The "Road to Wrestlemania XXX" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me wonder is the prices of tickets too high(WCW had that problem), picking the wrong areas to market house shows or fans just giving up on the company?

Just looking at that pic, it looks like ROH draws better crowds for their tv tapings than that.

TNA couldn't give tickets away when they were in St Louis a few months ago.  All you had to do was bring a few canned goods and you got in for free and they did their show on a college campus. This was also when they still had Hulk Hogan and he did the morning talk shows.

TNA needs to develop its market like an indie. 

PWG, ROH, NJPW and other companies all have home markets. Those that don't end up dead like Chikara. TNA has the Impact Zone. They need a secondary market that they can rely on. And slowly build out. They've lost a lot of good will thanks to Dixie and as such hardcore indy wrestling fans have refused to support her product. That's why those buildings are so empty. Hiring Russo. Firing Cornette. Hiring Hogan. So on. So on. 

It's hilarious how spot on HHH was in considering TNA non-competition. The company needs pull a Sony and do its best to make amends with its fan. Dixie needs to vanish from TV because she is utterly toxic. She's so desperate to follow after WWE that she's throwing away talent like Jarrett and AJ Styles. It's sad that with this Mobile card ROH could have drawn 1200 people into the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. (To be fair, they'd need at least another two matches.)

Chris Sabin beat Austin Aries to retain the X-Division Title.

Madison Rayne beat Gail Kim to retain the Knockouts Title.

Gunner beat Bobby Roode.

Ethan Carter III beat Eric Young.

Magnus beat James Storm to retain the TNA Title.

Samoa Joe beat Bully Ray in a Cage Match to end the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I went to the show in Mobile, AL.  Me and my buddies road over from Pensacola, it was only about an hour drive there. There was probably about 500-600 people there, a lot of people in the box seats which were the cheap tickets in the lower/upper level.  Me and my group bought those tickets and just moved to ringside lol.  I think it has to do with ticket prices, if you want the first 3 rows I believe are $75 each.  The show started at 7:30 and ended at 9:30, was kinda bummed about that.  Pretty quick show, maybe because of the bad turnout.  I think Dothan had a better turnout the next show on the loop.

Can  anyone recommend me a price to buy WWE 14 at?    I bought  WWE 13 for $10 last year  form the Games on Demand sale and I enjoyed it, and wanted to pick up 14 but don't know if it's worth more than $20 or so? Any thoughts?

I thought the gameplay in 2k14 was worse than 2k13. However the presentation and 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode is very much worth $10-$15. No more than that though. I sold my copy about a week after I had it.

Personally I'm waiting to see what next-gen can do with wrestling titles. Hopefully competent A.I. and the ability to have more than 6 guys on screen at once...

SD_12192013rf-0310.jpg

Regarding Daniel Bryan's concussion suffered on last week's RAW, the feeling is still that it's pretty serious. As noted, he was kept off this weekend's live events and was at home resting.

Bryan managed to get through the match last week without missing any spots. However, at the end of the show when he was on top of the cage leading the "yes!" chants, right before the show ended Bryan suddenly stopped and sat there, looking around like he was unsure. A WWE stagehand laid on the ground, looked up at him and started gesturing for him to keep chanting. Bryan just looked at the guy seemingly completely confused. Bryan later told WWE officials that he barely remembered anything that happened in the cage.

Word going around this weekend is that Bryan's planned Royal Rumble match against Bray Wyatt is off.

Backstage, Bryan's big moment was a hot topic. A source said, "The whole backstage was in awe. Vince McMahon loves Bryan."

The American Wolves were on Impact last week. I'm guessing I'm the only one who saw this.
I did tune in for it, because I was hyped. Didn't expect them to ONLY APPEAR ON SCREEN FOR A MINUTE.

Plus, apparently the report is that they didn't even wrestle on the card, so that's another reason for me to not watch Impact this Thursday. I just can't come to enjoy this company, it seems... I have no idea what's going to happen to Impact in 2014.

Remember how much buzz TNA had around this time 4(!) years ago? They had that big first Monday episode where they decided to go head to head with WWE, and they brought in Hogan, Jeff Hardy (fresh off of his red-hot WWE run), Bischoff, Waltman, and Hall. WWE was so scared that they decided that was the night to finally bring Bret Hart back to bury the beef.

I was really hoping he would go "Me. Want. Belt." and then exited the ring when he said why he was back tonight.

Man, it is fucked that after all that shit last week, they bring out Bryan at 8:40, with a half-entrance usually reserved for the Prime Time Players and Zack Rydwr. It's like they are bitter about the fact that they made the decision to turn him back right away.

How I felt after watching RAW:

uOObNWE.gif

(Courtesy of da Monkey)

Actually, more like:

eEnRypj.gif

Just trying to get away from that damn TV monitor.

I think the Batista thing ran longer than expected..seemed like lots of jobber entrances plus that 15 second Fandango/Woods match for the rest of the night.

I Wish Batista's new gimmick was that he was doing Guardians of the Galaxy and trying to get into character so much that he had his skin painted green and red and would only acknowledge people when they called him Drax the Destroyer.

Here's the DVD cover for the Scooby-Doo WrestleMania Mystery movie.

wwesc1_zpse437c1ce.jpg

Honestly, I'm not surprised that HHH found a way to even appear on the DVD cover... with the title...And AJ doesn't really look like AJ, doesn't she? I was only able to tell who she was because of her ring attire.

wwesc1_zpse437c1ce.jpg

Honestly, I'm not surprised that HHH found a way to even appear on the DVD cover... with the title...And AJ doesn't really look like AJ, doesn't she? I was only able to tell who she was because of her ring attire.
It's been a year since they ditched it, but somehow that spinner belt shows up on the cover.

I just saw the underwhelming debut of Batista's skinny jeans from RAW last night. I like how he didn't do the roll-out part of the Batista Bomb for fear of his One Direction jeans busting out from the tight factor.

I loved Batista's heelish behavior before he last left.

Pink polo with the collar popped? Check. Aviators? Check. Little nose ring? CHECK.

Face Batista pyro is now combined with heel Batista spotlight on his entrance. So basically the awesome spotlight entrance has been forever tarnished.

I did tune in for it, because I was hyped. Didn't expect them to ONLY APPEAR ON SCREEN FOR A MINUTE.

Plus, apparently the report is that they didn't even wrestle on the card, so that's another reason for me to not watch Impact this Thursday. I just can't come to enjoy this company, it seems... I have no idea what's going to happen to Impact in 2014.
See, I had no idea they were going to be on so, at least for me, it was really cool surprise. I look forward to seeing them in-ring and how well they get over.

wwesc1_zpse437c1ce.jpg

I'll be watching it just to see if that beast is Brock Lesnar. :rofl:

I heard the ratings went down in those last 15 minutes with Orton and Cena. I know it would be hard to follow up that awesome ending with Daniel Bryan last week, but wussy Orton with Cena celebrating like he won the Rumble (which means he loses on Sunday?) was clearly not the way to go.

I'll be watching it just to see if that beast is Brock Lesnar.
I'm going with a combination of
Hornswaggle and Santino with everyone laughing at the end.

So do we get
Daniel Bryan winning in 17 seconds on the pre show this year as revenge for Sheamus beating him at another Wrestlemania?
I dunno. If I were Vince,
I'd have him squash Danielson in a quicker time. Just because. I mean- Imagine the subsequent Internet outburst? And you know those hypocrites would tune into Raw to see what happens next. It's been that way for, like, uh, forever.

The only way to break the cycle of abuse is to quit watching WWE. And tenured WWE fans seem to have the damndest time doing so. I only quit watching the product last year after being a fan for over 20 years. That's the only real way to protest.

Yup.  My last WWE was the Raw after whichever WM was Edge's last.  Not because I was an Edge fan (far from it), that's just what I remember from it.

I won't quit watching since there is quality wrestling from time time. About as good as anywhere on the planet. But I won't support the network at all. Just watched Smackdown.

Josh Matthews asking, "Who is Douglas MacArthur?!" might be the absolute worst play by play banter I've heard from the WWE in years. 

Josh Mathews' corporate puppet status was out of this world on that one HOT HARBAGE!!!!!!!!! WWE revisionist propagandaYouTube show. Just nauseating.

Last edited:
Does it bother anybody else that entrances aren't shown like they used to be? I know that some entrances are boring and generic (quite a few guys have these), some are too long (these guys mainly fight around WM time), and some have terrible music (Mr. Sandow I'm thinking about you right now) but isn't that part of being the wrestler? Having an entrance that is tailored to the character?...

Now, this could all be biased because my favorite WWE Superstar of all-time is MVP and he first grabbed my attention due to an outstanding entrance. Yes, the one with the giant balloon entrance. That, mixed with awesome theme music created a unique entrance and I was hooked. It was only then that I discovered he is a great performer in the ring, and not too shabby on the mic either. Some people out there could be an entrance away from having that type of moment I had but we wouldn't know it because for a lot of matches nowadays, they come out during the commercial break so when we get back to Raw, they are already in the ring.

I just want to see every superstar get their entrance each night. That means haka (I think that's what its called) dances every time the Usos fight, the little 'millions of dollas' dance every time the Primetime Players fight, and ...well, everything except Los Matadores. Screw those guys. Alright j/k...In all seriousness, even they should get their 30-45 seconds of fame each week. It's better than those 30-45 second recaps we get after commercial breaks. Seriously, we don't need 10 of those a night.

Now, this could all be biased because my favorite WWE Superstar of all-time is MVP and he first grabbed my attention due to an outstanding entrance. Yes, the one with the giant balloon entrance. That, mixed with awesome theme music created a unique entrance and I was hooked. It was only then that I discovered he is a great performer in the ring, and not too shabby on the mic either. Some people out there could be an entrance away from having that type of moment I had but we wouldn't know it because for a lot of matches nowadays, they come out during the commercial break so when we get back to Raw, they are already in the ring.
I always referred to it as a Moon Bounce.

Just made me love MVP more.

Rumble time! fav ppv of the year!

must be rusty! cant figure out how to spoiler.. but ..

NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPS!!

Been watching through older rumbles today, saw that randomly they would use or edit out Big Boss Mans theme to his last one he had. Two in a row had the new one, then the next one had the old school one. These are rumbles from the 80s. It was odd.

Looking forward to the Rumble itself tonight, always good to see who the surprises are.

No matter who wins, I hope they get up on the wrong turnbuckle for the point like Orton did a few years back. That was funny.

The New Age Outlaws as the new Tag Team Champions doesn't make a great deal of sense to me, but while watching the match I continue to be impressed with Cody Rhodes at yet another PPV. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back