The OTT that Moxio is too cool for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shrike4242']As I check my Tivo's scheduling, Samurai Champloo comes to Cartoon Network starting on Saturday, the 14th, at 11:30PM ET.[/QUOTE]
Sweet, this is looking to be the best month ever!

[quote name='shrike4242']As I check my Tivo's scheduling, Samurai Champloo comes to Cartoon Network starting on Saturday, the 14th, at 11:30PM ET.[/QUOTE]

Never seen it, but I heard it was good and saw a used disc at my local used cd place and contemplated picking it up. Anyone care to tell me more?

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Yes, but you have teh Alba! :drool:[/QUOTE]

Meh. Alba was hot, but overall, I didn't like her that much in Sin City. She was just so not amazingly badass like Miho was. There's just something badass about a hot ninja chick protecting hookers. Though I'm still completely unsure about whether Miho is actually a prostitute or not.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Never seen it, but I heard it was good and saw a used disc at my local used cd place and contemplated picking it up. Anyone care to tell me more?[/QUOTE]
It's a hip hop samurai version of CB from the same people, and it kicks ass.

[quote name='karsh']Meh. Alba was hot, but overall, I didn't like her that much in Sin City. She was just so not amazingly badass like Miho was. There's just something badass about a hot ninja chick protecting hookers. Though I'm still completely unsure about whether Miho is actually a prostitute or not.[/QUOTE]

Alba and Murphy were my favorite girls in SC, Miho was cool, but not the best. She just wasn't on enough to win me over.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a hip hop samurai version of CB from the same people, and it kicks ass.[/QUOTE]

Also explains why there's no GITS:SAC in two weeks, or any of the normal stuff. All 25 Clone Wars episodes from 7-10PM ET, same day.

[quote name='shrike4242']Also explains why there's no GITS:SAC in two weeks, or any of the normal stuff. All 25 Clone Wars episodes from 7-10PM ET, same day.[/QUOTE]
Nice, I missed all the episodes after the first week and need to catch up.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a hip hop samurai version of CB from the same people, and it kicks ass.[/QUOTE]

In other words, I should pick it up if it's still there :lol:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Never seen it, but I heard it was good and saw a used disc at my local used cd place and contemplated picking it up. Anyone care to tell me more?[/QUOTE]

As already stated, it is a hip hop samurai version of Cowboy Bebop. Cowboy Bebop used to be my favorite anime (notice the "Spike" in my name?). I've seen about 10 of the episodes, and I think it's better than Cowboy Bebop. CB is still great, but Champloo is something you should definitely see if you liked CB at all.

[quote name='KingSpike']As already stated, it is a hip hop samurai version of Cowboy Bebop. Cowboy Bebop used to be my favorite anime (notice the "Spike" in my name?). I've seen about 10 of the episodes, and I think it's better than Cowboy Bebop. CB is still great, but Champloo is something you should definitely see if you liked CB at all.[/QUOTE]

considering I love CB, I'm gonna have to make a trip to see if that's still there. Damn you for making me spend more money! :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Alba and Murphy were my favorite girls in SC, Miho was cool, but not the best. She just wasn't on enough to win me over.[/QUOTE]

And Murphy and Alba were? That's just odd. Though Miho becomes INSANELY cooler once you read Family Values. She's beyond amazing in that.

But seriously, I find Alba to be WAY overrated. People act like she's the hottest thing ever, when quite frankly, she's far from it. Scarlett, for example, is hotter in my mind. Also, Petra Nemcova is insanely hot. I mean, I'd take this: over Alba any day.

[quote name='karsh']And Murphy and Alba were? That's just odd. Though Miho becomes INSANELY cooler once you read Family Values. She's beyond amazing in that.

But seriously, I find Alba to be WAY overrated. People act like she's the hottest thing ever, when quite frankly, she's far from it. Scarlett, for example, is hotter in my mind. Also, Petra Nemcova is insanely hot. I mean, I'd take this: over Alba any day.[/QUOTE]
They had whole freaking sections devoted to them and their man for that part of the story. Miho was only in the last half of one story.

I've been a fan of Alba's for a while. I even saw her in an after-school special she did when she was younger in school one day. I find Scarlett to be overrated, as she's hot, but not as hot as everyone here seems to say she is(she's usually been mentioned as God-like in hotness). Petra's pretty good, but not insanely hot.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They had whole freaking sections devoted to them and their man for that part of the story. Miho was only in the last half of one story.

I've been a fan of Alba's for a while. I even saw her in an after-school special she did when she was younger in school one day. I find Scarlett to be overrated, as she's hot, but not as hot as everyone here seems to say she is(she's usually been mentioned as God-like in hotness). Petra's pretty good, but not insanely hot.[/QUOTE]

And given the opportunity to have any of them, would you really get picky? :rofl:

[quote name='shrike4242']And given the opportunity to have any of them, would you really get picky? :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Hell no, of course I'd have preferences in the order that it'd happen. :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Hell no, of course I'd have preferences in the order that it'd happen. :D[/QUOTE]

The question is, would you go in ascending or descending order of hotness?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They had whole freaking sections devoted to them and their man for that part of the story. Miho was only in the last half of one story.

I've been a fan of Alba's for a while. I even saw her in an after-school special she did when she was younger in school one day. I find Scarlett to be overrated, as she's hot, but not as hot as everyone here seems to say she is. Petra's pretty good, but not insanely hot.[/QUOTE]

Ummm...Murphy only shows up at the very beginning of Clive's story, and then sporadically in flashbacks. She's entirely pointless in the whole story of Sin City, where Miho is very important. Yeah, Murphy's waitress shows up every now and then in the bar, but it's so brief, it's useless. You must have watched a very different Sin City if you thought Murphy was important. Plus, if you want to consider Dwight's anyone's man, he's Gail's man. I think the end of that story proved that. I think Miho showed up more in the movie, especially in important parts of the movie, than Murphy.

As for Alba, she seriously isn't that attractive. She's okay, but she really is nothing special. I watched the beginning of Dark Angel, cause she seemed hot, but my interest waned in it since she wasn't as hot as she seemed. To point out another actress who's hotter than Alba, I'll just point at Eva Longoria.

[quote name='karsh']To point out another actress who's hotter than Alba, I'll just point at Eva Longoria.[/QUOTE]

She's been tainted by Tony Parker!!!

[quote name='karsh']Though I'm still completely unsure about whether Miho is actually a prostitute or not.[/QUOTE]

Miho's a pro. A normal person would leave Sin City. Only those who have no place to go or are unable to go will stay.

[quote name='karsh']And Murphy and Alba were? That's just odd. Though Miho becomes INSANELY cooler once you read Family Values. She's beyond amazing in that.

But seriously, I find Alba to be WAY overrated. People act like she's the hottest thing ever, when quite frankly, she's far from it. Scarlett, for example, is hotter in my mind. Also, Petra Nemcova is insanely hot. I mean, I'd take this: over Alba any day.[/QUOTE]

Mmmm ... Petra. :drool: :drool: :drool:

And we already know how I feel about Scarlett. :lol:

[quote name='crazytalkx']Hmmm maybe I should go to sleep for the 3-4 hour AP English test I have tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

might be smart.

edit: aha I thought you were zewone cuz of the avatar.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Hmmm maybe I should go to sleep for the 3-4 hour AP English test I have tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

The AP English test is cake. You don't need no sleep! :D

[quote name='jaykrue']Miho's a pro. A normal person would leave Sin City. Only those who have no place to go or are unable to go will stay.[/QUOTE]

I'm still unsure. In the comics, she seems more to be in the same boat as Dwight. Seems she owes an alliance to the prostitutes. There's things in the comics that makes me think she's a prostitute, but then there's things that make me unsure she's a prostitute. However, I'd almost hate to be the person who hired Miho. One wrong move, and *SLICE*...there goes your head.

[quote name='karsh'] However, I'd almost hate to be the person who hired Miho. One wrong move, and *SLICE*...there goes your head.[/QUOTE]
Double entendre intended?

[quote name='karsh']Ummm...Murphy only shows up at the very beginning of Clive's story, and then sporadically in flashbacks. She's entirely pointless in the whole story of Sin City, where Miho is very important. Yeah, Murphy's waitress shows up every now and then in the bar, but it's so brief, it's useless. You must have watched a very different Sin City if you thought Murphy was important. Plus, if you want to consider Dwight's anyone's man, he's Gail's man. I think the end of that story proved that. I think Miho showed up more in the movie, especially in important parts of the movie, than Murphy.

As for Alba, she seriously isn't that attractive. She's okay, but she really is nothing special. I watched the beginning of Dark Angel, cause she seemed hot, but my interest waned in it since she wasn't as hot as she seemed. To point out another actress who's hotter than Alba, I'll just point at Eva Longoria.[/QUOTE]
I never said she was important. I said she was my favorite w/Alba. Those are two very different things. She made an impact on me, as I was wishing for her to reappear through the rest of the movie.

Eva's alright, but I'm not much of a fan of the latino/mexican women. I've barely even heard of her, let alone see her in anything(which she hasn't done much of anything but soaps). Dark Angel was a good show while it lasted, as I came to it for her and got hooked on it. You can name every woman you like more than her, you've already made your opinion known.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']why are you guys so obsessed with sin city[/QUOTE]

Have you seen/read it? If you have and still don't know, do it again. :lol:

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']why are you guys so obsessed with sin city[/QUOTE]

Because not only was it a great movie, it's also an amazingly well done comic.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Have you seen/read it? If you have and still don't know, do it again. :lol:[/QUOTE]

See what kind of idiocity you have to deal with when you don't use the ignore button.:D

I would have to say Sin City is the single greatest new movie I've seen in the last year.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I never said she was important. I said she was my favorite w/Alba. Those are two very different things. She made an impact on me, as I was wishing for her to reappear through the rest of the movie.

Eva's alright, but I'm not much of a fan of the latino/mexican women. I've barely even heard of her, let alone see her in anything(which she hasn't done much of anything but soaps). Dark Angel was a good show while it lasted, as I came to it for her and got hooked on it. You can name every woman you like more than her, you've already made your opinion known.[/QUOTE]

You said she was more important to the story too. And I quote: "They had whole freaking sections devoted to them and their man for that part of the story. Miho was only in the last half of one story."

That gives off the impression that you think they're more important. And quite frankly, Murphy was horrible in the movie, and I was glad she only really appeared at the beginning of Dwight's story. And looks like it's more proof that you really do have the worst taste I have ever fucking seen ;););)

[quote name='karsh']You said she was more important to the story too. And I quote: "They had whole freaking sections devoted to them and their man for that part of the story. Miho was only in the last half of one story."

That gives off the impression that you think they're more important. And quite frankly, Murphy was horrible in the movie, and I was glad she only really appeared at the beginning of Dwight's story. And looks like it's more proof that you really do have the worst taste I have ever fucking seen ;););)[/QUOTE]

I don't have much of a sense of time when it comes to movies, so she seemed like she was on more than she was. She should've had more time on screen. ;) Like I give a shit what you think.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I never saw it no, didn't look worth $7 I'll rent it.[/QUOTE]

It's worth every damn penny in your bank account. Now GO! :twoguns:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't have much of a sense of time when it comes to movies, so she seemed like she was on more than she was. She should've had more time on screen. ;) Like I give a shit what you think.[/QUOTE]

And you seem to think I give a shit what you think.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't have much of a sense of time when it comes to movies, so she seemed like she was on more than she was. She should've had more time on screen. ;) Like I give a shit what you think.[/QUOTE]

Please. You and I both know you're only supporting her because of the King of the Hill connection, which personally I find disgusting. ;)

[quote name='zionoverfire']Oh yeah! So what kind did you get? Cod? Catfish? Halibut?[/QUOTE]

Has anyone had Skate Wings (as in the manta-ray-type things)? They are hella good!

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I never saw it no, didn't look worth $7 I'll rent it.[/QUOTE]
Let's be realistic about this, you couldn't go see it because your mother wouldn't buy you a ticket to an R-rated film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back