IN THE WORST WAY!
Cena - I know…there’s a lot of people who are upset about a CERTAIN SOMEONE’S actions last night. I’d be a bit naïve if I didn’t think something was coming, because that person put on their twitter that he was coming to kick my candy ass. So I knew he wasn’t coming for Zack Ryder.
Guy - ZACK RYDER!
Cena - If he hadn’t done what he did, the final moment of WM 27 would’ve been…a draw. And that would’ve sucked donkeys. Things didn’t go my ways, BUT I WON’T COMPLAIN. I’ll congratulate the Miz. You managed to walk in as WWE Champion and walk out still as WWE Champion! THERE’S SOMETHING TO BE SAID FOR THAT! YOU ARE STILL THE MOST ANNOYING PERSON ON EARTH, but I think these people would agree that you’ve earned all of our respect. WHICH OF COURSE BRINGS ME BACK TO THAT CERTAIN SOMEONE! After hearing him talk so long, it’s obvious I haven’t earned his respect AND HE DOESN’T LIKE ME MUCH! THAT CERTAIN SOMEONE IS HERE TONIGHT, AND HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE HOST OF WM, BUT became involved in BUSINESS. MY BUSINESS. Which means that certain someone and I have business of our own to settle RIGHT NOW!
Crowd - FRUITY PEBBLES! FRUITY PEBBLES!
Rock - John Cena. Lemme be direct with you. WHAT DID YA THINK WAS GONNA HAPPEN!/ YOU KNEW PAYBACK WAS COMING - YOU POKE A SHARK IN THE EYE AND YOU GET SWALLOWED WHOLE. Has the Rock talked trash? YOU BET YOUR CANDY ASS HE DID - IT’S WHAT HE DOES BETTER THAN ANYONE AND IT’S WHAT THE PEOPLE LOVE. You’re wrong about respect. Ya see, the Rock respects you! (fans boo) Knows what you’ve done - just cuz the Rock’s been away doesn’t mean the he doesn’t know about you. He knows that you live and breathe the WWE. The Rock knows that. And he knows that because of that drive, you’ve become one of the greatest WWE Champions of all-time! BUT IT DOESN’T CHANGE THE FACT, FLAT-OUT THAT THE ROCK JUST DOESN’T LIKE YOU! LOOK AT US - WE ARE OPPOSITE. WE LOOK DIFFERENT, TALK DIFFERENT, FIGHT DIFFERENT BUT THE TRUTH IS WE’RE VERY SIMILAR. ONE THING, AND THAT IS A FACT, THAT WHATEVER IT IS THAT THE ROCK OR CENA DOES, THEY WANNA DO IT AS THE ABSOLUTE BEST. PERIOD! WE’RE SIMILAR, BUT THE ROCK SHOPS AT DEPARTMENT STORES, AND YOU SHOP AT BABY GAP!
Cena - Fashion advice from the tooth fairy. YOU ARE THE PEOPLE’S CHAMP - LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE! HEAR IT, SEE IT! THERE ARE PEOPLE STANDING IN THE CEILING BECAUSE THEY WANT A MATCH! AND NOT JUST A MATCH. THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT MATCH. A MATCH WHERE GENERATIONS COLLIDE. ONLY IN THE WWE WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO SEE ALI VERSUS TYSON. THE MATCH THAT THEY WANT IS JOHN CENA VERSUS THE ROCK! It’s obvious this is what we should do. So do you wanna talk about it or bring it!?
Rock - John Cena, you have no idea what just asked for! THE ROCK WILL BRING IT. YOU BET YOUR CANDY ASS THE ROCK WILL BRING IT. THE ROCK SAYS WE MAKE HISTORY AND DO SOMETHING THAT’S NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE AND WE MAKE THE BIGGEST MATCH OF ALL-TIME AT WRESTLEMANIA 28! CENA VERSUS THE ROCK! But it’s not just any matchup. No. It’s gonna be the Rock, NEVER ALONE ALONE, TEAM BRING IT ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT, WITH THE MILLIONS OF THE ROCK’S FANS. WRESTLEMANIA 28, JOHN CENA-THE PEOPLE’S CHAMPION. THE PEOPLE’S WRESTLEMANIA. IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!
Cole - NEVER BEFORE HAS A MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA BEEN SET ONE YEAR OUT. IT’S THE MATCH THE WORLD WANTED. THE WWE UNIVERSE DEMANDED!

[quote name='mykevermin']What makes that match shitty compared to what we get on TNA?

Would you also say that Orton/Punk and Rhodes/Rey from last night were bad matches compared to TNA's quality? Based on what?[/QUOTE]

I think all WWE matches that I've seen as of late have been shitty matches. Nothing memorable. I never really see anyone in the thread comment about how awesome a match has been on Raw, or a PPV for that matter. (Unless it was strongpimphand or JaytheGameFan or something.) At least TNA actually has a Tag Team and Woman's division (that isn't a complete joke). At least the Tag Team/IC champs aren't jobbing to Cena and the Rock.

Orton/Punk has been done before, Orton did like a total of 4 different moves, and his leg "gave out" for the second time which was stupid. It was a match where it looked like Punk was going to win and then Orton struck "out of nowhere" and won.

The only thing I remember about the Rhodes/Rey match was Rey being dressed up as an awful Captain America.

[quote name='Blackout']Look, I want TNA to succeed too, but you're really trying way too hard.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to do anything. All I'm doing is saying that people shouldn't give TNA shit for something while WWE does it the next week and it doesn't even get mentioned. If you want to say the current state of wrestling as a whole has so and so problems that's fine. To pretend like TNA is the only show to air 15-20 minutes of wrestling during the whole two hours is stupid. People need to stop being sheep and just accept whatever the fuck WWE hands you. It's bullshit compared to what it once was. myke said it perfectly when he said WWE tells you what to like. Most people here just guzzle it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back