The "Stay Classy, Republicans" Super Nintendo Chalmers Thread

[quote name='Strell']Deflection HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/QUOTE]

Deflection from what? The claim was made that Mr. Rogers is "evil" for telling children that each and every one of them is special. Therefore, I'm asking - is each and every one of us special? If so, why? It's a fair question.

Here's a glimpse of your tactic: Let's not talk about Fox News and their republican idiocy lambasting a guy who totally doesn't deserve it, and did nothing but try and build up kids' self esteem while providing wholesome entertainment.

I'm not going to fall into arguing with you about this. They called the man evil. That's fucked up. So fuck them and fuck your poor tasteless attempt to veer this off into tangential territory where you inevitably come back and say hurfFoxNewsisn'tbad.

There's something to be said about self-righteousness and entitlement - but that's a consequence of first-world society and *empire*, not Mister fucking Rogers and his sweater-switching.

Want to see self-righteous entitlement in action? Go back and look at the national and media response to John Kerry's suggestion, during a 2004 debate w/ Preisdent Bush, that American military actions should "pass a global test" of sorts, as opposed to engaging in unilateral pre-emptive warfare.

Let me see if I understand the Strell train of logic here.

FOX News is bad because they said 'something'. We're not allowed to actually discuss the 'something' FOX News said. We can only accept it as fact that the 'something' they said was incorrect - and therefore they're bad.

This is just a question - do you prefer bucklers or tower shields? And do you have stats on just how many arrows whose trajectory you've successfully altered?

[quote name='Strell']This is just a question - do you prefer bucklers or tower shields? And do you have stats on just how many arrows whose trajectory you've successfully altered?[/QUOTE]

FOX News is bad because they did a story on medieval weaponry?

[quote name='JolietJake']:rofl:

I'd just like to say that i think you're special, Bob.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I guess I thought we were actually supposed to discuss the subject posted. I didn't know all Strell wanted was for everyone to nod in silent agreement with him.

I'm not going to discuss Mr. Rogers being evil, the guy was the most mild mannered tv show i ever remember watching, unless it's proven that he was a child molester or something, he wasn't evil.

It pisses me off when i hear older generations complaining about the next or later generation. You all raised us as parents/grandparents, we turned out the way you let us. If you want to bitch about us, bitch to a mirror.

[quote name='UncleBob']I dunno. I guess I thought we were actually supposed to discuss the subject posted. I didn't know all Strell wanted was for everyone to nod in silent agreement with him.[/QUOTE]

I deliberately go out of my way to not insult you directly, and it's a goddamn shame you're too busy playing bullshit meta games when it comes to voicing your opinions.

Fox News said bullshit. I say its bullshit. Your response is "I want to know what the particular odor the bullshit carries."

You call out people for being babies, when it's you who threw the fucking hissy fit over something I said, and now repeatedly wipe your ass on everything I say.

So fuck off or be an adult, and don't deflect this away just because I'm using adult four letter words.

You, of course, are free to your opinions, Strell.

You can say that the claim made by FOX News is bull. To an extent, I agree with you.
But, admit it, you had no intentions of even discussing the subject matter beyond your initial purpose of this entire thread - "Hey, look what some crazy conservative said this week!".

You have no interest in an honest discussion about what you posted.

[quote name='JolietJake']It pisses me off when i hear older generations complaining about the next or later generation. You all raised us as parents/grandparents, we turned out the way you let us. If you want to bitch about us, bitch to a mirror.[/QUOTE]

meehhhhh... I generally dislike children and the lackluster "parents" that psudo-take care of their needs, but at some point an adult has to start being an adult. You can only blame Bush your parents for your own failings for so long before it just starts to get kinda sad.

[quote name='UncleBob']You, of course, are free to your opinions, Strell.

You can say that the claim made by FOX News is bull. To an extent, I agree with you.
But, admit it, you had no intentions of even discussing the subject matter beyond your initial purpose of this entire thread - "Hey, look what some crazy conservative said this week!".

You have no interest in an honest discussion about what you posted.[/QUOTE]

There isn't much to discuss. Fox News called Mister Rogers evil. That would be akin to somebody claiming our atmosphere is 90% Argon or the sun really is Apollo in a chariot.

If you want to post a non sequitur, have at it but make sure you're going off on a tangent as opposed advancing the discussion.

The FOX News talking head called Mr. Rogers evil for telling kids they were special.

If everyone isn't special, did Mr. Rogers not lie to millions of kids?

I don't know if I'd use the word "evil", but I wouldn't particularly call that an honest man. To be fair though, Rogers was a god-fearing individual, so I don't believe his intentions were dishonest.

[quote name='UncleBob']The FOX News talking head called Mr. Rogers evil for telling kids they were special.

I don't know if I'd use the word "evil", but I wouldn't particularly call that an honest man. To be fair though, Rogers was a god-fearing individual, so I don't believe his intentions were dishonest.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNwHtZTH06A

[quote name='UncleBob']The FOX News talking head called Mr. Rogers evil for telling kids they were special.

I don't know if I'd use the word "evil", but I wouldn't particularly call that an honest man. To be fair though, Rogers was a god-fearing individual, so I don't believe his intentions were dishonest.[/QUOTE]

Haha you want to play semantics, I'll bite.

Any parent worth anything will feel great affection towards their children. In this sense the child will be special, because the only child (or children) that can make them feel that transcendent sense of love and affection are their own.

IMO this is the "special" that Mr. Rogers is refering to. Kids daydream about being astronauts, firemen, or the President but that's mostly a fantasy. Having self-esteem and a supportive family is a much greater need for kids, and Mr. Rogers is just helping them get the message that they are important to someone, and that their accomplishments, whether society considers them great or small, do matter.

[quote name='UncleBob']meehhhhh... I generally dislike children and the lackluster "parents" that psudo-take care of their needs, but at some point an adult has to start being an adult. You can only blame Bush your parents for your own failings for so long before it just starts to get kinda sad.[/QUOTE]
Well when someone says "kids these day" they're generally talking about, you know, kids. If you're pissed about some kids wearing his pants around his kneses, then ask why the hell his parents let him dress like that.

If you think an entire generation has an entitlement mentality, think about why. Here's a hint, it ain't Mr. Rogers. If you think it was, then why the hell did you let your kids watch it then?

I know most conservatives like to ignore the role that environment has in the development of children, but it's very important.

And again, i know the "greatest generation" likes to complain about baby boomers too, every generation likes to bitch about how the newest generation sucks, without asking why.

It's just another example of Republicans being pissed at someone that basically uses Jesus' teachings. Mr. Rogers showed that compassion and empathy are the best ways to learn about people and processes. He also taught that the best way to learn something is through first hand observation. You might not have ever though about going to the water treatment plant or firehouse but he did and you got to meet the people and see what happens.

Maybe he should've sat in his chair and just said, "None of you are special. One day, a dirty Mexican will take your job and laugh when you ask to see his green card. Your kids will be strung out on drugs regardless of what you teach them. Your child will get into a homosexual relationship if he watches any amount of television. Guns are awesome you should all own one if you want to be a true American. The government will take your house and give it to some lazy black woman with five kids by five different men. Those kids will grow up to sell drugs and rob you. The government sucks unless we need it to wage needless war in far off lands. Then we need it to be strong and huge. Oh, and don't ever look weak. The world and our neighbors have to know we're harder than we are."

[quote name='depascal22']It's just another example of Republicans being pissed at someone that basically uses Jesus' teachings.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, in this case it's Fox news not Repubicans. Even some Republicans are starting to realize how disassociated with reality Fox news has become lately.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/236309

David Frum in that Newsweek article: "Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us, and now we're discovering we work for Fox…The thing that sustains a strong Fox network is the thing that undermines a strong Republican Party."

This is also the same guy who was summarily fired from the AEI (or was it another think tank?) for writing an op-ed on how the Republican Party's uniform unwillingness to do anything but vote "no" or clutter up discourse was going to politically harm them.

Moderate (R)s are coming out of the woodwork by either leaving the party or getting kicked out. Says quite a bit about the party.

I like David Frum, but was he as vocal before the vote as he is now that the HCR bill is law? I don't follow his blogs as much as I should, but I'd like to hope he was consistent with his message (and the volume of it) back then.

I think his 'waterloo' op-ed preceded the HCRA vote by mere days.

Which puts him in the same boat, I reckon, as those people who turned against Bush in mid/late-2008, and today act like they disagreed with his entire 8 years as President.

Yeah I'm browsing through his blog postings on frumforum.com, I can't find anything pre-healthcare vote that matches the rhetoric or even the arguments he makes in the 'waterloo' thing.

So, yeah, its great that he's saying it now. Why wasn't he saying it before?

So... Rogers enabled generations of parents to feel warm and fuzzy about sitting their children in front of the idiot box instead of interacting with them. He substituted real love and affection, enabling parents to ignore their children. That's a hero. :D

[quote name='Strell']Here's a glimpse of your tactic: Let's not talk about Fox News and their republican idiocy lambasting a guy who totally doesn't deserve it, and did nothing but try and build up kids' self esteem while providing wholesome entertainment.

I'm not going to fall into arguing with you about this. [/QUOTE]

Don't feed the troll everyone.

[quote name='Strell']Don't feed the troll everyone.[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys, got off subject.

Durrr... FoxNews is teh stupid. Cool story, bro. If you disagree with me, yer a racist. Also, I'm a grown adult because I can type four letters together on the keyboard that makes naughty words and therefore I'm special. Stay classy, bro.

You consistently veer every discussion you enter into onto some wayward course that's never centered on the original subject. It's like watching an oil fire be put out by snuffing it with an explosion nearby - suck out all the oxygen and kill it all.

That is your tactic. That's always been your tactic. And sadly, we put up with it and inch further and further away from whatever the topic proper is onto your ridiculous tangents. For you, Fox News did nothing wrong by comparing a kid's celebrity TV show host to people like vicious dictators and terrorists. So, you start into the rhetorics bullshit about how "What does special really mean?" and then parlay that into "He was lying," and finally into "Oh he's being a lackadaisical non-parent replacement as PBS foists the idea that he gives real emotional parental welfare onto his many clueless brainless stupid young viewers."

You're a million steps away from anything even remotely close to where we began. I knew this was the road you'd travel down, and that's why I said as much on the previous page. That is classic troll behavior, and now you're veering away even from that with your usual pettiness and childish foot stamping. "You used a curse word because you CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" And we buy into this shit-eating-grin-facade every goddamn time, hopelessly falling into the Republican trap of never ever focusing on the problem at hand, and instead telling people to go shopping at malls, or stay the course, or whatever bullshit soundbyte is the soup du jour.

Just give it up. You're in this thread to troll, that's all you'll ever do in this thread, and for some reason, we're still taking the bait.

Go contact Shrike a few more times to get onto people the arguing with you. And don't even try to fucking tell me you're not guilty of that on repeated instances.

[quote name='Strell']For you, Fox News did nothing wrong by comparing a kid's celebrity TV show host to people like vicious dictators and terrorists.[/QUOTE]

Ah, wasn't aware that was how I felt. Glad you could clear it up for me. Thanks, man. Cool story and all.

And yes, I've contacted moderators on more than one occasion when someone has been purposely flaming me or other members of this forum. Including one case where someone I had on ignore was just constantly and repeatedly attacking me for no reason other than to try to get my attention (assuming he didn't know he was on ignore). I'm all for civil discussion. I'm not for vicious attacks, insults and flaming. If that's what you want, more power to you. It seems to fit your tactics pretty well.

Your complete absence of addressing them as the catalyst aint my game. That's your fumble. Sorry I'm totally calling you out for it because that's what you are doing.

Yes, FOX News sucks. We all know that. Them calling Mr. Rogers evil is less than 0.0001% of the reason why they suck. Your entire point was to take a sensationalist approach to demonize something you don't like. I mean, you'd never do that or anything.

I'm sorry that I derailed your attempt to blow something completely out of proportions. By, you know, actually discussing the merits of your claim and all.

[quote name='IRHari']Yeah I'm browsing through his blog postings on frumforum.com, I can't find anything pre-healthcare vote that matches the rhetoric or even the arguments he makes in the 'waterloo' thing.

So, yeah, its great that he's saying it now. Why wasn't he saying it before?[/QUOTE]

Paycheck.

[quote name='Strell']Your complete absence of addressing them as the catalyst aint my game. That's your fumble. Sorry I'm totally calling you out for it because that's what you are doing.[/QUOTE]

It seems you are the one that is veering the discussion off topic. We are talking about UncleBob instead of fox news calling mr rogers evil.

If someone told me someone called a beloved famous person evil I would want to know why. I wouldnt start bashing the person without first discussing why they think he is evil. It is basic debating man, you have to discuss the points at hand before everyone jumps on board the hating train. UncleBob has said repeatedly he doesnt think Mr. Rogers was evil, but he wants to discuss why Fox said that he was.

[quote name='Knoell']It seems you are the one that is veering the discussion off topic. We are talking about UncleBob instead of fox news calling mr rogers evil.

If someone told me someone called a beloved famous person evil I would want to know why. I wouldnt start bashing the person without first discussing why they think he is evil. It is basic debating man, you have to discuss the points at hand before everyone jumps on board the hating train. UncleBob has said repeatedly he doesnt think Mr. Rogers was evil, but he wants to discuss why Fox said that he was.[/QUOTE]

It is debatable that Mr. Rogers was evil? Really? When did that happen?

People say 9/11 was set up by the government. Let's not bash the truthers. Let's discuss why they think it was set up by the government. Because it is basic debating man, we should discuss this because it is completely possible. /endsarcasm

I heard that Eureka's castle was actually section 8 housing. Lazy fucking dragon and bat leeching off everyone else....

[quote name='JolietJake']I heard that Eureka's castle was actually section 8 housing. Lazy fucking dragon and bat leeching off everyone else....[/QUOTE]

Knoell wants to deport Dora the Explorer.

I never really watched Mr. Rogers. I remember Bill Nye the Science Guy (though I was 7 when that started airing and Mr. Rogers was on starting in 196-motherfucking-8). That was a good American capitalist show, unlike that Soviet commie comrade Rogers.

[quote name='SpazX']I never really watched Mr. Rogers. I remember Bill Nye the Science Guy (though I was 7 when that started airing and Mr. Rogers was on starting in 196-motherfucking-8). That was a good American capitalist show, unlike that Soviet commie comrade Rogers.[/QUOTE]

Bill Nye is on the right wing hatelists now too for being outspoken about global warming.

[quote name='Msut77']Bill Nye is on the right wing hatelists now too for being outspoken about global warming.[/QUOTE]

I should have known! Damn Hollywood liberal elite! All these damn communists with shows about science and learning and being confident. Why isn't there a show for kids about how to start a business and hide your money from the government?

Do we have a network that's a polar opposite of Fox news? Why are they stuck only reporting all the "special" news.

As for UBob's query on why Fox news is Fox news... why doesn't he just contact them? 1-888-369-4762

I thought this was pretty interesting. The Jews think Pokemon is anti-semetic, and the Muslims think it promotes zionism. The Christians think Pokemon is both occult and materialistic. It takes a truly unique show to offend such diametically opposed viewpoints.

Morality
Pokémon has been criticized by some Christians, Jews, and Muslims. Christian concerns over Pokémon have primarily addressed perceived occult and violent themes as well as the concept of "Pokémon evolution" (which some relate to the theory of evolution), which is said to go against the Biblical creation account in Genesis,[27] which the majority of Japanese, not adhering to Christianity, do not believe in.[28] [29] The Vatican, however, has countered that the Pokémon trading card game and video games are "full of inventive imagination" and have no "harmful moral side effects".[30] In the United Kingdom, the "Christian Power Cards" game was introduced in 1999 by David Tate who stated, "Some people aren't happy with Pokémon and want an alternative, others just want Christian games." The game was similar to the Pokémon TCG but used Biblical figures.[31] In 1999, the Jewish civil rights group Anti-Defamation League pressured Nintendo to edit the image of the Pokémon trading cards for Golbat and Ditto because the cards depicted a left-facing manji, which the League interpreted as antisemitism, although these cards had been intended for sale only in Japan with Nintendo planning to release edited versions in North America the following year.[32] In 2001, Saudi Arabia banned Pokémon games and cards, alleging that the franchise promoted Zionism in violation of Muslim doctrine.[33][34] Pokémon has been accused of promoting materialism.[35] In 1999, two nine-year-old boys sued Nintendo because they claimed the Pokémon Trading Card Game caused their problematic gambling.[36]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon

[quote name='camoor']I thought this was pretty interesting. The Jews think Pokemon is anti-semetic, and the Muslims think it promotes zionism. The Christians think Pokemon is both occult and materialistic. It takes a truly unique show to offend such diametically opposed viewpoints.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon[/QUOTE]

Well it takes something that's basically a blank slate I guess. Something that is so very devoid of any actual meaning that it can be given such varying and opposing meanings.

Somehow they all missed that it's really teaching kids to bomb Pearl Harbor...

[quote name='IRHari']People say 9/11 was set up by the government. Let's not bash the truthers. Let's discuss why they think it was set up by the government. Because it is basic debating man, we should discuss this because it is completely possible. /endsarcasm[/QUOTE]

A boy scout troop could have hijacked those airplanes. Al Queda took advantage of the hostage mentality of that bygone era.

bread's done
Back