The Rock Band Thread - 10/26: Rock Band 3 Out Now With Free The Doors Pack In-Game!

Hopefully Rock Band Network will open up Rock Band to some more alternative artists like Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz and John Mayer.

Finally. I despise timed "exclusive" DLC. Too bad Viacom (parent company) apparently wasn't happy with how well RB: Beatles was doing. It might mean no more album DLC, and I so wanted Magical Mystery Tour.

[quote name='Nirron']Finally. I despise timed "exclusive" DLC. Too bad Viacom (parent company) apparently wasn't happy with how well RB: Beatles was doing. It might mean no more album DLC, and I so wanted Magical Mystery Tour.[/QUOTE]

They really pissed me off with the Abbey Road ripoff, but Rubber Soul and Sgt. Peppr brought me back on board because they were fantastic deals. Doesn't make much sense to discontinue downloads, though. Those that have bought the game are locked in, so to speak, so it's not like they can lose money on downloadable content.

All You Need Is Love should be out later today for Beatles: Rock Band people.

The RBN Store launched for the Xbox 360today, but there won't be anything noteworthy on PSN for a while. Just looking through the forums, the small selection of songs that are coming to PSN are exclusive to the Xbox 360 for at least 30 days.

http://kotaku.com/5489368/rock-band-3-revolutionizes-the-music-genre-this-holiday-season

Rock Band 3 was just announced:
Viacom President and CEO Philippe Dauman officially outed Rock Band 3, due for release this holiday season, when it will "will innovate and revolutionize the music genre" all over again.

Dauman revealed the game while speaking at the Credit Suisse Group Global Media and Communications Conference this morning, quickly followed by Tweets from several members of the Harmonix staff, relieved to finally be able to discuss what they've been working on, as well as this new entry on the Rock Band Facebook page:
Harmonix is developing Rock Band 3 for worldwide release this holiday season! The game, which will be published by MTV Games and distributed by Electronic Arts, will innovate and revolutionize the music genre once again, just as Harmonix did with the original Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band. Stay tuned for more details!
No details, but I'm hoping Harmonix won't be holding out for long.

:whee: LADY GAGA! :whee:

LADY GAGA MAKES HER DEBUT ON ROCK BAND WITH A HOT FOUR PACK!

PLUS A SPECIAL COMEDY CENTRAL® SOUTH PARK VERSION OF “POKER FACE”

MTV NETWORKS CELEBRATING DEBUT ACROSS CHANNELS

Cambridge, Mass. – March 9, 2009 – Harmonix and MTV Games today announced that a four pack of songs from pop sensation Lady Gaga, as well as a special Lady Gaga cover by COMEDY CENTRAL’s South Park’s own Eric Cartman will be added next week to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™.

Lady Gaga joins the more than 400 artists currently available through the Rock Band platform. With more than 1,100 songs available, Rock Band is, without question, the industry leader in providing the best selection of interactive musical content, songs and artists.

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 System and Wii

Musical maven and international fashionista Lady Gaga makes her Rock Band debut next week with a four pack of songs from both her Grammy® Award-winning and Diamond-certified album The Fame and her latest release The Fame Monster. Lady Gaga became the first artist in Billboard history to chart four No. 1 singles when her smash single “Paparazzi” reached No. 1 in 2009. Recently named creative director for a specialty line of Polaroid® products, Lady Gaga has proven herself to be an innovative powerhouse outside the music realm as well.

“Lady Gaga Pack 01” will include “Bad Romance,” “Just Dance,” “Monster” and “Poker Face” and will be available for purchase as “Lady Gaga Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Lady Gaga is touring Europe and the United States this spring and fall, as part of her successful Monster Ball tour. For more information on tour dates, please visit www.ladygaga.com.

Additionally, a special version of Lady Gaga’s “Poker Face,” made famous by South Park’s Eric Cartman, will also be available in the Rock Band Music Store next week. The track first appeared in the “Whale Whores” episode which will re-air on COMEDY CENTRAL March 16 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT. The 14th season of COMEDY CENTRAL’s Emmy and Peabody Award-winning series South Park premieres Wednesday, March 17 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.

Awesome I like playing rockband its at times better than playing real instruments (calasis are annoying and sometimes tabs are uggg) any cags want to play send me a pm and Ill add u to my band (ICE SCREAM). Also rockband needs AT THE DRIVE-IN

[quote name='evergoo']
:whee: SOUTH PARK! :whee:
[/QUOTE]
Fixed. I hope this leads the way for more songs from fictional bands, TV shows, and movies. The only stuff we've seen like that has just been free promotional stuff or bonus songs for GH2 and Rock Band.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Fixed. I hope this leads the way for more songs from fictional bands, TV shows, and movies. The only stuff we've seen like that has just been free promotional stuff or bonus songs for GH2 and Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

Don't The Monkees and Spinal Tap count? ;) There was also that Timmy song in RB1 and some goofy dlc songs from SpongeBob and Stephen Colbert.

[quote name='evergoo']Don't The Monkees and Spinal Tap count? ;) There was also that Timmy song in RB1 and some goofy dlc songs from SpongeBob and Stephen Colbert.[/QUOTE]
I mentioned the promotional stuff and occasional bonus songs already, but there's still a lot more out there. Two groups I'd like to see is Dethklok and Beck from Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, but at least the former has gotten a pack on GH5, so that's more of a possibility right now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Fixed. I hope this leads the way for more songs from fictional bands, TV shows, and movies. The only stuff we've seen like that has just been free promotional stuff or bonus songs for GH2 and Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

And the assortment of Spongebob Squarepants Tracks. (which I dont believe anyone on earth actually bought, but oh well)

Crap. The Frontman I got from Amazon on Black Friday doesn't work, though I didn't get around to trying it out until today. It syncs but doesn't actually work as a controller, so RB2 kept freaking out and pushing every button once it started up. I guess I'll have to find a new controller and maybe trade this broken one in.

Green Day: Rock Band will be out on June 8

Multi-platinum selling and Grammy® Award winning group Green Day, along with Harmonix, the leading developer of music-based games, MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), and Reprise / Warner Bros. Records today announced that Green Day: Rock Band™, the full standalone music video game experience that celebrates Green Day’s historic career and genre-defining albums will launch worldwide June 8, 2010, for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Wii™ system from Nintendo.

Green Day: Rock Band allows players to step onto the stage and into the shoes of Green Day, the multi-platinum, Grammy® Award-winning band that jump-started the punk-pop revival and has continued to pave the way for American rock music into the 21st century. Taking on the likenesses of Green Day members Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool, players progress through the story and history of Green Day, gaining access into the band’s media vault, where they can unlock more than 100 collectible images, and more than 40 minutes of rare and unreleased video from interviews, outtakes and performances.

Featuring the three-part vocal harmony technology Harmonix introduced with the award-winning The Beatles™: Rock Band™, Green Day: Rock Band gives players access to an incredible setlist of 47 tracks that span the band’s career including “Brain Stew,” “Jaded,” “Hitchin’ a Ride,” “American Idiot,” “Wake Me Up When September Ends” and “Boulevard of Broken Dreams.” All 47 tracks are fully exportable, providing players with the opportunity to play the songs in Rock Band™, Rock Band 2™ and the recently announced Rock Band™3! In addition, the six Green Day tracks already available in the Rock Band Music Store as downloadable content can be played in Green Day: Rock Band with added vocal harmonies, unique performance visuals, and exclusive archival material.
The last part confirms the ability to import DLC into Rock Band 3 for anyone that questioned it.

FriskyTanuki i used a frontman and I found a solution now its kinda confusing but this is how it works:
1. Turn on the guitar first (do not plug the usb pedal in yet)

2. At the menu plug in the usb pedal on the second usb port of the ps3

3. once its in (and have it in GH mode) it should sync as blue (2P) and then just change the controller setting to 1P.

This is how I solve this problem

(by the way have a regular controller

That didn't quite work, but I did manage to get it to switch to the player two slot long enough so I could quickly change it to #3 and it started working just fine, as I just played a few gigs with it. Thanks.

The full tracklist for Green Day: Rock Band has been revealed:

The Warehouse
Dookie (1994)
"Burnout"
"Having a Blast"
"Chump"
"Longview"
"Welcome to Paradise"
"Pulling Teeth"
"Basket Case"
"She"
"Sassafrass Roots"
"When I Come Around"
"Coming Clean"
"Emenius Sleepus"
"In the End"
"F.O.D."

Milton Keynes
American Idiot (2004)
"American Idiot"
"Jesus of Suburbia"
"Holiday"
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
"Are We the Waiting"
"St. Jimmy"
"Give Me Novacaine"
"She's a Rebel"
"Extraordinary Girl"
"Letterbomb"
"Wake Me Up When September Ends"
"Homecoming"
"Whatsername"

Warning (2000)
"Minority"
"Warning"

Nimrod (1997)
"Hitchin' a Ride"
"Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"
"Nice Guys Finish Last"

Insomniac (1995)
"Brain Stew"
"Jaded"
"Geek Stink Breath"

The Fox Theater, Oakland

21st Century Breakdown (2009)
"Song of the Century"
"21st Century Breakdown"
"Before the Lobotomy"
"Last Night on Earth"
"Peacemaker"
"Murder City"
"¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)"
"Restless Heart Syndrome"
"Horseshoes and Handgrenades"
"The Static Age"
"American Eulogy"
"See the Light"

Downloadable Content
"21 Guns"
"Know Your Enemy"
"East Jesus Nowhere"
"Last of the American Girls"
"¡Viva La Gloria!"
"Christian's Inferno"

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188821

The first details for RBN songs on the PS3 has been revealed:

Hey gang,

We're thrilled to announce that tomorrow (Thursday 4/22) we'll see the first batch of Rock Band Network tracks hit the PS3! We've looked at the download numbers and the feedback on the forums and we've put together a selection of some of the most popular tracks for this initial group. Here's what's hitting the PS3 tomorrow:

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies (Live)
Jonathan Coulton - Code Monkey
The Shins - Australia
The Slip - Even Rats
Steve Vai - For the Love of God (Live)

We're still going to keep any eye on the forum feedback to put together future releases on the PS3, and we'll continue to work with Sony to ensure that we're able to get as much content out as consistently as possible without disrupting the regular weekly RB DLC flow. We're still working on finding the best RBN solution for the Wii, which has it's own entirely different set of technical challenges, but we'll let you know as soon as we have more news.

You can turn your eyes down one post to get some additional info from RBN guru HMXjohnd. Thanks again to the all the PS3 RBN fans for your patience!

Hi Guys:

I just wanted to take a quick second to clarify how RBN tracks will be rolling out on the PS3. As HMXHenry just confirmed, we'll be launching 5 great tracks tomorrow from the RBN catalog in the PS3 RBN store. These tracks are awesome. Get excited.

Because of the way submissions work on PS3, we will only be able to release songs when we update the normal Rock Band DLC store (currently Thursdays). Furthermore, because of the way the submissions process works, we're currently capped at 5 songs per week. We're working hard to expand the number of songs we'll be able to do each week, but for now you can expect 5 songs a week, every week, plus your normal DLC releases.

We're using a few different criteria to pick these select tracks. The best selling tracks play into it, but we're also balancing that information with songs that we know are in demand from the core Rock Band users. Keep being (politely) vocal about what songs you want to bring over! We have a long lead time for submissions, but we'll continue to tweak what we bring over based on what we're hearing from you!

To be clear, the reason that we can update in real-time on Xbox 360 is because Rock Band Network on Xbox 360 is built on the XNA infrastructure that allows users to submit their own content, with the sales and distribution of those tracks managed by the XNA backend. That infrastructure doesn't exist on other platforms. We're looking into ways to bring as much stuff over as possible, but there are practical realities that aren't in our immediate control. We hope you understand.

I can only ask you to believe us when we say that we're limited in what we can currently do, but we want to bring as much music to you as possible. We're working on it and we hope you enjoy the songs we do bring in the meantime. We want your feedback, especially if the discussion is civil and informed.

Otherwise, Rock On!

HMXJohnD
Program Manager, Rock Band Network
Manager, Communications - HMX

Got Australia by the Shins yesterday, which is a lot of fun on guitar. Also got the full Axis album and it's beastly. It's fun but still humbling having to drop the difficulty for pretty much every song.

Next week's new RBN releases:
New to the PlayStation 3, available 5/4:
The regular releases includes the rest of the songs from the Tragic Kingdom album by No Doubt:
To add to the thirteen previously released No Doubt tracks in Rock Band, next week we will be releasing the remaining 9 tracks of this breakthrough album including:

• "Different People"
  • "End It on This"
  • "Happy Now?"
  • "Hey You"
  • "Sixteen"
  • "The Climb"
  • "Tragic Kingdom"
  • "World Go 'Round"
  • "You Can Do It"

http://www.rockband.com/zine/rock-band-3-design-team

Harmonix is starting the hype wagon for Rock Band 3 with some teasers about the key people that will be blogging about the game:
My name's Dan Teasdale, and I'm the Lead Designer on Rock Band 3. For the last two years, the Rock Band 3 design team has been feverishly working on making not just the next Rock Band game, but also the next big leap in music gaming.

Over the next few weeks and months, we'll be taking you through the details behind Rock Band 3 through a series of designer blog posts, right here on RockBand.com.

There's so much stuff in Rock Band 3 that I can't personally blog about all of it! The rest of the Rock Band 3 design team will also be writing posts about various features. Your brave authors, in order of attractiveness:

• Sylvain Dubrofsky is the senior designer in charge of gameplay on Rock Band 3. He'll be writing about some of the revolutionary new experiences you'll be able to play with in Rock Band 3.
  • Brian Chan is the senior designer in charge of various metagame systems. He'll be talking about some great new game modes and overhauls to how you experience the game.
  • Casey Malone is our designer in charge of player investment. He'll be blogging about some of the cool things that will make you keep you coming back to Rock Band 3.
  • Dan Teasdale is...me! I'm the lead designer on Rock Band 3, and one of two token Australians at Harmonix. I'll be talking about some other changes we've made to make Rock Band 3 the ultimate music game.
(While they won't be blogging, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the design contributions to Rock Band 3 by HMX alumni Doug Church and Grace Williams. They've made some huge impacts to the design that we'll do our best to represent in these posts.)

We'll also be taking any questions from the community that we can. If you have questions that you want answered, please check out the official discussion thread in the RockBand.com forums. We'll do our best to answer these as we write our posts.

So, stay tuned over the next few weeks and months as we chat about some of the in-depth details that make up Rock Band 3. I think you'll be surprised at just how big this game really is.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/25/keyboards-teased-for-rock-band-3-in-green-day-demo/

Dookieheads (that's what Green Day fans are colloquially referred to, right?) who downloaded the two-track Green Day: Rock Band demo from Xbox Live Marketplace today (gold subscribers only) found a little bonus waiting for them when they exited the demo: The teaser image posted above. Alongside the series' four iconic instrument logos is a whole new symbol, which seems to indicate that keyboards (or perhaps ... keytars?) will be added to Rock Band 3.

Also, the Green Day: Rock Band demo should be out on PSN later today when the store is updated:
Harmonix Music Systems and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks, announced today that a demo of Green Day: Rock Band – featuring full versions of “Welcome to Paradise” and “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” – will be released on Tuesday, May 25th, via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in North America and Europe. In addition, the demo will be released on Tuesday, May 25th for the PlayStation®Network in North America and on Wednesday, June 2nd for the PlayStation®Network in Europe.

I want to see a "The Doors" Rock Band now with a keyboard. Also is the Green Day Rock Band demo coming to PSN anytime soon?

http://www.rockband.com/zine/ozzy-scream-dlc

Rock legend Ozzy Osbourne makes his Rock Band debut with six songs - three classics and three from his upcoming album Scream! Ozzy has sold 50 million albums worldwide during his solo career (plus another 50 million albums as the vocalist for Black Sabbath!), won two Grammys, an MTV Movie Award, and has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He is a living legend and the Godfather of Heavy Metal. Now rockers everywhere will now be able to enjoy his music through Rock Band.

Fans will be able to play the already hit single "Let Me Hear You Scream" and two yet-unreleased tracks from Scream - "Diggin' Me Down" and "Soul Sucker" -before the album hits stores on June 22nd. Longtime Ozzy fans shouldn't feel left out - three Ozzy classics will also be available: "Crazy Babies, "I Don't Wanna Stop," and "No More Tears."
Not sure about the newer stuff, but I'm happy to see some older songs finally coming in master form. Now he just needs to get the Foo Fighters/Pearl Jam/No Doubt treatment with many more songs.

Picked up Green Day: Rock Band today and the clerk mentioned that RB3 and the keyboard peripheral are already available for pre-orders now. The export code is on the back of the manual, though I'm not sure if that's on every new copy or just GameStop's copies.

The new timed trophy is quite a bit harder, at least for me. It requires you to beat the career mode in 12 hours with a full four player band.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm not sure, but that presents its own challenges to play through it online in one sitting.[/QUOTE]
I'm up for it.

Already asking for a reserve on the keyboard controller? We have not even seen it yet! As for Green Day Rock Band, do they give you a voucher inside the case where you enter the code then pay 10 bucks to export all songs to the hard drive?

bread's done
Back