The return of J Bauer OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, both CaseyRyback and Trakan won something in the Child's Play raffle?

Maybe LinkinPrime was right all along.

122548-appleinvite_500.jpg

:bouncy:

[quote name='Rocko']Whoa, both CaseyRyback and Trakan won something in the Child's Play raffle?

Maybe LinkinPrime was right all along.[/QUOTE]

Never. Right about what?

I gave mine away anyways.

So when does Oblivion become fun? I entered into the first gate, kill a few of those things, then die trying to fight another.

Aren't you the same retard who shit on people for wanting to put OSX on their netbooks only to ask us for help months later? fuck off.

---

Nope, seanR.

I haven't seen anything that looks that appealing on sale since the holiday sales ended.

[quote name='munch']So when does Oblivion become fun? I entered into the first gate, kill a few of those things, then die trying to fight another.[/QUOTE]

These were my exact feelings about Morrowind.

I'd buy Chinatown wars if I didn't have a dsi. speaking of the dsi, dark void zero is fun. not sure what else to spend my points on though.

[quote name='st0neface']These were my exact feelings about Morrowind.[/QUOTE]

I mean, seriously. I must be doing something wrong. I just don't understand how this can be fun. I really want to like this game.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Aren't you the same retard who shit on people for wanting to put OSX on their netbooks only to ask us for help months later? fuck off.

---

Nope, seanR.

I haven't seen anything that looks that appealing on sale since the holiday sales ended.[/QUOTE]
Yep that was me, and i'm not shitting on Apple's software, rather the rest of the overpriced shit they sell. Apple is scared of separating their software from their hardware because they know they'd lose hardware sales.

But it's ok, the icult must go on.

It's not fun because the combat stinks and there is no sense of direction whatsoever, at least so far. :whistle2:| I openly admit that I stink, but I don't think that's the problem for me.

[quote name='munch']It's not fun because the combat stinks and there is no sense of direction whatsoever, at least so far. :whistle2:| I openly admit that I stink, but I don't think that's the problem for me.[/QUOTE]

Just follow the arrow of the current quest, mang.

[quote name='zewone']I'm going to have a hard time saying no to that tablet... as long as it's less than $1000.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I didn't get an e-reader for Christmas.

[quote name='munch']It's not fun because the combat stinks and there is no sense of direction whatsoever, at least so far. :whistle2:| I openly admit that I stink, but I don't think that's the problem for me.[/QUOTE]

What approach are you taking to combat?
Having magic skills was key to my enjoyment of that game. My dude could also use a sword well, but I only used that when I had to -- most of the time, I was summoning mother fuckers left and right and letting them do the fighting while I threw fireballs or some shit. :D

I loved it back in the day, probably spent 100 hours on it and barely touched the main story. The combat was awful, but I just made a god tier sword and glitched a zillion soulstones to power it to make up for that. The lack of direction was my favorite part of the game. I got to go through it, and pretty well write my own story for my character. I'm not sure I could enjoy it like did back in the day now that I've played through Fallout 3 though.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What approach are you taking to combat?
Having magic skills was key to my enjoyment of that game. My dude could also use a sword well, but I only used that when I had to -- most of the time, I was summoning mother fuckers left and right and letting them do the fighting while I threw fireballs or some shit. :D[/QUOTE]

*highfive* My main character is a summoner as well.

[quote name='munch']So when does Oblivion become fun? I entered into the first gate, kill a few of those things, then die trying to fight another.[/QUOTE]

Helpful Hint: Don't do the main story line quests until you are a pretty high level.

The main quest is seriously one of worse quests in the game. It is in the side quests where the game shines. Walk around, explore some villages and some quests will start coming to you.

[quote name='st0neface']These were my exact feelings about Morrowind.[/QUOTE]

Oblivion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Morrowind. At least in Oblivion you can hit stuff. In Morrowind you can't even hit worms early on in the game.

The combat is awesome, you just have to get in it's groove. Also you have to just enjoy wondering around in the game's world, I know I enjoy it.

[quote name='zewone']I played stealth. One shot scott kills with a bow and arrow was the money maker.[/QUOTE]

This. Makes the game more challenging and fun.

I'd like to know the same thing, i want install Win7 on mine, but i need more memory first. fuck paying about $50 for a 2gb stick.

My stat teacher is a nice lady and the class seems really easy, but it's pretty lame. She passes out a copy of the notes we are going over and then just reads the same thing she just handed us.

Howdy all. Does anyone have a recommendation for a fairly inexpensive set of ear buds?

[quote name='Number83'][/QUOTE]

Just did my pre-order on Amazon w/ $10 credit from a previous purchase. And you've been burning the midnight oil lately eh? For something productive or because you're playing world of warcrack?

[quote name='JolietJake']Why do you buy games when they come out and wait to play them 3 years later?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Number83'][/QUOTE]

JolietJake pretty much sums it up, but why drop $60+ now when you can get it in 6-12 months for at least half that? And if you wait the standard #83 time period before opening, you could even get the platinum hits version for $20 with all the DLC... :roll:

--

When the hell did ME2 get a cheesy subtitle?

[quote name='Mojimbo']Aren't you the same retard who shit on people for wanting to put OSX on their netbooks only to ask us for help months later? fuck off.
[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='zewone']I'm going to have a hard time saying no to that tablet... as long as it's less than $1000.[/QUOTE]

I'd say the same, but it's a new machine for Apple so there will be growing pains. Remember the 2 years it took for A2DP in the iPhone?

And if Jobs expects people to pay for a tablet 'yearly refresh' like he does with iPods/Phones he can let the cancer kill him.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']What happened to all those cheap 2GB DDR2 SODIMMs for Netbooks?[/QUOTE]

http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2010/01/pc-prices-may-rise-reversing-six-year-trend.ars
The DRAM industry is in the midst of moving from DDR2 to DDR3, which means less of each type of RAM is being produced. DDR3 spot prices are up 23 percent over the last month

[quote name='corrosivefrost']JolietJake pretty much sums it up, but why drop $60+ now when you can get it in 6-12 months for at least half that? And if you wait the standard #83 time period before opening, you could even get the platinum hits version for $20 with all the DLC... :roll:
[/QUOTE]

Yep. Just about every game I pay full/slight sale retail for I play immediately and beat them(fuck you Ratchet Crack in Time :bomb:)

Plus it's much easier to ignore games when you've paid $20 or less.

:oops:

[quote name='Eviltude']My stat teacher is a nice lady and the class seems really easy, but it's pretty lame. She passes out a copy of the notes we are going over and then just reads the same thing she just handed us.[/QUOTE]
My stats teacher did the same thing, but from powerpoint slides. Sometimes the website with the slides wouldn't work and we'd just cancel class basically. He never thought to download the slides and run them from a flash drive or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back