The Pandora's Tower Preorder Thread

[quote name='lutz']Unlike Nintendo, Xseed reprints their games if sold out. Sure you can't find Last Story with the extras anymore, but you certainly can find new copies for $30. Xenoblade was sold only at gamestop (or Nintendo directly). Xenoblade is also recognized as the better game.[/QUOTE]

I bought a sealed Last Story from Gamestop a while back that came sealed in the oversized box. Should it have had a Soundtrack in it?

I don't remember seeing on, but it might have been misplaced in my room.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I bought a sealed Last Story from Gamestop a while back that came sealed in the oversized box. Should it have had a Soundtrack in it?

I don't remember seeing on, but it might have been misplaced in my room.[/QUOTE]

The very first copies came with a cardboard case, artbook, and soundtrack. Then the soundtrack stopped coming with it, but it still had the cardboard case and artbook. Then it was just the game only - no cardboard case/artbook/soundtrack.

The soundtrack was not inside of the box, it was loose in a sleeve within the shrink wrap.

Ugh, are Gamestop and Amazon the only ones carrying this game? I can't find it anywhere. Not Wal-mart, or Best Buy, or Target. I suppose Amazon is the lesser of two evils, and I have around $90 of gift certificates I need to redeem, but I am really just tired of dealing with their crap.

[quote name='skiizim']Do you have prime? When is the delivery estimate? When I didn't continue my service with Amazon I saw how lame they are with FSS, they sometimes wait for the delivery estimate to near before they even ship.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went through this with Hyrule Historia. I pre-ordered last August, and the book came out this past January. But people who preordered within 48 hours of the books release were having their books shipped well before me. That REALLY pissed me off.

Prime members get free 2 day shipping. Fine. I get that. Ship the damn books on the same day, in order of when it was pre-ordered, and they can get there's earlier while I wait for my free shipping. I have no problem with that. But apparently they get priority on pre-orders. Several prime members who preordered at the very last minute had their books in their hands before mine even shipped.

What if I had tried to pre-order the limited edition book? I would have been SoL because "lol we gotta fill those prime orders before anyone else!" And to add insult to injury, the book came with the corners really bent up and the spine damaged. Complaining to customer service did nothing; they did offer to let me ship it back and send me another one via the super saver shipping, but I probably would have ended up with another beat up book. They didn't offer anything else, not even an apology. That's not the first time I've recieved damaged merchandise from them, but I was not expecting a hardcover book to have the shit beaten out of it like that with no cushioning or bubblewrap whatsoever.

Anyways, the whole experience really soured me on Amazon. I'll never order any collector's anything or preorder from them ever again, and I don't use the site for much of anything anymore besides burning through my gift certificates that I keep getting or price matching at Best Buy.

[quote name='MykonosFan']It's on Walmart's website, you could do a Site-to-Store.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pandora-s-Tower-Wii/23423811[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks for the help. I gotta see how much I have in Wal-Mart GC's, but I think I'll probably just get the game from there.

Does anybody know why nobody else is carrying this game? I wasn't expecting this to be such a limited release.

[quote name='Blank Earth']I'm from a small market so it may not mean much, but for whatever it's worth, my GameStop said they only got enough to cover pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

It's not just small market area, the gamestop I went to, Sunset & Western in Los Angeles only got 1 copy to cover the 1 preorder they got. They supposedly will be getting 4 more copies soon tho.

I grabbed my preorder at GS today. There was only 1 preorder copy in the drawer (mine) but I didn't check to see if they had any on the shelf. I'd grab this ASAP before it sells out and the secondary market price skyrockets.

[quote name='proKoyeon']The very first copies came with a cardboard case, artbook, and soundtrack. Then the soundtrack stopped coming with it, but it still had the cardboard case and artbook. Then it was just the game only - no cardboard case/artbook/soundtrack.

The soundtrack was not inside of the box, it was loose in a sleeve within the shrink wrap.[/QUOTE]

IIRC my GameStop had the OST discs separate and you had to ask for them.

[quote name='SephirothWF']Was there supposed to be any bonuses with the game? Music CD maybe?[/QUOTE]
It does have a reversible cover, if you consider that a bonus. Otherwise, just the disc and instruction booklet.

[quote name='Blank Earth']I'm from a small market so it may not mean much, but for whatever it's worth, my GameStop said they only got enough to cover pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it at local game chains in my area. So it is more wide spread for sure.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I've seen it at local game chains in my area. So it is more wide spread for sure.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed a sealed copy on impulse from Gamestop yesterday when buying Dark Arisen. Pretty sure they had at least a few more sitting in the stack.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I grabbed my preorder at GS today. There was only 1 preorder copy in the drawer (mine) but I didn't check to see if they had any on the shelf. I'd grab this ASAP before it sells out and the secondary market price skyrockets.[/QUOTE]

I got a sealed copy of Xenoblade Chronicles at the end of November from gamestop.com, so I personally think there is some time to pick up Pandoras Tower (as it's not a gamestop exclusive). Amazon still has over a thousand copies so I'll wait a while to see if any specific deal or general videogame promotion materializes somewhere.

[quote name='bruceg']I got a sealed copy of Xenoblade Chronicles at the end of November from gamestop.com, so I personally think there is some time to pick up Pandoras Tower (as it's not a gamestop exclusive). Amazon still has over a thousand copies so I'll wait a while to see if any specific deal or general videogame promotion materializes somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Yea, there's not a panic on this one at all. Xenoblade was Nintendo doing a super small run. Last Story can be found anywhere. It's still on Amazon for $30. http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Story-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B007CSF3GO

bread's done
Back