The Shockmaster (And Other Things Of Wrestlecrap) Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever said that the hippie on NXT needs to go - totally correct.

Yoshi Tatsu and Corey Graves did not gel together at all in the ring. Not sure what happened there. Very uncoordinated match, like one of them did not want to cooperate with the other.

You have an ignore option. Use it.
That's a valid point, but you know, you could stop doing overly obnoxious things as well. My only real issue with you is that you constantly double and triple post instead of just editing your comment to include something else you wanted to post. There's no sense in constantly bumping the post to make sure people will see what you add to it, just add it to your last post if no one has posted since the last time you posted.

I'm kinda torn on Graves.  Outside of the finisher his moveset is pretty bland, but I feel like his presentation has gotten much better...that saunter to the ring he does is pretty much perfect. 

That is a man you want to see get punched repeatedly in a group of heels that the crowd might end up turning towards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't disagree with that at all - his presentation is indeed very good. I just found myself puzzled by the match.

(that said, I do think a lot of his tattoo work is cornballs.)

When it was announced (to Orton and Batista), Triple H made it sound like he is in the main event regardless if he beats Bryan or not.
Would it surprise you if HHH gets put in it, even if he loses? Be even better if DB pinned or made him tap out in both matches because then both Orton and Batista would be furious with the Authority.

Would it surprise you if HHH gets put in it, even if he loses? Be even better if DB pinned or made him tap out in both matches because then both Orton and Batista would be furious with the Authority.
It wouldn't, and I think this exact scenario is a major possibility (with some sort of asterisk attached to it).

I said this earlier in the year, but I would have still rather seen Lesnar (w/ HHH) Vs DBry in the main event. Big missed opportunity there. Or maybe just a dream match I'll never see :whistle2:/

Idk why people harp on Dbry being champion, the whole "people would be hot for him while he's chasing it, but what happens when he wins?" Why not just put him in the Cena role from his first WWE title run. Just have Bry face down a different monster. He's perfect for the underdog, defy-all-odds role. Even more so than Cena, due to his Superman-like appearance or have someone like Bray win it off him and then chase him all over again. The build is already there, as Bry lost their first encounter. Could be a sweet program and I'm pretty sure both are pretty much ready to explode popularity-wise. Too bad "what's best for business" is milking nostalgia and helping out best friends.

I've been watching nothing but NXT and 93' era Raw on WWE Network and I feel like that's worth the $10 a month right there. It's also pretty interesting how similar both shows are. I'm sure that's a contributing reason why so many smarks love NXT. It feels like the old days of wrestling, with it's brevity, gimmicks and equal parts squash matches and good ole fashion rasslin.

NXT honestly feels like TNA did back when TNA was interesting and fun to watch. This may sound dumb but it doesn't feel like a WWE product to me and that's what I love most about it. They don't have some idiot(s) wasting TV time with a boring promo every 15-20 minutes. NXT feels like I'm watching professional wrestling. 

Oh my lawd.

P.S. I also vote on ditching the hippy character. Awful and awkward.

The main thing I like from NXT is the commentary. Unlike the rest of the WWE it doesnt seem like there is anyone in the ears of these guys telling them what to say. So the conversations seem more genuine and less robotic. For me, thats the #1 reason I cannot watch WWE now. When a match or something got boring in the old days you could just listen to the Brain and the Gorilla go back and forth, now you just have to hear Cole repeat the same thing over and over or JBL talk about how he loves Ron Simmons. I even like Tensai now! I think hes great on commentary.

The thing I dont like about NXT is none of the home grown talent can wrestle a lick. The long time indy guys can go but there arent enough of them on the card yet to really carry the load.

The tiny crowd in a dark room feel totally helps NXT.

The worst thing for the show is the goddamned giant video screen, but perhaps I'm just nostalgic for some kind of Mid-South/World Class set.

I don't remember Albert on commentary, but I did see him on the pre and post Raw shows. Seems a little awkward to me.  On the other hand, Alex Riley is solid in the commentary role. 

Seeing as Hogan is hosting, there's no doubt that he will interfere in Wrestlemania's main event. As long as Cena doesn't get the belt, I'm thrilled.

Aside from the two matches tying in to the main event, I'm excited for the battle royal. That and the Rumble are my favorite matches since you can rewatch them and always find something new that you may have missed before.

QuoteWhy not just put him in the Cena role from his first WWE title run. Just have Bry face down a different monster.
Because it would be awful. The last time that sorta worked was when Bret Hart had his first title run. People even got sick of Hogan doing it and that method more or less started with him.

They can afford to do that with Cena because he's their perfect vanilla top face. He can be WWE's version of edgy, all while being completely milquetoast. They tried to do the same with Sheamus and Del Rio and it didn't work because they didn't become popular being white guys from Boston who appealed to dudebros.

I apologize for the double-post but was that really called for? I'm guessing you don't have kids or a girlfriend.
I don't know if it was called for but it was certainly warranted. He's been giving me shit for days on end and I find it weird that he's harping on me like he is. It's like seeing a cockroach by your dinner plate. Sure it ain't on your food, but that don't mean you don't feel any less queasy. I just had to put my boot down.

I don't remember Albert on commentary, but I did see him on the pre and post Raw shows. Seems a little awkward to me. On the other hand, Alex Riley is solid in the commentary role.
Aren't their 4 commentators on NXT? It's overkill, and IMO, none of them stand out. They're all trying, though, that's for sure. I think each of them have potential to work on. Nobody is grating, nobody is awful - but nobody is unique yet, either.

So I guess Brock is a mild threat to Undertaker if Paul Heyman distracts him. I stand corrected, what an incredible threat Brock is. The streak is truly in jeopardy.

Also, Big E Langston is the biggest little guy I've ever seen. He's like Ultra-Tax.

iITwsQDHHVZGM.gif

*Insert bullet time sound effect*

So I guess Brock is a mild threat to Undertaker if Paul Heyman distracts him. I stand corrected, what an incredible threat Brock is. The streak is truly in jeopardy.

Also, Big E Langston is the biggest little guy I've ever seen. He's like Ultra-Tax.
Big E. reminds me of Puck or Blastaar from Marvel Comics.

That's all I got.

*exits*

That HHH video last night and the Bray Wyatt Eminem video are some of the best work WWE has done in a good long while. 

Goddamn at that HHH burial video. He didnt just bring the shovel, he traded it in for a frickin bulldozer.
It did the job it was supposed to do, that much is for certain.

I'm curious why it seemed fixated on the few guys it did, when Triple H has gone over the entire company no fewer than five times. Was Austin in it at all? Rock?

HHH is a heel and an "executive" one. In terms of self-presentation, this almost all makes sense. I wish he didn't use his witty quips to belittle Batista's choice of a homer basketball jersey - it's cheap and something like that immediately changes the temperature of the room from "serious heel overselling his dominance as a way of communicating to the audience that he's afraid of Daniel Bryan" to "herp derp jokey-time."

But the video itself was good. Triple H has maybe (and this might be way over the mark) a half-dozen matches a year at this point, so this kind of setup informs younger viewers that he bested all non-Undertaker competition during his tenure as a main event dude.

It did the job it was supposed to do, that much is for certain.

I'm curious why it seemed fixated on the few guys it did, when Triple H has gone over the entire company no fewer than five times. Was Austin in it at all? Rock?

HHH is a heel and an "executive" one. In terms of self-presentation, this almost all makes sense. I wish he didn't use his witty quips to belittle Batista's choice of a homer basketball jersey - it's cheap and something like that immediately changes the temperature of the room from "serious heel overselling his dominance as a way of communicating to the audience that he's afraid of Daniel Bryan" to "herp derp jokey-time."

But the video itself was good. Triple H has maybe (and this might be way over the mark) a half-dozen matches a year at this point, so this kind of setup informs younger viewers that he bested all non-Undertaker competition during his tenure as a main event dude.
IIRC, the promo was trying to say how all those guys were exactly in the same situation Bryan is in right now, the underdog who was about to become the next big thing (heh Steiner...right...). Then they eventually just became a flash in the pan with lame gimmicks. That's why we didnt see guys like Austin and Rock cause those guys became the biggest stars in the history of the business. I dont think they should have included Foley and Angle though cause those guys were and still are considered big names.

Also them burying Fandango. Wow, there goes any chance of him making it.

It was kinda weird to see Kurt Angle in the video package, considering how he left on bad terms and went to TNA.

I'm now expecting a skit where a lawyer serves Fandango papers saying that Fandango.com is suing him for using the "Fandango" name w/o permission and cause him to get repackaged.

Bad Influence will be on one of the DGUSA shows this weekend.  However, it's only for the live crowd.  They're saying it won't be made available on the stream or DVD.  This makes me think they're not quite done with TNA at this point.

I don't know if it's been mentioned here but I believe that the ROH/NJPW shows in May will be streamed live.  I'm disappointed that I haven't seen Kota Ibushi listed as part of the cards.  Styles/Ibushi would be a dream match for me.

Heard   Punk is to interfer in the    undertaker  match       not sure if hes going to make  taker lose or win   but  punk should be at wm

I dont think they should have included Foley and Angle though cause those guys were and still are considered big names.
I thought I'd read or heard in shoots/various interviews that Haitch thinks Foley would be nowhere without his "rub", when really it's the complete opposite.

Bad Influence will be on one of the DGUSA shows this weekend. However, it's only for the live crowd. They're saying it won't be made available on the stream or DVD. This makes me think they're not quite done with TNA at this point.

I don't know if it's been mentioned here but I believe that the ROH/NJPW shows in May will be streamed live. I'm disappointed that I haven't seen Kota Ibushi listed as part of the cards. Styles/Ibushi would be a dream match for me.
Styles might be replacing Devitt in NJPW.

IIRC, the promo was trying to say how all those guys were exactly in the same situation Bryan is in right now, the underdog who was about to become the next big thing (heh Steiner...right...).
Huh. I guess I can see that - but Booker? Steiner? RVD? That approach only works if you ignore their collective (impressive) bodies of work outside the WWF/E. Which I'm sure the company does.

Any of you guys from the Memphis area?  I'm working my ways towards New Orleans and was hoping to find somewhere in Memphis where there might be some old wrestling memorabilia, but I haven't found anything so far.

IIRC, the promo was trying to say how all those guys were exactly in the same situation Bryan is in right now, the underdog who was about to become the next big thing (heh Steiner...right...). Then they eventually just became a flash in the pan with lame gimmicks. That's why we didnt see guys like Austin and Rock cause those guys became the biggest stars in the history of the business. I dont think they should have included Foley and Angle though cause those guys were and still are considered big names.

Is there video of Fandango being buried?

Any of you guys from the Memphis area? I'm working my ways towards New Orleans and was hoping to find somewhere in Memphis where there might be some old wrestling memorabilia, but I haven't found anything so far.
I used to live in Memphis. I lived in Midtown, hence Midtown is Memphis.

Anyway, I left in June 2012 back to Los Angeles. I heard that Jerry The King Lawler opened up a museum last year dedicated to Memphis Wrestling. It's on Getwell and the 240. Maybe someone there might guide you to more memorabilia. Good luck.

Finders fee? Overnight me some Central BBQ Ribs. (LOL j/k) One of the things I miss in Memphis.

Network wasn't in good shape last night, trying to watch the 1993 Royal Rumble and I couldn't get past the first 10 mins.

Could be my internet of course but I fear for Sunday.

Network wasn't in good shape last night, trying to watch the 1993 Royal Rumble and I couldn't get past the first 10 mins.

Could be my internet of course but I fear for Sunday.
waiting for the class action lawsuits come sunday and the network being gone by summer.. i still say this is a test run trying to get this placed on Cable ... ALSO got to wonder how long cable will show basic wwe shows i mean the network has to kill the cable PPV rates.

network 60 bucks for 6 months

WM is 60 bucks just for that show alone

waiting for the class action lawsuits come sunday and the network being gone by summer.. i still say this is a test run trying to get this placed on Cable ... ALSO got to wonder how long cable will show basic wwe shows i mean the network has to kill the cable PPV rates.

network 60 bucks for 6 months

WM is 60 bucks just for that show alone
I dont know why you are so against the WWE Network, but everyone who has it seems to love it. You are insane if you truly think this will be gone by summer. If anything major happens it will be them taking live PPVs off the Network and putting them on it a week or so later.

I do expect WMXXX to be next to unwatchable when it airs live. I also would imagine if I am right about that they will offer something to make up for it, a free month or two of the Network or something. Maybe send the Miz to every subscribers house so we can all beat on him for a few minutes.

Internet programming will never put cable tv programming out of business, but this is the future and how more and more people watch their shows. To want to put this on cable alone would be a major step backwards. Unless they had some sort of deal where you get the cable channel, plus the internet stuff along with it.

I think you should just hook your Xbox up to the tv and pay the $10 monthly fee and enjoy what is a great thing for wrestling fans.

I agree with Musha in that for $10 a month it is a great service, last night is the only problem I've had with it, the 2 things I watched before that worked great.

The amount of content is kind of incredible.

Like I said hopefully it was just my internet, I guess worst case on Sunday I'll just switch to one of the less legal ways of watching it, I've paid for it after all.

I didn't mind the video, and truth be told, I thought Angle being included might be a sign that the rumors of him returning in September are true (I here for HoF induction and a training gig on NxT), but them burying Fandango like that... Wow, just seemed wrong on so many levels. (And least Trips said the "Kid has got talent" but, yeah, not so great...)

Your cable company really has no say on the basic WWE shows... Its up to the cable channels themselves and, truth be told, the network hasn't hurt RAW ratings... Its been and still is the number 1 rated show since the network launched.

Hell, I even finally caved and bought the network yesterday. I watched the 93 Halloween Havoc match between Vader and Cactus Jack and then watched the countdown on blunders. I actually enjoyed what i have seen so far. My only issue is wanting to watch old episodes of Nitro and Saturday night and them not being on there yet I guess.

My WWE network was kinda blocky last night and even my MLBTV app was acting up on my ps4 and ps3.  Was watching the Braves game last night and it keep buffering and I'm running a 105MB internet speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back