The "Road to Wrestlemania XXX" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryback has been killing it on twitter this weekend. First time I have ever cared about him. Hes been gold. He went from 400k followers to 800k+ last i saw. He keeps deleting all his tweets and working everybody.
It's okay that he's been killing it on Twitter. The main problem is that he's also been killing (people) in the ring with his stiffness.

Obviously. He's got heat for that and the Lillian Garcia horse face comment last week. Sure he took Dolph out but on the plus side Dolph can get a nice comeback pop at royal rumble. I have no faith they will ever push Ziggler anyways. He was so over.

I work for a cable company and WWE doesn't get all of the $60 for a PPV, I'm thinking around 30% last time I checked.. rest goes to cable companies and the ppv provider like InDemand. Also if it would have gone to regular TV not every provider would carry it. I think it'll be awesome, I'm just glad it'll be on the PS4. I'm more stoked for the WCW/ECW PPVs than anything. I know you can watch them on youtube just it's usually crappy VHS conversion. The live PPVs are great also, I get them for half off now with PPV, but this is even better.
personally i dont think any provider wanted it. it was to come out last year and they could never make a deal with cable companies to carry it. Maybe in a year when they show they have 60,000 people on the service. Had a friend who worked at our local place i think the WWE ON DEMAND channel only had like a 2% buy rate

so i doubt our cable company would of carried it if they demanded a fixxed amount of cash. Hell at 10 per month i doubt the wwe could even team with anyone without the price going up

i could see within 6 months or a year

10 bucks streaming

15 to 19.99 on directv and cable

i would pay 20 a month on cable just for the ppvs

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing that cluster fuck of a storyline is over since it was a train wreck to begin with. Its like the wwe got scared and pulled the plug on the storyline early. I forgot that creative tends to act just like the target demographic they write for.

Good thing that cluster fuck of a storyline is over since it was a train wreck to begin with. Its like the wwe got scared and pulled the plug on the storyline early. I forgot that creative tends to act just like the target demographic they write for.
I like to think that this was all supposed to be a clever ploy for Bryan to get get Bray all alone. If that's the case, then this storyline lasted as long as it needed to. I'm hoping that they'll settle things by Elimination Chamber, and that should free Bryan up for Wrestlemania.

I have to say the Daniel Bryan story from tonight was played perfectly.  I found myself really into it, as much as the crowd was.  Why can't we get good stuff like this more often?

I like to think that this was all supposed to be a clever ploy for Bryan to get get Bray all alone. If that's the case, then this storyline lasted as long as it needed to. I'm hoping that they'll settle things by Elimination Chamber, and that should free Bryan up for Wrestlemania.
Clever must be codeword for brain dead according to the wwe. I mean a cage steel cage match ( that somehow can be climbed out of but not into according to harper and rowan who just stood there) instead of hell in a cell would have made a little more sense that what happened tonight.

Wow, Impact really is struggling:

1554571_518026681628424_887157324_n.jpg

Wow, that's quite sad that small of an area and probably under 150 people in that gym.  Would've been sadder if it was actually a tv taping.    Makes me wonder if 6 months from now, if the company will be gone and bankrupt.  If things are that bad at their live events, there's no way the company is profitable.  Also makes me wonder if Sting won't be renewing his contract next month.

Wow, that's quite sad that small of an area and probably under 150 people in that gym. Would've been sadder if it was actually a tv taping. Makes me wonder if 6 months from now, if the company will be gone and bankrupt. If things are that bad at their live events, there's no way the company is profitable. Also makes me wonder if Sting won't be renewing his contract next month.
i seen small wwe events like that in the past

That's because TNA is running shows in McKinnville, TN wherever that is.  I think that's where that picture was taken.  I'm sure that town doesn't have an arena.  I'm going to a TNA show this Friday night in Mobile, Alabama and it's at a 10,000 seat civic center.  We'll see how the crowd is for it since it's in wrasslin country and a pretty big town.  Main event is Bully/Anderson in a cage match.  Also got Aries/Sabin on the card.

Pretty sure that picture is from Vance Middle School in Bristol, TN.  They were here last week. I didnt go but doesnt look like I missed anything. There was no promotion for it at all around here.  The only reason I knew about it was cause they randomly mentioned it on Impact. Sting was added to the card too. I feel bad for the guy.

Skipped last night since I didn't think there would be anything worth seeing. Whoops.

Didn't think they'd chicken out on the Wyatt thing that fast, but someone must have realized how fucking stupid it was to derail DB and convinced Vince to pull the plug. Getting Cena-in-The-Nexus flashbacks.

Just hope this isn't some dumb double-swerve where Cena and DB fight the Wyatts, only to have DB turn on him to somehow get to the rumored Cena-Wyatt match at Mania (which I have a hard time believing).

This also opens up 3 spots at the grooms table at the wedding.  I could definitely see WWE doing an angle where the Wyatts interrupt the ceremony or dinner and unleash chaos a la Jake and Taker.  

I saw a Kane swerve last night in the fantasy booking scenario in my head. Kind of disappointed that didn't happen, but eh...

I honestly saw the D-Bry/Wyatt thing lasting 2 more weeks, until Royal Rumble. My fantasy booking (for those curious, I know you are) had this RAW ending happen instead at the end of the Rumble. Bryan would somehow cause a loss on RAW/Smackdown up until the Rumble, then get punished the same way each week. Fast forward to the Royal Rumble. The Wyatts (Bray, D-Bry, Harper) would work together and eliminate most everyone near the end of the Rumble once these three entered. It's down to Bryan, Harper, Bray and another top name. Somehow, Bryan "accidentally" eliminates Harper (say he misses a clothesline trying to eliminate Bryan/another Sooperstar™, or something, slips on a banana peel, who knows) while Harper tries to eliminate someone else. Bryan would get "punished" for his 'mistake' by Bray in the exact scenario that happened last night, but instead of taking Sister Abigail, he'd refuse and explode on Bray, then eliminating him as well, going on and winning the Royal Rumble... and thus we would be at this point. Rumble PPV closes extremely hot with the massive crowd pop/chanting of Yes! Yes! Yes!

SEj3OoR.gif

But I don't get paid to do this, so instead we got RAW. While it was good, it wasn't as good as what I drew up in my head. ;) God damn being an internet-era wrestling fan.

Should have at least had the Uso's fight up the ramp with Harper and Rowen as an excuse for them not eventually being able to make it up the cage...otherwise I was really happy with the way that segment played out.

Bryan's still not going back up to the title picture for now but at least the potential Kane involvement adds something more to the Wyatt/Bryan feud. 

Slightly different version. Bryan may have this Rumble in the bag. I doubt Batista is going to be this over when he comes back. Still I imagine they'll give Batista the Rumble and Bryan will win the belt from him at SummerSlam.

Qj4.gif

I see either Bryan or Punk winning the rumble. I can see them giving it to Bryan, but supposedly Taker asked for Bryan at WMXXX. I'd love to see another Lesnar/Punk at 'Mania for the Super Title Belt of the Century. 

Seems like Punk is pretty much locked in to go against Triple H at WM after last night as much as I'd love another Punk/Lesnar match.   Still a long way until Wresltemania though..

I kind of like the idea of Kane being behind the cage being locked. As in, he planned this out with Bryan a few weeks ago so both of them could get revenge on the Wyatts, but I doubt they'll actually do anything with it.

Just watched that ending from last night though. fucking ridiculous. Don't think I've ever seen a crowd that in unison. You could actually hear mostly silence in between each time they were chanting.

Motherfucking trooper.

Daniel had a concussion during that entire last segment... Confirmed by WWE Twitter. No clue what this spells for the Rumble.

I think we all knew it couldn't have been long for Mae... Still, she's lived a hell of a life.

It's too bad about Daniel Bryan getting a concussion. Hopefully it's mild and nothing major. I guess they'll make a determination soon about what they want to do with him. If they wanted to, he still probably could be a surprise 30 entrant to the Rumble and he'd still have enough time to main event Wrestlemania in April if that's the direction they're going towards. 

Still, that ending at Raw was pretty much perfect. 

With all of these injuries it seems to me like they need to expand the roster and either call up guys from NXT or sign new/old talent or both.

BCwjfMi.png

Wow. So young. 

On a side note about Bryan and Taker, It's clear why the Undertaker would ask to face Bryan at Wrestlemania instead of Lesnar. It's insane how many people Bryan has made over the past three years. 

AJ Lee got over because of him. The Shield got started with him. Kane became relevant with him. Randy Orton became relevant working with him. And now he's actually got Bray Wyatt involved in the main event scene. It's ridiculous!

It's not only because of Lesnar's physical style, but a match with Bryan would do far more to cement Taker's legacy of great Wrestlemania matches - which been have four star affairs for the past five years (HBK/HHH/Punk). That and the pops on that match would be far hotter than if he faced Lesnar.

I still think there's a chance they may do HBK / Bryan at Wrestlemania, now that the Authority story is picking up heading into Wrestlemania, but Undertaker / Bryan certainly wouldn't be bad either. Still from just the perspective of how many people have had their profile in the company raised from working with Bryan, it's understandable to say that he may be being positioned as the next John Cena. He's been main eventing Raw since June without ever having the belt on him. That says a lot.

Because if there's one thing that the Undertaker doesn't have yet, it's a cemented legacy of good Mania performances.

I can understand if that rumor about him wanting to work with Bryan is true, but barring Rock coming back ot a match with Cena, the money with Brock is pitying him in there with Undertaker. I guess the question there is if they'll be able to convince Lesnar to go rehearse with him like they've done with all the Undertaker stuff the last few years. I'm sure another hundred grand or whatever would go a long way towards accomplishing that, since I'm assuming it wasn't part of the original deal.

Shield started with Ryback and Punk, and Kane drifts in and out of relevance every year regardless of who he teams with/is facing. This one is more personal opinion, but I find Orton just as boring and corny now as he was before the Bryan thing.

Because if there's one thing that the Undertaker doesn't have yet, it's a cemented legacy of good Mania performances.

I can understand if that rumor about him wanting to work with Bryan is true, but barring Rock coming back ot a match with Cena, the money with Brock is pitying him in there with Undertaker. I guess the question there is if they'll be able to convince Lesnar to go rehearse with him like they've done with all the Undertaker stuff the last few years. I'm sure another hundred grand or whatever would go a long way towards accomplishing that, since I'm assuming it wasn't part of the original deal.

Shield started with Ryback and Punk, and Kane drifts in and out of relevance every year regardless of who he teams with/is facing. This one is more personal opinion, but I find Orton just as boring and corny now as he was before the Bryan thing.
His string of good matches at Wrestlemania arguably started with his match against Batista at Mania 23. Most matches prior to that were throwaways. Unless you're going to argue that his matches against Giant Gonzalez, Jimmy Snuka, Big Boss Man, Big Show & A-train are all somehow criminally underrated, I'm not sure what you're getting at.

His match quality only got great with his match against HBK at Wrestlemania 25. The follow-ups against HBK, HHH, and Punk were all fantastic, but that's six great Wrestlemania matches in about 21 years. If you want to sarcastically take a poke at that, go for it, but all it takes is one mediocre Mania match for you to turn around proclaim that Undertaker is all washed up and Taker knows it.

At age 48, there is no one older in this industry that is still main eventing a show like Wrestlemania. If his match doesn't deliver he probably won't get another go at Wrestlemania 31, and his career ends on a dud. He doesn't want that. I don't understand what Rock / Cena has to do with anything. Could you elaborate? But his match quality, and the heat that goes with it, will probably rise to the quality of HBK / Taker if they end up doing Bryan / Taker instead of Lesnar / Taker.

Also Shield debuted against Punk and Ryback but ther first match WAS against Bryan, Kane, and Ryback. That match also got rave reviews. You can catch up on it here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw67rr_2012-tlc-the-shield-vs-team-hell-no-ryback_sport. That legitimized the group instantly. Also Kane has almost never had this degree of heat as when he and Bryan hugged it out. You're free to find us some counter-examples.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFcXclYSCkM[/youtube]

Ok taker's match with Diesel at 12 was his first great match at mania, and his match against Edge at 24 was better than both HHH matches. And how did you forget about his match with Flair from 18?

Flair / Taker was actually the first Taker match I genuinely liked. Before that I kinda found him to be boring in the ring. Granted, I never saw any of the early circa-2000 Kurt Angle matches.

I'm an avid reader of the IGN wrestling Wrap Up and Matt Fowler recently brought up an idea of a potential Lesnar / Bryan match at WM30. How fucking legit would that be? Cena wins at RR, Bry wins the RR. Sets up Elimination Chamber for WM to either go Bry / Cena II (a Bella in each corner!) Or Lesnar Vs Bry. Not only is it a potential dream match up we never had, not only the usual David vs Goliath / Rocky kinda stuff we all eat up, but also the end of the Authority storyline. This route has so much potential for matches and storylines. They could even tie it back to Bryan getting robbed last year. Have him run through Orton as a warm up. The underdog that has to run through Cena / Orton / Lesnar and maybe even finally HHH himself. The fantasy Booker in me is salivating at something so perfect. They could book this all the way through to next year's WM if they wanted to.

When the WWE Network launches, only about 1.5% of WWE’s total video library will be accessible. It’s said that very little of the content will be old territorial footage. While WWE will add new content weekly, they will also remove content from time to time.
While that's disappointing to read, I imagine one and a half percent of their massive library is still a ton of content.

Well is 1.5% the 1500+ hours of content they are claiming at launch? That plus the normal weekly shows and PPVS would be more than enough content for quite awhile.

While that's disappointing to read, I imagine one and a half percent of their massive library is still a ton of content.
I wouldn't even want to think about how many hours of video they have. Add up all the territorial libraries they've got, WCW, ECW, all of their own TV/PPVs/Documentaries.....it's crazy. I would love to see the datacenter and backup solution they have for all of that.

I wouldn't even want to think about how many hours of video they have. Add up all the territorial libraries they've got, WCW, ECW, all of their own TV/PPVs/Documentaries.....it's crazy. I would love to see the datacenter and backup solution they have for all of that.H
Here you go:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/inside-video-vault-photos

It says they've got over 40,000 tapes in the library, so even at 1.5% that's plenty I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do like seasons or something akin to that with some of the older regional library tapes they have. They probably don't want to dump everything and then have people leave after seeing everyhing they want. I am sure they want to try and keep things fresh like Netflix attempts to do. 

What I don't get is how "indie fans" eat this shit up, but constantly shit on Santino and the gimmicks aimed towards kids. The fuck is the difference?
Because it's their indy darlings doing this stuff AND winning world titles! Instead of just this shit every single week.

That's my guess.

What I don't get is how "indie fans" eat this shit up, but constantly shit on Santino and the gimmicks aimed towards kids. The fuck is the difference?
Part of it is personality. Santino can be good at times. Garbage at others. But he's a straight comedy act.

These guys are basically the biggest heels in the company and they're basically mocking the competition. It's kind of like when Punk knee'd R-Truth in the face at the Rumble and asked "What's Up?!". He's not really trying to rap. Same thing here. They're being douchebags. That's what the fans are eating up. It's why I eat up Brotista.

Or the 3D Funeral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ALrysh0Qo

That's because TNA is running shows in McKinnville, TN wherever that is. I think that's where that picture was taken. I'm sure that town doesn't have an arena. I'm going to a TNA show this Friday night in Mobile, Alabama and it's at a 10,000 seat civic center. We'll see how the crowd is for it since it's in wrasslin country and a pretty big town. Main event is Bully/Anderson in a cage match. Also got Aries/Sabin on the card.
Well, here's a picture from the show in Mobile last night:

kEptaEV.jpg

ECW drew better in their final days and probably had a more earnestly full crowd for their TNN shows than some of these TNA shows on Spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back