The Shockmaster (And Other Things Of Wrestlecrap) Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That hippy fuck CJ is the worst guy on NXT by far, I can't stand that guy.
God+Damn+Hippies.jpg

Splitting up the Prime Time Players gives me the same feeling as when they split up Cryme Tyme. Some people are simply meant to be in a tag team; some need to be in a tag team until they can find their separate identity. The crowd was really getting into Prime Time Players and then they kill the team for absolutely no reason. (Same story with Cryme Tyme).

I know Cryme Tyme had gotten fired or suspended once due to some backstage issues with Cade and Murdoch (if memory serves), I wonder if their firing stemmed from that? I hate saying this, but perhaps splitting Prime Time Players had something to do with Darren Young coming out? (I don't want to say punishment but it kinda seems that way)

I just hope to god we don't get a Billy and Chuck version 2.0 out of the deal.

Swagger really owes Cesaro a lot for this reaction towards The Real Americans. Nobody cared about Swagger before, they put belts on him with zero reaction, he gets in trouble right before Wrestlemania then flounders around until they pair him up. Cesaro and Zeb are the heart of that team. I wonder who Zeb sticks with if and when they split them up. I can see Cesaro eventually making the main event scene on a regular basis, Swagger not so much.

Rants, I know. Sorry! 

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I understand, Titus O'Neil wanted a chance to be a heel and Vince gave him a shot to sink or swim. I don't think the break up had anything to do with Darren Young.

I think that was the case of Shad and Cryme Tyme's break up as well. He started his singles run and I think he got canned shortly after that for doing something stupid. Too lazy to look it up, but I think I recall that correctly.

I think that was the case of Shad and Cryme Tyme's break up as well. He started his singles run and I think he got canned shortly after that for doing something stupid. Too lazy to look it up, but I think I recall that correctly.
I like to imagine "doing something stupid" was thinking he could make it as a singles wrestler.

While Cesaro is a good character, Zeb is amazing.  I don't get Swagger, nor do I care for him. He seems like a Smaller Big Show, so he's not as intimidating as he should be as a heel nor is he small enough to be a good face. He's just bland to boot.

While Brock vs. Taker is happening this year, I want Bray Wyatt vs. Taker next year.

I think Shad's had something to do with his acting aspirations at the time.

IIRC the Cade/Murdock thing was the thing that got them fired the first time.  They did their finisher to the ref without clearing it first after Cade/Murdock got the ref to give them a fast count on a roll up as a rib.

The women in NXT would win a Survivor Series match 5-0 against the current WWE Divas division. It's night and day, really. The main event of NXT was really good, too. That finisher by Neville was crazy. It's a move that doesn't seem possible when you think about it. And Bo...they need to bring him to WWE to make him a big heel. The company needs heels that aren't pushing 40/50.

And yeah, ESPN takes the most money of any company from your cable bill. Back in 2006 it was like $3.00/month and it was most then as well. Those bastards can't even carry hockey :/

Wrestlemania's next week...it should be a good one, as there are a lot of interesting/big matches on the card unlike in previous years. I think Cena/Wyatt is going to be a letdown though. Taker/Lesnar can go a lot of different directions at this point, and I'm not sure where it'll go other than a Taker win.
Well AJ and Natalya are pretty damn good. Tamina would be good if she stops injuring people in the ring. Summer Rae seems like she can sell pretty well.

But yeah I wish we could cut out the other Divas other than those 4 and merge them with NXT. It would give it a TNA glory day feel.

I think Bray Wyatt vs. Undertaker would basically turn into Bray vs. Bray, as I don't see Undertaker falling for his shit, getting upset/tormented over the fact that his words are ringing hollow in the eyes of the deadman, and nothing he does works. It'd be really fun to watch.

And when the Divas...thing was announced (I imagine it's going to be a 10 to 15 minute title chase with the title changing hands every 30 seconds or so) I was surprised to see they had so many Divas when there's only 1 match a week.

I imagine Sting vs Taker next year and then hopefully just retiring. For me it isnt fun anymore. Everyone knows the Undertaker isnt going to lose so why bother watch it. And after the stink fest he had with HHH the other year I just cannot stomach it anymore. The only person I can see ending the streak at this point is Cena. I think the internet would die if that happened though.

Jim Ross is a pretty terrible podcaster. There were a few things here and there that have annoyed me since he started, but this week he turned all those aspects up to 11. Listen to the Lita episode, if you can make it thorough. CONSTANTLY goes off on tangents during the interview, turning the discussion into either a) a story about himself or b) him trying to make a point that turns into a nonsensical story that trails off into nothing. His bitterness towards current smarky fans is really repulsive as well (during the Foley interview he scoffed at the concept of fans knowing what the term "over" means, as if it's a difficult to grasp concept), During the Lita interview he seems especially clueless, and at one point asks her about Punk leaving, clearly not knowing about their history. The deadpan "I don't know" response was nice and uncomfortable.

I need all the podcasts I can get due to frequent comminuting, but will probably be passing on this one unless it's a guest I really want to hear that doesn't appear on Austin/Jericho/Colt shows.

I don't buy the Taker-Lesnar buildup at all because Lesnar's not there every week the buildup seems hollow. There's some nice banter with Heyman for sure, but he's not wrestling Taker, Lesnar is. And when it comes to that, Lesnar's down 0-2 already.  I have no sense of danger from Lesnar here, which is gravely disappointing from his Royal Rumble match where he looked insane.  If Taker is in danger of losing the streak as the video packages are making him out to be, where's Lesnar to put that fear in Taker's mind and give us a semblance of morality for the Undertaker?

Zeb is amazing? How so?

In hindsight, it's hard to blame him for the disastrous TNA booking of a few years ago since he's been gone from there for awhile and the show is *still* awful, in largely the same ways.

I don't buy the Taker-Lesnar buildup at all because Lesnar's not there every week the buildup seems hollow. There's some nice banter with Heyman for sure, but he's not wrestling Taker, Lesnar is. And when it comes to that, Lesnar's down 0-2 already. I have no sense of danger from Lesnar here, which is gravely disappointing from his Royal Rumble match where he looked insane. If Taker is in danger of losing the streak as the video packages are making him out to be, where's Lesnar to put that fear in Taker's mind and give us a semblance of morality for the Undertaker?
They probably should have avoided contact altogether if they know that Taker's not going to be taking any bumps until WM. Wish they had just flatout stated that Brock was challenging Taker for Mania in January - then had him go on his Henry/Big Show murder spree. Throw Kane and Tensai in there for good measure. They have footage of him beating up Triple H,Punk,and HBK they could use for video packages already to say that he dominated everyone who challenged the streak.

Heyman could have started selling us on that match 2 months ago rather than that awkward period of Brock hinting at a title shot that they did.

They probably should have avoided contact altogether if they know that Taker's not going to be taking any bumps until WM. Wish they had just flatout stated that Brock was challenging Taker for Mania in January - then had him go on his Henry/Big Show murder spree. Throw Kane and Tensai in there for good measure. They have footage of him beating up Triple H,Punk,and HBK they could use for video packages already to say that he dominated everyone who challenged the streak.

Heyman could have started selling us on that match 2 months ago rather than that awkward period of Brock hinting at a title shot that they did.
There hasn't been a solid build for an Undertaker match in four years. It started right when Taker and HHH had their awful wordless staredown. The build with Punk was just as aimless. The match though should end up being good however. Brock will carry the Deadman.

There hasn't been a solid build for an Undertaker match in four years. It started right when Taker and HHH had their awful wordless staredown. The build with Punk was just as aimless. The match though should end up being good however. Brock will carry the Deadman.
I thought the build up to Punk/ Taker was pretty solid last year. It did kind of suck that they made it seem like Punk won a second place trophy being able to challenge Taker after losing to Cena though.

The big problem with this years Mania and promotion was the "Big Get" fell flat on its ass due to the fans wanting Bryan in the headline spot. The last 2 years Mania was all about Rock v Cena. Rocky coming back both years pretty much carried the show, and for some dumbass reason they thought that Batista coming back would do the same thing this year. When the fans didn't get behind that it pretty much took the air out of the booking and promotions they had planned, which in turn forced them to reset what they were going to do.

Usually the Taker event is something people are really into, but right now with the fans it is all about Bryan. Really most Undertaker matches at mania write themselves, but creative shit the bed with overthinking it this year it seems. It wrote itself for them with the history between the 2 of them, but that was to simple. 

I thought the build up to Punk/ Taker was pretty solid last year. It did kind of suck that they made it seem like Punk won a second place trophy being able to challenge Taker after losing to Cena though.
The entire 4-way to decide who faces Taker was garbage. Punk/Taker did good work after that imo.

They also could've done video package of their stuff from 02-03 and have Lesnar say that Taker's never beat him. He's done everything that he's wanted to do, expect end Taker's WM streak.

Which technically I think is correct. IIRC, the only time Lesnar was on the losing end of Taker was a handicap match & Big Show got pinned that time. Every time there was a title on the line, Lesnar always won the match.

There hasn't been a solid build for an Undertaker match in four years. It started right when Taker and HHH had their awful wordless staredown. The build with Punk was just as aimless. The match though should end up being good however. Brock will carry the DeaIn dman.
In case you haven't received the memo: You are liked by few and tolerated by less. I gave you the benefit of the doubt at first but you come off as someone who has very few real life friends. Don't try so hard. This is a wrestling thread. You will never know more than anyone else, nor will you impress anyone with any "backstage knowledge". Humility and realism, ironically, will carry you far and earn you respect.

I would mark out if Triple H won and went on to the main event.  That would be classic.  I just can't get into the whole "yes" chants and yes movement, just not my thing.

Hopefully HHH wins and gets the title.
I, honestly, would not be upset with that... but I think it would be a poor business move. (The old guard isn't getting any younger so they really do need to push the new guard up.) Also, while I like Daniel Bryan as a wrestler, though his mic skills could use some work, (and do think he should have a nice title run) I'm just not convinced he's the right one to push. (Though he is right now.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is this... He's amazing as the underdog... but how well is that going to work when he's the champion and he should be winning?

Other things...

Divas; I do agree with AJ being the best in the WWE... I haven't watched too much NXT but have been highly impressed with what I've seen... And I hope we see a roster swap real quick. (But I guess Total Divas is doing really good numbers? At least the WWE says it is... So I doubt will see any real change in roster in the near future.) But, yeah the whole division is just horrible stagnate right now.

Network; I use both my PC and Tablet (Nexus 7) with no issues on "current" stream or the catalog... It does take more time to access/load the catalog stuff than the stuff currently airing but I suspect that the catalog loads more to your local PC than the currently airing does. (I plan on patching my PS3 this weekend and see how it does on that... Though I suspect that running an HDMI cable from my PC to my TV is how I'll do Wrestlemania... There's just less involved if I cut Sony out of the loop.)

Bootista comment on the fans cheering for Danial Bryant; Saw this and thought it was worth passing along... (Link) ""It's a whole show that they are missing out on. I love that they love Daniel Bryan, it's great. He deserves all of his success, but at the same time, we can't have 16 segments of Daniel Bryan. They would get bored really fast. He's a star on the show, he is going to be out there eventually. If you chant his name through every other match going on, it's just…they're missing out.""

Not sure I agree with him (though I do get where he's coming from and do agree on some level) as I suspect much of the cheering is just people annoyed with seeing much of the same thing over and over again... but I'm completely shocked at how well thought/spoken the comment is... Why the hell does Batista suck on the mic so much when he's obviously got some functioning brain cells up there? :lol:

I could also see them having Bryan  win the title to get their Wrestlemania moment and then have it somehow taken  away form  him the next night on Raw. (again)

Maybe they go with the ULTIMATE swerve: 

Just as Bryan goes for the pin on Orton the Hulkster rides his hover-round to the ring, climbs under the bottom rope, pulls Bryan off and steals the pin for himself! I'm sure the internet would explode in a nuclear rage over some shit like that. 

You guys have it all wrong. Cena runs in, interferes, pins both, goes to the title match, wins, and the internet melts down faster than Chernobyl. That's the wrestlemania I want to see, just so I can drink in all the anger and hatred .

Just as Bryan goes for the pin on Orton the Hulkster rides his hover-round to the ring, climbs under the bottom rope, pulls Bryan off and steals the pin for himself! I'm sure the internet would explode in a nuclear rage over some shit like that.
So fucking lame. I've seen Popsicle sticks with more funny on them than this.

Bryan isn't winning. It's Batista's show. Bryan will beat Hunter and then Hunter will do a run-in and cost Bryan the match. Then they bulid to Summerslam. Bryan takes the belt from Batista when the Animal has to leave and promote Guardians of the Galaxy. Bryan will lose it before the year is up and win the Rumble next year.

If Hogan or the Ultimate Warrior ended up as WWE Champion by the end of the night it would make this WrestleMania a hundred times better. Hogan would be great to see the reaction of all the Hogan haters online, but Warrior would be even better because it would get all the old timer wrestlers pissed off as well. Maybe we could get Warrior vs Sting as WMXXXI's main event!

When it was announced (to Orton and Batista), Triple H made it sound like he is in the main event regardless if he beats Bryan or not.

Bryan isn't winning. It's Batista's show. Bryan will beat Hunter and then Hunter will do a run-in and cost Bryan the match. Then they bulid to Summerslam. Bryan takes the belt from Batista when the Animal has to leave and promote Guardians of the Galaxy. Bryan will lose it before the year is up and win the Rumble next year.
Stop being an ass.

Summer Slam is 8-17. Guardians comes out 8-1. Batista will start promoting possibly as soon early July. Your theory is flawed by disregarding facts.

HHH will beat Bryan with shenanigans. Main Event starts and HHH/Orton/Batista are in the Ring. Vince's music hits, as he stands at the entrance ramp. Vince says HHH screwed Bryan, now he's gonna screw HHH. Announces Bryan is in the Main Event. Bryan wins Title.

Summer Slam is 8-17. Guardians comes out 8-1. Batista will start promoting possibly as soon early July. Your theory is flawed by disregarding facts.
300,000 people will order Summerslam. Batista will be on it. He's not going to take the night off and skip a 100k paycheck. Are you insane?

With the way he has been wrestling I wouldn't be suprised if Batista is injured before Summerslam. He isn't being reckless per se but he moves so awkwardly in the ring these days like he's unsure of himself. Perhaps it's just me.

1> I was not trying to be funny Zen Davis. I was throwing out absurd booking possibilities like the shit creative is known to do.

2> Please, forgive us for not being the Ultimate Smark that you are and having inside scoop on the plans for everything. We will try to be more humble in your presence from now on.

300,000 people will order Summerslam. Batista will be on it. He's not going to take the night off and skip a 100k paycheck. Are you insane?
I didn't make a definitive statement about events that can't be confirmed. That was you, just like you did again. It's one thing to theorize, it's another to make statements of fact about things that haven't even happened yet. You're proving yourself to be extremely unreasonable.

I'm sorry but every time I post you're as excited as a pedophile in a nursery to knock me. It's creepy. You have an ignore option. Use it.

Your attempt at humor sucked. I said so. For all the shit you try tossing around my way, I throw a couple of sentences back at you and you're suddenly reading a list off like a whining Jericho on WCW Nitro.

I didn't make a definitive statement about events that can't be confirmed. That was you, just like you did again. It's one thing to theorize, it's another to make statements of fact about things that haven't even happened yet. You're proving yourself to be extremely unreasonable.
The same news report that said Batista was winning the Rumble said he was holding the belts until Summerslam as it was written into his contract. Obviously plans can change but it's not like I'm pulling this shit out of my ass to try and hold something over you. Everything from that report has been true thus far. The only that has changed is Bryan's insertion into the main event and that's because Punk walked.

I'm sorry I interrupted the fantasy wrestling circle jerk of Hogan or Warrior taking the belt. Please continue. I bet Beefcake is going to come out from the crowd with his hedge clippers and cut off Bryan's beard as well after Hogan takes the title.

Beefcake / Bryan "Scissors on a Pole" match at Extreme Rules. Then they'll do Hogan / Bryan at Payback but The Nasty Boys will show up and cost Bryan the match. They'll do a Nasty Boys + Beefcake vs. Shield match at Money in the Bank and Bryan will lose the MITB after Jimmy Hart cracks Bryan in the back of the head with his microphone. Bryan goes on Bubba the Love Sponge and the two agree to face Hogan and Hart at Summerslam. Bubba turns on Bryan and Hogan and Bubba reunite. The sex tape was a work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back