The (old) GameRush/Blockbuster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Gamerush/Blockbuster video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals, of which there are none currently).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
There will be absolutely NO DISCUSSION of the recent doctored coupon. Do not discuss what you bought, what you traded it for, or anything else - all such posts will be deleted. Any discussion of that should be done here.

Also, it is bad form to discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arrive (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell new and used video game hardware, with the exception of the occasional new controller/memory card spotted at regular stores. (Edit - Some recent exceptions have cropped up: many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and a few stores have been reported to sell DS Lites).

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of new games (though, it seems, many of those have even stopped taking preorders).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:360:
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Lego Star Wars TCS
Mass Effect
NBA Live 08
The Orange Box

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
Assassin's Creed
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Uncharted

:wii:
Guitar Hero III
NBA Live 08
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Super Mario Galaxy

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='nietzsche74']Not to steal any attention away from my earlier question.... but having just seen the CC Nov clearence thread and not recalling any mention of it here:

Over-G Fighters (Xbox360) $16.96 - $28.50 GR trade-in value (10/24, according to wiki.)[/QUOTE]

I got 28.50 for it yesterday 11/5/07 so it is still good.

Gamerushes should still be getting the "big" titles in for sale, and you can preorder, its just never taught to newbies how to do them or deliver the presale. If its a GR, there should be a "coming soon" board behind the counter; they typically get those games in for sure. Just a normal BB will have about jacksquat. Also, if a title is coming out soon, you can ask them to look it up and see how many new copies they have on order.

The Darkness is still holding at $35 (at least for one more day). Traded it in along with Jaws Unleashed ($19) and Gamecube Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ($24).

Now have almost enough credit for a Wii, Mass Effect (360) and Naurto(360), which they still haven't gotten in.

Went ahead and did one last Hour of Victory and Jaws Unleashed before the potential change tomorrow. And if anybody gives a rip:

Madden 2002 (Xbox): $0.25

(bought as filler for the GS 25% off of 3 coupon)

Anyone know if GameRush has been getting ELITE's in-stock with the two free games? Debating whether to spend my credit on that or just more 360 games (I could probably sell my premium for a decent amount to recoup some costs).

Doubledown, you should ask them if they can order it for you. I think all they have to do is send a request to HQ saying that you want to buy it and then they will get it for you. Let us know if that works.

Damn, I'm loving this eb 25% off coupon, I just bought and traded

Happy Feet wii
NFL Blitz 360
Darkness PS3

And easy 30+ profit which I put down on my Rock Band preorder :)

Anyone know if Blockbuster will be getting Rock Band? I really wish they brought back game accessories, because I want to use my store credit on a PS3 controller. I may try trading my gift card for a GameStop one online and seeing if that works...

[quote name='Karuto']Anyone know if Blockbuster will be getting Rock Band? I really wish they brought back game accessories, because I want to use my store credit on a PS3 controller. I may try trading my gift card for a GameStop one online and seeing if that works...[/quote]

Dude!!! Did you read the post before yours !!

Finally traded in another batch of KMart games today. The only game that hasn't been confirmed this week was:
360 Tomb Raider Legend still at 12

Asked about two new 360 games for the Wiki:

Cabela's AFRICAN Adventures: 15 just like the Alaskan game
Command & Conquer 3: 22

Cabela just hit clearance at Kmart and if the trade in holds and the clearance price drops might be a good one later during another 30% sale and C&C3 will be 15 @ 75% off at Target eventually. I also asked about the original xbox live communicator as I bought several 3 month kits on clearance and have a bunch of these, but "only Matt can answer that" is the response I got.

Also, I asked about CoD4 and he said that this Gamerush was getting 17 for rent and TWO for sale on Friday.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I forgot my Value card and had them put the trade in value on a new value card with no problems. I know some people had problems with this earlier.

My GR still doesn't have any Wii's. I have been building up a little credit there so i could get a Wii for less, but who knows when or if they will get one in.

Soo, I am looking for something to buy with my credit that I can either sell on ebay or trade in at EB/GS for equal or more credit so i can get a Wii.

I was thinking of maybe a couple DS Lites, but I haven't checked to see what they are going for right now. Any suggestions?

[quote name='hotwls13']My GR still doesn't have any Wii's. I have been building up a little credit there so i could get a Wii for less, but who knows when or if they will get one in.

Soo, I am looking for something to buy with my credit that I can either sell on ebay or trade in at EB/GS for equal or more credit so i can get a Wii.

I was thinking of maybe a couple DS Lites, but I haven't checked to see what they are going for right now. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Break the card into $50 or $100 dollar amounts and sell just the card. You lose 10% or so but i am guessing you paid .50/1.00 anyway.

[quote name='sasukekun']:ps2: Diseaga 2 $19

I thought you had to sign up for the Trade-in Program once... Not once PER store.[/quote]

Each store requires you to sign up for the trade program because stores in different cities have different trading regulations (pawn shop regulations). Therefore, there is no one rule that is good for all stores, so everything is done individually. Besides... all it requires is that you show your ID and sign a form. Sheesh!

[quote name='Warner1281']Each store requires you to sign up for the trade program because stores in different cities have different trading regulations (pawn shop regulations). Therefore, there is no one rule that is good for all stores, so everything is done individually. Besides... all it requires is that you show your ID and sign a form. Sheesh![/QUOTE]
Ya, the form isnt hard to fill-out, but the 2nd blockbuster I went to couldnt find the trade-in form for a few minutes and then didnt know how to do a trade-in. They had to call someone. It was a Gamerush Blockbuster too.

Just a flipping heads up: 2 Targets near me have started a major clearance this week. I don't think it's YMMV as someone else reported some of these titles in the Target thread too. They started at 30% off, but included some 360 games that should be flippable when they hit bigger discounts:
I put the before clearance cost in paranthesis.
DiRT (60, trade in still 35?)
FEAR (30)
Far Cry Instincts (50?)
Ratatouille (?)
N3 (30?)
DOAX2 (30)

It'll take a few weeks, but if they last, 60 buck games will drop to 15 and 30 buck ones down to 7.50. Play the first 3, especially DiRT, before you trade them. You won't regret it.

[quote name='stoned99']Damn, I'm loving this eb 25% off coupon, I just bought and traded

Happy Feet wii
NFL Blitz 360
Darkness PS3

And easy 30+ profit which I put down on my Rock Band preorder :)[/quote]
Nice find didn't even notice Happy Feet, after the 35% its $12.40 with tax at GS and nets $26 credit + tax if you got a GR like me.. More than doubling your money either way. If the price holds tomorrow i'm gonna grab a few of those and a few more blitz. I've only traded in 3 total of that one so far, i'm out of the darkness business...:lol:

[quote name='$hady']Nice find didn't even notice Happy Feet, after the 35% its $12.40 with tax at GS and nets $26 credit + tax if you got a GR like me.. More than doubling your money either way. If the price holds tomorrow i'm gonna grab a few of those and a few more blitz. I've only traded in 3 total of that one so far, i'm out of the darkness business...:lol:[/QUOTE]
What does it trade in for before tax? Any idea about Surf's Up for Wii?

Both Happy Feet and Surf's Up were $10 on clearance at CompUSA in my area.

[quote name='p0tempkin']What does it trade in for before tax? Any idea about Surf's Up for Wii?

Both Happy Feet and Surf's Up were $10 on clearance at CompUSA in my area.[/quote]
I'd call today and make sure the price didn't drop since today is price change day but according to the posts Happy Feet was still $26. Surfs Up isn't in the wiki I assume it would be worth flipping though....

ALSO thanks to grecianfox we have another 50%+ credit building game assuming the credit holds. "Rayman Raving Rabbids (x360) - $25" this is also $17.99 used at GS and with the 35% off it's $12.40 out the door. :D

More values for the Wiki (from last night):
DOAX2-$19
Crackdown-$19
Farcry (Xbox)-$2.50
Bloodrayne-$1.25
Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders (did not take)
HUnter: The Reckoning-$1.50

Got $19 for Disgaea 2 last night...took them lik 10 minutes though.

I saw a lone copy of Phantom Hourglass behind the counter (weird, because its a Blockbuster and they NEVER have DS stuff), and after convincing the clerk to actually sell it to me, they couldn't scan my value card for the credit.

After another half an hour, they simply billed it as a fee to my BB account, saying I can't rent until it's paid off, and gave me the game.

I don't rent at BB (or at all). Free Hourglass? ;)

Wow! Happy Feet $26 Trade-in Credit & Rayman Raving Rabbids (360) $25 .. Wow! I have $50 GS/EB credit. I'll call GR BB today makesure the trade-in price is not dropping and swing by GS pickup 3 games w/ 25% off deal.

I managed to get 2 copies of Raving Rabbids during the 50% off clearance sale at Compusa. Each copy was 8.98. Might be something to look out for if Compusa has another clearance. Blitz: The League was also 8.98 after 50% off.

Just called:
:wii:Surfs Up $9 wtf?
:wii: Happy Feet $26 :D
:360: Rayman all those silly wabbits $22

Also got my first GR trade Nazi who said WE DONT GIVE PRICES OVER THE PHONE I WILL INSPECT YOUR GAMES AND THEN TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE WORTH. haha

Just called back to check the old stuff AND

:360:Blitz $22
:360:Darkness $35

Please post if you spot COD4 at GR today. I know it says 11/9 in their system (the usual Friday) but my local manager said it was street dated and should be in today (haven't gotten their Tuesday shipment yet).

Can someone with a Blockbuster store, currently open, check the value of Ice Age 2 Meltdown? I remember that being flippable awhile back...

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Got $19 for Disgaea 2 last night...took them lik 10 minutes though.

I saw a lone copy of Phantom Hourglass behind the counter (weird, because its a Blockbuster and they NEVER have DS stuff), and after convincing the clerk to actually sell it to me, they couldn't scan my value card for the credit.

After another half an hour, they simply billed it as a fee to my BB account, saying I can't rent until it's paid off, and gave me the game.

I don't rent at BB (or at all). Free Hourglass? ;)[/quote]

Nope. If you have a credit card on file, it'll be billed to the credit card on file. If not, then it'll go to collections after 80 days. I'd just go back in and tell them they had trouble using your giftcard and that you wanted them to try it again now that moron isn't working.

This is Kunai, LIVE from Kaiten Sushi where I just finished checking buy back prices at my local GameRush. I can CONFIRM the following-

Blitz The League $22
Hour of Victory $35
The Darkness $35
Call of Duty 3 $15
Disgaea 2 $19

This is HOT people! There are no apparent drops this week, and two games that fetch $35 are available after coupon and edge for $17.xx. Double your money NOW! GO GO GO!!!

Anyone know what a FAT PSP trades for? My store had the Star Wars one, and I was tempted to get it.

An CoD4 sightings yet? I know Friday, but I was hoping they get them early.

No idea what I would do with all that BB credit. I'm having a hard enough time trying to find Naruto (360) at my local Gamerush. Hopefully they will get it this Friday, so i can finally use my store credit.

I made out like a bandit today.

I got 3 copies of the Darkness, 3 HoV's, 2 Happy Feet's, and 1 Jaws

All in all:

Darkness: $17.54 -> $35
Hour of Victory: $16.24 -> $35
Happy Feet: - $11.69 -> $26
Jaws - $9.XX (cant find receipt) -> $19

I'm back up to $300 credit, but i figure I might as well milk it up just in case there arent any more decent flips for a while. Two more locations have all 4 games above in stock. I'm gonna head back tomorrow to get some more fodder.

Anyone know what Untold Legends for PS3 trades for? I bought a copy for myself for $11, but i figure if it trades decent, i'll trade it as well.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Is there any way to use BB credit online? Sure, the trade-in values are great, but the local selection is utter shit.[/quote]
The value cards only work in store. According to store policy, you cant use value cards/account credit to purchase gift cards, but if you find someone who really doesnt care, they'll sell you the real gift cards that you are able to use online.

If you'd rather move your credit into cash, buy a Wii or DS Lite. I just sold my used Wii w/ component cable & controller charger for $310. I'd imagine a new one would sell pretty nicely, especially with christmas around the corner.

[quote name='Bezerker']I made out like a bandit today.

I got 3 copies of the Darkness, 3 HoV's, 2 Happy Feet's, and 1 Jaws

All in all:

Darkness: $17.54 -> $35
Hour of Victory: $16.24 -> $35
Happy Feet: - $11.69 -> $26
Jaws - $9.XX (cant find receipt) -> $19

I'm back up to $300 credit, but i figure I might as well milk it up just in case there arent any more decent flips for a while. Two more locations have all 4 games above in stock. I'm gonna head back tomorrow to get some more fodder.

Anyone know what Untold Legends for PS3 trades for? I bought a copy for myself for $11, but i figure if it trades decent, i'll trade it as well.[/QUOTE]

Did youi trade these in on Tuesday(11-6).?I want to make sure the trade in prices are still holding for these games before I buy any more games.

Thanks,
vgc

damn i only have 2 gamerushes near me and it's always the same people working... doubt they'll let me trade in another 2 copies of hov or the darkness lol

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']damn i only have 2 gamerushes near me and it's always the same people working... doubt they'll let me trade in another 2 copies of hov or the darkness lol[/quote]
You could always trade at a Blockbuster; they give you the same amount and you can just put it on a value card.

[quote name='Bezerker']The value cards only work in store. According to store policy, you cant use value cards/account credit to purchase gift cards, but if you find someone who really doesnt care, they'll sell you the real gift cards that you are able to use online.

If you'd rather move your credit into cash, buy a Wii or DS Lite. I just sold my used Wii w/ component cable & controller charger for $310. I'd imagine a new one would sell pretty nicely, especially with christmas around the corner.[/quote]

Uh, yeah, I don't think that BlockBuster stores even carry consoles. At least, not the ones I've been to...Thanks though. :cry:

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Uh, yeah, I don't think that BlockBuster stores even carry consoles. At least, not the ones I've been to...Thanks though. :cry:[/quote]
BUT... regular BB's are going to get the Rock Band special edition. You should be able to reserve that next week from what I hear.

[quote name='djkunai']It seems all prices held staedy this week.

Two Worlds - $35
Marvel UA - $15
Forza 2 - $32[/QUOTE]

Did you buy another 360 and are flipping the games back again? :D

[quote name='dinovelvet']Did you buy another 360 and are flipping the games back again? :D[/quote]
He used all his credit and bought his local GR. Now he's trading that stores inventory in at another GR....:lol:

I've got everything covered for the rest of the year besides Rock Band now. I'm gonna go today and tomorrow before the GS coupon dies and buy several more double up credit games(besides Darkness). $90 for Rock Band I can handle plus set aside a little credit for early next year or something.

Finally got my Wii at GR today using the credit I've been accumulating. But damn, I'd love to jump on some more of these flips to get some games for it...and Rock Band for the 360. Money to buy the flips, however, is still an issue even when you're doubling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back