The Pandora's Tower Preorder Thread

[quote name='Kaiser499']He didn't mention any games like that so settle down.[/QUOTE]

Oh, he didn't?

[quote name='AugustAPC']March has so many titles coming out!

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk
Tomb Raider
God of War: Ascensio
n
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
Gears of War: Judgment
Bishock Infinite

Pandora's Tower

...all games I want... I'm gonna have to make some hard choices here :| [/quote]

English can be fickle. The definition of "like" that I am using in this case is clearly "similar to", but then again, that may be asking for too much on this board.

[quote name='Nintendonly']You can wait for the HD games to go down to $20 or at least wait for the complete versions with all DLC.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nintendonly']English can be fickle. The definition of "like" that I am using in this case is clearly "similar to", but then again, that may be asking for too much on this board.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of the thick non-English speakers you can't stand. What does "HD" stand for in your usage?

[quote name='salty tbone']I'm one of the thick non-English speakers you can't stand. What does "HD" stand for in your usage?[/QUOTE]

High Definition.

[quote name='Nintendonly']High Definition.[/QUOTE]

So why didn't you highlight Hyperdimension? Again, my English is fickle.

[quote name='salty tbone']So why didn't you highlight Hyperdimension? Again, my English is fickle.[/QUOTE]

Because August already mentioned that he's getting that game day 1 regardless.

What's so freaking hard about understanding that games like Gears of War, BioShock, etc. get complete editions/game of the year editions 6 months to a year after they are released, and can be found for $20? Are people so dense on this board as to not realize this?

Simply put, only a fool buys those types of games at $60.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Because August already mentioned that he's getting that game day 1 regardless.[/QUOTE]

Where did he say that? My English is not so good. He says he wants the JRPG CEs but says nothing about "day 1 regardless." I guess that's my fickleness rearing its ugly head.

I guess my point is you point out those other games will drop in price like it's a big mystery to CAG, even though August acknowledged himself in the post you replied to. You repeat what's already been mentioned to him a couple times like it's brilliant advice, only using cryptic "HD" as if everyone should know it means high definition except for the high definition games you're not talking about.

You should take your own advice, don't be an ass.

All the games are "HD" and by your wording I thought you meant HD collections. Maybe you should try wording stuff a little better. Also, those games you've highlighted all have Collector's Editions.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Also, those games you've highlighted all have Collector's Editions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it would also be stupid to buy those day 1, seeing how they always linger around long enough to drop down massively in price.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Yeah, but it would also be stupid to buy those day 1, seeing how they always linger around long enough to drop down massively in price.[/QUOTE]

cutting_edge.png

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Not going to pre-order until more details come out. I want to know if there will be a bonus, more than one edition, etc.[/QUOTE]

Its been noted on Xseed's forum that if a bonus gets released, it will be in the same from of Last Story with a upgrade with the first sold batch.

[quote name='Frahps']Its been noted on Xseed's forum that if a bonus gets released, it will be in the same from of Last Story with a upgrade with the first sold batch.[/QUOTE]
Did that really work for them? Cause those 1st prints were sitting on shelves all around for months at a time.....

[quote name='rcerboss']Did that really work for them? Cause those 1st prints were sitting on shelves all around for months at a time.....[/QUOTE]

Well Last Story was one of their best selling games so yes.

[quote name='62t']Well Last Story was one of their best selling games so yes.[/QUOTE]
Well good for them, I never saw any sales data for that game but I figured it must have done badly. I was able to pick up my Last Story collector's edition on sale at Best Buy sometime at the end of October, and there were several left when I bought mine.

Unless I am confused and they all came with the artbook? I know I didn't get a CD with my game....... just the artbook and the fancy box

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm sure Xseed will do a CE--probably a first print, no extra $ type thing just like TLS.[/QUOTE]

Which means we probably won't get the Steelbook again, like TLS...blarg!

[quote name='rnocerino']Is this the very last Nintendo Wii game?[/QUOTE]
The last one worth mentioning, but no. There's some Young Justice tie in game, a We Sing game, and Disney Infinity that I believe are all due out after Pandora's title, not to mention some shovelware that I can't recall the names of.

And...... Pre-ordered!!!! Now the OpRainfall trilogy can stand complete on my shelves.

Also:

[quote name='rcerboss']The last one worth mentioning, but no. There's some Young Justice tie in game, a We Sing game, and Disney Infinity that I believe are all due out after Pandora's title, not to mention some shovelware that I can't recall the names of.[/QUOTE]

It would have been sort of poetic if Pandora's Tower had released in the US before The Last Story and if The Last Story really had been the final US Wii game to be released.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Don't be an ass. I'm clearly talking about games like these-[/QUOTE]

Be an ass? Give me a break. You weren't clear at all. Correlating high-def games to games that drop in price is ridiculous.

Oh well it'll sit next to the PAL Collector's I have. Heh maybe I'll just put it in the UK CE box and toss the normal game on eBay for cheap or something.

Preordered. It looks like a good game, but most importantly, I want to support XSEED in hopes that these sorts of localizations continue on into the future.

[quote name='b3b0p']No CE.

XSEED employee on Gaf has said such.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to it? It's difficult to browse GAF when you don't have an account.
Don't forget, a CE isn't the same as a "first-batch upgrade".

[quote name='b3b0p']No CE.

XSEED employee on Gaf has said such.[/QUOTE]

They said it will have one SKU, but could be like Last Story.

I'll have to purchase two copies. One to keep and one two keep sealed along with Xenoblade and Last Story. Hopefully they are worth some good change one day, even if it is a long time from now.

[quote name='62t']They said it will have one SKU, but could be like Last Story.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine Xseed not doing a CE for this, or at least, offering some kind of pre-order bonus. I think part of the reason TLS did well was because it was a nice CE and had the price of a standard game.

I stopped paying attention, is Operation Rainfall claiming that they're the ones that deserve the credit for this?

See? We told you. We sold all those collector's boxes and used that money to create so many dev kits. If we hadn't, XSeed would have never known that they could release a second game that might be one of their bestsellers. :roll:

Operation Rainfall were probably only as influential as the outcry for a PC version of Dark Souls. That's about it.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I stopped paying attention, is Operation Rainfall claiming that they're the ones that deserve the credit for this?

See? We told you. We sold all those collector's boxes and used that money to create so many dev kits. If we hadn't, XSeed would have never known that they could release a second game that might be one of their bestsellers. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Too late, they already made a post last Oct saying they "gave up" and it's "never coming out in America unless on digital download Wii U". Doubt they even sent out any Dev kits, the ****ing liers. Heh, I actually just went to check their site and they just updated and edited that out. But Google cache doesn't lie.

I just remembered an interview from XSEED saying that they almost got to publish a big name that would "shock the gaming community" but it fell through and the game wouldn't be coming out to NA ever, because the company didn't want it published by anyone else. I was thinking of Pandora's Tower, back then, but now I'm thinking Square-Enix, and possible something like Final Fantasy Type-0?

Went ahead and pre-ordered it, although it might be fighting for time with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate by that time in my WiiU.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I'll get 2 copies. Hope buy 2 get 1 Free Pop up the same time ;)[/QUOTE]

Usually those are only for used games

[quote name='Josh5890']I'll have to purchase two copies. One to keep and one two keep sealed along with Xenoblade and Last Story. Hopefully they are worth some good change one day, even if it is a long time from now.[/QUOTE]
They wont, three mediocre RPG's with each one being worse than the last one will not skyrocket in price.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']They wont, three mediocre RPG's with each one being worse than the last one will not skyrocket in price.[/QUOTE]

Quality of a game has little to do with rarity...

[quote name='Jaysonguy']They wont, three mediocre RPG's with each one being worse than the last one will not skyrocket in price.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard great things about the other two but Xenoblade is supposed to be good. Giantbombs quick look of it pretty much says as much as well.

Have you seen the price of Xenoblade lately on Amazon?

[quote name='ARsignal11']Have you seen the price of Xenoblade lately on Amazon?[/QUOTE]
Price doesn't denote value, there's a reason all those copies are sitting there not purchased.

[quote name='Blaster man']I haven't heard great things about the other two but Xenoblade is supposed to be good. Giantbombs quick look of it pretty much says as much as well.[/QUOTE]
Xenoblade isn't bad, it's in the "you might like this if you're part of a small section of people who like these things that other people normally don't"

Last Story and PT don't have that same draw

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Price doesn't denote value, there's a reason all those copies are sitting there not purchased.[/QUOTE]

Look at the sold copies on ebay

Xenoblade was a fantastic JRPG. I can't personally speak for the other two.

Last edited by a moderator:
People who buy so called rare stuff on ebay overpay all the time. I bought a used copy of xenoblade for $45 used and it was complete and mint condition

bread's done
Back