The one and only CAG Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament! Beef vs. JoeB, FINALS!!!!

Makes sense.

Besides, if I had the two of them fight each other now, I'd have to completely redo the bracket I have now. Plus, I'd have to strangle you.

Hero and I played three matches, but the first was on the Mario Bros level, which is like having items on since the only real way to kill people is to throw the little turtles and crabs at them.

Our next two showed as Lucas versus Samus and Pikachu versus Peach, both on Pokemon Stadium. The hard-fought battles ended with me as the victor each time, but Hero is a great competitor and I had a great time struggling to take him down.

Salute, good sir!

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Good to know if we're ever paired up ;)[/quote]

meeh the level is just annoying, small with little ground room

I've played against both Veronica Mars and Arikado, and I can honestly admit that I don't know who I would rather face in the next round, as they are both great opponents.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Makes sense.

Besides, if I had the two of them fight each other now, I'd have to completely redo the bracket I have now. Plus, I'd have to strangle you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that you three were on the same side of the bracket and thought it was rather funny. Thing is though, we don't know all of the "good" people enough to seed them.

[quote name='wjhard63']seanr1221 won the first 2 games out of our match.

sorry for the sandbags in match 1 - I was cd factoring before we played.[/QUOTE]

I was cracking up at them. :lol:

GG though.

[quote name='seanr1221']I was cracking up at them. :lol:

GG though.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you too - I was going to offer to start the first one over if I won. Nice job, especially with Ike.

sky03 was online 'bout two hours ago, but didn't respond back to my PM, so I guess our match will have to wait 'til tomorrow.

UltimoRey Vs. EXStrike - green hill zone
round 1 - Mario vs. Sonic
We traded deaths till i won - I fell through a newly created hole at one time, he bounced off of the sonic checkpoints at least once.
round 2 - I changed to toon link, he was still sonic
I won. THis time he feel through newly created hole.

Winner: Me. YAY!

both were good games. Couldn't exactly take copious notes of events while fighting.

Evergoo won in a landslide. I snagged one victory out of the 12 we played, with a couple of those matches involving me not even killing him once. I don't consider myself a slouch, but I just got wrecked. A well-earned victory, I see him travelling pretty far in the tournament.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Man I have been on almost literally all day, and not one sign of RAM.[/QUOTE]

If you want, I can play you right now to keep you occupied -_-

Just played against Predator (aka Gull) and his Lucas.

Match 1: 3-1 (evergoo), Match 2: 3-1 (evergoo).

GG Predator and thanks for playing some games afterwards. I haven't tasted a 1-on-1 defeat in awhile. And besides humbling me, you taught me some new strategies.

[quote name='suko_32']If you want, I can play you right now to keep you occupied -_-[/QUOTE]
Thanks but nah. I'm going to play sum computer games and go to sleep.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Suko and Kado beat me :/[/QUOTE]

lol. I already apologized to Kado for accidentally bumping in and playing you. I didn't know you guys were having a match and by the time I realized what was happening I couldn't quit out nor let Kado in. That's why I left after our 1v1.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Suko and Kado beat me :/[/QUOTE]

Aye, I won my first round fight against Veronica Mars 2-0.

You're next, Beef. The Captain... he's coming for you.

1206350632427.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to drop out of the tournament. I just sent this to AmigoOne, who would've been my opponent.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I'm think I'm going to have to forfeit - I just logged on to CAG for the first time tonight (and if you're wondering, "first time tonight" is 3:30 in the morning) because I've got two papers due tomorrow morning, and I've got an exam on Wednesday I'm not nearly ready for, which means I probably won't be home tomorrow night to play you. If the tourney was over the weekend or happened on a week where I had a lighter schedule I'd be free to play...but this is probably one of the worst weeks I've had in college yet in terms of sheer workload.

I'm bummed out that I've got to do this, but I've got to keep my priorities straight. Good luck in the second round, and I'll have to take you on in an unofficial one-on-one match later on to see who would've won. ;)[/QUOTE]
Next time one of these tournaments rolls around, I'm going to have to give it another go...and with any luck, that'll be over the summer, when I actually do have free time for things like "fun" and "sleep."

technically we can do spectators matches, by simply having a four player game and having the two players that don't play just stay out of the fights.

it would be nice to have the losers of the semi-finals watch the final.

Bluelobstah and I played some 15 matches or so straight last night.

He is a bitch with Olimar. I am going to relish taking you out with any character I can.

The slight lag also reinforces the idea that it's really difficult to play with big heavy characters. It's far to easy to lose a life because you get hit off the edge, and instead of being able to recover, you've already buffered in an attack. Damn Bowser can die very easily this way.

God, I can't stand Olimar. His Pikmin just dive in front of attacks, like they don't even care!

Also, it's a shame that Walrus had to drop out, but there are more important things, of course.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']God, I can't stand Olimar. His Pikmin just dive in front of attacks, like they don't even care!
[/quote]

Poor suicidal Pikmin. Who knows.. maybe they just want to give you a hug.

I think those of us who lost need to start training Rocky style and go the distance in the next tournament.

bread's done
Back