The Pandora's Tower Preorder Thread

[quote name='Jaysonguy']They wont, three mediocre RPG's with each one being worse than the last one will not skyrocket in price.[/QUOTE]

They are pretty good RPGs. Some of the best this gen. Maybe two of the top 5 this gen in Xenoblade and The Last Story.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']They are pretty good RPGs. Some of the best this gen. Maybe two of the top 5 this gen in Xenoblade and The Last Story.[/QUOTE]

I doubt most RPG fans would put TLS in the top 5 of this generation.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Because August already mentioned that he's getting that game day 1 regardless.

What's so freaking hard about understanding that games like Gears of War, BioShock, etc. get complete editions/game of the year editions 6 months to a year after they are released, and can be found for $20? Are people so dense on this board as to not realize this?

Simply put, only a fool buys those types of games at $60.[/QUOTE]

No GotY edition for Gears 3, any Assassin's Creed game (at retail,) Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2/3, Alan Wake, etc. Bioshock didn't get one until 3 years after Bioshock 2
& 5.5 years after Bioshock 1.

GotY editions aren't a guarantee, especially if its an EA or Ubisoft title.

Pre-ordered on Amazon! It showed up in my goldbox! I wish Target would carry this game though cause I can get 14.5% off there.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No GotY edition for Gears 3, any Assassin's Creed game (at retail,) Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2/3, Alan Wake, etc. Bioshock didn't get one until 3 years after Bioshock 2
& 5.5 years after Bioshock 1.

GotY editions aren't a guarantee, especially if its an EA or Ubisoft title.[/QUOTE]

i agree with you. Not all games get GOTY. Also, why is the other poster calling people fools? Why does he care if people purchase at $60+? Sure some limited editions isnt rare, but some are pretty cool. (skyrim, assassin creed, etc.)

Looks like its been delayed. I got this today from Amazon.

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed. The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Pandora's Tower"
Estimated arrival date: April 18, 2013

We will make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account at no additional cost.

If you would like to learn more about pre-ordering video games from Amazon.com, including when you can expect to receive your new video game, please visit our help page.

[quote name='The Punisher']i agree with you. Not all games get GOTY. Also, why is the other poster calling people fools? Why does he care if people purchase at $60+? Sure some limited editions isnt rare, but some are pretty cool. (skyrim, assassin creed, etc.)[/QUOTE]

I saw people claiming they were waiting on GOTY for Darksiders 2. That was pretty funny.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']No bonuses for this at all? No special box like TLS, or Artbook like Xenoblade. Blah.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking too. And without the whole "You can only buy this at Gamestop" bullshit that Xenoblade had, this game is going to depreciate and I'd bet we'll be able to pick it up for 20 late this year.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']No bonuses for this at all? No special box like TLS, or Artbook like Xenoblade. Blah.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised by this too. It's pretty rare for Xseed to release a game without any bonuses or special edition.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm surprised by this too. It's pretty rare for Xseed to release a game without any bonuses or special edition.[/QUOTE]

Xseed had already stated a couple days after announcing localization that they weren't going to include any bonuses so it shouldn't be a surprise. It's likely because they're unsure how well it's going to sell at this point so their costs for it down.

No bonuses is fine. I'm just thankful it's coming out in North America. Would love it if they could do Fatal Frame 2 as well.

[quote name='Celsius']No bonuses is fine. I'm just thankful it's coming out in North America. Would love it if they could do Fatal Frame 2 as well.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Crimson Butterfly scared the pants off me way back when. I'm sure the remake would do the same.

[quote name='E_Man']Anyone know why Best Buy doesn't have this game in stores?[/QUOTE]

Xseed said today was shipping day, so it may not be in stores everywhere today.

[quote name='pummy84']Xseed said today was shipping day, so it may not be in stores everywhere today.[/QUOTE]

That would explain why I had to go to GS twice this morning since they didn't have it when they first opened.

[quote name='E_Man']Anyone know why Best Buy doesn't have this game in stores?[/QUOTE]

It's not even in the inventory system at Best Buy. Had a friend check. So they probably won't be carrying it.

I'm glad I saw this thread today because I was sorta mad about Gamestop not having it today... but if its a shipping issue there's little they can do.

Still, one of these days I want to go to a midnight release for some big name bro game and pick up my anime collector editions and talk smack.

anyone think it will be rare? it's the only reason i pre-ordered it...:lol: I screwed up by not getting Xenoblades lol that's why I'm asking

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']anyone think it will be rare? it's the only reason i pre-ordered it...:lol: I screwed up by not getting Xenoblades lol that's why I'm asking[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. "The Last Story" is in ample supply and this is being published by the same company.

All the gameplay I have seen just oozes Zelda. I can't wait for my copy to arrive. I think there are still a couple multi-plat games that are coming out for the wii, but in terms of its last exclusive I think it could do a lot worse. The last exclusive for the GameCube, iirc, was some random pony game.

Went to pick up my copy today and the Gamestop had it but they wouldn't let me pick it up >_>...they said they were not allow to hand over the copy till tomorrow because they told me that was the release date, lol wtf....showed them all the sites that said it released today also. They just said come back tomorrow and you can pick it up >

Picked up My copy today at Gamestop. I called about noon or so and they had in about 3 extra copies. I also picked up Soul Hackers on the 3DS. Glad to see this wasn't a hassle like xenoblade was to get a hold of in my area.

[quote name='Sion']Went to pick up my copy today and the Gamestop had it but they wouldn't let me pick it up >_>...they said they were not allow to hand over the copy till tomorrow because they told me that was the release date, lol wtf....showed them all the sites that said it released today also. They just said come back tomorrow and you can pick it up >

[quote name='Masterkyo']Hope Target carry this game with BUY 1 Get 1 50% off deal ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they're not going to be carrying it at all. It's a niche title on a dead console and it's not on their website at all.

I went into GameStop today and I was told that they should have it tomorrow. They're getting two to fill pre-orders. If you want it, you're probably going to be paying MSRP. I'm still kicking myself for not buying Xenoblade Chronicles at MSRP.

...Although, it is being distributed by xseed so who knows. They might reprint it if necessary.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Should have called first and asked if you could actually buy it.[/QUOTE]

Would have if I knew there was problems earlier with it being shipped out so late. But I hadn't read anything about it at till after I left. Had classes from 8 to 12 PM so had to drive across from campus to where I preordered which was an hour long drive. They had it already in stock but the date to sell was misprinted or something because they just kept on telling me I had to wait till tomorrow. Wish they had sent out phone calls on this or email lol, not too angry about not being able to play it today but wish I did not have to waste gas going out of my way. I'm just wondering if they were telling me a lie that they had gotten it in stores already and were not allowed to sell or not after finding out about all this.

Picking the game up tomorrow along with Soul Hackers at my local store. Kicked myself as well for not buying Xenoblade and Last Story at launch.

[quote name='plasmabeam']Why is the 15FREE code not working at Gamestop.com? Last time I used it, it said it expired 4/23...[/QUOTE]

I thought it was suppose to expire at the beginning of the month x_x

[quote name='Sion']I thought it was suppose to expire at the beginning of the month x_x[/QUOTE]

It was functioning last week. Plus, I clearly remember seeing 4/23 as the expiration date. Please tell me they changed the code name or something. I'd love PT at $34.

I got an email this morning saying it shipped. It arrived in my mailbox this afternoon. Wow.

Also...it's not in an Eco case! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Booj']I'm glad I saw this thread today because I was sorta mad about Gamestop not having it today... but if its a shipping issue there's little they can do.

Still, one of these days I want to go to a midnight release for some big name bro game and pick up my anime collector editions and talk smack.[/QUOTE]

And that will make you so cool

[quote name='E_Man']Now can we go and buy this game at GameStop!?[/QUOTE]
Just call the store you preordered from if you did preorder if not call the store to see if they have any copies cause the store I ordered from acted like they had only ordered a single copy for me and there were none on the shelves when I went in to pick up today.

[quote name='plasmabeam']Does anyone know anything about why 15FREE is no longer working? This is killing me. I can't let myself pay... MSRP.[/QUOTE]

People were abusing a glitch which allowed preordering games and ordering hardware for the same discount. In addition, it was set to expire on the 1st and was extended to the 9th, but kept working for several days after that. It's now dead, so you can either pay MSRP or wait until another deal comes along.

[quote name='plasmabeam']Does anyone know anything about why 15FREE is no longer working? This is killing me. I can't let myself pay... MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Expired on the 1st I believe

bread's done
Back