The Simpsons Game - Gen. Discussion

According to Meerkatgamer, the preorder bonuses, well atleast the Homerball, is in stores right now. (see http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3376882 ) However, I would say it may just be that region of the country, with everywhere else too soon follow. Not to go off topic, but anyone know if I can switch my $5 down on Dewy's Adventure(to get the plush) for The Simpsons Game, so I can get the Homerball? (because I will probably get Dewy with the TRU B2G1 sale)
And damn, this game is looking nicer and nicer every day!

Yeah feel free to move your $5 but you won't get your Dewy's Adventure plush.

So I guess Gamestop is the definitive retailer for the Homerball. Gamecrazy might get it too... Someone at GS today lured me into preordering the game saying that I'll have one saved for me if I preorder. I printed off the teamxbox.com article and when he saw the Homerball pic he goes "yeah that's being given out with reservations." He said it like he's seen it before. Him saying that gave me some sense that they will get the Homerball so I preordered. He had no idea about the posters. He's damn good at persuasion though. Ha I guess that's how he's the only one at that store that keeps his job.

No luck with Simpsons pre-order junk from my local GS today. I'll be preordering for the poster and whatever else as soon as I can...

I called 2 local GS/EB and they both had no clue what I was talking about. Why do people work at a videogame store when they don't keep up with what's going on?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I called 2 local GS/EB and they both had no clue what I was talking about. Why do people work at a videogame store when they don't keep up with what's going on?[/quote]'Cause that would make sense, pure and simple. We can't have that, now can we?

I'll toss this one a pre-order, once I know I can get a Homerball. Otherwise, no thanks.

So the Medal of Homer poster will be coming along with a pre-order from Target? Just want to make sure, I have to have that poster. Screw the ball.

Stopped by GS and they still don't know when they will be in, was told that most likely when the game ships but seems unlikely since the Simpsons Game website is running a contest that involves taking pictures of your Homer ball.

You can pre-order on the Gamestop/Ebgames Website
Bartman Poster (packaged in game) and Homerball
As of posting the 360 version does not have the bonus items yet though
Link

[quote name='darth007']Yeah feel free to move your $5 but you won't get your Dewy's Adventure plush. [/quote]

No, no, you misunderstood. I already have the Dewy plush, so anyone know if I can switch the preorder, and get the Homerball with no hastle?

And as seen here: http://www.ea.com/simpsons/homerball.jsp , the Homerball doesn't look too big, but definitely worth preordering the game for. We NEED an employee at EB/GS to tell us when these things are in store!

Oh, well in that case it should not be a hassle to switch. Just make sure you don't get the same employee that gave you the plush.

Well now that we know the posters will be inside the game case I can finally end my quest to find them. The only preorder bonus now is the Homerball. I'm gonna guess they'll arrive in next week's shipment.

I preordered this earlier today cause the guy was real helpful and thought I'd toss him $5. He was stoked about the Homerball too and said they'd likely get them with the game but they would call me. I might swing by tomorrow to bug them bout it since they should be out early.

I might just bite the shipping bullet (can't get free shipping deals where I am) and order online for the bonus.

thesimpsons_gtsposter.jpg

EA has revealed it had to remove a GTA spoof level of The Simpsons Game after Rockstar asked to be taken down.

"I was always under the impression that when you do parody, it's a sign of respect... If we make fun of Grand Theft Auto, we're not going to hurt the sales of Grand Theft Auto... But yeah, we've definitely had some reactions - we've had to pull stuff from the game," The Simpsons lead designer Greg Rizzer revealed to CVG.

Rizzer revealed that at this year's Games Convention in Leipzig, someone at Rockstar took offence at a poster for 'Grand Theft Scratchy', one of the levels in the game, and asked that it be taken down.

But not every company felt the same way after seeing its franchise being parodied in The Simpsons Game.

"I don't know if you've seen Sitar Hero? We did Apu playing this 60-button controller and songs like Pour Some Curry On Me" said Rizzer. "We made this wonderful parody poster and the guys from Harmonix loved it and we sent them 20 copies of the poster. They just loved it so much."

Unfortunately, Activision’s Red Octane is the publisher of Guitar Hero so even if Harmonix was cool with the spoof, its publisher could still follow Rockstar’s way.
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14727/The-Simpsons-Game-EA-Had-to-Remove-GTA-Parody/

I wonder if EA removed it because they thought that they might get sued or because they'd like to buy them out some day...either way, that sucks.

I could be wrong, but I read that news on some other sites and it was not clear to me that the GTA-themed level was actually removed from the game -- only that they had to remove a GTA parody poster that was up at E3 (or was that PAX?). According to Wikipedia, the GTA parody is central to the game's plot (it's an itchy and scratchy-based version that marge is trying to get outlawed). Can anyone confirm?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14727/The-Simpsons-Game-EA-Had-to-Remove-GTA-Parody/

I wonder if EA removed it because they thought that they might get sued or because they'd like to buy them out some day...either way, that sucks.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that site takes an already confusing report and misinterprets it even more. Not sure how he makes the leap from a poster to a level, he just substitutes a word at random.
All we know is this: A poster was removed at Leipzig. A developer is quoted as saying "we've had to pull stuff from the game". What exactly was pulled from the game is not known.

[quote name='Damian']Wow, that site takes an already confusing report and misinterprets it even more. Not sure how he makes the leap from a poster to a level, he just substitutes a word at random.
All we know is this: A poster was removed at Leipzig. A developer is quoted as saying "we've had to pull stuff from the game". What exactly was pulled from the game is not known.[/quote]

While the quote doesn't reveal exactly what's removed it is incinuated:
"I was always under the impression that when you do parody, it's a sign of respect... If we make fun of Grand Theft Auto, we're not going to hurt the sales of Grand Theft Auto... But yeah, we've definitely had some reactions - we've had to pull stuff from the game," The Simpsons lead designer Greg Rizzer revealed to CVG.

Looks like i'll be ordering online so I get my Homerball and poster unless a deal comes along between now and release. What stores have the Call of Duty poster? That's the one I really wanted....

The demo be up - as of very late Sunday night/early Monday AM ;).

I am getting it now but I can't possibly stay up any longer to play it. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. I have high hopes and don't want them to be dashed...

Hows the demo?

Also, that is gay on Rockstars part. They parody everything, and yet don't let other do the same to them? That is so hypocritical.

I'm guessing it's the same demo as the one for the PS3. I thought it was pretty bad... They did a good job with capturing the look and feel of the show, but the gameplay is severely lacking.

Going to download the demo now, hopefully it will be good. As for the achievements, They seem like they could take some time, but aren't extremely hard, as long as the time trial type thing isn't impossibly hard.

Played the PS3 demo and it's definitely got the Simpsons' feel and look. The camera was a definite problem, though, especially near walls. It was pretty frustrating trying to get to the second and third weak point of the donut guy.

Just played the demo from the 360..

The camera was hard to use, but it's do-able,

The game was great overall feel, like the Simpsons (like people have said)

I think i'll buy this one

I played the PS3 demo and thought it was rather confusing...didn't know what I was trying to do, although I didn't read any prompts and I only had about 2 minutes to try it out.

Camera controls are a big problem when near a building. You can't bring the camera behind you to see over your shoulder when your back is to a building. It pans back to your front so you see yourself standing against the wall. This will probably be a rental.

I played the demo late last night. Maybe its cos I was tired, but I did not enjoy it very much. The camera was horrible, and the controls were confusing.

I want to go back and try it again cos the game looks awesome, and of course the voice acting is top notch. But that camera....

Sometimes I think Im the only person in the world that would be sastisfied with a 2D Simpsons game.

Overall I enjoyed the demo. Camera issues aside I had fun playing it. Looking forward to the final product. BTW, you can play two-player split screen co-op in the demo!

I inverted the camera in the options to make it a bit more usable, its still a pain that theres no camera centering button. You'd think it would be easily applied to the lock-on button for Bart.

My favorite thing so far was when Homer exclaimed "double.. Jump!" during a double jump. Hilarious!

[quote name='deadite76']Overall I enjoyed the demo. Camera issues aside I had fun playing it. Looking forward to the final product. BTW, you can play two-player split screen co-op in the demo![/QUOTE]

Yes! I played with my friend and we had a blast! That level was KINDA hard for a demo! It was pretty fun! I hope the whole game is a bit challenging and that much fun in co-op.

The Comic Book Guy was hilarious, I jumped in the water and he said something about "Don't you know you can't swim til the sequals"

getting on that guys back was kinda hard, but I enjoyed it. The partner AI is off, bart died and I switched to homer and bart kept falling in the water until I got near his spawn point and switched. It's like a 7.5-8.0ish game. Reminds me of Lego Star Wars almost. The camera really adds uneccessary difficulty to the game though. I like the temporary invincibility power-up
Also, the camera with center behind you when you click the right joystick.

I thought the demo was fun I wish it was longer but it was pretty good. I'll probably pick this up at launch along with the Homerball and poster. :D

anyone else find this to be frustratingly hard? it would take me forever to hit the second button, and when i did, he wasnt near anything for bart to float up and on his back.

it was some major bull shit.

bread's done
Back