The OTT that Moxio is too cool for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']AB. Too insecure to try for BC, especially since I've got to study for my Physics C and English Lit APs as well.

I could probably have handled it, but I decided not to risk it. The difference in credit at UofM wouldn't have been worth it anyway.[/QUOTE]
Hey, Senior year I had Calc BC, Phys C, AP Gov, and AP English Lit. And Junior year I had Chem AP, Bio AP, US History AP, and French AP... That's why my GPA got fucked so bad...

Well I started playing Jade Empire last night and it's now 7:20 am. I wouldn't even be heading to bed now if the damn game didn't freeze on me. :lol:

[quote name='beerguy961']Hey, Senior year I had Calc BC, Phys C, AP Gov, and AP English Lit. And Junior year I had Chem AP, Bio AP, US History AP, and French AP... That's why my GPA got fucked so bad...[/QUOTE]
That's why you be careful when you plan your schedule. Three AP classes and a massive semester long research project was not an easy combination, but it was manageable.

[quote name='beerguy961']I must speak to the Burger King. His burgers are unsatisfying and not as good as those anywhere else...[/QUOTE]
You speak lies!

[quote name='beerguy961']I must speak to the Burger King. His burgers are unsatisfying and not as good as those anywhere else...[/QUOTE]
well anythings better than the crap McDonalds serves, but nothing beats a homemade burger

My bad, west coast. Sorry about that. I guess we need spoiler boxes for the forum. I wonder if they're hard to add in.

I think it's time to start Deadly Alliance over again.

Never did get very far into it the first time through, and it seems like it'd be a good stress reliever right about now...

But since GameCrazy's sale is still going, are there any good PS1 fighters I should look into buying? How is the PS1 port of Alpha 3?

At this point, I think I just need to bust some heads. Maybe Vice City would be a better choice for that...

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']But since GameCrazy's sale is still going, are there any good PS1 fighters I should look into buying? How is the PS1 port of Alpha 3?[/QUOTE]

Excellently awesome. The DC version is more arcade perfect, but I myself don't care for the DC pad for fighting games at all.

[quote name='jmcc']Excellently awesome. The DC version is more arcade perfect, but I myself don't care for the DC pad for fighting games at all.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately for me, though, there aren't any GCs in the area with the game. :cry:

The mall that has it is out of the question, but I might be able to manage a trip for SFA3. It might be worth it.

Thinking about fighting games...

You know what game I haven't played in ages? Ballz. I loved it, even if it wasn't exactly a great game. It was fun, and the graphics were damn good for the Genesis.

I wonder if there's a way to play that online?

You know, I hate to say it but I think I may start selling off a large part of my gmae collection. I just don't get to play these things that much anymore and I need to stop wasting cash on it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']You know, I hate to say it but I think I may start selling off a large part of my gmae collection. I just don't get to play these things that much anymore and I need to stop wasting cash on it.[/QUOTE]
Be careful. I know more than a few people who ended up spending more than they sold the games for to reassemble their collections.

I do believe that the dcfox and his merry band of "Hidden Otters" secret OTT-esque thread has gone lame.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Be careful. I know more than a few people who ended up spending more than they sold the games for to reassemble their collections.[/QUOTE]

True, but I have more than one of some games that I won't miss (Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger). Anything that might cost me near a hundred to replace later (that I really like to play) I probably won't get rid of. I really need a change of scenery in my life and I don't want to go into my 401K. Lately I have been more into anime anyway. I'll probably sell my sports collectibles too. I am not sure about my comics though.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']True, but I have more than one of some games that I won't miss (Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger). Anything that might cost me near a hundred to replace later (that I really like to play) I probably won't get rid of. I really need a change of scenery in my life and I don't want to go into my 401K. Lately I have been more into anime anyway. I'll probably sell my sports collectibles too. I am not sure about my comics though.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's a game I love that got unreasonably hard to find or somewhat expensive to replace, I decided to sell off whatever doubles I had long ago.
I view videogames much more like books than collectables. (I keep the ones I'd like to replay at some point)
though you reminded me... I have boxes of old baseball cards and comics that probably aren't worth the paper they're printed on. It's just about time for that yearly purge.

[quote name='zewone']Guile - that is a great sig. Make it yourself?[/QUOTE]To be honest I was going to use this that I did make but it didn't quite come out how I wanted.

danica7sr.jpg

Maybe next month I'll try to refine it a bit.

[quote name='JSweeney']I do believe that the dcfox and his merry band of "Hidden Otters" secret OTT-esque thread has gone lame.[/QUOTE]

I guess you of all people would know best.

Man, I am so full...

I just had a big spagetti dinner, a can of peas, and two small cheese rolls.

I think my stomach is going to explode and Vin Diesel will pop out.

I also just watched some conservative nut on C-Span speak for over an hour about how South Park is really the epitome of the conservative battale against the liberal media elite. His book is titled, "South Park Conservatives."

I would argue it should be titled, "Wholly Without Merit."

Ooo! Ooo! Next is the history of Daylight saving times! :bouncy:

[quote name='shrike4242']Good to know you found your way back over here.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess the vs. forum will die again, you do realize we doubled the support base for it?:lol:

[quote name='zionoverfire']Well I guess the vs. forum will die again, you do realize we doubled the support base for it?:lol:[/QUOTE]

I do see that, and as I'm guilty as the rest for participating in the threads in question, they'd turned into OTT's, and therfore, it's time to lock them.

So, to you, glad you also made your way in here.

[quote name='shrike4242']I do see that, and as I'm guilty as the rest for participating in the threads in question, they'd turned into OTT's, and therfore, it's time to lock them.

So, to you, glad you also made your way in here.[/QUOTE]

Made my way back here? To the thread I started?:lol:

I just fail to see the problem with having an OT in the vs forum it's out of the way, it never appears on the main page and the only one to bitch is max, who oddly enough bitches about the OT topics whenever he can yet rarely uses the topic in the first place.:D

Time for a new sig for me guys. Found this through doing a lot of google searches. Couldn't find what I was looking for and then I modded it some. So what do you think of it?

I think I might change my avatar too to Jessica Alba from Sin City. She's my fav plus I dunno, nothing against Moxio but i think it might be time for a new avatar.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Made my way back here? To the thread I started?:lol:

I just fail to see the problem with having an OT in the vs forum it's out of the way, it never appears on the main page and the only one to bitch is max, who oddly enough bitches about the OT topics whenever he can yet rarely uses the topic in the first place.:D[/QUOTE]

Because in the long long ago, chaos riegned. OTTs ran free, terrorizing every board except for the Deal threads, which the mods policed.

Then came a mighty plague upon the server, with the wieght of the massive OTTs and thier OTTer offspring dragging the level of the boards service to a crawl.
This continued for a while, until CheapyD started upon "THE GREAT REARRANGING".

After this had been done, a royal decree was sounded, stating that there "can be only one", and that upon it's growth to 500, it must be sacraficed to make way for it's offspring.

What is the biggest lesson we can take away from this? Just this... if you do plan to take a thead and make it go off topic, do not have the hubris to declare it an off-topic topic.

[quote name='JSweeney']Because in the long long ago, chaos riegned. OTTs ran free, terrorizing every board except for the Deal threads, which the mods policed.

Then came a mighty plague upon the server, with the wieght of the massive OTTs and thier OTTer offspring dragging the level of the boards service to a crawl.
This continued for a while, until CheapyD started upon "THE GREAT REARRANGING".

After this had been done, a royal decree was sounded, stating that there "can be only one", and that upon it's growth to 500, it must be sacraficed to make way for it's offspring.

What is the biggest lesson we can take away from this? Just this... if you do plan to take a thead and make it go off topic, do not have the hubris to declare it an off-topic topic.[/QUOTE]

And all of that was based on an old server which was dropped a while back.:D

Man, I might be getting BG: DA2 for $15 from GameCrazy if my nephew can get to it.

And, I'm hooked on Red Alert 2 right now. Soviets rule!

[quote name='jmcc']Who's seen the rest of FMA here? I missed the first part of tonight's episode and I'm wondering if, since Envy was impersonating her, Ross was killed too.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if anyone answered this yet, but Envy can impersonate anyone, regardless of if they are alive or not. But more directly, Ross isn't dead. And the proof that Envy can become anyone is he became Gracia (Hughes' wife) also, when we know she was alive.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I think I might change my avatar too to Jessica Alba from Sin City. She's my fav plus I dunno, nothing against Moxio but i think it might be time for a new avatar.[/QUOTE]
I liked her and Britney Murphy for some reason.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']
And, I'm hooked on Red Alert 2 right now. Soviets rule![/QUOTE]

Yes, played the expansion pack yet? Yuri is quite fun.:D

[quote name='zionoverfire']And all of that was based on an old server which was dropped a while back.:D[/QUOTE]

Garbage in, Garbage out.
As much as everyone loves them, OTTs don't really add anything to the board.
Having more that one allows and begs for little cliques to form... the little hidden OTTs you had drew less than ten posters. I have a feeling those numbers would hold true of OTTs were allowed to run rampant again, and you'd start to lose the feeling of community, with people starting to insulate themselve in thier own little world, and begining to get delusions of granduer and believing themselves to be "illuminati" or "freemason" like.

It makes the most sense to keep Off-topicness in the off-topic catagory...
while the VS boards serve thier own fuction... which tends to keep contraversy kept inside it and not glutting the other threads, or the OTTs.

[quote name='zewone']And Cheapy never said they had to be a 500 post limit. Defender made that up, and it just kind of stuck.[/QUOTE]

True, but Defender was working under the authority of CheapyD, heck, even at times seizing the reigns of power for short periods of time :)

[quote name='JSweeney']Garbage in, Garbage out.
As much as everyone loves them, OTTs don't really add anything to the board.
Having more that one allows and begs for little cliques to form... the little hidden OTTs you had drew less than ten posters. I have a feeling those numbers would hold true of OTTs were allowed to run rampant again, and you'd start to lose the feeling of community, with people starting to insulate themselve in thier own little world, and begining to get delusions of granduer and believing themselves to be "illuminati" or "freemason" like.

It makes the most sense to keep Off-topicness in the off-topic catagory...
while the VS boards serve thier own fuction... which tends to keep contraversy kept inside it and not glutting the other threads, or the OTTs.[/QUOTE]

Cliques? Like the halo clique, the trading cliques, The specific deal thread cliques, and the vs clique?:lol:

People by nature form groups, well I guess it's time for another high contraversy thread in the vs forum, guess I'll go article collecting.:roll:

[quote name='zionoverfire']Yes, played the expansion pack yet? Yuri is quite fun.:D[/QUOTE]

I have the Battle Chest thing. I can't play Yuri's Revenge, however, on account of the disc falling on my floor and, when I went to get it, I ran it over with my chair #-o

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I liked her and Britney Murphy for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Those two are probably my top 2 hottest women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back