The Simpsons Game - Gen. Discussion

This is definitely on my radar... Might be one of the few 360 games I buy at full price this fall. Though I may want this on the Wii instead. First, of course, the game needs to come out with overwhelmingly positive reviews.

I like the "on every platform ever made" at the end of the trailer showing logos of (among other things) the Nintendo 64 :lol:.

[quote name='io']This is definitely on my radar... Might be one of the few 360 games I buy at full price this fall. Though I may want this on the Wii instead. First, of course, the game needs to come out with overwhelmingly positive reviews.

I like the "on every platform ever made" at the end of the trailer showing logos of (among other things) the Nintendo 64 :lol:.[/quote]

:rofl: Didn't notice that, thats awesome :bow:

Would be nice if I could PLAY Cloning Clyde....but I cannot since my 360 is dead. Just give me the Simpsons one to replace my POS one.

You ALL need to see the GameSpot Stage Demo for this game. It will make you poop your pants. It looks amazing, full of Simpsons references and fan service, as well as a ton of awesome video game references and homages.

But hey, too bad most CAG's won't be able to play it, what with their EA boycotts and all....:booty:

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']You ALL need to see the GameSpot Stage Demo for this game. It will make you poop your pants. It looks amazing, full of Simpsons references and fan service, as well as a ton of awesome video game references and homages.

But hey, too bad most CAG's won't be able to play it, what with their EA boycotts and all....:booty:[/QUOTE]

I'm just more surprised that YOU, of all people, are positive about a game! :booty:

[quote name='io']I'm just more surprised that YOU, of all people, are positive about a game! :booty:[/quote]I'm positive about games, you just need to know where to look.

Seriously, though, there's no reason why this game can't be good (despite coming from EA ;)). It's not like it was on a rushed schedule to coincide with the movie release in a few weeks. Actually, I'm quite surprised there isn't a "Simpson's Movie" game. So kudos to whoever was responsible for not heaving that upon us, and instead making a REAL Simpson's game (hopefully a good one).

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']You ALL need to see the GameSpot Stage Demo for this game. It will make you poop your pants. It looks amazing, full of Simpsons references and fan service, as well as a ton of awesome video game references and homages.

But hey, too bad most CAG's won't be able to play it, what with their EA boycotts and all....:booty:[/quote]

I saw it, it does look awesome. I don't think it will be great but it should be at least decent.

I really want this game to be good. A game that isn't just Tony Hawk, Crazy Taxi, or GTA with a Simpsons wrapping could be really cool. (That's not to say I didn't enjoy Road Rage).

[quote name='Kevlar281']New "Grand Theft Scratchy" vid.[/QUOTE]

Love it. Saw it the other day. I was waiting for a low camera shot with Homer or someone running towards the screen with explosions behind him. Didn't come. Oh well.

Can't wait to play this game!

Update 9/18: Preorder goodies announced:
The Simpsons Game Pre-Order Campaign Revealed

Electronic Arts will unleash their pre-order campaign for the upcoming title, The Simpsons Game. Four of the biggest game retailers (GameStop, Wal-Mart, Target and Best Buy) will each have an exclusive, limited edition The Simpsons Game Parody Poster for early customers. Each Poster is representative of an in-game parody featured in the new title. In addition, each retailer will have a specifically created cheat code printed on the back of the game posters to open some of the unlockable content in the game. These are all while supplies last.

1190147829.jpg

Also at participating chains, a limited number of customers will receive the rare Homerball!

1190147828.jpg

Based on Homer’s special in game powers, Homerball is Homer’s dream come true; turning into a giant, rolling ball that can eat and eat and eat without ever getting full. As an added bonus, Homerball can smash walls, burst over ramps, and knock back enemies. Behold the ball!

• Four Different Limited Edition The Simpsons Game Parody Posters
• Limited Homerball Figure

Parody Posters Available from: GameStop, Wal-Mart, Target and Best Buy

Homerball Available from Participating Retailers While Supplies Last

Beginning September 19th, 2007
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14564/The-Simpsons-Game-PreOrder-Campaign-Revealed/

I must get one of each :shock:

I must also get 1 of each. If not I'll be happy with the Homerball and first poster. Let's hope the 4 stores get their stuff tomorrow.

man, hardcore simpsons fans are gonna get all 4 posters i bet. if i were to preorder one i'd go for the medal of homer poster

My favorites of the posters, in order: Big Super Happy Fun-Fun Game > Medal of Homer > Bartman > Everquest. What I really want is that Homerball though, and when they say "Limited Homerball Figure" I hope they don't mean like it is hard plastic, as I would expect it so be squeeze-able. I just hope the Homerball isn't limited to CC, as that is the only main store not getting a preorder bonus, but when they say participating stores, I would assume, it could mean all of the other four. Damn, this game is getting more tempting than ever!

Wait, so are they actually going to have this stuff tomorrow?? I preordered the Wii version way back during one of the trade-in deals. But I want to switch it to the 360 version. I suppose I could head in there and make the switch and get my stuff. But I guess I'd better call first to see what they have for a bonus. Usually they don't give this stuff out till you pick up the game, so it is strange to do it so early if it is tomorrow...

[quote name='io']Wait, so are they actually going to have this stuff tomorrow?? I preordered the Wii version way back during one of the trade-in deals. But I want to switch it to the 360 version. I suppose I could head in there and make the switch and get my stuff. But I guess I'd better call first to see what they have for a bonus. Usually they don't give this stuff out till you pick up the game, so it is strange to do it so early if it is tomorrow...[/quote]

That's what I thought but some places give them out early. I missed out on the Spider-Man poster and Transformer poster since they gave them out early.

[quote name='io']Wait, so are they actually going to have this stuff tomorrow?? I preordered the Wii version way back during one of the trade-in deals. But I want to switch it to the 360 version. I suppose I could head in there and make the switch and get my stuff. But I guess I'd better call first to see what they have for a bonus. Usually they don't give this stuff out till you pick up the game, so it is strange to do it so early if it is tomorrow...[/quote]

My guess would be some stores might have the posters tomorrow, but no one will have the Homerballs. I would think some stores would wait until after Halo 3 comes out to start any preorders for a major game(ie, my Target had Madden reserve cards out for the longest time, then after Madden came out, that shelf space went to Halo 3 reserve cards, next Simpsons reserve cards?) I think, and hope, that the posters are kinda like the Pokemon stylii, preorder the game, get the stylus. However, the Homerball might come in stores a little before the game is release, maybe?

[quote name='mrcheapo11']My guess would be some stores might have the posters tomorrow, but no one will have the Homerballs. I would think some stores would wait until after Halo 3 comes out to start any preorders for a major game(ie, my Target had Madden reserve cards out for the longest time, then after Madden came out, that shelf space went to Halo 3 reserve cards, next Simpsons reserve cards?) I think, and hope, that the posters are kinda like the Pokemon stylii, preorder the game, get the stylus. However, the Homerball might come in stores a little before the game is release, maybe?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're probably right. The question is, is it worth driving 25 miles round trip to switch my preorder tomorrow and get the poster :whistle2:k...

[quote name='io']Yeah, you're probably right. The question is, is it worth driving 25 miles round trip to switch my preorder tomorrow and get the poster :whistle2:k...[/quote]

Meh, if you have to go out of your way, it would probably be better just to wait until someone confirms that this is in store, so you don't go out of your way to change the preorder, and not get the poster...

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I love how they don't mind having real guns with real bullets, instead of like laserguns or something so it would be "kid friendly".

HOMERBALL!!11!

Must...have...pre-order...junk...:drool:
homer_drool-740916.gif

I would find somewhere to put a "Medal of Homer" or "NeverQuest" poster fo' sho'.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']Meh, if you have to go out of your way, it would probably be better just to wait until someone confirms that this is in store, so you don't go out of your way to change the preorder, and not get the poster...
[/QUOTE]

Well, obviously not only would I wait for confirmation here but I'd call them too to make sure I would get the poster before I drove there. I'm STILL not sure given all that if it is worth it though. I do kind of like that big super happy fun-fun game poster though :lol:.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Looks like each system will get a different cover...Ofcourse Homer is happier on the X360 ;)

[/quote]
:rofl: at Homer being not only happy on the 360, but angry as hell on the PS3.

I'm definitely pre-ordering it just for the bonuses, too bad there wasn't a Grand Theft Scratchy poster.

[quote name='Maklershed']Whoa!! I want the Homer ball and the super happy fun-fun poster!![/QUOTE]
Me too! I was just talking to a GS guy how they need to give me something cool to preorder.

I just preordered this today too. I'm going to have to go up there tommorow to get my pre order bonus. I'm really liking the DS cover with the bunnies

I just called 2 Gamestops and neither had them or had ever heard of them or knew whether they were coming or not. Great promo :roll:.

That trailer was amazing. +1 respect to EA for the rip on Gamestop and it coming out on "everything". This game looks really fun.

So I guess today is too early to get in on the pre-order bonus? Did anyone confirm when the posters and such are going to be available? Got slammed at work and couldn't even take a lunch break today. :(

Do you get the posters with ANY version of the game?

So (hypothetically speaking, since I'm not even in the US :( ....), if I went to the 4 different stores and pre-ordered the DS, Wii, PSP, and PS3 versions I could get the four posters?

Dammit. I wanna go back to Chicago. :cry:

Wow they must be breaking some sort of record releasing on all those systems.:rofl: You got to love everyone involved in this game. Parody is a beautiful thing.

bread's done
Back