The (old) GameRush/Blockbuster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Gamerush/Blockbuster video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals, of which there are none currently).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
There will be absolutely NO DISCUSSION of the recent doctored coupon. Do not discuss what you bought, what you traded it for, or anything else - all such posts will be deleted. Any discussion of that should be done here.

Also, it is bad form to discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arrive (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell new and used video game hardware, with the exception of the occasional new controller/memory card spotted at regular stores. (Edit - Some recent exceptions have cropped up: many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and a few stores have been reported to sell DS Lites).

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of new games (though, it seems, many of those have even stopped taking preorders).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:360:
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Lego Star Wars TCS
Mass Effect
NBA Live 08
The Orange Box

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
Assassin's Creed
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Uncharted

:wii:
Guitar Hero III
NBA Live 08
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Super Mario Galaxy

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']its a trap! Trade values dropped a day early - $16 for red steel, 15 for Monstrr madness but they wouldn't take it, and 15 for juarez![/QUOTE]
I just traded (about an hour ago) four copies of PS3 Beowolf for $36 and two copies of Monster Madness for $28.50 (successful pricematch at Sears). No issues. I try not to do two copies of a game in one transaction, but I didn't have enough time to hit four stores today to empty the tanks, so to speak.

Also, it appears that the two GameRush stores I went to had restocks of Rock Band for both systems. I also saw a copy of the Star Wars PSP over the weekend at a GR store.

Alas, used copies of Halo 3 are among the missing. :whistle2:k

I'm Done with this Kunai/Flipping Cr@p. Kharma has bitten me in the @ss twice since I started flipping. 1 month ago when I started to flip for credits, my car radiator blew on me and cost of replacement was more than what I made on kunaing/flipping. This morining my truck skid on the wet pavement and blew a tire also damaging my 18inch Rim.

To everyone flipping, don't be surprise when Kharma comes back and bite you in the @ss like it did me.

Now I just need to convert all my BB credits in GS credits and I"m done.

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']I wanted to post something about everybody getting on Kunai. Yes it is a bit greedy/extreme what he has posted having done, however if you are in his area and really have a problem with it you should ask him to spare a few copies for you, as it is apparent he leaves some for other CAGs who communicate with him. It is far better that he at least posts and is not a lurker you will never see or hear from, who can therefore buy out as many games as they want without taking any crap from other CAGs. I live in the Charlotte area and it appears to me that few if any CAGs around have been flipping, so therefore I take what I want. If someone contacts me wanting to work with me and go to different stores that would be fine, but so far no one has. On the other argument that this is why blockbuster will go out of business/stop taking gametrades/quit having deals: No one person, especially someone who spreads out the trade-ins over a few stores is going to really affect blockbuster's overall corporate policy. Even 2000 dollars is really a drop in the bucket for such a huge corporation. What really will affect blockbuster's policy is hundreds of active CAGs and lurkers flipping games all across the country more 2 or more at a time. What kunai is doing affects nothing more than 10 more active flippers joining CAG.[/QUOTE]

I'm just baffled at the whole thing. $1100 this weekend, and although I haven't been following the whole thing, it seems like this has been going on for some time with Beowolf, so he's gotta have at least 2k, who knows, probably more than that even. My guess is 3k, personally. What can you do with all of that? And without any banning? Other traders have been blocked off by corporate for less.

Well, I'll be PM'ing MM today but I doubt I will be able to trade it in today...hopefully it holds tomorrow...if not, I will play it for a bit and see how it goes.

Values haven't changed, just traded in 2x MM and 1 Beowulf; same 'ol $28.50 and $36 as stated by a few already. Got enough to get Rock Band..... but I think my wife would have a conniption if I did...... takes up so much space.

Went to my local Circuit City (SoCal) and they didn't have any MM in stock. Grabbed the ad and crossed the street to Sears and lucky enough they had 2 in stock. Asked the CSR if they pricematched and she said yes. After she rung it up she was shocked at how much I was going to pay for the 2 games ($8)!

After that, went to a nearby Blockbuster and traded the 2 games for $57. Unfortunately, they didn't have any used Halo 3s so I'm just going to keep my credits until I get enough to buy Rock Band.

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys! Merry X'mas!

[quote name='Daring']I'm Done with this Kunai/Flipping Cr@p. Kharma has bitten me in the @ss twice since I started flipping. 1 month ago when I started to flip for credits, my car radiator blew on me and cost of replacement was more than what I made on kunaing/flipping. This morining my truck skid on the wet pavement and blew a tire also damaging my 18inch Rim.

To everyone flipping, don't be surprise when Kharma comes back and bite you in the @ss like it did me.

Now I just need to convert all my BB credits in GS credits and I"m done.[/QUOTE]

Is that kharma, or is that just because your POS car needs better preventive maintenance? j/k. Sorry to hear about your car. Maybe you can kunai your credit into some pep boys giftcards or something.

[quote name='Daring']I'm Done with this Kunai/Flipping Cr@p. Kharma has bitten me in the @ss twice since I started flipping. 1 month ago when I started to flip for credits, my car radiator blew on me and cost of replacement was more than what I made on kunaing/flipping. This morining my truck skid on the wet pavement and blew a tire also damaging my 18inch Rim.

Now I just need to convert all my BB credits in GS credits and I"m done.[/QUOTE]

This would be a pretty good premise for the inevitable Final Destination 4! I can see it now: A group of CAGS heads into a CC to clear out every copy of Monster Madness, when all of a sudden one of them yells out "NO!!!!! DON'T FLIP THOSE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!"

You know the rest....

I went to one bestbuy this morning (Yorba Linda), tried to buy a bunch of games first and then do the 110% PM but manager wouldnt let me PM for the extra 10%, and under her breath told the register jockey to 'make sure that CC has those games in stock" before you PM 100%. So I left the store spending $260ish for 2 MM, 3 CoJ, 2 RS. Went to another worstbuy (Norco)and had them do the PM. Nice customer service lady went and PM no problem. With the 110% PM, games came out to $5 and $6 a piece. Went to BB/GR and traded in 2 MM, 1 RS, 1 CoJ for 88. Asked BB/GR manager about amazon giftcards and response was that they didnt have any and didnt know anything about possibly selling them ever. My plan is to trade in the 3 MM that I picked up from BB (Orange) with the remaining CoJ & RS and that should be the end of kunaiing for this calendar year. (~$70->~$220 = happy xmas).

[quote name='$hady']If Djkunai really did pick up all those games and spend his sunday PMing and etc then he's crying all over his pile of now half value Monster Madness. I found a picture of his kitchen he posted in another thread:

lol[/quote]

Ha, I wasn't around for that fiasco but I've heard stories. Pretty sure I'll become a story soon enough...

Epic failure trying to PM at Sears. First they saw the price and thought it was a clearance. Then, he had to find the manager for approval. Comes back 15 minutes later and says the CC down the road doesn't have any copies so they can't price match. Talk about lazy, there are 4 CC within what they call "reasonable" driving distance. Check that, its not laziness, most store managers still live in the era where video games never go below a certain price point. Oh well, everyone knows that price matching is something many stores try to get out of doing. "Hassle Free" Price Match is an oxymoron.

[quote name='paddlefoot']"Hassle Free" Price Match is an oxymoron.[/quote]

The price match doesn't charge you for the hassle- it's free.

[quote name='captnjack']Went to my local Circuit City (SoCal) and they didn't have any MM in stock. Grabbed the ad and crossed the street to Sears and lucky enough they had 2 in stock. Asked the CSR if they pricematched and she said yes. After she rung it up she was shocked at how much I was going to pay for the 2 games ($8)!

After that, went to a nearby Blockbuster and traded the 2 games for $57. Unfortunately, they didn't have any used Halo 3s so I'm just going to keep my credits until I get enough to buy Rock Band.

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys! Merry X'mas![/quote]

Does anybody actually saw RockBand on sale in any Blockbuster? I am in Northern Califronia and we don't have any GameRush here. I am interesting in converting my BB credit to RockBand...

[quote name='paddlefoot']Epic failure trying to PM at Sears. First they saw the price and thought it was a clearance. Then, he had to find the manager for approval. Comes back 15 minutes later and says the CC down the road doesn't have any copies so they can't price match. Talk about lazy, there are 4 CC within what they call "reasonable" driving distance. Check that, its not laziness, most store managers still live in the era where video games never go below a certain price point. Oh well, everyone knows that price matching is something many stores try to get out of doing. "Hassle Free" Price Match is an oxymoron.[/quote]

Same thing happened here.. Instead of calling the local CC.. They call the 1-800 number and BSing about it being sold out online and in all the the stores...

No GameRush here in my area either... So im not sure what to do with my 280$ of new blockbuster credit.... (converted from 47$ in games).

They have no systems, no amazon giftcards, in my area... just new games, on occassion. Any ideas? PM me, as i'd love to hear where to go with this.

Lol, I went to a Blockbuster today with my copy of Beowulf, and when I went to the counter, the manager was there, and when I handed it to him, he gave a slight pause. He said, "Well now, there's a problem. It looks like this is a game that can be 'flipped' ". I asked him what he meant, innocently enough. He told me that you could essentially sell it, then buy it, then sell it again. It's crazy what you can do between Sunday when the price drops, and Tuesday when the trade value drops!

I always wondered what it would be like to bring a friend along. You would sell it, he'd come in and buy it back, you would sell it at another BB, he would buy it...

Essentially, you'd be spending a couple bucks to make $36. Of course, I'm sure they'd pick up on it soon enough. lol

[quote name='TMNT770']so the trade value for Beowulf will drop tomorrow?[/quote]

Can pretty much guaran-damn-tee it, since he said himself he's going to put a call in to corporate to have it adjusted.

[quote name='Karuto']Can pretty much guaran-damn-tee it, since he said himself he's going to put a call in to corporate to have it adjusted.[/quote]

I believe that it will take effect on Tuesday (tomorrow).

Had the wife drop my lsat copy of Beowulf PS3 today, since they rejected me yesterday since I traded in a ton already. I had her check into getting store credit put onto a gift card. Not only did they put it on a gift card (not a value card), she got 2 $5 bonus giftcards. So just from her trades yesterday and today, plus the $10 bonus, we have $174. I'm going tomorrow to get my $57 added, and hopefully a $5 bonus, bringing us to $236. Not too shabby for 2 days.

This doesn't include the $200+ I already flipped to GS via Halo3.

Pimp My Ride [360] $19
Neopets [PSP} $1.50
DBZ Shin Budokai [PSP] $12.50

I checked all of those today. I saw Pimp my Ride for $10 at Target, and it should be dropping to a good enough price to flip at Sears real soon too. I am not sure what the Kmart price is.

I had the same issue as Slim at the local BB. Monster Madness trade-in was $6.99, they printed out a receipt and it was a franchise location. In my hometown the price was $28.50

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Actually, isn't that a patch downloadable over Live?

Does this make the game good now? ;D[/quote]

To tell you the truth I have not played the game. Just going on what I have read. Plan on using it as some leverage to get a game I really want.:lol:

Is it a good game? I know the reviews are not the best. Also from what I have read they updated the 360 version and the newer copies are the updated ones. ( The Falcon Monster Madness ) Not just a patch through Xbox live.

I'm hoping it doesnt drop in price, ive yet to hit up the other city's sears & a couple walmarts here.

My luck never ceases to amaze me. Today I go to get rid of the last of my MM & CoJ's. The store that I would've gone to first yesterday (had it not been 25 min before opening) ended up giving me an actual gift card, which is usable online, rather than a value card. If i had gone there first, I would've had over $500 that i could use online on HD-DVD's & Blu-rays.

I was able to load more onto the gift card at another store, so it'll work for my future trades. I think i'm going to see if i can transfer my credit from my value card to the gift card.

I don't see MM dropping, as the used price is still $44.99.

Stop asking about GS trade prices changing- I swear to god I will kick the everloving shit out of the next person who asks.

Also, I told a manager about the whole Beowulf thing (I'm honest with the people who work at the store). He didn't believe me for a second, but he looked it up and actually suggested to do it. Originally I had no intention to try it (no, seriously- I didn't), but he said to go for it. Grabbed 12 copies (6 of each) and kunaied them back on all 3 accounts. Turned $195 in credit into $426 in credit. $231 magical out of no where credit. Of course, I then turned the $426 into giftcards making it $466, originally from $195 (originally from 6 copies of MM, which cost $42 cash). So $42 cash into $466.

Picked up a few DS Lites. BB is giving away a 4-week rental card with purchase of a DS Lite (good for 4 consecutive 1 week rentals). If anyone wants them, let me know. I don't need them.

Also, something else happened which I'm not going to go into details, since it's a glitch that shouldn't be exploited. Don't ask. If someone else comes across it, well, I'll speak up, but until then, sorry.

[quote name='djkunai']Also, something else happened which I'm not going to go into details, since it's a glitch that shouldn't be exploited. Don't ask. If someone else comes across it, well, I'll speak up, but until then, sorry.[/QUOTE]
Is Milk involved in any way? ;)

Got rid of all my copies of beowulf and monster madness today after successful pm at sears for 2 monster madness. Traded a total of 1 beowulf and 3 madness today at 3 different blockbusters just to be safe. I even got into the Christmas spirit and gave a coworker a copy of beowulf i could easily have gotten rid of without any trouble... but the more I think of it I shoulda gave him monster madness since it has lower trade value. Damn, I think I might charge him $20 instead of the 15 I said I'd give it to him for. Plus tax and inconvenience of visiting circuit city I ought to charge 30, it cost me just over 15. Thats still being in the Christmas spirit, right? Oh btw I almost forgot: djkunai, do you know if Gamestop will be lowering the trade-in value on Halo 3 tomorrow? I was just wondering lol.

[quote name='djkunai']Also, I told a manager about the whole Beowulf thing (I'm honest with the people who work at the store). He didn't believe me for a second, but he looked it up and actually suggested to do it. Originally I had no intention to try it (no, seriously- I didn't), but he said to go for it. Grabbed 12 copies (6 of each) and kunaied them back on all 3 accounts. Turned $195 in credit into $426 in credit. $231 magical out of no where credit. Of course, I then turned the $426 into giftcards making it $466, originally from $195 (originally from 6 copies of MM, which cost $42 cash). So $42 cash into $466.
.[/QUOTE]

You have some unbelievable luck, my friend. And here I was all excited because I got ONE extra $5 gift card at ONE store (all others say no). And I'd never get a manager suggesting to me to go and flip a bunch of games!

I did stop in my local Blockbuster and traded one MM for $28.50 today. Whoo-hoo for me.

And what is this about gift cards being useable online?? I didn't even know Blockbuster had anything to buy online! If it is just Blu-Ray and HD-DVD I'm not too interested (yet), but it is nice to know... I may start requesting more gift cards when I trade at other stores besides my local one.

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']I even got into the Christmas spirit and gave a coworker a copy of beowulf i could easily have gotten rid of without any trouble... but the more I think of it I shoulda gave him monster madness since it has lower trade value. Damn, I think I might charge him $20 instead of the 15 I said I'd give it to him for. Plus tax and inconvenience of visiting circuit city I ought to charge 30, it cost me just over 15. Thats still being in the Christmas spirit, right? [/quote]

This is you:
grinch.jpg

That's what you look like.

[quote name='djkunai']

That's what you look like.[/QUOTE]
You have a point, but at least I'm using a lot of the credit I've gotten from flipping to buy xmas presents for family etc. Its odd being told I'm a grinch by someone who has hoarded well over 1000 dollars credit, if not 2 or 3 thousand from flipping. You even teamed up with a gamerush manager, who must not value his job very much, to earn more store credit in morally questionable fashion. Don't take it personally, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but your comment would've been better said by anybody but you djkunai.

someone let me know tomorrow if u still can get beowulf for 35 dollars trade in credit at GR b/c im looking to pick up two copies and trade them in. hopely it doesnt change tomorrow.

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']You have a point, but at least I'm using a lot of the credit I've gotten from flipping to buy xmas presents for family etc. Its odd being told I'm a grinch by someone who has hoarded well over 1000 dollars credit, if not 2 or 3 thousand from flipping. You even teamed up with a gamerush manager, who must not value his job very much, to earn more store credit in morally questionable fashion. Don't take it personally, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but your comment would've been better said by anybody but you djkunai.[/quote]

I was just joking. I'm doing the same thing with most of my credit. ;)

was able to PM 4 MM's at sears for $4 each. flipped em to blockbuster for $28.50 for each giving me $114 credit. used that with my $72 credit from my beowulf trades yesterday, my random $10 BB GC, and $4 cash to get 4 $50 amazon gift cards. then i used those to buy rock band for PS3! can't wait to get it.

[quote name='TMNT770']someone let me know tomorrow if u still can get beowulf for 35 dollars trade in credit at GR b/c im looking to pick up two copies and trade them in. hopely it doesnt change tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

95% chance it WILL change, since the used sale price has dropped. You can check, but I wouldn't count on it! There have been 1 or 2 examples in the past where they occasionally forgot to adjust the trade-in price, so it can happen, but it is highly unlikely.

Sp00ge - Hell, if I only had to drive 100 miles to go to GR I'd drive myself. My nearest GR is at least 600 miles away ;).

I have been following this thread for a while and finally had to reply. 1st off, let me say I have taken advantage of this latest instance of flipping by turning in 4 PS3 Beowulfs (using the $10 off coupon at Best Buy of course), which I turned into 4 Halo 3's, which of course I will turn into apprx. $200 in Gamestop Credit tomorrow with the 30% trade bump coupon and edge card combo. (As long as the trade value does not drop tomorrow). Anyways, I thought it would be interesting to look at the chain of events that has resulted.......

1) A several thousand year old poem is finally made into a state of the art 3D, CG animated movie.

2) Said movie is made into a overall crappy (but better than most) movie game.

3) Said Movie Video Game drops to less than half of the original retail price (from $59.99 to $19.99), less than one month after release.

4) Meanwhile, a Best Buy coupon for $10 off any PS3 game arrives and begins to circulate the boards.

5) Over at Blockbuster, inept corporate employees fail to notice the price drop and continue to provide $36 in store credit for a crappy game that should never have offered that much in the first place.

6) Numerous CAG's take advantage of their knowledge of cheap ass games and the potential profits and bargains that can be taken advantage of due to those mentioned in #5 above.

7) Finally, Blockbuster Corporate responds. Their response you ask. Prepare yourself its HARSH!!! Drop the retail price of Beowulf to the new low price of $19.99. The new trade value you ask? STILL $36 OF COURSE!! WOHOO!! WAY TO GO BLOCKBUSTER!!

I could go into greater detail but I will stop. But lets also not forget to consider some of the other fringe benefits that existed..... Some Beowulf's had $5 movie concession cash, some members were able to get an additional $5 for every $50 put on a gift card etc. I could go on and on , but I won't.

Should I or others (Djkunai I'm talking to you) feel guilty for taking advantage of this situation.? I must say the only thing I am disappointed in is.............NOT FLIPPING MORE BEOWULFS!! This is a CLASSIC!!:lol:

[quote name='djkunai']I don't see MM dropping, as the used price is still $44.99.

Stop asking about GS trade prices changing- I swear to god I will kick the everloving shit out of the next person who asks.

Also, I told a manager about the whole Beowulf thing (I'm honest with the people who work at the store). He didn't believe me for a second, but he looked it up and actually suggested to do it. Originally I had no intention to try it (no, seriously- I didn't), but he said to go for it. Grabbed 12 copies (6 of each) and kunaied them back on all 3 accounts. Turned $195 in credit into $426 in credit. $231 magical out of no where credit. Of course, I then turned the $426 into giftcards making it $466, originally from $195 (originally from 6 copies of MM, which cost $42 cash). So $42 cash into $466.

Picked up a few DS Lites. BB is giving away a 4-week rental card with purchase of a DS Lite (good for 4 consecutive 1 week rentals). If anyone wants them, let me know. I don't need them.

Also, something else happened which I'm not going to go into details, since it's a glitch that shouldn't be exploited. Don't ask. If someone else comes across it, well, I'll speak up, but until then, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Wow, just wow, crazy, possibly borderline insane. That will definitely get your accounts banned, the manager is going to get fired, and expect a call from loss prevention to encourange you to donate your 'magical out of no where' credit back. Of course, this has no repurcussions to you, since you dont work there, and you do NOT have to give them the credit back since you did not do anything ILLEGAL. AND they let you use credit to get $5 bonus giftcards too. That is the uber deal store. You should have stayed there all day and flipped beowulf until you had a few hundred thousand in store credit. Why stop when you did. You could have ended up owning that store, lol, literally. Ok, that would definitely have involved a run in with the cops, but seriously, why stop at a few hundred. And yes, I am a little green with envy/jealousy, but congrats since you had the balls to actually flip in store games back to them in the same visit.

No beowulf talk here. Found these clearance games at Target and their corresponding values in the wiki:

360:

DiRT pay 14.98 trade 35 as of 10/17 (doubt it's still that much)
DOAX2 pay 7.48 trade 28.50 as of 10/24 (I think some reported a drop here
Blitz pay 4.98 trade 22 as of 11/7
NCAA 07 pay 7.48 trade ?

PS2:
Jaws Unleashed pay 4.98 trade 16 as of 12/04

[quote name='io']
And what is this about gift cards being useable online?? I didn't even know Blockbuster had anything to buy online! If it is just Blu-Ray and HD-DVD I'm not too interested (yet), but it is nice to know... I may start requesting more gift cards when I trade at other stores besides my local one.[/quote]
It works on all dvds that Blockbuster.com sells. Right now through 12/31 they are doing a promotion code "happyholiday20" which gets you 20% off any purchase of $50 or more. Total access members get an additional 10% off used or 5% new.

Unfortunately the shipping rates are terrible ($3.97 PER MOVIE, no matter how many you order) and they charge tax. For 1 new copy of Dog Day Afternoon (BR), Dawn of the Dead (HD), and Clockwork Orange (HD) the total came out to $72.09 shipped. While $24 a movie is steep, considering I paid around $4-8 for that credit makes it seem a little bit better. However, with the news about Amazon gift cards coming soon, I think i'm going to advise not to bite, unless you find some good deals on used items. Even if you dont want to wait for Amazon cards, my suggestion would be DS lites. These will sell near to above retail prices on ebay (or craigslist im sure) and the 4 week rental cards may boost it a few bucks (or hell, keep em for yourself).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back