The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

[quote name='Draekon']The official announcement mentioned that pre-orders shouldn't start until March 1st.[/quote]

I emailed Amazon yesterday, and they answered that I should expect it available for pre-order on, or soon after the 1st.

[quote name='inefficiency device']I emailed Amazon yesterday, and they answered that I should expect it available for pre-order on, or soon after the 1st.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I love how Amazon doesn't charge you for anything in advance before they ship. But one drawback for them is that you never get your games on day 1 or even day 2-4. I usually get them about a week after release even with Prime membership.

[quote name='laaj']Thanks for the info. I love how Amazon doesn't charge you for anything in advance before they ship. But one drawback for them is that you never get your games on day 1 or even day 2-4. I usually get them about a week after release even with Prime membership.[/QUOTE]
Nobody, legally, should charge you for anything in advance before it ships.

[quote name='pete5883']Nobody, legally, should charge you for anything in advance before it ships.[/QUOTE]

Don't you have to deposit some money in advance at gamestop for pre-orders? Even if games arrive a week late from Amazon, I love getting it delivered to my office instead of making time during the day to buy a game (mall parking, crowded, bad service, etc)

Yeah I'm definitely preordering one or two from Amazon, I'd much rather support a business with decent customer service (from my experience).

Also I don't have to waste gas or pay tax.

[quote name='laaj']Don't you have to deposit some money in advance at gamestop for pre-orders? Even if games arrive a week late from Amazon, I love getting it delivered to my office instead of making time during the day to buy a game (mall parking, crowded, bad service, etc)[/quote]

You only have to put money down when you pre-order in-store at GS. I, too, will generally go with Amazon, unless I get one of GS.com's free overnight shipping deals. I will pay a buck or two more for the tax, but I will also get the game the day it is out, delivered to my door.

[quote name='pete5883']Nobody, legally, should charge you for anything in advance before it ships.[/QUOTE]

I wish RosenQueen would listen to this. But oh well, I got my Mana Khemia Limited Edition Scholarship Box Set preordered from them. It was the first place that I have dealt with to ever charge you full price right away for preordering.

[quote name='addicted2games']I wish RosenQueen would listen to this. But oh well, I got my Mana Khemia Limited Edition Scholarship Box Set preordered from them. It was the first place that I have dealt with to ever charge you full price right away for preordering.[/quote]

some lame joke about being 'the item store from hell', etc, etc.

At least it's a legitimate store.

[quote name='crunchewy']I returned my copy of P3 to Sears today. Now just need to wait and see who has best pre-order deal on FES.[/QUOTE]

what if one returns p3 right before the 90 days expire, and rebuy it.
Repeat until game is on clearance.

then buy the game at a minimum.
is that possible?

[quote name='ihavenolife123']what if one returns p3 right before the 90 days expire, and rebuy it.
Repeat until game is on clearance.

then buy the game at a minimum.
is that possible?[/quote]
It's possible. You return and rebuy until it goes on clearance. Finally you return it for the last time and then the employee swipes it and thanks you. Most stores require you to return a clearance item and pick another copy up in order to prevent people from doing just that.

If I'm correct, only a handful of stores have 90 days return period on games. Kmart, Target and Shopko come to mind...but only Kmart in that list ever carried P3.

I think I'm going to wait and see if there are any release week deals on FES. I doubt it'll sell out anywhere, and I'm still plugging away on P3 to play it right away anyhow.

[quote name='eau']It's possible. You return and rebuy until it goes on clearance. Finally you return it for the last time and then the employee swipes it and thanks you. Most stores require you to return a clearance item and pick another copy up in order to prevent people from doing just that.

If I'm correct, only a handful of stores have 90 days return period on games. Kmart, Target and Shopko come to mind...but only Kmart in that list ever carried P3.[/QUOTE]

sounds like a plan, it wont be far from a clearance anyway

[quote name='nmon3447']I still have my persona 3 Sealed... should i just wait for FES or just open this puppy now?[/quote]

do you want to spend 100+ hours on the game now or later?

to be honest i can't wait to open it but in two months i can get the full game with the extras and retain the face value of my LE. I think i've made my decision lol...

[quote name='nmon3447']I still have my persona 3 Sealed... should i just wait for FES or just open this puppy now?[/QUOTE]

Ive been making some observations...quite interesting. refer to the following

********To everyone who has their game sealed, only to flip it on ebay later********

The value for Persona 3 sealed has dropped significantly on ebay over the week (since the announcement on monday).
I would seriously recommend you (and everyone out there with a sealed copy) to return it to the store you bought it from, and just purchase FES in 2 months. The reason for this is because it seems you wont be getting any profit by flipping it on ebay anymore. Once FES comes out, the value will probably drop even further.

Reasoning behind this:
Games that are rare:
Nocturne
DDS
Marvel vs capcom 2
shadow hearts
Disgaea
FFVII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
etc etc

these games are rare because not only are they know to be great games, but they only have one version...the game version

while Persona 3 is arguably a really good game like the ones listed above, it isnt only in one version.

Persona 3 has (will have) two versions
Game + 2 extras = ~$50
Game + expansion = $30

the fact that it has to two versions, the cheapest one being the BEST GAMING EXPERIENCE, value will fluctuate from one version to another.

There are those that want the book and soundtrack.

However:
" I dont care about that, i just want to play the game, oh look, wow. FES has the game and the expansion for CHEAPER, ill go with that instead..."

compare to

"Man, i just got a PS2, i want to play some Disgaea/nocturne. oh fuck, they are so expensive. I certaintly wouldnt pay this much if there was somehow a CHEAPER VERSION for the same experience"

this is why I think that anyone hoping to make cash by selling your P3 will be dissapointed.
Just return it to the store for your $54.xx and get FES

********IF RETURN POLICY EXPIRED IN YOUR STORE**********

If it is sealed, then you can either keep it for REALLY long term...hoping value climbs again (once FES is all gone maybe?)
you can still sell on ebay for about retail price. If you care to.

Open it and play it if you are impatient. enjoy the soundtrack, glance at the book.

however patience is a virtue, you WILL PLAY the same game plus more and cheaper in 2 months.

*******IF YOU OPENED IT**********
you might as well play the game, and enjoy it good, because you are SOL.

some say its 90 hrs.

thats about one hour every day until FES release ;)

you can sell it on ebay open, but you get about $45...

FLAWS:

+++If everyone listens to what i just said, the supply will increase on ebay, dropping demand, and dropping in value.

+++This is a suggestion for those wanting some quick cash. Therefore, it doesnt apply to "true collectors" who enjoy (read: can afford) art books, soundtracks and owning a game twice.

+++If value DOES go up in the collector's edition, that will have SOME impact on FES...I personally predict it will lift the value of FES.

+++I might be completely wrong

good night.

(i want all the games i just listed :p)

PS: just so you know my true intentions:

I bought P3 in sears, twice, last week
$108.xx

Planned to keep sealed until the FES announcement then figure it out.
Atlus dropped the bomb, and i wouldnt need to play P3 yet until two months.

why should I keep two of the $50 versions?
for profit? $5-$10 each?

for the soundtrack? the artbook?

its a game...33% more game @ 40% off initial price in two months!!!!!!

so thats what i will do. Return to sears.
unless something awesome happens

[quote name='ihavenolife123']
Games that are rare:
Nocturne
DDS
Okami
Disgaea
FFVII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
etc etc
s[/QUOTE]

Okami is rare? Amazon has been selling new PS2 copies for weeks. They must have gotten a new shipment.

[quote name='laaj']Okami is rare? Amazon has been selling new PS2 copies for weeks. They must have gotten a new shipment.[/QUOTE]

my mistake.

ill replace it

edit: fix'd

[quote name='keithp']I think I'm going to wait and see if there are any release week deals on FES. I doubt it'll sell out anywhere, and I'm still plugging away on P3 to play it right away anyhow.[/quote]

You are aware that most stores sold thru their shipments of Persona 3 in the first day and never got more?

[quote name='Brian9824']You are aware that most stores sold thru their shipments of Persona 3 in the first day and never got more?[/QUOTE]

i doubt they sold out on "the first day"

[quote name='ihavenolife123']i doubt they sold out on "the first day"[/quote]

Many stores did. Obviously, many did not. My local EB received 3 copies. I was there when they came in stock and all three were sold as soon as they were out of the box.

A sealed P3 limited edition will climb in value on ebay eventually, if not as high as Nocturne or DDS. SMT collectors are an eccentric bunch and things like artbooks and soundtracks and pretty boxes fascinate them. With the release of P3: FES, more people will become fans of the series and then go out and try to get some of the other games. They'll probably start out cheap and get Devil Summoner. Then they'll move on to DDS2. Realizing they missed the first half of the game, they'll plop down the cash for DDS1. After that, they just paid $70 for one game, so they might as well get Nocturne for the same amount. It's the snowball effect. Start it small, then roll it down a snowy mountain.

That said, if you are keeping one to flip on ebay later, you'd be better off investing the money in other areas. Your primary audience will be only the most hardcore fans.

[quote name='thelonepig']Many stores did. Obviously, many did not. My local EB received 3 copies. I was there when they came in stock and all three were sold as soon as they were out of the box.

A sealed P3 limited edition will climb in value on ebay eventually, if not as high as Nocturne or DDS. SMT collectors are an eccentric bunch and things like artbooks and soundtracks and pretty boxes fascinate them. With the release of P3: FES, more people will become fans of the series and then go out and try to get some of the other games. They'll probably start out cheap and get Devil Summoner. Then they'll move on to DDS2. Realizing they missed the first half of the game, they'll plop down the cash for DDS1. After that, they just paid $70 for one game, so they might as well get Nocturne for the same amount. It's the snowball effect. Start it small, then roll it down a snowy mountain.

That said, if you are keeping one to flip on ebay later, you'd be better off investing the money in other areas. Your primary audience will be only the most hardcore fans.[/QUOTE]

right, and this is long LONG term flipping.
What im predicting is P3 plumeting on ebay during the FES outting.

and flippers being stuck

People that want to play the game, versus collectors (9:1 ratio probably) will go for FES instead

The artbook + CD alone sans the game will probably still fetch a hefty price in the long run when people who buy FES start to realize those are collector's items and if they have the penchant to want to obtain them.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Are Persona 3 saves going to be compatible with FES? Otherwise I'm not going to even bother playing it anymore.[/quote]

Beaten to the punch, but let me just quote from Atlus' FAQ in case the question comes up again:

8. Can I continue my game of Persona 3 in Persona 3 FES?

Not really. The Journey section of P3 FES is meant to be played from the start so that you can experience all the new content. If you're in the middle of October in Persona 3, you cannot load that save into Persona 3 FES and pick up in the middle of October in The Journey; you must start a new game at level 1. However, you will be able to load some things from your Persona 3 save into FES. These are:

-Your Academics, Charm, and Courage rankings
-Your discovered Fusion Spells list
-Any key items you possess that unlock Persona fusions
-Your Persona compendium (However, the Personas in your compendium will be reset to their base level, stats, and skills)

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']OK, why is Amazon hiding FES from me?[/quote]

I read somewhere that most places should be up on or around the 1st of March. Some places may end up getting them out sooner.

Plus earlier in the thread someone asked Amazon when and they had replied on the 1st or sometime shortly thereafter.

[quote name='Brian9824']You are aware that most stores sold thru their shipments of Persona 3 in the first day and never got more?[/QUOTE]

I was not aware, mainly because I didn't get P3 immediately when it was released and I don't recall having any problems finding it. We'll see what happens-I may end up preordering somewhere.

MANY stores sold out first day. I know I had to call 4 gamestops to even find the guide on day 1 of the release because i couldnt pick up the game till after work.

[quote name='Brian9824']MANY stores sold out first day. I know I had to call 4 gamestops to even find the guide on day 1 of the release because i couldnt pick up the game till after work.[/QUOTE]

I take it many stores your are referring to are brick and mortar?

[quote name='moo']I want to preorder FES through Amazon but it's not listed yet.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-T...4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1204357762&sr=8-14

It's up folks. Prepare to pre-order 100+ copies... j/k.

Personally I wouldn't pre-order more then 1, since reprints of games to seem to be common as of late. But you never know since this is Atlus we are talking about.

I just wish I bought the extra copies of Suikoden 2 when I had the chance a few years ago.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-T...4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1204357762&sr=8-14

It's up folks. Prepare to pre-order 100+ copies... j/k.

Personally I wouldn't pre-order more then 1, since reprints of games to seem to be common as of late. But you never know since this is Atlus we are talking about.

I just wish I bought the extra copies of Suikoden 2 when I had the chance a few years ago.[/quote]

thanks for posting it,I pre-ordered my copy.Had a $50 GC so it'll be nothing out of pocket.

Why in the world did they list it in the middle of the second page? It should be grouped with the other Persona games in the list.

Thanks for posting it. I got mine with a $35 GC. Now I'm wondering if I should bother upgrading to standard shipping lol.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']lol? whats up with everyone getting 2 copies?[/QUOTE]

Most likely one to keep and one to flip on Ebay later.

If the hoarders keep doing this, will we all be able to get our game? Atlus doesn't print a lot of copies so I worry the store might run out and not be able to fulfill preorders.

[quote name='moo']Most likely one to keep and one to flip on Ebay later.

If the hoarders keep doing this, will we all be able to get our game? Atlus doesn't print a lot of copies so I worry the store might run out and not be able to fulfill preorders.[/QUOTE]

Actually the opposite. Atlus will ship more copies if the preorder number is high.

bread's done
Back