The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Did you actually get in on the Bestbuy pre-order? I was tempted. But then they knocked the PC version off the $20 off pre-order bonus. Now I'm tempted to get the console version and just sell it and keep the oil lamp. But I DON'T NEED A USB POWERED WHALE OIL LAMP![/QUOTE]

I guess it's better than having an actual whale oil lamp. Because, you know, you have to kill whales to get whale oil.

Dishonored ? It will be just another Bethesda release with annoying bugs .

Dishonored had me at "you can no-kill the whole game." And then they had me again with conjuring a fleet of attacking rats (each with AI), and again because you can posess one of the rats and scuttle off to safety.

This game seems more "suit-only" than Blood Money.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pantsattack']Dishonored had me at "you can no-kill the whole game." And then they had me again with conjuring a fleet of attacking rats (each rough AI), and again when you can posess one of the rats and scuttle off to safety.

This game seems more "suit-only" than Blood Money.[/QUOTE]
Wow, no kill, that's some Deus Ex shit right there. I am highly interested in Dishonored, I just don't know how good the game will be to actually buy it nor do I want to risk it. Then again we will see as the release date gets closer if I crack :lol:.

[quote name='warreni']I guess it's better than having an actual whale oil lamp. Because, you know, you have to kill whales to get whale oil.[/QUOTE]
You sure? I think you can just scrape their skin when they're going through whale puberty.

[quote name='Syntax Error']You sure? I think you can just scrape their skin when they're going through whale puberty.[/QUOTE]

I just squeeze em real hard to extract the oil and then throw them back in the water.

[quote name='Outinthedark']I'm excited to play Dihonored, but not day 1 excited.[/QUOTE]
I don't want to navigate the preorder exclusives mess. Four different dlc packs that probably don't do anything, but I have to have all or none.

[quote name='ne_zavarj']Dishonored ? It will be just another Bethesda release with annoying bugs .[/QUOTE]
Published by Bethesda, not developed. Huge difference.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Did you actually get in on the Bestbuy pre-order? I was tempted. But then they knocked the PC version off the $20 off pre-order bonus. Now I'm tempted to get the console version and just sell it and keep the oil lamp. But I DON'T NEED A USB POWERED WHALE OIL LAMP![/QUOTE]

I haven't yet, no. I was all set to do it with the $20 bonus but then, like you noticed, they aren't offering it for the PC version. fuckers. I don't know, I'll see. I do kind of want it still not only for the stupid lamp but apparently it's by the same devs who did Arx Fatalis which also made me interested.

I'll probably end up passing and having buyers regret on the stupid lamp (Best Buy you suck you PC gamer discriminators and your crappy no discounts Digital Download service!) and then getting it on sale much later with no lamp. :cry:

[quote name='Genocidal']I wish more games let you change difficulty on the fly. A lot of the time if I find the difficulty of a game is too hard (usually easy/normal and hard for FPS) and it doesn't allow on the fly difficulty switching I'll abandon it and move on to something else. Too many games to play to waste my time replaying a significant portion of a game, because usually it takes a while for games these days to get out of the easy tutorial areas and get to a point where the true difficulty shows up.[/QUOTE]

I wish developers allowed a "skip" option for sections in a game that a player can't get past. Like if you tried and failed a certain number of times a dialog box would pop up to allow you to move forward or keep trying. I am stuck in an Uncharted shootout with a bunch of bad guys and because I have limited bullets and suck at aiming with controller sticks I can't get past this point and play the rest of the game.

Man I thought it was weird that I hadn't seen new posts for the steam thread in a few days....must mean new thread. Lol, and 90% of the last thread was summer sale posts.

Ok.. but how BIG is the lamp? I can't seem to find that. Is it like a Moby Dick moment where I'll be carrying it around my house saying "Call me Ishmael" over and over? Or is it going to sit next to my vault-tec bobblehead and do nothing?

[quote name='Palinn']I wish developers allowed a "skip" option for sections in a game that a player can't get past. Like if you tried and failed a certain number of times a dialog box would pop up to allow you to move forward or keep trying. I am stuck in an Uncharted shootout with a bunch of bad guys and because I have limited bullets and suck at aiming with controller sticks I can't get past this point and play the rest of the game.[/QUOTE]
Mario has this in the new mario land 2. It's a white tanoki costume which is basically get out of jail free (except lava :) )

Edit: Sorry for the double post. I'm following the convo too closely apparently.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I just played Piss for a bit. Have to admit the story arch so far is much more intriguing than I expected. Voice acting would be nice, but then again voice acting can be horrible so this ain't bad at all.[/QUOTE]

Any idea where the name came from yet?

[quote name='drakesvg']Wow can't believe we are already up to Thread V5, I remember back when the first steam thread was started. Before the steam thread it was chaos of having 3 threads for each MWM or WD.

Givin how popular this thread is, I hope that one day we can get a steam rep, similar to Tony from Amazon DVG.[/QUOTE]

I know it is pretty crazy. :lol: I would welcome a Steam rep with open arms. :grouphug:

[quote name='asheskitty']Download it now before you forget. You can only download for 30 days from purchase.[/QUOTE]

I did that and then I backed it up to a blank disc.

[quote name='lito88']I take it these games don't work on steam?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Who hasn't tried Nancy?

I'll be here all weekend! Try the veal.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to tip your waitress! ;)

[quote name='sunghost']Not sure if posted before, but Castle Crashers is coming to PC/Steam.. glad I held off on buying it on PSN.

http://kotaku.com/5935223/castle-crashers-is-coming-to-the-pc

It'd be a good indie bundle candidate!

Mods usually delete/clean up posts without giving any notification, although they sometimes will post about it afterward.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='suwillgetu']Damn. It's about time![/QUOTE]

Exactly!!! Maybe this means that by some miracle Shadow Complex could come to PC? :pray:

[quote name='Lazer77']So I need some advice. I'm looking for a multiplayer FPS game that you can play for 5-10 minutes and be done with it. Nothing that takes an extended period of time, just something that you can hop on for and play a handful of matches and log off without having to spend time "getting into it", like Battlefield 3 for example, I love the game but it takes me 30-60 minutes to actually get into the swing of the game no matter how much I play it.

I want to get a Call of Duty game, but I played every single one for 360 and I am just sick of them. I hated MW3 and MW2, I loved COD4, and BLOPS was great. WaW is probably dead by now. Anyone have any alternate suggestions besides those?[/QUOTE]

Tribes, L4d, Payday The Heist, Monday Night Combat 2, Unreal Tournament III(still a community?)

[quote name='eastx']The actual presence of multiple difficulty levels that accommodate less skilled players actually offends some people. And I want to hit those people.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']See I was the kid who just quit playing when it got too hard. lol. And yeah, I have a few of those achievements. The funny thing is Sunghost told me about one and we laughed it up and then 2 bosses later I unlocked it!

Yeah, I don't see why it would offend them. I could see them being frustrated if they dumbed the entire game down on every level, but if they make the game and then accommodate us bad gamers with some easier levels I see no problem.[/QUOTE]

Right, games are about having fun. Some players feel that being challenged to the brink of breaking things is fun. :lol: However, other players like to play games to relax and not be frustrated. Yet, other players like a combination of both. I feel since companies want their games to be successful that they should attempt to cater to as many player "types" as possible.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay that's good to know. I will definitely have to install it soon. I want to compare official Android Broken Sword with the AGS app version.
[/QUOTE]

I think you want ScummVM for Broken Sword, not AGS.

[quote name='Sophita']Which ones are you trying to unlock?

I used this guide when I needed help for a few of dungeons
http://spikycaterpillar.com/magical_diary/guide.html

It is written by the Girl who designed the game so :bouncy: be careful of spoilers though.[/QUOTE]

wow thanks. I'm not sure which one she is stuck on. She loves getting most achievements usually though. She likes choose your own adventure books and games, so this game has her hooked. I'll pass along the guide, it looks good.
Thank you very much.

Daily Deal

A Valley Without Wind $7.49 50% off

Weekend Deal

Sniper Elite Franchise Pack $18.69 66% off includes below
Sniper Elite $3.39 66% off
Sniper Elite V2 $16.99 66% off
Sniper Elite V2 Kill Hitler DLC $2.71 66% off

Alan Wake Franchise $9.99 75% off includes below
Alan Wake $7.49 75% off
Alan Wake Collector Edition Extras $2.49 75% off
Alan Wake American Nightmare $3.75 75% off

Valley W/O Wind 4 pack is $22.49 so $5.63 ish each.

The lame thing I just discovered when I went to try and buy a 4 pack to give away is that you can't buy a 4 pack if you already own the game. How stupid is that? What if I want to buy it for 4 friends. *shakes head*

[quote name='Palinn']I wish developers allowed a "skip" option for sections in a game that a player can't get past. Like if you tried and failed a certain number of times a dialog box would pop up to allow you to move forward or keep trying. I am stuck in an Uncharted shootout with a bunch of bad guys and because I have limited bullets and suck at aiming with controller sticks I can't get past this point and play the rest of the game.[/QUOTE]

L.A. Noire does that for the limited action (and stealth) sequences. Fail them several times in a row, and it allows you to skip it and continue with the story. One of its few forward-thinking gameplay elements.

Damn it Steam. First Dead Space, and now Alan Wake. STOP TEMPTING ME!!! *goes off in a corner and cries, clutching my wallet tightly*

I'm glad Steam continues to have sales on Alan Wake - I do recommend the game for fans of third-person action games. The "horror" element is minimal, in my own opinion, but the action is quite fun. Plus, it supports Remedy 9as well as the game's 5+-year development cycle].

Though the game includes the first two DLC episodes from the 360 version, I only found the standalone third one, American Nightmare, to be [relatively speaking] worth the extra playtime.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Alan Wake Franchise $9.99 75% off includes below
Alan Wake $7.49 75% off
Alan Wake Collector Edition Extras $2.49 75% off
Alan Wake American Nightmare $3.75 75% off[/QUOTE]
Argh I resisted multiple times when it was on sale during summer due to playing through the game on 360, but it's just so tempting at this price.

[quote name='Motoki']Valley W/O Wind 4 pack is $22.49 so $5.63 ish each.

The lame thing I just discovered when I went to try and buy a 4 pack to give away is that you can't buy a 4 pack if you already own the game. How stupid is that? What if I want to buy it for 4 friends. *shakes head*[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's been that way for a while.

I started Alan Wake about a week ago, but haven't committed myself yet. Coming right off playing L.A. Noire, the cutscenes were a bit shockingly mannequin-ish. Also, gotta find that comfort zone, of KB/M vs controller, tweaking settings to get an optimal experience, and getting discouraged that there are *multiple* immersion-breaking collectibles for 100% in addition to needing to replay it to access the hardest difficulty setting. Mental hurdles suck.

[quote name='sunghost']Not sure if posted before, but Castle Crashers is coming to PC/Steam.. glad I held off on buying it on PSN.[/QUOTE]

Ooh! PC gaming is so good right now. That was a game I thought would be locked away to a console forever.
[quote name='evildeadjedi']I know it is pretty crazy. :lol: I would welcome a Steam rep with open arms. :grouphug:

Exactly!!! Maybe this means that by some miracle Shadow Complex could come to PC? :pray:
[/QUOTE]

With Amazon affiliate codes Cheapy has a big incentive to have a Tony around. This isn't so with Steam, and I think the it's reason this thread isn't stickied. It'd be nice to have someone to throw bundle ideas to, and to plead with them to plead with Capcom.

Shadow Complex PC would be so :drool:

[quote name='INCyr']Damn it Steam. First Dead Space, and now Alan Wake. STOP TEMPTING ME!!! *goes off in a corner and cries, clutching my wallet tightly*[/QUOTE]

The daily deals have been way way above average after the steam sale. I wonder if the sales mark new contract starts with publishers so they can say you'll be featured like this in the summer sale and X many days in the next six months.

^_^ I was assuming 28.8 was crummy phone lines limited, not the ISPs vintage modem bank. I don't recall ever making a 56.6 connection, my normal lines 28.8-33.6-38, other bad lines where I spent time, 20-28.8. I used to download linux ISOs over modem... took about 10 nights iirc. Having nice ethernet at school then returning home sucked. I paid $100 for a year of early hotspot access just to cope (got a Orinoco Silver card to boot, so well worth it).

Re: Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, I'm surprised how slow it's been to get into mainstream distribution channels. I'm looking forward to those other releases (well... at a nice discount).

Re: Difficulty Levels
I'm really down with far more difficulty levels, CodeMasters got this right in GRID and Dirt 2 imo. Arkham Asylum/City had a pretty good balance. Same with SR3. I really appreciate switching difficulty levels on the fly. I remember games where too-rough a spot resulting on me giving up on a game. Skip option would be appreciated (and in this Acheivement-mania age I would think it would be easier to do because anyone offended by this would have the satisfaction seeing that you never beat a certain stage).

[quote name='Syntax Error']Difficulty levels should go Hard, Extreme, Nightmare, Extreme Nightmare, Blind (No Video) and Extreme Blind Nightmare Reformat Your Drive If You Die mode.
Anything else is for pansies and scrubs.[/QUOTE]
Still too fru-fru. *real* gamers play on "you betcha life on it" mode, when you die, you die (thanks to the poison injector in the special controller) The collectors edition includes:

Victor - The Cleaner (jump to 1:28)

Edit: This kinda makes me want to watch the German dub version.

I had a lot of fun with Alan Wake. One of the few games I've replayed after finishing it. And American Nightmare is more combat than story, but I'd recommend it as well.

Newegg sent an email out that they are doing a promotion giving away Borderlands 2 if you buy an Nvidia GTX660ti card.

Those cards will run you around $300 so it's not really a deal unless you were already planning to do a video card upgrade anyway, but figured I'd throw it out there in case anyone was looking for a new (mid to high end) card.

Great deal on Sniper Elite V2. I am debating picking up the DLC and Sniper Elite 1.

Does anyone know how Sniper Elite v1 holds up today?

I am really interested in Valley without Wind but the Cag in me is telling me $7.50 is way too much for an indie game. Is it more a metroidvania or is it closer to contra?

Oh man, I was disappointed when no PC port of Shadow Complex was announced. Especially since there were early reports stating that a PC announcement was forthcoming.

Another game that slipped away was Ms. 'Splosion Man. That game even showed up in the Steam Registry with Achievements, but, regrettably, that vanished, as well.

Castle Crashers, though "late," is a great game to have on the PC platform, and I'm glad it's been announced. I'll certainly be adding that to my Steam list when it becomes available.

I hope that Fez does get the assumed PC port. I believe Phil Fish made a Tweet noting that there were only a few months left on the exclusivity agreement, but I can't find the source link. I do want to play Fez, so I hope a PC port is in the game's future.

I suppose we should get back to discussing actual Steam games.

Yea, I only had 2 left for pillars.. (comment on friend and add video)... now my in game pic one is gone too. So I need to re-do that. It sucks :whistle2:( I don't like combining all these "social" things.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Request name change to PC Game Stream of Consciousness Discussion. No deals in last 5 pages[/QUOTE]
phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

There has, however, been discussion of Steam within the last few posts.

Motion denied.

EDIT: Just so it is clear, I'm not trying to be rude. Let me see if I can get a smiley face to work to further lighten the mood. :)

Just bought the Alan Wake franchise complete set for $10. I never finished the 360 version of the game. I'll get what I can for it on Ebay and just start it over again someday. I had been recently interested in the collector's edition for the book that came with it. The PDF works for me. And the DLC is included here. Could've waited til next summer's steam sale probably, but I didn't.

[quote name='Motoki']Valley W/O Wind 4 pack is $22.49 so $5.63 ish each.

The lame thing I just discovered when I went to try and buy a 4 pack to give away is that you can't buy a 4 pack if you already own the game. How stupid is that? What if I want to buy it for 4 friends. *shakes head*[/QUOTE]

You actually can, there was a link someone posted awhile back that somehow allowed you to bypass things and add the 4 pack to your inventory. The only thing is you'd need someone without to game that you're giving it to to unpack the bundle and give you the three copies back. If that makes sense

I know it works because I did it with a nation red 4 pack when I already owned it.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']You actually can, there was a link someone posted awhile back that somehow allowed you to bypass things and add the 4 pack to your inventory. The only thing is you'd need someone without to game that you're giving it to to unpack the bundle and give you the three copies back. If that makes sense

I know it works because I did it with a nation red 4 pack when I already owned it.[/QUOTE]

I heard that loophole got fixed.

On another note it looks like
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack has just been released for steam for the reasonable $7.19 (10% off).
http://store.steampowered.com/app/206370/

This was one of the better games on PS Vita. Great Platformer.

[youtube]kYxTYss7j_4[/youtube]

[quote name='pROvIs']I heard that loophole got fixed.

On another note it looks like
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack has just been released for steam for the reasonable $7.19 (10% off).
http://store.steampowered.com/app/206370/

This was one of the better games on PS Vita. Great Platformer.[/QUOTE]

It's possible its been fixed. Last time I did it was in May when nation red was on sale.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Honestly, do we have some of you CAG'rs opinions on VwoW? Because the metacritic reviews ripped it pretty well.[/QUOTE]

The game is alright, but that's about as much as I'd give it. It's pretty bland and gets repetitive pretty quickly. Like any other title with multiplayer, it's more fun, but that doesn't really make the game any better. I'm not sure how much it has changed since it went v1.0. Which was when I played it (before it went on Steam) with a friend.

Anyone want a community beta invite? Giving out both of mine as soon as inventory stops being dumb and shows me my inventory.

Valley Without Wind's demo was dismal. I imagine if it had pixel graphics it would be loved though.

A really boring chopped half of Terraria with no digging or building spliced to a random generated loot grind RPG.

[quote name='Draekon']The game is alright, but that's about as much as I'd give it. It's pretty bland and gets repetitive pretty quickly. Like any other title with multiplayer, it's more fun, but that doesn't really make the game any better. I'm not sure how much it has changed since it went v1.0. Which was when I played it (before it went on Steam) with a friend.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and the multiplayer is kind of why I wanted to give a 4 pack away. Oh well. Stupid Steam. :bomb:

I dunno about the community thing... steam is acting WEAK right now. I just was finishing up the couple of things.. (which I imagine everyone and their brother is doing right now as well)

Well, I have the Pillar of Community badge, got it Jul 22nd. Haven't seen any sort of beta invite in my inbox, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it was way too late for people to finish it.

[quote name='INCyr']Well, I have the Pillar of Community badge, got it Jul 22nd. Haven't seen any sort of beta invite in my inbox, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it was way too late for people to finish it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see it either and didnt see the features but found two copies in my inventory and had to use one.

[quote name='pROvIs']Great deal on Sniper Elite V2. I am debating picking up the DLC and Sniper Elite 1.

Does anyone know how Sniper Elite v1 holds up today?

I am really interested in Valley without Wind but the Cag in me is telling me $7.50 is way too much for an indie game. Is it more a metroidvania or is it closer to contra?[/QUOTE]

Debated Sniper Elite as well. I probably won't get to it by winter sale though. By that time it should get a msrp drop and go 66%-75% off for the sale, at least I hope so.

[quote name='pROvIs']I didn't see it either and didnt see the features but found two copies in my inventory and had to use one.[/QUOTE]

Same

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back