The "OTTs close at 500" OTT (and also fantasy football)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched some of Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang again the other day (came in halfway through it) and that movie still kicks all kinds of ass.

Trying to install a new drive (500 GB) to my PS3 and back up my old drive (120 GB) has become the most headache inducing experience I've had in gaming. :headache:

I finally got an external hard drive (320 GB) that works (first one clicked like a clock) and I think I got it formatted to FAT32 (even though it says exFAT). Nevertheless, I hook it up to the PS3 and it doesn't read the drive.
I have game saves and videos backed up on a flash drive, but that was only 8 GB.

At this point, am I better off redownloading everything from scratch after installing my 500 GB drive and returning this external drive? Is this external drive broken now that the PS3 doesn't recognize it? Why does Sony make this so difficult whereas the Xbox hard drive installation only took me a few minutes?

:wall:

[quote name='Cage017']Trying to install a new drive (500 GB) to my PS3 and back up my old drive (120 GB) has become the most headache inducing experience I've had in gaming. :headache:

I finally got an external hard drive (320 GB) that works (first one clicked like a clock) and I think I got it formatted to FAT32 (even though it says exFAT). Nevertheless, I hook it up to the PS3 and it doesn't read the drive.
I have game saves and videos backed up on a flash drive, but that was only 8 GB.

At this point, am I better off redownloading everything from scratch after installing my 500 GB drive and returning this external drive? Is this external drive broken now that the PS3 doesn't recognize it? Why does Sony make this so difficult whereas the Xbox hard drive installation only took me a few minutes?

:wall:[/QUOTE]
Its Sony, what else did you expect...?

[quote name='munch']Just had a baby girl![/QUOTE]

Why didn't we hear about this earlier?!!? You betray us, Munch...

In any case, good luck with that baby girl. :shock: And a big congrats!

[quote name='Number83']12 I think...9 different babbies mommas.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know Munch was an NBA player! Hey-o!

...Erm, yeah, congratulations Munch.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I didn't know Munch was an NBA player! Hey-o!

...Erm, yeah, congratulations Munch.[/QUOTE]

Munch is trying to run down Cromartie.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']How many kids is that for you now, munch?[/QUOTE]

3. 2 boys, 1 girl. I'm going to visit Dick Chopp here in Austin to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Why is it that you can have three kids and I can't bring myself to have even one?[/QUOTE]

You know it would only hurt your child if you were his/her parent? Good call buddy, you are a hero!:applause:

Any suggestions for wiping a laptop (I want to sell it, get all the personal data off, blah blah). I've come across KillDisk a lot but it seems to me that'll also wipe the OS, and I don't have a disk or anything for it. :/

Asus UL80VT if anyone happens to be interested, I need to unload this thing since I got a new laptop and I'd like to offset the cost of buying an unsubsidized iPhone 5.

[quote name='Rocko']Any suggestions for wiping a laptop (I want to sell it, get all the personal data off, blah blah). I've come across KillDisk a lot but it seems to me that'll also wipe the OS, and I don't have a disk or anything for it. :/

Asus UL80VT if anyone happens to be interested, I need to unload this thing since I got a new laptop and I'd like to offset the cost of buying an unsubsidized iPhone 5.[/QUOTE]

Reformat the HDD, that's a simple way to clear out the data on the HDD. Obviously there are ways to get data back, but unless you drown the computer completely there's pretty much always going to be a way to get the data back.

[quote name='munch']Just had a baby girl![/QUOTE]

Congratz! Hopefully your wife had the baby unless you're a seahorse or one of those aliens from Alien Nation.

Prepare for pink, princess, and lots and lots of whining.

I have a 4 year old who whines and cries when: Her cup isn't the right color, her shirt doesnt have a racoon on it, we're not wearing our swimsuit, it gets cloudy (Oh No! It going to rain! The clouds are full of water!), etc, etc.

When they're babies, they're great.

[quote name='Rocko']Any suggestions for wiping a laptop (I want to sell it, get all the personal data off, blah blah). I've come across KillDisk a lot but it seems to me that'll also wipe the OS, and I don't have a disk or anything for it. :/
[/QUOTE]

Rocko, if you want to make sure all that data is unrecoverable I recommend using a disk/drive scrubber program above anything else- as data is still recoverable after a reformat. These programs basically write a bunch of the data equivalent of "white noise" over and over again.

There are a few free ones out there (check CNET), I personally can't recommend any one in particular- I've always just handed them, even my clients drives/PC's, off to my wife's IT dept. as they have a beefy custom program suite for it.

More credit on the iphone than what we paid for it? Oh, then yes, we do need to upgrade to the iPhone 5 and spend $199 doing so. :roll:

I see no reason to upgrade to 5. It doesn't really offer anything new that makes it a "must have."

Then again, I don't pay a thing for any of my iToys. They're all work provided. If they deem it necessary to upgrade me, I'll let them.

[quote name='Number83']Patiently waiting for the Nokia Lumina 920 with Windows 8.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of thinking that might be the phone I get. The previews looked awesome.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I'm kind of thinking that might be the phone I get. The previews looked awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and the Tech Specs look like it blows the i5 out of the water.

[quote name='Maklershed']I want an iPhone and Windows 8[/QUOTE]

:whee:

Just provided the entertainment of the day to my office by thinking it was 3:45 and gathering my things up and saying goodbye to everyone .. only to find out that it was actually 2:45. Oops. :oops:

[quote name='Number83']Yeah, and the Tech Specs look like it blows the i5 out of the water.

:whee:[/QUOTE]

The camera alone is just ridiculous.

The summer madness at work looks to finally be over at the end of this weekend, I hope.

Getting tired of them springing shit up on me at the last minute. :puke:

Free time, here I come~

Got that young money Borderlands 2 pre-ordered with release date delivery. :) :) :)

The Master was intense and challenging, especially the second half. I'm not sure if it's possible to fully absorb everything on the first viewing. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it and I want to see it again,

[quote name='Brak']The summer madness at work looks to finally be over at the end of this weekend, I hope.

Getting tired of them springing shit up on me at the last minute. :puke:

Free time, here I come~

Got that young money Borderlands 2 pre-ordered with release date delivery. :) :) :)[/QUOTE]

I stop working crazy hours after this week as well but I just replace working with studying which sucks.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']The Master was intense and challenging, especially the second half. I'm not sure if it's possible to fully absorb everything on the first viewing. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it and I want to see it again,[/QUOTE]

I really want to see it. They're showing a 70mm print in austin next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back