The one and only CAG Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament! Beef vs. JoeB, FINALS!!!!

hey mr. beef.
johnfoxdarko and i just played a few games.

he won the first one

the second one had items in it. but he won it regardless.

we played a third one because the second had items, not sure if he knew the rules of the tourney and i won

i also won the fourth game without items.

not sure who you want to crown a winner there. let me know asap if jfd or i won

[quote name='decrot']hey mr. beef.
johnfoxdarko and i just played a few games.

he won the first one

the second one had items in it. but he won it regardless.

we played a third one because the second had items, not sure if he knew the rules of the tourney and i won

i also won the fourth game without items.

not sure who you want to crown a winner there. let me know asap if jfd or i won[/QUOTE]

Not sure what beef thinks, but I think you two should find a mutual agreement between yourselves.

Edit: Play Super Sudden Death to decide :whee: j/k

Edit2: beef has declared the winner!

Seems like a weird case, but the tournament is items off, so that makes decrot the winner. That's my decision, but if you guys can work something out, even better.

lol @ Super Sudden Death.

[quote name='suko_32']Not sure what beef thinks, but I think you two should find a mutual agreement between yourselves.

Edit: Play Super Sudden Death to decide :whee: j/k[/quote]
we agreed to let mr. beef decide

Should I be sending out reminder PMs to people? I mean, everyone who signed up knew when this was starting, but still, not many people are reporting wins, and whatnot.

fuck it, I'll do it after I'm done eating.

that was a good game jfk anyways.
that freaking took like half an hour. my fingers were getting tired.

anyways, beef you should send out pms, i dont think people were aware of it. especially when you moved the time up. i think people signed up and forgot about it.

I was thinking about doing up a loser's bracket, would anyone be interested or would that clutter things too much? It'd be up to the people who lost/will lose as I already did. I'll play people online too, but I like the tournament atmosphere, puts a lot more on the line when you are playing for elimination.

I should probably figure this out before playing. How do setting up the rules in an online match work? I've only played half a dozen matches before and have never really messed with them. Do both players have to do something, or just the one who makes the room? Also, how is the stage decided? Just randomly chose between the ones that all the players picked, so we both have to choose the same stage?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I should probably figure this out before playing. How do setting up the rules in an online match work? I've only played half a dozen matches before and have never really messed with them. Do both players have to do something, or just the one who makes the room? Also, how is the stage decided? Just randomly chose between the ones that all the players picked, so we both have to choose the same stage?[/QUOTE]

The host can change the rules. Stages is the random of whatever you two choose.

Me and Mrcapcom had two matches. I won both but the last match was super laggy. Now we can't even connect to each other.

What should we do?

Also I have the replays.

We settled it with a 3rd match.

Clarke 3 - Mrcapcom 0

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']So how firm is this deadline?

AmigoOne just PMed me, and we've got some scheduling issues - I can't play tonight, he can't play tomorrow, and the soonest we're going to get to it is Tuesday evening.

If that's too late, then I'm going to have to consider dropping out. I don't want to, but given that my schedule of classes and work is a big part of the problem and that I've got three papers and an essay due this week, I may have to let college take precedence over video games. :cry:[/quote]

Hey this should be addressed.

Some page back he said that Tuesday by midnight (Wednesday, then) is fine. At least, I recall reading that. Feel free to correct me.

[quote name='ShottiePippen']I lost to ChibiJosh 0-3. Film at 11. GG[/quote]

Good game. We'll have to do it again sometime.

[quote name='suko_32']The host can change the rules. Stages is the random of whatever you two choose.[/quote]
That's what I thought, but there's a little box where I can turn items on or off as well whenever I go into someone else's game which confused me.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Some page back he said that Tuesday by midnight (Wednesday, then) is fine. At least, I recall reading that. Feel free to correct me.[/quote]Indeed I did say that, and it still stands.

I just beat The_spaceman 2-1 in a close battle.

we had some connection issues (I couldn't sign on-line kept getting error codes) then it cleared up but we kept getting booted during matches.

then it finally cleared up, and had no problems. anyone else have issues tonight?

Yeah I lost in very good games. I knew I was gonna lose in the 3rd match after I slipped off edge and SD myself. I almost came back and won that game also LOL. GL to rest of contestants.

Yukine and I just finished our matches. They were good, but I came out on top.

Good match Yukine. Can't wait for round two.

[quote name='yukine']Just so so you guys know, naes cheats! :lol:[/quote]

That's a pretty serious allegation to make. I hope you're joking. Otherwise, how so?

;)

We ended up going to three games but I was defeated in the last! Congrats to dyeknom, and hopefully we can play again some time later so I can try to redeem myself!

I better go practice so I can make it further next time. If anyone else wants to play just for the heck of it add me and let me know. Good luck in round 2!

[quote name='E_G_Man']We ended up going to three games but I was defeated in the last! Congrats to dyeknom, and hopefully we can play again some time later so I can try to redeem myself![/quote]

Good fights, indeed :) Now it's time for good foods!

coming in...you need three minutes right match rights...
[quote name='Strell']Hero - got your code in. Let me know if I'm not showing up.[/quote]

[quote name='hero101']coming in...you need three minutes right match rights...[/quote]

Actually, it's three stock. But, whatever you two want. :p

alright me and jello just finished

1st game went to jello
i won the last 2 two games

good game jello, sorry I left the laker game is on, haha.

i couldnt believe u picked Pit's level for our first game, I can't stand the destruction and the tight areas, that level kills me.

good game!

darn lost to strell...I'm not what how to use samus properly... I should have trained in advanced...

Round 1: The Monster coming from pipe stage...
Ike vs. Lucas
Basically, all the monsters were distracting... lost 3 to 2... Strell got beat 2 by those monster twice..

Round 2: pokemon stage
Samus vs. Lucas
Close one. I commited sucide once and i believe I was beat up with a bat or something...
I knock strell out twice tho. Not a total lose.

I just looked at the updated standings, and I noticed that Pestilence and bustabust both are on byes.... wouldn't it make sense for them to just play each other?

Well, there were 62 competitors at the outset of the tournament. In order to create the magic 32 number to facilitate an easier time for later rounds, he put a bye in each of the two highest brackets.

Because, normally, it's 64/32/16/8/4/2/1.

Err, does that make sense?

[quote name='JoeB1233']Well, there were 62 competitors at the outset of the tournament. In order to create the magic 32 number to facilitate an easier time for later rounds, he put a bye in each of the two highest brackets.

Because, normally, it's 64/32/16/8/4/2/1.

Err, does that make sense?[/quote]

next time, if there is a next time, there should be wild cards picked at random from the loser list instead of byes.

[quote name='bardiya27']
i couldnt believe u picked Pit's level for our first game, I can't stand the destruction and the tight areas, that level kills me.
[/quote]

Good to know if we're ever paired up ;)

bread's done
Back