The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

[quote name='keithp']Read it again. The director's cut of the original game is included.[/quote]

The email quote in the OP says nothing about a director's cut being included. Obviously looking elsewhere it has been confirmed that you get both games, but nowhere in the email posted does it say you do, which is all I was going on.

Awesome deal/news story. It looks like my copy of Persona 3 will remain sealed into infinity but I'm happy that something like this is coming out in the US. It sucks that neat things like this always have to wait until the end of a console generation to come out (Castlevania Chronicle comes to mind as well).

[quote name='Halo05']Awesome deal/news story. It looks like my copy of Persona 3 will remain sealed into infinity but I'm happy that something like this is coming out in the US. It sucks that neat things like this always have to wait until the end of a console generation to come out (Castlevania Chronicle comes to mind as well).[/QUOTE]

Totally ditto.

Perfect time to get a PS2

awesome, i'd get it. i was gonna get persona 3 when gamestop had that 25% off used PS2 games, but still haven't had time to finish other SMT games (DDS2 and Devil Summoner).

$29.99 is cheap...guess it's good thing to be behind in a few RPGs for once.

Wow, and to think I had my friend get me a copy used from Gamestop. I still haven't paid for it either, so I didn't actually get it from him yet. Hmm, I guess I'll be among the flooders on eBay since I won't be attached enough to keep it. :) Those extras for that price...what a deal! (Wonder what's the lowest price this game will go for now that FES has been announced...)

Looking forward to this popping up elsewhere besides Gamestop for pre-order. I don't preorder often, much less on the first day it's announced, so the standard is unknown to me. I've been saving up gift cards for this game on Bestbuy, only to be saddened when it was out of stock, so I'll gladly get rid of them for FES! 8D

[quote name='oremites']I'm too lazy to search around for ... that, so can someone tell us what ... that ... is?[/quote]

I'm guessing they are referring to a particular Persona. It goes by the name of Mara, IIRC. It's rather... phallic... in nature.

[quote name='Ronin317']I may be wrong, but it doesn't seem that Atlus gives a fuck about your secondary collectibles market. It appears that they actually cater to gamers that play their games and enjoy them, who would benefit from the release of the expansion pack, or those that have been unable to find the original, due to hoarding.[/quote]

It would be nice if they would have re-released some of the other SMT titles, which people pay insane prices for on eBay, like DDS1 and Nocturne. And sadly enough, this probably won't hurt the hoarders that much, because a sealed copy of the original will still fetch a lot from collectors, the same way that sealed black-label games do.

cool. now they just need to re release nocturne and dds1

edit heh i didnt read that persona directly above me said the exact same thing(about nocturne and dds1)

Anybody's EB or GS taking POs? I stopped by earlier today to ask if they were taking preorders for FES and they were completely lost.

Man, for all you whiners complaining about this thread not being a deal, just bugger off already. It may just be the MSRP, but it's still $30 for a game (plus extras) that normally costs what, $70+? I'd call that a fuckin' deal. If you don't like it, then don't post in the thread.

[quote name='Camwi']Man, for all you whiners complaining about this thread not being a deal, just bugger off already. It may just be the MSRP, but it's still $30 for a game (plus extras) that normally costs what, $70+? I'd call that a fuckin' deal. If you don't like it, then don't post in the thread.[/quote]

By definition if the MSRP is $30 then it normally doesnt cost $70. Not blaming the OP at all. But the thread doesnt belong here as its not a specific deal.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Huh? He's talking about Persona 3. You're going to pay $70+ to get a sealed copy on eBay. The MSRP of $30 is for FES.[/quote]

You both don't get the point. It doesnt matter how much persona 3 is, it doesnt matter how much Nocturne or any other game is.

FES is $30 MSRP, hence FES being sold for $30 isn't a deal and doesnt belong on a forum for posting SPECIFIC DEALS as stated in caps on the forum.

In a way, it is a deal. No one has to overpay for Persona 3 now, just to play it. Also, it's not the end of the world that it was posted here. You clearly saw the title. You didn't have to even click on it. No need to play internet police.

8. Can I continue my game of Persona 3 in Persona 3 FES?

Not really. The Journey section of P3 FES is meant to be played from the start so that you can experience all the new content. If you're in the middle of October in Persona 3, you cannot load that save into Persona 3 FES and pick up in the middle of October in The Journey; you must start a new game at level 1. However, you will be able to load some things from your Persona 3 save into FES. These are:

-Your Academics, Charm, and Courage rankings
-Your discovered Fusion Spells list
-Any key items you possess that unlock Persona fusions
-Your Persona compendium (However, the Personas in your compendium will be reset to their base level, stats, and skills)
at least we dont have to start over completely :T

[quote name='Brian9824']You both don't get the point. It doesnt matter how much persona 3 is, it doesnt matter how much Nocturne or any other game is.

FES is $30 MSRP, hence FES being sold for $30 isn't a deal and doesnt belong on a forum for posting SPECIFIC DEALS as stated in caps on the forum.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think YOU get the point. It's basically the same game but WAY cheaper. If a CAGer comes onto this board looking for a deal on Persona 3, sees this thread, and decides to NOT buy the game on Ebay for inflated prices, but rather SAVE MONEY by buying FES, I'd call that a deal.

Same game, less money. In the end, people are saving money. Isn't that the friggin' point of this website?

omg, will be adding this, odin sphere, and metal gear solid trilogy to my collection very soon...very excited! *thankful he was able to snag a 60 gig ps3*

[quote name='thelonepig']I'm guessing they are referring to a particular Persona. It goes by the name of Mara, IIRC. It's rather... phallic... in nature.[/QUOTE]

Don't you get to, umm, how to put this..."make the beast with two backs" with the girl you date eventually? So FES may actually show the deed in all it's glory?

I'm not that far in the game so I'm just speculating. Anyone play the FES import? MarkMan?

[quote name='Camwi']No, I don't think YOU get the point. It's basically the same game but WAY cheaper. If a CAGer comes onto this board looking for a deal on Persona 3, sees this thread, and decides to NOT buy the game on Ebay for inflated prices, but rather SAVE MONEY by buying FES, I'd call that a deal.

Same game, less money. In the end, people are saving money. Isn't that the friggin' point of this website?[/quote]

Whatever a moderator will move this thread out since it is not a SPECIFIC deal. Its standard price for Persona 3 FES.

^^^ i wont call that a flood, it says "73 items, and a lot of those are cosplay or guide only. and many of the ones up on ebay will never sell, they are all $65 buy now or more

Just bought Persona 3 a couple weeks ago.
My son tore one page in the artbook....

Great to hear the game's value is depreciated now :)

On the other hand, can't wait to play this one...

still have my persona new gutted copy i bought from gamestop, ill see if I can return it still though its been sitting there for like 2 weeks at least

I have two unopened copies. There is no sense in opening my copy now, I'll just get FES. I bought them a couple months ago as well, so it's not like I can return them.

I'm still excited about FES though. They should release it with a soundtrack with the extra songs! :)

Sorry fellas, Brian's right. This is not a specific deal (as in some % off MSRP) so it doesn't belong here. It IS a great bargain for all the gameplay you get for $30 however! :D

The deal of the original game might not go down, and if it does, maybe a bit.
I'm sure people still want the sound track and the art book.
Either way, I'm pre-ordering XD

[quote name='Camwi']No, I don't think YOU get the point. It's basically the same game but WAY cheaper. If a CAGer comes onto this board looking for a deal on Persona 3, sees this thread, and decides to NOT buy the game on Ebay for inflated prices, but rather SAVE MONEY by buying FES, I'd call that a deal.

Same game, less money. In the end, people are saving money. Isn't that the friggin' point of this website?[/QUOTE]

While I understand what you are saying that this will be at a MSRP of $30 and Persona is currently selling for $60+ secondhand this thread is more of an announcement of FES and it's price point than a "deal", so it belongs in the PS2 forum.

[quote name='Antic']Do you think they'll start putting Persona 3 on Clearance, or at least mark it down soon in response to this?[/QUOTE]

Persona 3 is already pretty hard to find right now.

And the guy who bought Persona 3 for $60 on ebay last week says: "NOoooooooo!!"

This is exactly why I sold my copy of FFVII on ebay last year. Sell them while they are worth something as just abuot any game is going to be re-released on a virtual system in one way or another. Example: Rez used to sell for big bucks.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']

This is exactly why I sold my copy of FFVII on ebay last year. Sell them while they are worth something as just abuot any game is going to be re-released on a virtual system in one way or another. Example: Rez used to sell for big bucks.[/QUOTE]

the FFVII port/remake rumors has been going for years. Execpt to see a jump in FFVII's price with the release of core crisis. Also Valkrye Profile on PSOne still worth a bit with the PSP port. Even with reprint, the price went back up after the reprint is sold out.

[quote name='62t']Persona 3 is already pretty hard to find right now.[/quote]

I still know of two places that have them in stock, and I'm pretty sure no one is gonna touch them because they don't know they're there. :) (No, I did not hide them or anything)

Why are you guys giving this OP such a hard time about this thread???

SOME of us don't have time to look through every forum in the CAG universe, and if he hadn't posted it HERE (in the DEALS section), I would have missed this announcement completely!

Consider you're wanting P3 today, and you're about to pay $80 for a copy of the original. This thread is obviously showing you a better DEAL, and therefore sits fine where it is! ;-0

Why are forum people so anal retentive about things that are borderline??? RELAX! :whistle2:D Kick back. Enjoy life and let this slide!

[quote name='ihavenolife123']and the soundtrack? not that awesome?[/quote]

I do like the soundtrack, but you can always download it. I know a few pages back someone had a link to it.

[quote name='Brian9824']Whatever a moderator will move this thread out since it is not a SPECIFIC deal. Its standard price for Persona 3 FES.[/QUOTE]

This is why you're not a moderator, so you should stop pretending to be one. This is an obvious deal, and it's helping people out who missed the announcement. The game is being released at a value price, which would constitute being a deal. For instance when a game drops to 19.99 because it's a greatest hits title, that's MSRP however it ends up in the deal forum because it's a deal. This is the equivalent of a game dropping to GH pricing, and it's adding some content for the trouble. Just because it's not a deal that you would participate in doesn't mean you need to throw a fit over semantics.

[quote name='cokerules']none of em have soundtrack and book. therefore no ones intrested.[/quote]

Not true. One of the copies I have was from K-mart, and it has them.

[quote name='iceblast21']Why are you guys giving this OP such a hard time about this thread???

SOME of us don't have time to look through every forum in the CAG universe, and if he hadn't posted it HERE (in the DEALS section), I would have missed this announcement completely!

Consider you're wanting P3 today, and you're about to pay $80 for a copy of the original. This thread is obviously showing you a better DEAL, and therefore sits fine where it is! ;-0

Why are forum people so anal retentive about things that are borderline??? RELAX! :whistle2:D Kick back. Enjoy life and let this slide![/QUOTE]

I agree too. Alot of CAGers are being so anal to the OP. Nobody complained when another poster posted the Mana Khemia Collector's Edition thread, as it wasn't a deal more like free advertisement to rosenqueen.com to buy something off their website. CAGers are a finicky bunch and thx for the deal. I own the original P3 and will buy P3 + Fes, as I'm sure the original P3's won't plummet as the new version doesn't include artbooks and soundtracks.

bread's done
Back