The "Stay Classy, Republicans" Super Nintendo Chalmers Thread

[quote name='IRHari']People say 9/11 was set up by the government. Let's not bash the truthers. Let's discuss why they think it was set up by the government. Because it is basic debating man, we should discuss this because it is completely possible. /endsarcasm[/QUOTE]

When fatherofcaitlyn rambles on about the conspiracy, I don't not look at the evidence because I think hes out of his mind. That would be ignorant. When I looked at the evidence he was submitting, it was telling me that people who hijacked the planes are still alive...that was where I stopped listening.

I do have to know, does this mean you consider 9/11 conspiracy buffs whackos like fox news though?

All you people wanted was another outlet to bash fox. Unclebob wanted to debate the study that fox news was citing, and theres nothing wrong with that.

[quote name='Knoell']I do have to know, does this mean you consider 9/11 conspiracy buffs whackos like fox news though?[/QUOTE]

That's another great strawman. You do this a lot. 'I have to know, does this mean you think obamacare is like eugenics?'

I think that conspiracy theories are like conspiracy theories. That's what I think. I'm saying something batshit (like saying Mr. Rogers = evil) should be treated like something batshit (like 9/11=gov't did it.)

[quote name='Knoell']All you people wanted was another outlet to bash fox. Unclebob wanted to debate the study that fox news was citing, and theres nothing wrong with that.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there was any study related to Mr. Rogers. It was just something some guy said.

And I don't really get the connection, a lot of children that grew up watching Mr. Rogers are in their 30s now, the current generation of college students was born in the 90s.

Thats' a lot of respect for the guy too, when Limbaugh finally croaks I'll be sure to ridicule and vilify him too.

The difference being that proving Mr. Rogers was evil isn't easy, Limbaugh doesn't exactly come off as all warm and fuzzy.

[quote name='SpazX']Well it takes something that's basically a blank slate I guess. Something that is so very devoid of any actual meaning that it can be given such varying and opposing meanings.[/QUOTE]

I also thought it was humorous that some Christians attacked the show because the Pokemon can 'evolve'. For some people it really is a catchphase religion.

[quote name='IRHari']That's another great strawman. You do this a lot. 'I have to know, does this mean you think obamacare is like eugenics?'

I think that conspiracy theories are like conspiracy theories. That's what I think. I'm saying something batshit (like saying Mr. Rogers = evil) should be treated like something batshit (like 9/11=gov't did it.)[/QUOTE]

So you think that any time fatherofcaitlyn says anything about 9/11 being a conspiracy, he should be mocked and ridiculed? Even I know that isnt appropriate in the debate setting, and I definately think hes nuts if he thinks that. But to completely ignore any sort of evidence or intellectual input because of your bias on the subject is very close minded.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Of course Islam is evil. Anything based on a lie or delusion is evil whether it is Islam, Christianity, 99.9% of marriages, American Idol, Buddhism or the metric system.

The metric system? Yes, those bastards foisting their sticks upon us. I was born with a cubit, I'll die with a cubit.[/QUOTE]

Heh.... :)

[quote name='Knoell']So you think that any time fatherofcaitlyn says anything about 9/11 being a conspiracy, he should be mocked and ridiculed?
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, it's the only way people truly learn.

[quote name='Knoell']Even I know that isnt appropriate in the debate setting, and I definately think hes nuts if he thinks that. But to completely ignore any sort of evidence or intellectual input because of your bias on the subject is very close minded.[/QUOTE]

I post a lot of garbage that people wouldn't normally look for.

Regarding conspiracy theories, the trick is dissection and cross reference. A conspiracy theory might be 1+1 = 2, 2+3 = 5 and 5+7=THE JEWS ARE KILLING US ALL!!!! So, you remove the 5+7 line and verify the 1+1 and 2+3 lines elsewhere. Then again, you might find a recurring theme of 5+7.

Going back to Rogers, everybody knows he was a Marine sniper, right? I heard he killed fity men.

[quote name='UncleBob']So... Rogers enabled generations of parents to feel warm and fuzzy about sitting their children in front of the idiot box instead of interacting with them. He substituted real love and affection, enabling parents to ignore their children. That's a hero. :D[/QUOTE]

Stop acting like you won't ever allow your children to watch TV. You can't spend every minute of the day with your kids. Things like dinner and laundry have to be done. Sometimes you gotta put a movie on for the kids so work can be done.

Yep, and that's why programming like Mr. Rogers should be acknowledgement as legitimate contributions to childhood development because it's better than having your kids watch Demolition Man or something.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yep, and that's why programming like Mr. Rogers should be acknowledgement as legitimate contributions to childhood development because it's better than having your kids watch Demolition Man or something.[/QUOTE]

Or you could watch garbage like Flapjack and Chowder. Good stoner cartoons. Horrible kids programming.

I will not tolerate Flapjack denigration in here. Adventure Time also falls under this banner. The first season of Chowder does as well, before it went into current-Spongebob levels of bad.

I learned that mermaid tears can be eaten to make wishes. And that when you run out, she transforms into a skymaid.

Shit'll get you through college.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yep, and that's why programming like Mr. Rogers should be acknowledgement as legitimate contributions to childhood development because it's better than having your kids watch Demolition Man or something.[/QUOTE]

How else will kids learn to use the three seashells?

[quote name='depascal22']Stop acting like you won't ever allow your children to watch TV. You can't spend every minute of the day with your kids. Things like dinner and laundry have to be done. Sometimes you gotta put a movie on for the kids so work can be done.[/QUOTE]

TV will not be a substitute for parents in making my children feel "special".

And I love this "you gotta put a movie on" line. Man, how did parents survive before every home had five TVs? I'm surprised the human race ever made it past 1950!

[quote name='UncleBob']TV will not be a substitute for parents in making my children feel "special".

And I love this "you gotta put a movie on" line. Man, how did parents survive before every home had five TVs? I'm surprised the human race ever made it past 1950![/QUOTE]
They played with blocks? Dolls? It's foolish to think that TV is the sole culprit for "lazy" parenting.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']They played with blocks? Dolls? It's foolish to think that TV is the sole culprit for "lazy" parenting.[/QUOTE]

it may not be the sole culprit but it certainly doesnt help.

[quote name='UncleBob']And I love this "you gotta put a movie on" line. Man, how did parents survive before every home had five TVs? I'm surprised the human race ever made it past 1950![/QUOTE]
Myke! Stats on the number of households with at least one parent at home all day by year! Now!

Man, putting on a television show for a kid so that you can do work, is in no way bad parenting. Providing housing and financial security in my opinion trumps making a kid feel special. My mother was a a bad parent. She was a hooker and exposed me to a life that a young child should never witness, much less make it a daily occurrence. When did parenting become so touchy feely? Before TV's parents had radios they plopped their kids in front of. Before that most parents worried about getting 1000 calories in their kids gullets. In many countries this is still true. I envy anybody who has the ability to think that tv's are detrimental to a kids in anyway, I would have loved to have been that sheltered.

[quote name='cindersphere']Man, putting on a television show for a kid so that you can do work, is in no way bad parenting. Providing housing and financial security in my opinion trumps making a kid feel special. My mother was a a bad parent. She was a hooker and exposed me to a life that a young child should never witness, much less make it a daily occurrence. When did parenting become so touchy feely? Before TV's parents had radios they plopped their kids in front of. Before that most parents worried about getting 1000 calories in their kids gullets. In many countries this is still true. I envy anybody who has the ability to think that tv's are detrimental to a kids in anyway, I would have loved to have been that sheltered.[/QUOTE]

Theres a difference between what you are stating and what he was talking about. Many parents just dont put the tv on for a little bit. It is on all day long.

[quote name='Knoell']Theres a difference between what you are stating and what he was talking about. Many parents just dont put the tv on for a little bit. It is on all day long.[/QUOTE]
And there's a difference between that and what everyone else was talking about, no?

[quote name='UncleBob']TV will not be a substitute for parents in making my children feel "special".

And I love this "you gotta put a movie on" line. Man, how did parents survive before every home had five TVs? I'm surprised the human race ever made it past 1950![/QUOTE]

Who said it had to be a substitute? You always take things too far and end up looking like a loon.

Before the 1950s, young children did farm chores or worked in factories. How is that better than a little TV? I can't wait until you have kids and come back here bitching about how you have no time for yourself. Oh wait, you'll never come onto a website because you'll be so busy making sure your kids feel special.

kids also played outside... goofed around....

almost positive, kids then, and kids now, there is no difference... maybe too much TV, but I doubt they were better off in the 1950s.

why the fuck are we entertaining the horseshit argument put forth by FOX fucking News?

it's like debating whether or not the oil spill in the gulf was intentionally done by Obama. FOX News would never advance that theory, thoug...oh. right.

[quote name='depascal22']Who said it had to be a substitute? You always take things too far and end up looking like a loon.

Before the 1950s, young children did farm chores or worked in factories. How is that better than a little TV? I can't wait until you have kids and come back here bitching about how you have no time for yourself. Oh wait, you'll never come onto a website because you'll be so busy making sure your kids feel special.[/QUOTE]

Working on the family farm or even a factory provides a strong work ethic, and a respect for money earned. What skills experience or knowledge do you gain from tv?

Obviously child labor is wrong, but theres a difference between the sweat shops in china and working on the family farm.

Back in Kindergarten i knew all of the alphabet before the other kids because of Sesame Street. :p

This post brought to you by the letters F and U.

[quote name='JolietJake']Back in Kindergarten i knew all of the alphabet before the other kids because of Sesame Street. :p

This post brought to you by the letters F and U.[/QUOTE]

I don't needs me no book learnin'. I gots work ethic.

[quote name='JolietJake']Back in Kindergarten i knew all of the alphabet before the other kids because of Sesame Street. :p

This post brought to you by the letters F and U.[/QUOTE]
According to my mom
shut up, Strell
, I learned to read largely because of Link's Awakening on the old GameBoy...

[quote name='depascal22']Who said it had to be a substitute? You always take things too far and end up looking like a loon.[/QUOTE]

I love you, Depascal.

[quote name='mykevermin']why the fuck are we entertaining the horseshit argument put forth by FOX fucking News?

it's like debating whether or not the oil spill in the gulf was intentionally done by Obama. FOX News would never advance that theory, thoug...oh. right.[/QUOTE]

Any better or worse than pushing stories that 9/11 was intentionally done by the Bush administration?

[quote name='JolietJake']Back in Kindergarten i knew all of the alphabet before the other kids because of Sesame Street. :p[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I was reading before Kindergarten because my mommy took the time to read with me and teach me.

I learned a good deal of vocabulary and general reading skills from video games. Same with hand eye coordination and general reasoning/logic skills (thank you Lucasarts).

I don't know why in the hell we're even on this tangent.

I couldn't read until the second grade. Did horrible in that grade and felt like a social reject, eventually I broke down grabbed the largest book my school had and spent the next 4 months learning how to read after school. After that experience I never read another Merlin book again.

Yeah cause my mother never read to me.

Ever

edit- Is anyone else curious exactly what Bob's mom read to him as a kid?:lol:

[quote name='JolietJake']Yeah cause my mother never read to me.

Ever

edit- Is anyone else curious exactly what Bob's mom read to him as a kid?:lol:[/QUOTE]

The Bible. King James version. Probably the only book in the house.

[quote name='depascal22']The Bible. King James version. Probably the only book in the house.[/QUOTE]

If I was standing in Times Square, your guess would be somewhere in the proximity of the edge of the universe. Mom's an atheist. I'm more of an agnostic. Good show, though.

Who remembers the ribbing that Kerry took because he had a thing about his looks?

Well i guess he kind of deserved it, he's no former male model after all.

fb71fb6528fce5f4df1f610c49eb6b30.jpeg

This asshole outright murdered two people, and somehow he's lauded as some kind of hero, even beating his rival for the GOP nomination. His rival, a veteran of both Iraq wars, is even calling him out on his actions.
In April 2004, Pantano killed two unarmed Iraqi detainees, twice unloading his gun into their bodies and firing between 50 and 60 shots in total. Afterward, he placed a sign over the corpses featuring the Marines' slogan "No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy" as a message to the local population.
How many bullets does it take to kill two Iraqi detainees? Well i guess the world knows it's 60 or less. The guy claims self defense, but then wtf was the reason for the sign? I don't get why anything this guy did is heroic.

It's like republicans think it's ok for people to actually act like Jack Bauer. It's a fucking TV show you twits.

bread's done
Back