The Pandora's Tower Preorder Thread

just got mine today via Amazon (love prime). The game is NOT on a eco which I love (hate those damn cases) and comes with a reversible art cover and COLOR printed manual which is a rare sight these days. Kinda bummed out that the manual didn't have like a mini art-book section in it as I thought I read an article stating that Xseed was going to do something special for this release. Guess I'm still happy we even got it but damn the things I would do for a collector's version of it.

All in all, i'm happy =).

will check if any stores by me got it in.

good to hear about regular case. Xenoblade was eco iirc. I would think The Last Story was regular as it was also published by XSEED.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Hopefully people learned from Xenoblade and buy this while they can. The last game on a dead console could get tough to find.[/QUOTE]

Except that Xenoblade is universally considered as one of the best games on the Wii whereas Pandora's Tower is "good" at best. Also, Xenoblade saw a pretty limited release (GS and Nintendo online store only) but PT should be available at least a few stores.

The GameStop I went to buy mine only got in 4 copies today!!! After I bought mine, there was only 2 left.

Got a "Used- Like New" copy off of Amazon's Warehouse deals this afternoon... Don't know how they got used copies so quickly buuuut... =D. Looks like they are all sold out now, had 2 good and 1 acceptable when I checked out.

[quote name='Vinny']Except that Xenoblade is universally considered as one of the best games on the Wii whereas Pandora's Tower is "good" at best. Also, Xenoblade saw a pretty limited release (GS and Nintendo online store only) but PT should be available at least a few stores.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that this game, should I dare say it and I really hate doing it but.... be rare. I checked numerous sites to see where it was being sold at and only a handful of online retailers are offering it, I think Gamestop is the only B&M store selling the game. This game is pretty much at the EOL cycle of the system, who knows how many xseed actually produced.

Amazon seems to have it at MSRP and there appears to be plenty in stock. I wish that we got the same treatment as the UK PAL version with their special edition with steel case and art book.

[quote name='skiizim']I have a feeling that this game, should I dare say it and I really hate doing it but.... be rare. I checked numerous sites to see where it was being sold at and only a handful of online retailers are offering it, I think Gamestop is the only B&M store selling the game. This game is pretty much at the EOL cycle of the system, who knows how many xseed actually produced.[/QUOTE]

Unlike Nintendo, Xseed reprints their games if sold out. Sure you can't find Last Story with the extras anymore, but you certainly can find new copies for $30. Xenoblade was sold only at gamestop (or Nintendo directly). Xenoblade is also recognized as the better game.

[quote name='skiizim']I understand all that but that is why I mentioned the Wii being at end of it's life.[/QUOTE]

I think you may be right on this one. Xenoblade is probably going to skyrocket in price as well in a few years I foresee as well.

Guy at my Gamestop said they only had 5 in and one of them was a non pre-order. He said this one is looking to be as rare as Xenoblade. Stores aren't getting a lot in.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Guy at my Gamestop said they only had 5 in and one of them was a non pre-order. He said this one is looking to be as rare as Xenoblade. Stores aren't getting a lot in.[/QUOTE]

i really doubt that. The reason Xenoblade became so rare is because there was only one store was selling it, gamestop.

I'm going to pick up a copy tomorrow along with The last story.

[quote name='E_Man']The GameStop I went to buy mine only got in 4 copies today!!! After I bought mine, there was only 2 left.[/QUOTE]

Mine only had one, which I promptly purchased. One as in, one copy. There were no pre-orders. Guess I got lucky but honestly knowing where I live I doubt anyone else was interested anyways.

I doubt it too, but I bet they made a lot more of Xeno because it was in demand. Even though Gamestop was the only store, maybe the total copies shipped out was the same or less.

Who knows?

[quote name='MykonosFan']Mine only had one, which I promptly purchased. One as in, one copy. There were no pre-orders. Guess I got lucky but honestly knowing where I live I doubt anyone else was interested anyways.[/QUOTE]

Same story here, which is why I jumped on it.

I canceled my Amazon preorder since I won't even have a chance to play it for a month at least and figured it would probably drop by then. If it becomes rare or OoS by the. I'm gonna kick myself :(

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']I canceled my Amazon preorder since I won't even have a chance to play it for a month at least and figured it would probably drop by then. If it becomes rare or OoS by the. I'm gonna kick myself :([/QUOTE]

That's part of life, guy. But there's always eShop/VC.

[quote name='Nintendonly']That's part of life, guy. But there's always eShop/VC.[/QUOTE]

If it goes oop and you can't find it at a reasonable price then the nintengods will look the other way while you swim with dolphins

[quote name='Deader2818']So, does this come with any special first run stuff like Last Story or can I snag it used and not worry about it?[/QUOTE]

It's just the game and manual...nothing else in the case, no Nintendo Club or codes.

I went to pick-up my copy at GS. I asked the guy, if they had any copy of PT. The guy didn't know what i was talking about. He took my copy out from the back. I asked him, how many copies they had in the back. He said, the box is still full, my copy was the first copy being sold; Since,Tuesday release of PT. I kind of felt sad, that there are no JRPG fans where i live.

which GS is it? I am downtown/hollywood. Have a copy from amazon coming today but am thinking about going to a store to pick one up also (sealed one).

[quote name='wasabi5858']which GS is it? I am downtown/hollywood. Have a copy from amazon coming today but am thinking about going to a store to pick one up also (sealed one).[/QUOTE]

This one -

Gage Village
1401 E Gage Ave
Ste B
Los Angeles, CA 90001
(323) 588-1578

But its pretty far from where you live. I don't know if you want to make the trip all the way down here to South LA.

thanks, it's actually not too far, I work around the civic center area so its just a quick trip down alameda but ya... usually don't go down to that part of town .

Well got my copy yesterday. I preidered it at my backup store. I was the only preorder and they said they only have a few more copies. They had the xenoblade case out and I nearly shat myself but it was just a promotional case :(

Picked up my copy today. Now I'm just missing Last Story from the trio but I don't feel very pressed to pick it up immediately with how readily available it is.. It doesn't help that it was the one I was least interested in playing either.

Same, doubt I'll pick up a copy of Last Story till later this year since my backlog is so terrible.

My copy came in the mail today from Amazon. Will probably end up playing Xenoblade again before I touch this or The Last Story though.

my copy from amazon arrived. went to a gamestop and they told me they only received 1 copy because only 1 person preordered but that they will be receiving 4 copies shortly.

I preordered on Amazon. Its status is "Shipping Now", but it hasn't actually shipped yet. It's been that way since Tuesday... I guess Amazon has a pretty loose definition of the word "now."

You mean shipping soon? I've never heard of shipping now. That doesn't even make sense.

Anyway, Amazon has done that to me a lot lately. They have been taking way longer to ship items than they usually do. It used to be up to 24 hours from release date for me. Now my items ship like 3 days after release.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']You mean shipping soon? I've never heard of shipping now. That doesn't even make sense.

Anyway, Amazon has done that to me a lot lately. They have been taking way longer to ship items than they usually do. It used to be up to 24 hours from release date for me. Now my items ship like 3 days after release.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd never seen it before either. It says "Shipping Now" with this description:

"We've started preparing your shipment for delivery and it should leave our facility in the next few hours to a few days. We'll send you an e-mail once your order has shipped. The length of time your shipment spends in this status does not impact your delivery date"

[quote name='Nintendonly']Did anyone notice the cheap paper the boxart is printed on?[/QUOTE]

Didn't seem that bad to me but I rarely buy Wii games so I am not sure what to expect in quality. The booklet within it smelled awful though x_x never had a instruction booklet from a game that smelled that bad.

[quote name='Torik_Shai']Yeah, I'd never seen it before either. It says "Shipping Now" with this description:

"We've started preparing your shipment for delivery and it should leave our facility in the next few hours to a few days. We'll send you an e-mail once your order has shipped. The length of time your shipment spends in this status does not impact your delivery date"[/QUOTE]

Same situation here. It's been in that status since Tuesday. Also the first time I had ever seen it say "Shipping Now".

[quote name='bojay1997']Same situation here. It's been in that status since Tuesday. Also the first time I had ever seen it say "Shipping Now".[/QUOTE]

Do you have prime? When is the delivery estimate? When I didn't continue my service with Amazon I saw how lame they are with FSS, they sometimes wait for the delivery estimate to near before they even ship.

[quote name='Sion']Didn't seem that bad to me but I rarely buy Wii games so I am not sure what to expect in quality. The booklet within it smelled awful though x_x never had a instruction booklet from a game that smelled that bad.[/QUOTE]

cant say i go around smelling booklets....

[quote name='Sion']Didn't seem that bad to me but I rarely buy Wii games so I am not sure what to expect in quality. The booklet within it smelled awful though x_x never had a instruction booklet from a game that smelled that bad.[/QUOTE]

Hmm it didn't seem off to me but i didn't look at it that thoroguhly

Quick question: does this have the JP voices in it or just the UK ones? I havent opened my copy yet

[quote name='kayne2000']cant say i go around smelling booklets....[/QUOTE]

really? You dont give games a good wiff when you open them? Man i love that new game smell

[quote name='Kenshindono']
really? You dont give games a good wiff when you open them? Man i love that new game smell[/QUOTE]

sexpanther1.jpg

It stings the nostrils

Perhaps it was quite freshly printed, and you can smell all the inks? I've smelled strong artbooks before due to the inking.

As for the cover, I don't really see what that matters too much? For a small company, why not use thinner paper? Even for my copy of their Fragile Dreams, it's a double-sided image on thin paper. Perhaps using thinner paper justifies the cost of ink on the other side?

[quote name='DemonsMaster']
sexpanther1.jpg

It stings the nostrils[/QUOTE]

what is this....

[quote name='Sion']XD lol no its an overpowering smell all I did was look through it and I could smell it.[/QUOTE]

its ok to admit you have a fetish

[quote name='Kenshindono']Hmm it didn't seem off to me but i didn't look at it that thoroguhly

Quick question: does this have the JP voices in it or just the UK ones? I havent opened my copy yet

really? You dont give games a good wiff when you open them? Man i love that new game smell[/QUOTE]

to be fair my sense of smell is half dead. that said i havent ever thought of sniffing newly opened games.

I gotta say, smelling a new game is half of the allure, if you will. Anyone who wastes that olfactory experience is, well... wasting it?

bread's done
Back