The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jimbodan']Nothing that adds it your Google account though?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I don't think that's currently possible. A few Kickstarters (including Shadowrun) hit this wall (it's the same with that half-eaten fruit store).

[quote name='asheskitty']Death to Spies, Space Rangers, and Star Wolves are worth taking a look into. Anyone else want steamgifts to get a fuck or :spam: autoconversion?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I won the 1c indiegala pack. DtS is near the top of my playlist. I've got Cryostasis on Gamers Gate too.

A steam gifts auto word change would be swell. I don't know, maybe something like, "i won that game from the La Brea tar pits."

"I've entered the La Brea tar pits hundreds of times and I've never won anything."

[quote name='Motoki']That actually doesn't look half bad. I think I would rather play that than most modern tower defense games. They could probably re-release as an indie game now without even having to do much to it.

Edit: Okay I looked it up and I am disturbed out by the Kirk Cameron cover image.

95768_116574.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, the 3D0, so much great game hardware that was oh so poorly implemented. So many great memories . . .

[quote name='jkimrey']Would love, love, love a It Came From the Desert HD remake. :)
And the Rocket one...Man, Cinemaware was *awesome*.[/QUOTE]

It was Rocket Ranger, and that was one that I missed, sadly.

[quote name='asheskitty']Thinking of old games that I'd like to have on a tablet, reminds me of RoboSport (1991). Yes sure, Frozen Synapse is reinterpretation. But I much preferred the style of RoboSport. You plan actions of a small team of robots in advance then everyone (networked multiplayer/AI) executes their action simultaneously. It also had a very cool game save/replay feature. It was in the 3 games that I kept on my 386 laptop's 80 MB drive all the time, the others being Civ and Dune 2 (Though I now keep FreeCiv and OpenDune on my phone... go figure). Hmm, I could DosBox it...

Oddly I cannot find any youtube videos that show it off, despite it being a Maxis game.

1329115-robosport.1.png
[/QUOTE]

I can't be entirely certain just now, but I'm pretty sure I actually have this on my shelf somewhere.

Hey does Crysis games go on sale other than the seasonal sale? I just finished Crysis that I picked up from the recent summer sale and I'm kicking myself for not purchasing Warhead and the sequel. I'm normally not the biggest fan of fps but this game was pretty awesome.

[quote name='warreni']I can't be entirely certain just now, but I'm pretty sure I actually have this on my shelf somewhere.[/QUOTE]

The box art is quite memorable.

962417722-00.jpg

[quote name='asheskitty']The box art is quite memorable.

962417722-00.jpg
[/QUOTE]

No, it turns out I was thinking of RoboForge by SummitSoft:

51YWPADAARL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[quote name='Larce80']just played sleeping dogs and its a HORRIBLE port, what a shame[/QUOTE]

What were your issues? I've had no problems and actually thought it was a pretty good port, especially once you install the HD textures DLC.

[quote name='jatan11t']Looks like GMG is giving away another free game:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/greed/[/QUOTE]

Their site is sinking and getting slower and slower by the second I guess offering a free game is horrible for your bandwidth.

If only they had one of these....

legends-of-the-hidden-temple-costumes_3_1.png

Also their Green Monkeys shirt is amazing :bouncy:

Also be careful! when checking out with the free game, Appearntly your games are auto-checked to trade in. Checking out ended up trading in my copy of high school dreams for 2.50 >.

[quote name='Genocidal']What were your issues? I've had no problems and actually thought it was a pretty good port, especially once you install the HD textures DLC.[/QUOTE]

Same, no issues here either.

[quote name='BoringPat']Briefly read the description of Field Runners, it seems to be a Tower Defense game? If I already have my share of TD games via Defense Gride and Orcs Must Die!, would I enjoy it?[/QUOTE]

As others have said, it's mostly an open-field kind of TD game. Don't expect the polish of Defense Grid, but it's not bad. Despite the generic theme I'd say it's a step above games like iBomber. It won't replace your other TD games but if you're just in love with the genre and want one more slightly different take on it then you probably won't go wrong if you get it for cheap.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Somehow my copy of Divinity that I got free from was "traded in" toward Greed on GMG. Baffling.[/QUOTE]

Yep happened with my copy of High School Dreams. Be careful when buying Greed as your games are set to auto-tradein :wall: This is really an annoying system only good thing is I doubled what I payed for the game but would still rather have the game >.

[quote name='Genocidal']What were your issues? I've had no problems and actually thought it was a pretty good port, especially once you install the HD textures DLC.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to actually play the game, but I did the benchmark and got 30 FPS min and 66 max on 1440x900, all set to high, with the HD textures. It looked pretty good to me.

Weird, I've never had a game auto-trade in on GMG (including the Greed :BD I just 'bought'). I'd contact support and ask for your game back if you want it -- obviously you weren't trading in games to buy something that's free. GMG usually seems responsive to site glitch issues; as well they should considering how often they have site glitches.

To everyone talking about what kind of port Sleeping Dogs is, wouldn't you really have had to play the console version to speak on how well it was ported over? Not that it is any excuse for any bugs, but many times the console version is just as buggy.

[quote name='Sophita']Their site is sinking and getting slower and slower by the second I guess offering a free game is horrible for your bandwidth.[/QUOTE]
GMG has dealt with worse, humorously enough. I remember when they offered one free game to all new sign-ups. I was able to grab Ninja Blade, but it took an unbelievably long time to get from the main page to the completed "transaction." You'd think GMG's staff would have learned by now. (Though, in my experience, intuitive design isn't GMG's strong suit.)

If one truly wants Greed, have a half-hour handy and some reading material. (I recommend the brand new Steam Thread on CAG.)

[quote name='jimbodan']Nothing that adds it your Google account though?[/QUOTE]

No. They want to do a DRM free implementation. Also keep in mind that some Android based devices do not have access to the Google market so this way makes sure that everyone can use those games.

If you are concerned about updates the app should do push notifications when the games or the app itself have an update available.

Also you are incorrect on Spirits, it is not currently out for Android and this bundle will be it's debut. The one you are thinking of is Spirit HD, which is not in this bundle.

Get Games :

Darksiders II 22% off

edit : Hmm . " CAG in Training " .

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']Well this explains everything, pacman is really a langolier! :)[/QUOTE]

Great. I can never manage to fall asleep on flights. I'm doomed.

Hmm, I notice High School Dreams is worth $2.50 trade in now which is twice what it was selling for yesterday. If I didn't actually want it, I'd trade it in. :lol:

[quote name='Motoki']Hmm, I notice High School Dreams is worth $2.50 trade in now which is twice what it was selling for yesterday. If I didn't actually want it, I'd trade it in. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Damn, I knew I should have picked it up. (That, and it was intriguing, I just knew I'd never remember to play it.)

I wish there were a way I could call Steam and ask them to put something back on sale. I finally decided to take the Half-Life complete plunge but can't find it anywhere on sale. And KNOWING that it was $10 bucks in the Winter Sale just rubs my nose in it further.

I already picked up my one copy from GMG for $7.20 so I can't buy a second copy.

Does an awesome CAG want to pick up Tower Wars with the 20% code for $7.20 and I can pay them back?

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']I wish there were a way I could call Steam and ask them to put something back on sale. I finally decided to take the Half-Life complete plunge but can't find it anywhere on sale. And KNOWING that it was $10 bucks in the Winter Sale just rubs my nose in it further.[/QUOTE]

I still have my stack of Half Life 2 retail discs. I think it was 7 discs.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']To everyone talking about what kind of port Sleeping Dogs is, wouldn't you really have had to play the console version to speak on how well it was ported over? Not that it is any excuse for any bugs, but many times the console version is just as buggy.[/QUOTE]

Nearly all games that have console released simultaneously or after the console release are almost always a port. It's a good idea for a company to do in general. What people bitch about when calling things a "console port" usually have to do with zero PC customizability with settings and they didn't take any time what so ever to make it more PC friendly or optimize it. This is usually most apparent when you have a high-end machine and it drags ass because they didn't test a damn thing before releasing it on PC. This is not the case with Sleeping Dogs as there are obvious signs that they did do a bit extra to help with the PC release. The only two things that bother me about it are that when it's full screen, when I receive an email to my gmail account and it pops up and causes my game to go windowed mode. Other than that, there seems to be an issue with the game hitting video cards harder than most other games in the heat department. Though when I'm in windowed mode it's fine.

One particular thing I noticed is that if I'm using a controller (prefer it for driving/sprinting) and then set my controller down to start using keyboard and mouse in the middle of say a tutorial, it picks up the transition right away and instantly changes all of the tip icons to the K&M icons. I wish more games would transition this smoothly.

The game isn't the most optimized for High/Extreme Anti-Aliasing from what I'm seeing/hearing. I believe that's what is causing my video card heat issue (which isn't really bad since it is only around 70C, it's just the fan goes above 50% and is pretty noticeable on my 7950). That's been the only real problem I've been reading about and I've put a good 3.5-4 hours into the game already with zero issues outside of what I mentioned here.

I own the first half-life but that was on an OLD steam account (right around when steam first opened up). Back in my non-married days it was unimportant in the scheme of things to keep up with keys and passwords. So many keys lost.

This is why I fit in perfectly at CAG... I bought the box and it just sat in my backlog :) Way back then.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']I own the first half-life but that was on an OLD steam account (right around when steam first opened up). Back in my non-married days it was unimportant in the scheme of things to keep up with keys and passwords. So many keys lost.[/QUOTE]

You could probably recover the account by emailing Steam support. They'd probably just have you verify a couple of things on the account and you'd have it back in no time (3-5 days Steam Support time). ;)

Ok, this is a sorta random question that I've been wondering for awhile now but just never thought to ask - what is the cause of having to create new "Steam Deal" threads every so often, i.e. V3, V4, etc.? Is it because there is a maximum post limit per thread or something (sorry I haven't read all the forum terms, rules, etc. yet :razz:)? Anyway, just wondering. :)

On the topic of Steam, I'm kinda glad that there hasn't been much in the way of great deals on games that I care about that I don't already have since the summer sale. I have bought a total of only 6 items from Steam since then, some of them being collections with multiple games, and 1 Steam game from GMG, all of which I would consider to have been at great prices...this is pretty good for me considering the bargain junky that I am. :lol: Anybody else been buying much lately or just trying to catch up on backlog?

Also, I ordered a new desktop PC that should be a beast for gaming that I will hopefully receive in 3-4 weeks. I was going to build my own; but I had been pricing out buying the components for what I wanted to build vs. what I could get from CyberPower PC, which offers an incredible amount of customization and lets you know exactly what components you're getting down to the manufacturer and model # in most cases, except for some "off brand" components that are cheaper, none of which I selected. So last week when I finally decided to pull the trigger, I checked everything again and because of all these "back to school deals" that Cyber Power was having, I was able to get a PC with slightly better components, in terms of features/power, and relatively equal quality for just under $20 more after shipping than I could build one for. So I figured $20 to save the hassle of building and any of the components potentially damaged during shipping was worth it. And the hardware has a 3 year warranty and there's a 1 year warranty on labor, which I don't much care about since I can diagnose and repair pretty much any problem with Windows based PC's and desktop hardware in general.

So anyway, the tl;dr version is that while I could run most of my PC games at max settings on my laptop, there are a few newer ones that I know I couldn't do that for and plus I'll have the new desktop in an area that's better suited for gaming in terms of keyboard and mouse space, so hopefully I'm going to start knocking out some of my huge Steam backlog. :D

High AA causing that heat? Good to know. Was wondering why my computer sounded like an Xbox with SD. I don't see the jaggies usually so I can turn that off.

[quote name='warreni']Farming Simulator 2013: "thrilling agricultural realism"[/QUOTE]Well Farming Simulator 2011 Platinum Edition is still on the first place of the list of budget PC games category in Hungary . It's cost $8.78 in here .

Off topic: Has anyone played "To The Moon"? When is it coming to Steam? There was talk way back in April that it will be coming to Steam, but I haven't found any updates since then. What gives? Why does the approval process take so long, especially for a game so universally acclaimed (at least by the people who have played it)? I would like to try it but was waiting til it came out on Steam...

[quote name='JanusDS']Ok, this is a sorta random question that I've been wondering for awhile now but just never thought to ask - what is the cause of having to create new "Steam Deal" threads every so often, i.e. V3, V4, etc.? Is it because there is a maximum post limit per thread or something (sorry I haven't read all the forum terms, rules, etc. yet :razz:)? Anyway, just wondering. :)[/QUOTE]

The code that this forum is built off of doesn't handle large threads well. It used to be really bad where after a certain point threads would break entirely. Now it's not as bad, but they (CheapyD/John) still want us to recreate large threads after a certain point to help keep it from cropping up.

When we switch to the new forum, it will be able to handle large threads more efficiently. When the switch is going to happen... I have no idea. It was projected to already be done by now and their current ETA is a typical "soon" or "when it's done" type of response. So all we can really do is wait and bask in the rainbow lollipops and ride unicorns around in the mean time.

[quote name='Draekon']The code that this forum is built off of doesn't handle large threads well. It used to be really bad where after a certain point threads would break entirely. Now it's not as bad, but they (CheapyD/John) still want us to recreate large threads after a certain point to help keep it from cropping up.

When we switch to the new forum, it will be able to handle large threads more efficiently. When the switch is going to happen... I have no idea. It was projected to already be done by now and their current ETA is a typical "soon" or "when it's done" type of response. So all we can really do is wait and bask in the rainbow lollipops and ride unicorns around in the mean time.[/QUOTE]
I do miss the time-traveling posts from the first few major Steam sales - Replies to posts would appear before the message being responded to. Many of us found it humorous, though discombobulating.

[quote name='imac2much']Off topic: Has anyone played "To The Moon"? When is it coming to Steam? There was talk way back in April that it will be coming to Steam, but I haven't found any updates since then. What gives? Why does the approval process take so long, especially for a game so universally acclaimed (at least by the people who have played it)? I would like to try it but was waiting til it came out on Steam...[/QUOTE]

Someone asked the dev recently on Twitter and he said it is (supposedly) still coming to Steam did not give a date or specifics. I am starting to wonder if he really did get it approved by Valve or just applied and assumed it would be.

Anyway, with Greenlight starting at the end of the month and the fact that To The Moon did have some buzz and seems to have some fans I'm sure it will get in that way.

I just finished Deponia...holy crap everyone needs to try this game out. Funny as heck, awesome voice acting and a great story arc. Man I miss the old school games like this. Makes me want to break out the Journeyman series. Holy crap Journeyman needs an update.

[quote name='Outinthedark']I just finished Deponia...holy crap everyone needs to try this game out. Funny as heck, awesome voice acting and a great story arc. Man I miss the old school games like this. Makes me want to break out the Journeyman series. Holy crap Journeyman needs an update.[/QUOTE]
Deponia wasn't on my radar, despite seeing it on the main Steam page several times. However, I'm horribly weak to the phrase "great story arc."

In my experience, Adventure titles (Or games with clear Adventure game mechanics.) have had some of the best stories in video games. (For example, Silent Hill 2.)

When it's on sale, I'll certainly pick it up.

[quote name='jatan11t']Looks like GMG is giving away another free game:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/greed/[/QUOTE]

Nice! Thanks for mentioning it. I love that I've purchased 10 games from them without spending a single penny. Thanks for the free Scarygirl and FEAR 3, GMG. And for the $3 leftover credit. ;)

[quote name='Sophita']Yep happened with my copy of High School Dreams. Be careful when buying Greed as your games are set to auto-tradein :wall: This is really an annoying system only good thing is I doubled what I payed for the game but would still rather have the game >.

[quote name='Outinthedark']I just finished Deponia...holy crap everyone needs to try this game out. Funny as heck, awesome voice acting and a great story arc. Man I miss the old school games like this. Makes me want to break out the Journeyman series. Holy crap Journeyman needs an update.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to pick this up at 20% off but just didn't have it in the budget. If it goes 50% in winter sale I'll get it. Of course, 75% would be even better, but as a new game I doubt it hits that.

[quote name='Blade']I know that when I choose to trade in for a game that costs money, the list of available trade-in titles pops up and gives a total credit value at the bottom. Don't blame the "system" for not paying attention during the checkout screen. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Uh, that is exactly the point of blaming the 'system' because it is poorly designed and non-intuitive. It is a free game, it should never try and get me to trade in games for it. Second, the system should never default to trading in anything when I go to purchase something new, that is just plain silly. Finally, check out "The Design of Everyday Things" by Norman, fascinating take on just how crappy most 'systems' are designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back