The "Road to Wrestlemania XXX" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A testament to Paul E's understanding as a promoter, he knew Sandman and New Jack were trash in the ring.

Which is precisely why he gimmicked them up with music and (literally) trash in the ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
20140204_blackhistory_EBlast2.jpg

They shouldn't overlook this gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nn-x6tMm-M

Natural Born Killaz was/is still legit as fuck. Your opinion is invalid.

However, New Jack does suck a whole bag and a half of dicks. Truly a piece of shit, he is.
Going to have to agree on all counts. What got my friends and I hooked on ECW was my friends and I watching one of the episodes that was broadcast at like 1 am on PASS in '96. I had caught it once or twice before and saw it in Apter mags, but after we saw the opening match of The Gangstas beating on Rosey and Samu for 5 minutes with weapons while that music played, I was hooked and we made it a point to watch it, or at least tape it and watch it, every week for years.

But yeah, Jack kinda sucks.

LOL at this being the "final chapter" of Orton vs Cena. I bet we'll get them in at least one match between to now and Wrestlemania.

fuck, the Shield/Wyatts feud is good. Totally minimalist in setup but perfect because it involves characters kept strong who haven't really touched before outside of a brief tease a few months ago, and the fans are actually excited to see it. Still hate that it'll probably be used to finish off The Shield (who I don't think should be split), but hoping it'll at least be a good match.

There's a good Real Americans vs. Sheamus & Christian match in there.  Great ending bit to Wyatts vs. Mysterio/Goldust/Cody as well.

So, I haven't been around awhile. Antiques Roadshow = Brak?

The flippant one-liner in the form of a non-sequitur seems familiar to me that way.
Nope. I'm my brother.

-

Fact: Sandman would have been more over than Cena when he was in WWE if they had allowed him to have his ECW entrance.

It would have blown the lid off of whatever arena they were in.

Matt Buck broke his hand in Japan. Flying back to have surgery on it in the States.

The Miz and Summer Rae will be starring in another Marine film.

Larry The Cable Guy and Santino Marella will be starring in the sequel to "Jingle All The Way" currently titled, "Jingle 2".

I regret nothing about skipping Raw.

REGkMFb.gif

I guess I'm in the minority, I would never call him great in the ring and he might be a scumbag, but I've always been intrigued by New Jack's shtick.  I've only seen it in small doses though so that might be why.

Anyone get tickets for Chikara's return show?  I'm driving over from Cleveland and making a weekend road trip out of it.

Also, any AIW fans here?  The shows have been really good lately and I'd recommend checking it out.

Out of New Jack's whole career, this is the one thing that stands out most to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fJ923CZwU4

I think this might've been at a TNA live event.

That kind of makes WWE look good in comparison. Monster Hunter nonsense is sooo cheesy.
I see where you're coming from.

The difference is whether you prefer a cheesy experience that you can laugh at and then move to some good wrestling or a corny one that makes you groan for days on end. It's not like the animatronic dinosaur hit the ring and speared one of the other wrestlers.

And 10 out of 10 times I'd pick the animatronic dinosaur and the overdone sword as an entrance attire over the nightmare inducing entertainment in the WWE.

Big-Show-baby.gif

-----------

Antonio Cesaro will be known as Cesaro from now on.

I just stopped getting worked up over it. If the product stinks, it's cool, I can do something else for a bit. I've got better things to do than worry who WWE is or isn't pushing. Don't get me wrong, I wish the show was better, fresher, more...something. But it's not, so why fret what I have no control over?

I've also grown comfortable watching via DVR 9 times out of 10. Skimmed through Raw from 10-11 last night. Enjoyed the Christian/Sheamus vs Cesaro/Swagger tag match, skipped right past New Age Outlaws diarrhea tea. I'd call that a win-win.

The downside is that when Punk returns (as an example), there's little likelihood I'll be watching live, so I won't be able to mark out like those of you who are. If you want to be surprised, you gotta suffer through the bad stuff live. That's pretty much the catch-22 of it all.

That video is....  FAAAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAKE.

Seriously.  How did that "leak"?  They're just working the Internet fans (and trying to steal - emphasis on steal - the thunder away from AJ Styles "quitting").

WWE is an Abusive Relationship.

Last edited:
I've stopped watching on the principle of hating the company's booking of Bryan + the inclusion of Batista into the main event at Wrestlemania. I'll probably avoid posting about the WWE here soon as well because the more I think about it, the less I want to reward their shit behavior towards audiences. 

There's a widescale "smark-tification" going on with WWE crowds right and it's happening on a scale we've never seen before. It used to be only a few key audiences this happened in. Places like Canada, Montreal, and the New York tri-state area.

But now we've got Portland, LA, and a lot of other places getting in on this smark like activity because they're so genuinely displeased with what the company is doing. Now if I'm being worked, I have no problem tuning back in. But if I'm not, then fuck this company. Like Myke, I've got way better things to spend my time on, like catching up on my SNES backlog. 

I'm going to avoid the company until the Raw after Wrestlemania and read all the recaps to see how things are turning out. 

NJPW Road to New Beginning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKSgH2tyMY

The first half of the show is very bland. The second half is much better. If you're only going to watch one thing here. Check out the main event of "Hirooki Goto, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs. Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii".

Match starts 2 hours and 30 minutes in.

That video is.... FAAAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAKE.

Seriously. How did that "leak"? They're just working the Internet fans (and trying to steal - emphasis on steal - the thunder away from AJ Styles "quitting").

WWE is an Abusive Relationship.
It's legit. There's a satellite feed that's online that people watch.. that's how a lot of stuff has been leaking out lately. Allegedly, anyway.

Yeah that's their voices, no doubt about it.
I think Brak is saying it's just a part of the work.

Shrug. Work or not, it's about time WWE started (returned to? - thinking about "kayfabe" historically) breaking the fourth wall with how they conduct their wrestlers off-air.

Stating that it's a work, with tones of smugness, is the same as critiquing a copy of People Magazine like yer readin' fuckin' Kierkegaard. Get off the cross, if you see that it's a work, you ain't no messiah. You've just found Waldo in the picture book.

I'm not criticizing it. I'm just blown away that people can't detect that it's a work.

It's a smart work - it's totally eclipsing the TNA angle it's ganking. Based on all the fan feedback in comments sections across the web, the AJ quitting angle had fans mystified. WWE saw that data, and that most of the headlines on dirt sheets had tons of free advertising for TNA, and made their move. Now 90% of headlines are devoted to CM Punk. Brilliant move, but slightly cut throat. Makes me wonder if, originally, CM Punk was going to "quit" back during the Summer of Punk and compete in ROH, etc., and this is their way of spitting back at TNA for stealing their shouldvebeenangle.

Also, me pointing out that Punk quitting is a work when people are expressing that they think it's real is really nothing like your analogy. It would fit if everyone here was in agreeance that the angle was a work.

And, yes. I know the broadcast test audio was legitimate shapes, sound and color - The "leak" and content was what I was saying was fake, to work Net fans.

Last edited:
The AJ angle has worked really well, IMO, with him not only wrestling for US promotions but doing it on TV (well, at least in markets with Sinclair stations). 

That video is.... FAAAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAKE.

Seriously. How did that "leak"?
Satellite feed stuff shows up online all the time. Nothing new. Anyone remember video of Bearer getting buried in cement showing up online hours before it actually happened on the PPV that same night?

And, work or not, this does show that WWE doesn't take the Punk thing seriously at all. And why should they? They're dead on about the chants. Yelling it for 9 seconds and stopping won't do a fucking thing. Until they do it relentlessly, turn their backs on the ring, hijack every segment of The show, or (gasp) stop attending, there is zero reason for WWE to care. And none of those crowd actions I just mentioned will ever happen.

Chicago in a couple weeks will probably be the closest it gets, and even that won't be anywhere near enough.

Yeah, you guys are right. There is no reason for WWE to care. Everyone who actually cares probably doesn't watch WWE anymore. Remember: The audience WWE has cultivated for the last many years actually likes Cena, Orton, Sheamus, etc. and gobbles up what WWE offers without much fuss. I guess that's one of the strengths of restructuring their business to mostly appeal to kids. Kids don't have the means to complain nor are they too selective when it comes to entertainment.

I know I've said this before, so apologies for the tedium, but: These days I watch PWG almost exclusively, and, really, those three to six hours every month or two is all the time I have for wrasslin. But, instead of just setting it to the background, like I did when I watched WWE, I actually pay attention and enjoy 100-percent of the time I invest. Amazing how that works.

Watched the PWG DDT4 2014 spoiler-packed preview.

This must have been a big moment for Trent (of former WWE and lesser TNA fame). 

Just to be safe, I'm using the spoiler tag for my GIF.

0UErWta.gif

Acceptance.

had a fever of  102 last night and fell asleep watching  old  WWE  dvds LOL

had a crazy dream where the  WWE came up with a new  PPV   something like  World war 3   wcw used to have but they  used a ladder 

This is when they had more belts  :)

Ring one had the 

WWE CHAMP belt and the world title belt 

Ring 2 had

the  IC title  (do they even have that  title anymore)  and the  US title 

after the first 2 matches they would have the  TAG TITLES with each title over  each ring 

they had like 10 to 15 people in each ring  and the  first person who climbed up the  ladder had to choose what belt they wanted and the 2nd person  picked the 2nd title.    (they had ring 1 and 2 going at the same time)    the  Tag titles took up both rings with  a belt above each ring  )    

The tag titles all the people got in the match  and  it made for some crazy tag teams cause the first person up the ladder got the first belt and the 2nd person up the ladder got the 2nd belt   (making them the new tag champs)

that was some fucked up dream  :)          In a way it sounds like the  chamber match but without the  pods 

had a fever of 102 last night and fell asleep watching old WWE dvds LOL

had a crazy dream where the WWE came up with a new PPV something like World war 3 wcw used to have but they used a ladder

This is when they had more belts :)

Ring one had the

WWE CHAMP belt and the world title belt

Ring 2 had

the IC title (do they even have that title anymore) and the US title

after the first 2 matches they would have the TAG TITLES with each title over each ring

they had like 10 to 15 people in each ring and the first person who climbed up the ladder had to choose what belt they wanted and the 2nd person picked the 2nd title. (they had ring 1 and 2 going at the same time) the Tag titles took up both rings with a belt above each ring )

The tag titles all the people got in the match and it made for some crazy tag teams cause the first person up the ladder got the first belt and the 2nd person up the ladder got the 2nd belt (making them the new tag champs)

that was some fucked up dream :) In a way it sounds like the chamber match but without the pods
Don't never let nobody tell you not to slidecage, ya hear me?!

What exactly is Punk doing with his time off? I haven't heard or seen anything from him since Royal Rumble.
I picture him in his ring gear at home yelling at his dog and telling him that he's the best in the world!

...Although, in reality he's probably just resting. I was under the impression that the guy's body was pretty messed up by the Rumble and being choked slammed though the Spanish Announce Table probably didn't help matters.

That right there cinches me NOT getting WWE Network. Gotta protest somehow.
A lot leaks coming from within WWE that CM Punk is not well liked in the company. Per PWTorch he is seen as hard to work with and a negative presence in the locker room. The leaked audio only seems to confirm this.

A lot leaks coming from within WWE that CM Punk is not well liked in the company. Per PWTorch he is seen as hard to work with and a negative presence in the locker room. The leaked audio only seems to confirm this.
Eh. We've all had jobs. How many people have you ever met that *everyone* in the workplace liked, was not envious of, etc.?

He was prone to speaking his mind, so we're told (and I don't mean his milquetoast "pipe-bomb" promos). Someone who is a loudmouth and calls things out is 100% guaranteed to have people in their workspace who really don't like them.

That kid looks sooo happy! :lol:

...Which reminds me... Why the heck is Natalia always on NXT? It seems off that she's spending so much time down in developmental...

That kid looks sooo happy! :lol:

...Which reminds me... Why the heck is Natalia always on NXT? It seems off that she's spending so much time down in developmental...
I think she's on NXT so much because her husband, Kidd, is working off the ring rust there and to elevate the NXT divas. I thought her matches with Paige and Emma were excellent (the one with Summer, not so much).

While I'm talking about NXT, what am I not seeing in Bo Dallas that those in charge at NXT/WWE are seeing in the guy? He's vanilla in the ring and his character is just annoying. I don't see him elevated higher than Rollins and Big E as NXT champs who transitioned to the main roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back