The "Road to Wrestlemania XXX" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ziggler needs to go back to NXT and learn how to protect himself.

tumblr_mz0k8fUbif1srbyoyo1_400.gif

Ambrose looks like a kid on Christmas Day opening his present.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody brought up an excellent point on the WWE Youtube page about Jake showing up on RAW. Why do they do shows like that in areas that wouldn't appreciate the cameos? I swear they would debut Sting on a RAW in the middle of Iowa instead of Atlanta.

Maybe they can pipe in some crowd noise.  Baltimore sucked and should be relegated to B House Shows.  Same crowd that tried to chant Husky Harris during the Wyatt's debut last year.  

Monday’s “Old School” edition of WWE Raw scored a 3.23 cable TV rating, which is up nine percent from the previous week. This episode was Raw’s highest rating since August.

As noted earlier, the show averaged 4.537 million viewers, up from the previous week’s 4.128 million viewers. The episode averaged 4.723 million viewers in the first hour, 4.427 million viewers in the second hour and 4.463 million viewers in the final hour.

so what is this big anouncment tomorrow night? styles going to wwe? vince stepping out of wwe for good?
Legit lol-ing at the idea they'd fly in Austin, Cena, HHH, Vince, et al and hold a hugely hyped press conference in Vegas just to announce that AJ Styles had signed with WWE.

Legit lol-ing at the idea they'd fly in Austin, Cena, HHH, Vince, et al and hold a hugely hyped press conference in Vegas just to announce that AJ Styles had signed with WWE.
I would almost believe that maybe they were announcing the purchase of TNA, but we all know that the WWE Universe will never acknowledge that TNA exists.

Apparently Kaitlyn was thinking the same thing I was in regard to the WWE's usage of her. She's left the company.

Good for her.

http://youtu.be/gwDigbOWmbI

It will be interesting to see what they show at CES, although it's probably the WWE Network on game consoles and other internet enabled devices. I'll be happy if they'll just let me watch Raw and Smackdown live on my Playstation 4. (I guess I could do it by turning my PS4 into a virtual Cable Box, but that would require Dish Network.)

@BigELangston Good bye, my friend, @KaitlynWWE. pic.twitter.com/IPx74zF2sx

https://twitter.com/BigELangston/status/420961564553125888/photo/1

Another reason Baltimore sucks:

It was the same fans that chanted “HUSKY HARRIS” at Bray Wyatt. Undeserving bastards.

I didn't realize the  announcement is at CES.  That explains the weird 9:30 PM ET start time, and pretty much guarantees it's WWE network.

Another reason Baltimore sucks:

It was the same fans that chanted “HUSKY HARRIS” at Bray Wyatt. Undeserving bastards.
I praised them for that.

It teaches the WWE to not saddle and debut wrestlers with garbage gimmicks on national television.

I see your point, but I'm pretty sure that's not why they were chanting it.
At worst, they were doing it to be contrary to the programming. The thing is though that if Wyatt had never debuted on TV as Harris, it never would have happened. National TV isn't the place to test what works or doesn't. You have NXT for that.

Every single time Michael Cole says "WWE" I want to punch him in the face. It makes me cringe. DOUBLEUDOUBLEUEEE

Not quite.  He was just a vanilla NXT guy called up to the main roster. I don't think that can be called a "garbage gimmick". It's not like they made him be Kerwin White.

Husky Harris was a gimmick Harry. His real name is Windham Lawrence Rotunda. It's not Husky Harris. By saddling him with a fake name, they saddled him with a fake persona / gimmick. By doing so, and putting him on the main roster they set the national audience to recognize Rotunda as Husky Harris and not Bray Wyatt. The audience in Baltimore responded as such.

How is this hard to understand?

It's 9.99 per month with a 6 month commitment. I'm skipping it until there's a change in the main event scene.

Zen Davis, it amazes me how you're too obtuse to see the difference between a persona and a "gimmick" in the real "wrestler" sense of the word. 

You're headed out of control, Zen Davis. Now, go ahead and call us all racists because we don't constantly gush about Japanese wrestling.

Harry, if you want to have an argument about the difference between a "persona" and "gimmick" you can have that conversation with yourself and a dictionary. I'm not interested. That wasn't the point I was making. Again: Keep up. 

Also. You watch WWE. And you bitch about it. And you don't watch anything else...

While you got that dictionary, you might want to look up the definition of "stupid" because that's genuinely what I believe you are if you keep tuning in as a wrestling fan to a product you hate. That's the point I was making when I said what I did about ignoring every other promotion except the WWE. It wasn't about Japanese wrestling. It's about alternatives and finding wrestling that makes you happy. 

When I said what I did, it wasn't an accusation. It was exasperation. Add me to your ignore list if you think anything I've said is out of control. I'm not Zen Davis. You've gotten crapped on previously for name calling people and a number of posts were deleted by mods in the wrestling thread. If you can't deal with me, add me to your ignore list and be done with it. Otherwise lets talk like adults.

Zen Davis, it amazes me how you're too obtuse to see the difference between a persona and a "gimmick" in the real "wrestler" sense of the word.

You're headed out of control, Zen Davis. Now, go ahead and call us all racists because we don't constantly gush about Japanese wrestling.
Just put him on ignore like I have. The more he gets ignored the sooner he will go away.

$10 a month with PPVs included. I'm all fucking in for the WWE Network.
I'm honestly shocked. WWEN sounds incredible. I was saying "msybe" at 15 and "probably" at 12. At 10? fuck yeah.

Just based on PPVs and more importantly back catalog from multiple promotions, easy purchase.

I'm totally in for WWE Network! I'd rather spend $10 and get all PPVs as opposed to buying a PPV here and there. My only gripe is the start date of February 24... A day after Elimination Chamber.

I also hope that they're able to get Live Raw, Main Event and Smackdown Programming on WWE Network as part of their new network deal.

Article I read mentioned pre and post show stuff for Raw. I'm crossing my fingers that pre-show includes dark matches and taping for Main Event and Superstars.

I'm also quite happy with the platform they choose. From my experience MLB Advanced Media is quite good. \

Article I read mentioned pre and post show stuff for Raw. I'm crossing my fingers that pre-show includes dark matches and taping for Main Event and Superstars.
I don't have cable, so I'm still going to have to watch the replays. :cry:

...It is kinda weird that they're launching on PS4, but not Xbox One. I'm not quite sure what that's all about.

WWE Network -- I'm all in on opening day (Feb 24th). $9.99 (with a 6 month commitment) for Wrestlemania in HD? fuck yeah.

Mae Young has been in hospice for a couple days, and they took her off life support earlier. Not long to go now.

Still can't believe she took that stage-through-table bump from Bubba during the Attitude era. God damn. Even if he did a great job protecting her, that's still insane.

I also hope that they're able to get Live Raw, Main Event and Smackdown Programming on WWE Network as part of their new network deal.
Sadly I can't see it happening due to them being the highest rated programming on their respected networks.

...It is kinda weird that they're launching on PS4, but not Xbox One. I'm not quite sure what that's all about.
I'm assuming that WWE felt the XBOne app wouldn't be ready in time for launch. Either that or Sony paid a bit of money to the WWE to have an exclusive time window for the next gen systems. I am wondering about other platforms that didn't get mentioned tonight. I'm looking in particular at Windows Phone and Wii/Wii U.

As far as WWEN on XBone - yeah, the logo was not shown, but Cole's voice over did say "Xbox" (ie not Xbox 360). If for some reason it isn't there at launch, you can pretty much bank on it being there shortly thereafter. Weeks, not months. I'm assuming it will be ready for launch though and the video just didn't show the logo for whatever reason.

As far as WWEN on XBone - yeah, the logo was not shown, but Cole's voice over did say "Xbox" (ie not Xbox 360). If for some reason it isn't there at launch, you can pretty much bank on it being there shortly thereafter. Weeks, not months. I'm assuming it will be ready for launch though and the video just didn't show the logo for whatever reason.
I read the FAQ before watching the video announcements. The WWE Network isn't coming to the Xbox One until the Summer.

http://www.wwe.com/help

I'm like why did he post a pic of Kaitlyn. I Google her and WOW! She was the baddest too. :(

Of all the Divas, why did she have to leave.

Big_E_sad.jpg

Sadly I can't see it happening due to them being the highest rated programming on their respected networks.
They won't. The FAQ on the WWE Network mentions they won't stream Raw, SD or Main Event while they air. People who pay for the WWE Network will have to wait until after the shows air and for it to be loaded onto the servers. So you're still getting the PPVs for free and all the on demand stuff, but won't receive live Raw, SD or Main Event airings.

Makes sense with them to not stream those as they're trying to get a big money deal from various networks when all 3 shows contracts expire.

i think they made a major mistake not putting the  wwe network on   Cable.  i would of paid  14.99 a month if it was like the on demand channel now.  Not hooking up my ps3 just to  watch wwe crap.   I say the channel last  less then a year before its either pulled or they have to  do a deal with  cable companies  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back