The OTT that Moxio is too cool for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']AP Calculus is a nasty, evil thing.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to avoid this class next year as I am sick and tired of math, and I need to retake Trig. for grade improvement.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']How exactly do you have it typed in your profile page? I can see the [/url] tag as well as the ] after the link

Also, i love my psp skin :)

(click to see what the blue page is exactly...at least WSB should know...)[/QUOTE]

From Mallrats, the blueprint to taked down the game show!!! I WIN!

[quote name='beerguy961']AB or BC. Got a 5 on the BC AP test myself...[/QUOTE]
AB. Too insecure to try for BC, especially since I've got to study for my Physics C and English Lit APs as well.

I could probably have handled it, but I decided not to risk it. The difference in credit at UofM wouldn't have been worth it anyway.

i just started a website, im in the process of making logos right now (which may show up as a poll here, im sure) right now i just have a splash page since i dont have the site made yet ^^

www.csfoto.com

[quote name='SpottedNigel']How exactly do you have it typed in your profile page? I can see the [/url] tag as well as the ] after the link

Also, i love my psp skin :)

(click to see what the blue page is exactly...at least WSB should know...)[/QUOTE]

Very nice.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I take AP calculus my junior year of high school. I'm currently in Alg II/trig H as a freshman[/QUOTE]

I took AP calc as a junior myself, but I didn't actually bother to take the exam. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Took AP Calc as a senior, and got a 5 on the exam. Relatively easy, and it was nice to get half the day off for one test.[/QUOTE]

what are we talking about here? 5? is it out of a low number of possible points? I'm lost. or is it out of 100?

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']what are we talking about here? 5? is it out of a low number of possible points? I'm lost. or is it out of 100?[/QUOTE]
No, the advanced placement exam. It's a 5 point scale, and I got a 5 with out much hassle. Didn't even answer about 40% of the questions.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, the advanced placement exam. It's a 5 point scale, and I got a 5 with out much hassle. Didn't even answer about 40% of the questions.[/QUOTE]

ooo ok gotcha thanks. so you're saying it's pretty easy?

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']ooo ok gotcha thanks. so you're saying it's pretty easy?[/QUOTE]
Not really. I'd say it's moderately hard, as it's not as difficult as it's made out to be. Otherwise, it's not all that difficult to get a 5 if you know your stuff.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Not really. I'd say it's moderately hard, as it's not as difficult as it's made out to be. Otherwise, it's not all that difficult to get a 5 if you know your stuff.[/QUOTE]

ok cool then. I want 1000 posts so bad!!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:lol: Anybody else find it funny that Six Flags' new mascot appears to be the old, dancing guy? It's almost as weird as the creepy King.[/QUOTE]
No it's not.

His face changes. Until the King's freaky plastic grin vanishes, he'll always be the most disturbing mascot.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']No it's not.

His face changes. Until the King's freaky plastic grin vanishes, he'll always be the most disturbing mascot.[/QUOTE]

I know, but he gets kids excited by dancing and takes them on a bus to Six Flags. There's nothing weird about that?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:lol: Anybody else find it funny that Six Flags' new mascot appears to be the old, dancing guy? It's almost as weird as the creepy King.[/QUOTE]
Whoever decided that a dancing old guy would make a good mascot has some serious issues. The person who green lighted that idea has even greater problems.

[quote name='dcfox']Whoever decided that a dancing old guy would make a good mascot has some serious issues. The person who green lighted that idea has even greater problems.[/QUOTE]
that song has to go as well

Three things...

1) In an hour or so I'll unwrap my brand new Dell 2005 20 inch widescreen monitor.
*No Dead Pixels, No dead Pixels, No wammys, STOP!*

2) I nearly died a couple hours ago!

I was doing a moderate turn on an expressway style ramp at about 25-30 MPH and lost control of my car. It was raining all day and the road was slick.SO even though my speed wasn't excessive my car spun our. I did a 180 in the lane!

But, I let my video game skills kick in and regained control of my car without hitting any of the curbs. It was pure instinct and driving SKILLZ!

So chalk up another life saved to video games brought to me via CAG!

3) I'm eating Chinese food!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Three things...

1) In an hour or so I'll unwrap my brand new Dell 2005 20 inch widescreen monitor.
*No Dead Pixels, No dead Pixels, No wammys, STOP!*

2) I nearly died a couple hours ago!

I was doing a moderate turn on an expressway style ramp at about 25-30 MPH and lost control of my car. It was raining all day and the road was slick.SO even though my speed wasn't excessive my car spun our. I did a 180 in the lane!

But, I let my video game skills kick in and regained control of my car without hitting any of the curbs. It was pure instinct and driving SKILLZ!

So chalk up another life saved to video games brought to me via CAG!

3) I'm eating Chinese food![/QUOTE]

Glad to hear your mad driving skillz saved you.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Glad to hear your mad driving skillz saved you.[/QUOTE]

Chicks dig guys with skills.

Well, I opened up the 2005. It had pretty much the same screen space vertically as the 19 inch I'm on now but it has about two more inches horizontally.

I'm really diggin trying something that I read in the Anandtech.com review.

"Another critical note for gamers interested in these displays is the aspect ratio. 1680x1050 is not a very common aspect ratio (16:10). We can watch unscaled 720p inside a window on either display, or scaled 720p with black bars across the bottom of our screen, but it isn't native. Very few games support 1680x1050 as a resolution (with the exception Half Life 2 and Far Cry), so no matter what you play, you will be playing on a scaled signal. Scaled signals degrade play quality as one pixel becomes stretched or compressed to account for the screen size. Dell has an ace up their sleeve with the ability to unscale the signal and have it display as it truly should in native form in the center of the screen (the Dell 2001FP also did this). Apple's Cinema display does not have the circuitry to do this. Several games support a 1600x900 resolution, which on the Dell 2005FPW, only leaves a few pixels along each side uncropped. "

I didn't even know this was possible. One thing I was planning to do was to use this for general purpose and eventually get a 22" CRT for gaming. But if the response times holds up and and can play most games without screen distortion because of the unscaling feature then the hell with the CRT. I'll get two 2005's!

Eventually I'll do a review but it won't be for awhile. At least until I get a good card with a DVI port so I can tru;y calibrate it. I'm going to hook it in tomorrow to search for dead pixels but thats pretty much it for now.

[quote name='JSweeney']Your mom goes to college![/QUOTE]

:lol: ND is one of the few movies that seems to improve with every viewing. I'm convinced that the reason people hate it is that at some point in their life they were one of the characters. It just hits a little too close to home. :lol:

Ehh, I thought it was ok... but the hype going into it would have made it hard not to be disappointed. EVERY local radio station used drops from ND on thier morning shows, midday shows, evening shows, overnight shows.... after hearing the better lines ad naseum, seeing them in context lost a little bit of it's luster.

That said, I was kind of disappointed by it, but I could see why some people would absolutely love it.

[quote name='JSweeney']Ehh, I thought it was ok... but the hype going into it would have made it hard not to be disappointed. EVERY local radio station used drops from ND on thier morning shows, midday shows, evening shows, overnight shows.... after hearing the better lines ad naseum, seeing them in context lost a little bit of it's luster.

That said, I was kind of disappointed by it, but I could see why some people would absolutely love it.[/QUOTE]

The first time I saw it I was a little dissapointed, even without hearing much hype at the time. (only had a couple people tell me it was the "best movie ever") I don't listen to the radio all that much so I really didn't experience the over exposure.

However as I've watched it more it's been growing on me. Maybe because the friends I watch it with are always pointing out the ways they were just like Napoleon when they were about 10 years old. ND is one of the most realistic depictions of life ever put on film, which is a truly horrifying and hilarious proposition. :lol:

[quote name='JSweeney']Ehh, I thought it was ok... but the hype going into it would have made it hard not to be disappointed. EVERY local radio station used drops from ND on thier morning shows, midday shows, evening shows, overnight shows.... after hearing the better lines ad naseum, seeing them in context lost a little bit of it's luster.

That said, I was kind of disappointed by it, but I could see why some people would absolutely love it.[/QUOTE]
When my Robotics team went to Atlanta, we took a bus. The bus had a DVD player.

"Mean Girls" got a much, much better reaction than ND did.

It wasn't a horrible movie, but it wasn't able to hold my interest for very long. I think a big part of that was having heard so many of the lines and jokes repeated for months prior to having seen it, but it could have been the fact that I was watching it on a bus at 3PM somewhere in Tennessee.

I might give it another shot someday, maybe. It didn't seem horrible...but it didn't seem all that great either.

Trey Parker was with an absolute asian hottie at the WH Correspondants Dinner.

One thing that is disappointing about the dinner is that it's 50% celebrities. Only about half ciorrespondants. Doesn't seem fair to the latter since it is their party.

Mean Girls is great in it's own right, but I watched that one twice the first week I had the DVD and never again. I watched ND twice last weekend (though once was w/ commentary).

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']When my Robotics team went to Atlanta, we took a bus. The bus had a DVD player.

"Mean Girls" got a much, much better reaction than ND did.

It wasn't a horrible movie, but it wasn't able to hold my interest for very long. I think a big part of that was having heard so many of the lines and jokes repeated for months prior to having seen it, but it could have been the fact that I was watching it on a bus at 3PM somewhere in Tennessee.

I might give it another shot someday, maybe. It didn't seem horrible...but it didn't seem all that great either.[/QUOTE]

Drew and Mike and then Deminski and Doyle playing the lines UNGODLY numbers of times during both the morning and afternoon comute really doesn't help...

[quote name='JSweeney']Drew and Mike and then Deminski and Doyle playing the lines UNGODLY numbers of times during both the morning and afternoon comute really doesn't help...[/QUOTE]
For the most part, I avoid the radio in the morning. I'm only in the car for fifteen minutes and it's not unusual for most of that drive to be commercials or news. 89X tends to play the most music while I'm driving to school, but I tend to listen to CDs intead.

Another benefit - no ND sound bytes in my music. :D

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']:lol: ND is one of the few movies that seems to improve with every viewing. I'm convinced that the reason people hate it is that at some point in their life they were one of the characters. It just hits a little too close to home. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I thought the movie was one of the dumbest I've ever seen the first time I saw it, but after viewing it a few more times, it made me laugh more each time.

Somehow, I've managed to go from 3/4's of a page to 3 whole pages just using a few of my points for this paper. I haven't even gotten to the part of the case where I can apply multiple theories to one act. This paper's gonna be easy.

You guys suck for referencing Napolean Dynamite and getting me all confused. I still haven't seen the movie. :( I didn't even know what the hell ND was until I googled it.

[quote name='dcfox']You guys suck for referencing Napolean Dynamite and getting me all confused. I still haven't seen the movie. :( I didn't even know what the hell ND was until I googled it.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be thesisizing? Shouldn't that be an actual word? :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Shouldn't you be thesisizing? Shouldn't that be an actual word? :lol:[/QUOTE]
And shouldn't you be studying for your exams? ;)

[quote name='dcfox']And shouldn't you be studying for your exams? ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey, I looked over the list of that will be covered, if not the lecture notes themselves. :lol:

I'm busy watching my White Stripes DVD right now, and then maybe I'll play some Jade Empire (though I'm not making any promises).

WOOHOO! Goty the Monitor set up. Had to use DVI to get the right resolution. Anyway, I've done the dead pixel test and I have one dead pixel stuck on black. It's in the lower left corner about a quarter inch to the right and a centimeter above the start button.

But otherwise the monitor is pristine and clear, and I can live with one dead pixel that's out of the way in the lower lower left corner and that's barely visible. If I hadn't been looking for it I wouldn't have noticed it.

Overall it is gorgeous!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'] I can live with one dead pixel that's out of the way in the lower lower left corner and that's barely visible. If I hadn't been looking for it I wouldn't have noticed it.[/QUOTE]

Yes but now that you know it's there it will become a constant point of focus, slowly driving you mad. At least that's what would happen to me. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Yes but now that you know it's there it will become a constant point of focus, slowly driving you mad. At least that's what would happen to me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I would think that but it's only visible when looking at the screen from the lower left. The other pixels drown it out. Either that or look at it straight on from close off. Right now as I'm typing this from my bamtage point I can't see it. I'm looking right at the area and I can't pick it out. It's far enough out of the way. SO it's barely noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back