The OTT that Moxio is too cool for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']I have the Battle Chest thing. I can't play Yuri's Revenge, however, on account of the disc falling on my floor and, when I went to get it, I ran it over with my chair #-o[/QUOTE]

Ouch, I'm sorry. It's not nearly as good but Yuri has some really funny special units and the allies finally get a tank worth using.:D

[quote name='zionoverfire']Cliques? Like the halo clique, the trading cliques, The specific deal thread cliques, and the vs clique?:lol:

People by nature form groups, well I guess it's time for another high contraversy thread in the vs forum, guess I'll go article collecting.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Just because they naturally form is not a good reason to give them an even more fertile location for them to grow.

The VS thread keeps a great number of near flame war producing topics like religion and politics in thier own little realm... which keeps the Off topic area much, much more light-hearted. I would think people that have been around long enough to remember a time before it existed would remember that.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Ouch, I'm sorry. It's not nearly as good but Yuri has some really funny special units and the allies finally get a tank worth using.:D[/QUOTE]

Hehe, it's K. Yeah, I like the minigun tank, and I love Yuri's Superweapon. It pales in comparison to the Nuke, but still.

I so want these but not for $30.

8263_lg.jpg

8265_lg.jpg

[quote name='JSweeney']Just because they naturally form is not a good reason to give them an even more fertile location for them to grow.

The VS thread keeps a great number of near flame war producing topics like religion and politics in thier own little realm... which keeps the Off topic area much, much more light-hearted. I would think people that have been around long enough to remember a time before it existed would remember that.[/QUOTE]

I fail to see the problem with cliques, in any site with a sufficient number of posters you cannot create a group spirit in anything but the broadest sense, people are going to clump up and discouraging the behavior simply creates more hidden gated sub communities.:D

[quote name='zionoverfire']I fail to see the problem with cliques, in any site with a sufficient number of posters you cannot create a group spirit in anything but the broadest sense, people are going to clump up and discouraging the behavior simply creates more hidden gated sub communities.:D[/QUOTE]

Cliques, by thier very nature, reek of exclusivity...
it gives people a way to try to bolster thier own egos by ganging up on, and attacking others not in thier clique.

But then, who would see a problem with two or three people ganging up on one person, and basically turning a decent coverstation into a meaningless pissing match? :)

[quote name='JSweeney']Cliques, by thier very nature, reek of exclusivity...
it gives people a way to try to bolster thier own egos by ganging up on, and attacking others not in thier clique.

But then, who would see a problem with two or three people ganging up on one person, and basically turning a decent coverstation into a meaningless pissing match? :)[/QUOTE]

A bit sore about the countless times you've martyred yourself and how no one else seems to give a damn about it?

[quote name='JSweeney']It makes the most sense to keep Off-topicness in the off-topic catagory...
while the VS boards serve thier own fuction... which tends to keep contraversy kept inside it and not glutting the other threads, or the OTTs.[/quote]
To be fair to us, the "titts" thread was moved to the VS. forum by a mod even though it was probably more suited for the OT forum where it started. I guess we just took that as a green light to invade. I'm still trying to figue out the reasoning behind that but I'm not complaining :D

[quote name='dcfox']To be fair to us, the "titts" thread was moved to the VS. forum by a mod even though it was probably more suited for the OT forum where it started. I guess we just took that as a green light to invade. I'm still trying to figue out the reasoning behind that but I'm not complaining :D[/QUOTE]

The reasoning is that anything that might be offensive now gets dumped in the Vs. forum to keep from pissing off any sponsors, hence why the do you do drugs got moved there.

[quote name='zionoverfire']The reasoning is that anything that might be offensive now gets dumped in the Vs. forum to keep from pissing off any sponsors, hence why the do you do drugs got moved there.[/QUOTE]
*cough* Pershing *cough*

I watched two episodes of Nip/Tuck last night. I forgot how great the show was. I haven't watched since Season 1. I need to pick up Season 1 and rewatch it. Now, if it wasn't so goddamn expensive.

[quote name='karsh']I don't know if anyone answered this yet, but Envy can impersonate anyone, regardless of if they are alive or not. But more directly, Ross isn't dead. And the proof that Envy can become anyone is he became Gracia (Hughes' wife) also, when we know she was alive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It just seems like the people he's impersonated up until that point had been killed. In any case, I hope Ross isn't gone. I like her.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']it needs 481 to be longest running show ever. I dont see it stopping any time soon[/QUOTE]
second only to...

[quote name='jmcc']Yeah. It just seems like the people he's impersonated up until that point had been killed. In any case, I hope Ross isn't gone. I like her.[/QUOTE]

Could be imagining things, but wasn't she at the funeral...

[quote name='dcfox']*cough* Pershing *cough*[/QUOTE]

:lol: He seems to lack selection and has this odd desire to create 10 topics in 1 day. A couple of them were good a few didn't make any sense and a few others shouldn't have even been posted.

And I take it we have someone on today that keeps getting banned? So far I've seen a sex story and another thread or 2 get deleted, all from different users with very few posts.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Could be imagining things, but wasn't she at the funeral...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot that. Ross does show up at the funeral. But as I mentioned before, you haven't seen the last of Ross regardless.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']It was Ozzie and Harriet at 480, and thats for TV sitcoms. My bad.[/QUOTE]
What's the second longest?

[quote name='SpottedNigel']it needs 481 to be longest running show ever. I dont see it stopping any time soon[/QUOTE]

More than that I think, longest running TV show is actually meet the press which is like almost 60 years old, but you cannt compare ones like that and soaps and such to be fair. I do believe it already has the title of longest running half hour comedy by years (dunno if it has the most episodes though). I know there's a few more weekly fictional shows that have gone longer too...I think Gunsmoke had around 600 episdoes an dis the longest IIRC what I was told.

[quote name='dcfox']What's the second longest?[/QUOTE]

My Three Sons may still be ahead of it, it was only on for like 12 or 13 years I think but back in the day they cranked out more episodes per year.

I'm watching Extreme Home Makeover, because one of the FIRST Robotics teams is part of the show tonight. They redid the bedroom of a twelve year old.

I've given up on the Simpsons, for the most part. It's easier that way.

sneaky, the guy in your sig looks like the rapist from Hannibal, the one who gets fed to the pigs (who might have been Gary Oldman with alot of make up, because he was in the credits)

[quote name='smalien1']sneaky, the guy in your sig looks like the rapist from Hannibal, the one who gets fed to the pigs (who might have been Gary Oldman with alot of make up, because he was in the credits)[/QUOTE]

Never saw Hannibal, but the guy in my sig is Kyo from Dir en grey, from the video for Obscure.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']At least it wasn't Scientologists :lol:[/QUOTE]

They were pretty col. They knew I wasn't interested so they asked if I'd allow a prayer and that was cool so we did that and they were gone.

Things were a lot worse in Tallahassee. It's no accident that the Schaivo case was in Florida. Florida is like a religious wild west. Scientologists, Mormans, Lutherans, Protestants, Muslims, Buddihts, and so on. Certain sects are VERY aggressive down there.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']They were pretty col. They knew I wasn't interested so they asked if I'd allow a prayer and that was cool so we did that and they were gone.

[/QUOTE]

I've actually got no problem with Mormons in general. I even like Hare Krishnas. They're pretty nice people when you talk to them.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Family guy is back. And knowing is half the battle![/QUOTE]

I could not be happier right now. Family Guy is better than ever, and I jsut found a torrent for all of Freakazoid.

[quote name='dcfox']There must be something wrong with me tonight. I'm just not finding anything funny.[/QUOTE]

Overall there hasn't been some amzingly funny skit but there are a ton of little jokes. Like the Presidential sticker on the Griffin's Car. The Evil monkey popping up. No major gag like ajewish episode but a ton of little stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back