The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gomikeoh']No.

Even at 4.29, you may dismiss your own instincts and say "hey, thats not that much."

Yea, its not that much. But dead island is a game that barely straddles the line of mediocrity. The game's reception has been met with much criticism to the repetitive nature, and that to truly enjoy the title co-op adds to the experience. With 4.29 you could get something off the steam winter day sales that are far superior.

Dead Island will be that game in your backlog you look months and years from now and regret buying. The inner completionist in you will say "I paid good money for that, I need to enjoy the game." Your time is worth more than this garbage game.[/QUOTE]

Preordered it and I can't agree with this at all. I had plenty of fun with it. I have 86 hours into the game. Most of that was single player.

[quote name='poxi']Did you farm tf2 items by several 'idle' accounts to further trade in the past?
I've got a friend, who was farming tf2 items for a quite long time and suddenly he got banned just because of this ~3 months ago.[/QUOTE]

Nah I'm not really into TF2, just the few times I do play I like having the items I've gotten over the years from prepurchases and all that. Mostly worthless stuff honestly.

[quote name='walkonshadows']I did that, got the code, it added the coupon to my inventory, but when I try to buy the game (through the client) I get this: There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance. [/QUOTE]

Same. I think it's because it's on sale right now. We'll probably have to wait until it's regular price again.

Edit: it seems if you own Alan Wake, you get a permanent 15% discount. Remedy has contacted steam about this, so hopefully we'll be able to use the coupons in a day or two.

[quote name='The End']Facebook account required. So I guess I wont be getting Death Rally for 90% off.

Thanks for posting though. I'm sure many others will be able to take advantage of the deal.[/QUOTE]

just make a fake FB account. I have one that I only use for stuff like this.

[quote name='jatan11t']Same. I think it's because it's on sale right now. We'll probably have to wait until it's regular price again.[/QUOTE]

It's not on sale. You're just seeing the loyalty discount. I don't have the discount because I don't own a Remedy game.

So if the reason that you can't buy is because of the loyalty discount, you'll never be able to buy it with the coupon.

EDIT: In the time it took me to type my response, it looks like you already figured it out.

[quote name='gomikeoh']No.

Even at 4.29, you may dismiss your own instincts and say "hey, thats not that much."

Yea, its not that much. But dead island is a game that barely straddles the line of mediocrity. The game's reception has been met with much criticism to the repetitive nature, and that to truly enjoy the title co-op adds to the experience. With 4.29 you could get something off the steam winter day sales that are far superior.

Dead Island will be that game in your backlog you look months and years from now and regret buying. The inner completionist in you will say "I paid good money for that, I need to enjoy the game." Your time is worth more than this garbage game.[/QUOTE]

Now tell me how you really feel about it.

I know it's not everyone's cup of coffee, but them be some harsh words for a game I actually love. Is it without flaws, no. Have I put over 120 hours into it, you bet. And ALL of that was solo play. I typically respect other peoples opinions. However, when the opinion does not include personal experience and touts "criticism" from other sources...well, that's not really an opinion at all...it's just parroting.

[quote name='Mooby']Dead Island has flaws but... I mean... are you going to hold out for $2.50? An indie bundle?[/QUOTE]
Hey, maybe eventually it'll be in some Amazon bundle and average out to $2 a game :D

Reactions to the game seem to be so polarized that I still haven't bitten on it yet. Seems to be permanent backlog fodder for me since I have a hard time really mustering enthusiasm or excitement for a game so many people panned. Plus, it's on a constant sale slide (now $5 for GOTY) so while it may not get significantly cheaper, it'll certainly come around again and again at this price point.

[quote name='jatan11t']Same. I think it's because it's on sale right now. We'll probably have to wait until it's regular price again.

Edit: it seems if you own Alan Wake, you get a permanent 15% discount. Remedy has contacted steam about this, so hopefully we'll be able to use the coupons in a day or two.[/QUOTE]

An easy fix would be to use a different account to buy it on with the coupon (without having Alan Wake purchased on it), and gift that copy to your main account.

I'm sure it'll get fixed, but it beats waiting.

[quote name='Mooby']Dead Island has flaws but... I mean... are you going to hold out for $2.50? An indie bundle?[/QUOTE]

Honestly it wouldn't shock me. Most other European publishers have had their games in bundles at this point and Deep Silver did put Risen on VOID which is more is less giving it away in exchange for some ad revenue from Gamersgate.

I imagine once they've run Dead Island GOTY on Steam for $5 once or twice and have saturated their sales at that price the only place left to go is a bundle.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Hey, maybe eventually it'll be in some Amazon bundle and average out to $2 a game :D

Reactions to the game seem to be so polarized that I still haven't bitten on it yet. Seems to be permanent backlog fodder for me since I have a hard time really mustering enthusiasm or excitement for a game so many people panned. Plus, it's on a constant sale slide (now $5 for GOTY) so while it may not get significantly cheaper, it'll certainly come around again and again at this price point.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty much the same. I almost got it from GMG yesterday but realistically it's not high on my list and I won't play it right away so I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

[quote name='sunghost']An easy fix would be to use a different account to buy it on with the coupon (without having Alan Wake purchased on it), and gift that copy to your main account.

I'm sure it'll get fixed, but it beats waiting.[/QUOTE]

Meh, that's a lot of hoops to jump through. I'll just wait and see if they fix it. Way to support your past customers Remedy. :p

[quote name='Motoki']I'm pretty much the same. I almost got it from GMG yesterday but realistically it's not high on my list and I won't play it right away so I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

I guess I was lucky. I bought Dead Island GOTY from GMG with the 35% off voucher and had my first payment issue (this was my 3rd purchase). After I bought it via paypal, a payment error popped up on GMG and it had a notification that they refunded me. I checked my GMG account and it had Dead Island GOTY listed.. so I basically got the game for free.

I've heard of people having payment issues with GMG.. but I didn't expect that to happen lol.

EDIT: Was actually my third purchase, corrected!

[quote name='Motoki']Meh, that's a lot of hoops to jump through. I'll just wait and see if they fix it. Way to support your past customers Remedy. :p[/QUOTE]

It wasn't an issue for me, cuz I already have multiple accounts. Took me maybe 2 mins or so to log into my alt account, buy it, then gift it. But I can see how it might be annoying to create another account just to do that.

BTW I checked Remedy's Facebook page and back as early as 21 hours ago someone alerted them to that issue with the coupon not working because of the 15% discount. Either they don't check their page or this is going to take longer to get resolved. The coupon is valid through December 31 though.

I wonder if the progress I made during the Death Rally free weekend will carry over if I purchase the game. Probably not, if I Deleted Local Content.

[quote name='bantheradio']Not sure if it has been mentioned but it looks like Steam keys for Dead Pixels have been posted in the Indie Royale Graduation Bundle Page.[/QUOTE]
Nice! Thanks!

[quote name='Genocidal']Maybe I'm the only one this bothers, but GamersGate had Sonic Generations for 80% off yesterday. Which sounds great, until you notice they jacked the base price up to $50. Today, after the sale was over, the price was back down to $30, which was retail launch price. Shady practices like that and removal of their "forever" discount are quickly pushing GamersGate down my list of retailers and I'm to the point where the deal will have to be markedly better to buy there over somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

GamersGate responded with this on FB:

GamersGate wrote: "Ok, we know what happened now. The retail price for the game in Austrailia is $50, and in the US it's $30. However, when the discounted amount was entered, our system automatically chose to calculate the % based on the highest price... Which in turn gives a skewed view of the discount. We'll do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again and that the regions are completely seperated! Note: prices are provided by the publisher and are in many cases the same globally but in some cases they differ by region."

Seems legit, and hopefully they'll modify their system to use the local price going forward.

[quote name='Genocidal']Nah, for some reason any key that you can get for free they consider "exploited". Which makes no sense to me, but it is what it is. For the price, I can fully recommend Metro. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I think it's less "This key is exploited (obtained illegitimately)" and more "People are exploiting the use of this free key to run up their Gifts Awarded values at $20 a pop".

[quote name='The End']Facebook account required. So I guess I wont be getting Death Rally for 90% off.
Thanks for posting though. I'm sure many others will be able to take advantage of the deal.
[/QUOTE]

What?!? I'm not the only one without a facebook account? *shock/trauma*

[quote name='walkonshadows']just make a fake FB account. I have one that I only use for stuff like this.[/QUOTE]

>.> To me, it's like registering with a vile political party in order to get free cookies. I prefer to maintain my purity over free cookies.

[quote name='stoned99']The retail price for the game in Austrailia is $50, and in the US it's $30.[/QUOTE]

Poor Aussies, even getting the short end of the stick on digital downloads.

[quote name='asheskitty']>.> To me, it's like registering with a vile political party in order to get free cookies. I prefer to maintain my purity over free cookies.[/QUOTE]
With a shell Facebook account, it's more like writing "Donald Duck" on a party registration form and then grabbing some free cookies. They get nothing and you get cookies :D

Not sure if anyone posted this or not because I'm too lazy to go back and check, but you can get Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection over at GreenManGaming for $1.95 after a coupon. Apply code WINTR-SRVEY-42012. The game activates on Steam.

EDIT: Looks like you can also get the first FEAR game for the same price, after coupon of course. Also requires Steam.

The 35% off survey coupon is one use per account, so imo it'd be better to wait and use it for a bigger savings, though it does expire in 3 days.

[quote name='asheskitty']>.> To me, it's like registering with a vile political party in order to get free cookies. I prefer to maintain my purity over free cookies.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh I want free cookies!!! :bouncy:

[quote name='Syntax Error']With a shell Facebook account, it's more like writing "Donald Duck" on a party registration form and then grabbing some free cookies. They get nothing and you get cookies :D[/QUOTE]
Indeed, that's what I have, a faux-account I use for things such as that.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Indeed, that's what I have, a faux-account I use for things such as that.[/QUOTE]

A Facebook account for freebies is very useful. And for anyone concerned about tracking via cookies just access it with Chrome's pornIncognito mode.

I see a lot of people who have no problem signing up for an account at random websites with a spam email to get a single code, but refuse to do the same for Facebook which has yielded a ton of good free stuff for me. I don't get it.

On the Facebook thing I get not wanting to have a personal Facebook page, I got rid of mine a long time ago myself, but I don't see what the big stink is about just making a dummy Facebook account.

It's not 'your' account. You don't have to post about every time you are eating a sandwich or taking a dump, you don't have to share a bushel of magic Farmville turnips to your feed, you don't have to add any friends or put up a picture, you won't get tagged in any unflattering pictures, you can name the account Banana Pickles. It's not you.

It's basically akin to having a dummy email for signing up for stuff so you don't get spam.

I really don't care for Facebook and have no intention of participating in it (no matter how much people may try to harass me to at times) however I like deals, sales and free shit. A lot. So I have no problem making a dummy account that does not get caught up in all the social media nonsense in order to participate in those deals.

I realize like saying 'I don't have a TV' there is some counterculture hipsterosity pride in not being like the unwashed masses and having a Facebook account, however my cheapness plus the fact that it's not really having a personal Facebook account trumps any of that.

I find all of Facebook to be a general dumping ground for shit so why not just let everyone else suffer-through me getting freebies and discounts?

I'm tired of getting links to the funniest video ever so them having to deal with some free Metro 2033 spam is by far the lesser of those two evils.;)

[quote name='Motoki']On the Facebook thing I get not wanting to have a personal Facebook page, I got rid of mine a long time ago myself, but I don't see what the big stink is about just making a dummy Facebook account.

It's not 'your' account. You don't have to post about every time you are eating a sandwich or taking a dump, you don't have to share a bushel of magic Farmville turnips to your feed, you don't have to add any friends or put up a picture, you won't get tagged in any unflattering pictures, you can name the account Banana Pickles. It's not you.

It's basically akin to having a dummy email for signing up for stuff so you don't get spam.

I really don't care for Facebook and have no intention of participating in it (no matter how much people may try to harass me to at times) however I like deals, sales and free shit. A lot. So I have no problem making a dummy account that does not get caught up in all the social media nonsense in order to participate in those deals.

I realize like saying 'I don't have a TV' there is some counterculture hipsterosity pride in not being like the unwashed masses and having a Facebook account, however my cheapness plus the fact that it's not really having a personal Facebook account trumps any of that.[/QUOTE]
Shh The more people who fear FB the greater chance we have of winning contest! Don't listen to Motoki. Signing up for FB is like digitally accepting the mark of the beast and damn your eternal soul to hell!:hot:

A New Beginning - Final Cut is now on Steam and is 10% off ($8.99) until December 18th.

A New Beginning - Final Cut is a cinematic adventure-thriller done graphic novel-style. In this charming and witty adventure, earth is on the brink of impending climate cataclysm. It's essential to travel the world in order to spare mankind and save the whole from this terrible fate.
Genre: Adventure, Indie

I'm by no measure a hipster. However I don't have a TV, well not since The Government took my (analog) TV away. I do have a USB-stick tuner, but I rarely use it.

Apparently I'm also a "retrogrouch" when it comes to bicycles. A retro grouch has a steel frame bike with a Brooks saddle and friction shifters and thinks anything newer is garbage. Brooks is primary remaining manufacturer of leather bicycle saddles, and a former division of Raleigh

I prefer being able to proclaim with righteous zeal that I've never had a facebook account. Purity > free cookies. Besides, I've held out this long; why buckle now?

[quote name='fignutz32']Shh The more people who fear FB the greater chance we have of winning contest! Don't listen to Motoki. Signing up for FB is like digitally accepting the mark of the beast and damn your eternal soul to hell!:hot:[/QUOTE]

Hell is for monotheists!

[quote name='jshackles']Midweek Madness:

Street Fighter X Tekken 75% off ($12.49)
Iron Front: Liberation 1944 67% off ($9.99)

Daily:
Velvet Assassin 75% off ($1.25)

Mostly "meh" for me. It's great to see Capcom coming around with their discounts though, even though I have no interest in Street Fighter X Tekken.[/QUOTE]

Well, crap, Capcom had NEVER put SFxT on sale until the Fall Sale, so I bought it at $24.99 then. I should have figured they would have a much better sale on it within a couple of weeks.

I require my personal Facebook account in order to know where the party at (I find events useful).

I just set all of the settings for things like this so that it posts with only me being able to see it. That way it's not throwing out dumb contests/discounts onto the feeds of people I know.

$ 1.25 for Velvet Assassin? Jeez, it's not that bad! Granted, I only played a couple of levels, but it seemed a pretty competent stealth game.

[quote name='facls']$ 1.25 for Velvet Assassin? Jeez, it's not that bad! Granted, I only played a couple of levels, but it seemed a pretty competent stealth game.[/QUOTE]

It's been on sale and around this price a lot! Also it was in a Groupees bundle. Of course, any game is worth what you're willing to pay.

[quote name='asheskitty']
I prefer being able to proclaim with righteous zeal that I've never had a facebook account. Purity > free cookies. Besides, I've held out this long; why buckle now?
[/QUOTE]

Wow! Never? That's most impressive. Do *not* buckle now. Thats quite commendable. I've never heard of that before even though I swore mine off years ago. My mental health took a very swift positive swing.

Diablo 3 'up and running' on consoles, but still not an official project at Blizzard

"We're still kind of exploring it," said Blizzard executive Rob Pardo, who was recently promoted from executive vice president of game design to chief creative officer. "We've got builds up and running on it. We're hoping to get it far enough along where we can make it an official project, but we're not quite ready to release stuff about it, but it's looking pretty cool."

Diablo 3 lead designer Jay Wilson reiterated that Blizzard is still "exploring console options" and continues to "expand and add onto the game."

[quote name='gilby']Only 10%? What kind of weak-sauce roguelike is that?[/QUOTE]

Once you understand the weaknesses, it's mostly very easy. For example, it's rare for me to incur damage on the boss
on the first form, and next to no damage on the second form. Cloak helps, but isn't necessary. Teleport is almost required, unless you have a ton of missiles or ion weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back