The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunghost']Sequence hasn't been in a bundle, but it has been given out free before by the developer on neogaf. Sword and Soldier was in a humble bundle, you could get it by beating the average (which was too high IMO, you were better off waiting for it to be in another bundle). CTDV was in an Indie Gala bundle, which I'm glad I passed on.

The only game I already had from this Indie Royale is Sequence, cuz I got a key from the developer for free.[/QUOTE]

That must have been where I got Sequence from since I had it in my library and know I didn't buy it.

[quote name='TraBuch']Was The Amazing Spiderman ever on Steam? I could've sworn that it was.[/QUOTE]

Announced and then never happened if I recall correctly.

[quote name='Corpekata']Looks like Borderlands 2 is getting a lot of hardcore regional restrictions http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/zxbmd/here_in_russia_and_the_cis_were_getting_our_own/

While it's not giftable anymore I don't know if that applies to copies purchased before the change so may want to keep an eye out if you're trading for it.[/QUOTE]
I was reading in a guide on Reddit that when they change restrictions for a game they make a new product number for it, they don't ever change the restrictions on an existing product. So if you have a region free one it should remain region free. I read that here.

From the look of that thread it seems that my comment may not be relevant.

The Winter Wolves bundle has added Spirited Heart as a bonus goal for 1,000 bundles, which I do think they can hit. I don't think there's any way they're going to hit 5,000 bundles, so if you decide to put in the $10 to get Planet Stronghold no matter what, you're getting 7 VN/Life-Sim games for $10 ($1.43 per game, folks!).

No, they don't have Steam keys now, but several of them are on Greenlight, and Winter Wolves will be giving out Steam keys for the games that make it to those who buy the bundle.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']The Winter Wolves bundle has added Spirited Heart as a bonus goal for 1,000 bundles, which I do think they can hit. I don't think there's any way they're going to hit 5,000 bundles, so if you decide to put in the $10 to get Planet Stronghold no matter what, you're getting 7 VN/Life-Sim games for $10 ($1.43 per game, folks!).

No, they don't have Steam keys now, but several of them are on Greenlight, and Winter Wolves will be giving out Steam keys for the games that make it to those who buy the bundle.[/QUOTE]

Is Planet Stronghold worth the extra $5?

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']The Winter Wolves bundle has added Spirited Heart as a bonus goal for 1,000 bundles, which I do think they can hit. I don't think there's any way they're going to hit 5,000 bundles, so if you decide to put in the $10 to get Planet Stronghold no matter what, you're getting 7 VN/Life-Sim games for $10 ($1.43 per game, folks!).

No, they don't have Steam keys now, but several of them are on Greenlight, and Winter Wolves will be giving out Steam keys for the games that make it to those who buy the bundle.[/QUOTE]
They also changed the run time of the bundle from 8 days to the standard 2 weeks, so there's a chance that the 5k mark will be hit.

You can always add more to your purchase later on if you want Planet Stronghold and the goal isn't hit.

[quote name='Blackout']Are there any schmups on Steam that you guys would recommend?[/QUOTE]

+5 Jamestown. I won it on Steamgifts, had no idea what it was, but had a blast. I really need to get some more wired controllers and get that 4 player action going.

[quote name='golfer']
Rat King Entertainment GbR Pitman Mac PC
QLJ6I-5EM5X-SUUZH-LUQ71-O4HDN Universal

Sacred gold steam$4H6HY-MBV9C-FNRDM

Space empires v steam$4IZEZ-DK260-34JQX

Star wolves steam$42EKP-MA0KQ-M5FV0

Not to interested in sacred gold myself. But you reminded me I had a key for it. There's a few others too, just codes I got in bundles and have no use for. Enjoy!
[/QUOTE]
Grabbed Sacred Gold yesterday and I just realized that I haven't said anything after this. Shame on me.
Thank you very much for sharing nice things with CAGs.

[quote name='travathian']+5 Jamestown. I won it on Steamgifts, had no idea what it was, but had a blast. I really need to get some more wired controllers and get that 4 player action going.[/QUOTE]

This, I loved Jamestown even though I hate shmups.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Good grief, FTL is like 90% RNG and easy as pie up until the final boss who is just ridiculously overpowered.[/QUOTE]

Finally managed to beat it on Easy (I know right?) with an Engi ship and probably spending way too much time in nebulas earning scrap. I do agree that RNG is rather unkind in this game. Especially the events that just kill off one of your crew members.

[quote name='aa.jetta']Finally managed to beat it on Easy (I know right?) with an Engi ship and probably spending way too much time in nebulas earning scrap. I do agree that RNG is rather unkind in this game. Especially the events that just kill off one of your crew members.[/QUOTE]
That is kind of the point of the genre though...

In a more old-school roguelike, you would have to be the luckiest person alive to beat it in the first week of release, and a lot of people never beat them.

[quote name='aa.jetta']Finally managed to beat it on Easy (I know right?) with an Engi ship and probably spending way too much time in nebulas earning scrap. I do agree that RNG is rather unkind in this game.
Especially the events that just kill off one of your crew members.
[/QUOTE]

Woah, spoiler tag that there, son.

[quote name='ParkCarsHere']That is kind of the point of the genre though...

In a more old-school roguelike, you would have to be the luckiest person alive to beat it in the first week of release, and a lot of people never beat them.[/QUOTE]
Well, you're halfway there. In a really good roguelike, you have nearly limitless options at any given time. Even in a no win scenario you can drag it out so that killing you is harder than nailing jello to a wall.

In FTL, the basic gameplay is really simple. Almost every event is just a random chance "crew dies/ship loses 10 hull" or "you get a weapon/scrap" if you don't have the right blue option crew/ship. Worst part is that the game is quite easy for 90% of it, with only the final boss being particularly difficult and THAT'S relying on if you got lucky with the weapon drops through the game.

So I preordered Dishonored off GMG, not knowing much other than it was steampunk deus ex. After watching a 3 minute gameplay trailer, I was almost creaming my pants excited for the game. :lol:

It might be cheaper to get a boxed copy of Dishonored, as it's Steamworks anyway. You can already pre-order for ~US$44 delivered from the UK (includes DLC, too), so I can only imagine there will be better deals closer to release. Not to mention you'd pay on dispatch, instead of when ordering.

[quote name='voken']LOL...watch the comments...someone is probably going to scream "FAKE" somewhere. (to incite it more, set your inventory as private)

Anyway, cool of you for giving away BL2[/QUOTE]

CStryker (20 minutes ago)
Could you dear giveaway-author please grant access to your steam-inventory as a sign of trust. I am highly suspicious of high-priced-giveaways from

[quote name='PenguinJim']It might be cheaper to get a boxed copy of Dishonored, as it's Steamworks anyway. You can already pre-order for ~US$44 delivered from the UK (includes DLC, too), so I can only imagine there will be better deals closer to release. Not to mention you'd pay on dispatch, instead of when ordering.[/QUOTE]
I got a copy at Green Man Gaming for $45.

Green Man Gaming was the cheapest with the 25% off coupon and since Amazon could not get a DD preorder so I bit there.

Well... the cheapest was actually in my link. ;) (I know GMG have it without the DLC for $45, but boxed + DLC + shipping is still cheaper if you can wait a week)

I'm not suggesting for you to cancel and re-order from the UK. That link was just an example of how cheap it is already, and it's likely that other retailers to have it cheaper before release. And given the team's pedigree, will it just be a box with a Steam code and a DLC code and nothing else? Might be artbooks and soundtracks etc, like Dark Souls and Endless Space.

I'd certainly advise people to wait on this one.

[quote name='TraBuch']CStryker (20 minutes ago)
Could you dear giveaway-author please grant access to your steam-inventory as a sign of trust. I am highly suspicious of high-priced-giveaways from

[quote name='dfg']That coming from someone who's never given anything away, and doesn't say thank you very often. Shocking.[/QUOTE]

That's the way people are on SG. They get into huge arguments/accusations when they "suspect" something is fake. Then they get really mad and upset when you've "wasted" the free virtual points you earn on the site.

There's a ton of cool people there who do giveaways for whatever reason, but a few of them are bad apples.

Edit: Daily Deal is Rochard at $3.39 - sign of things to come in a bundle?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That's the way people are on SG. They get into huge arguments/accusations when they "suspect" something is fake. Then they get really mad and upset when you've "wasted" the free virtual points you earn on the site.

There's a ton of cool people there who do giveaways for whatever reason, but a few of them are bad apples.

Edit: Daily Deal is Rochard at $3.39 - sign of things to come in a bundle?[/QUOTE]

It happened with limbo. Daily deal then in the humble bundle a few days later

FWIW, I bought Rochard when it was $5 and enjoyed it a lot. I put almost 10 hours into it, I think... And I wasn't trying to get all the collectibles, etc. so it has a decent length. The gameplay mechanics are also interesting/fun - you play around with gravity, lasers, and so on.

Worth $5 IMO, and DEFINITELY worth $3.39.

I bought Rochard off PSN when it was $5. I still need to try that out sometime :lol:.

I also am proud of myself. I made a gaming list of the order I am going to be playing my games in the next two months.

Borderlands 2 then Dishonored or Darksiders (depending on how long B2 takes because I need to play Dishonored day 1), then after I finish both of them Rayman Origins.

One of my favorite indie titles. Got Rochard in the IGN Prime deal and it was well worth the play through. Story was fantastic as was the physics based, puzzle solving gameplay.

It doesn't seem like a coincidence that Rochard is a daily deal today. I bet they're trying to get a few more sales in before the Humble Bundle starts (if it's included in it, which seems somewhat likely). Could be an indication that the Humble Bundle starts monday.

It's a good game, but I would hold off on buying it due to that.

[quote name='sunghost']It doesn't seem like a coincidence that Rochard is a daily deal today. I bet they're trying to get a few more sales in before the Humble Bundle starts (if it's included in it, which seems somewhat likely). Could be an indication that the Humble Bundle starts monday.

It's a good game, but I would hold off on buying it due to that.[/QUOTE]
You make an interesting point. It doesn't help that this particular Humble Bundle hasn't been leaked early. Personally, I am interested in Rochard, but I'm going to take your advice and see what Humble Bundle VI brings.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']You make an interesting point. It doesn't help that this particular Humble Bundle hasn't been leaked early. Personally, I am interested in Rochard, but I'm going to take your advice and see what Humble Bundle VI brings.[/QUOTE]
I'm still not convinced it's the true HIB6. Previously they've been marked in sequential numbers in the steam database before launch, including the debut and androids. It'll be a nice surprise for me if it is the real HIB6, but I don't think it will be.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So I preordered Dishonored off GMG, not knowing much other than it was steampunk deus ex. After watching a 3 minute gameplay trailer, I was almost creaming my pants excited for the game. :lol:[/QUOTE]
GOTY. I preordered it too not realizing it wasn't going to release until the 12th according to their site. The US release date is the 9th. So I'll end up getting a PS3 copy as well as the PC copy later I guess.

[quote name='plft']I'm still not convinced it's the true HIB6. Previously they've been marked in sequential numbers in the steam database before launch, including the debut and androids. It'll be a nice surprise for me if it is the real HIB6, but I don't think it will be.[/QUOTE]

Actually at the time they added HB6 they also went back and revised the subscriptions titles to all past bundles. If this were another android/goofy bundle they'd be up to 9 or 10 right now.

That doesn't discount his point. When HIB registries appear, they get temporary titles that are later adjusted. That there is now one named HIB6 is no guarantee that it will remain that way, and given Hunble's past scheduling, they're not due for their next numbered iteration just yet. It could be 6, but chances are good that it's another developer showcase first.

[quote name='sunghost']It doesn't seem like a coincidence that Rochard is a daily deal today. I bet they're trying to get a few more sales in before the Humble Bundle starts (if it's included in it, which seems somewhat likely). Could be an indication that the Humble Bundle starts monday.

It's a good game, but I would hold off on buying it due to that.[/QUOTE]

Noted, Thank You much.

I might have missed this but did someone mention "The OddBox" on Steam? 30% off at $10.49 for four games that have been sitting in my wishlist.

Should I wait for a possible winter sale or should I pull the trigger?

[quote name='SeymourGams']I might have missed this but did someone mention "The OddBox" on Steam? 30% off at $10.49 for four games that have been sitting in my wishlist.

Should I wait for a possible winter sale or should I pull the trigger?[/QUOTE]

Wait for a 75% off or more sale that should be coming sooner than the Winter Sale.

[quote name='zillionandnine'] Rochard...

...worth $5 IMO, and DEFINITELY worth $3.39.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely an enjoyable physics puzzler/platformer and worth playing regardless wherever you pick it up.

To The Moon mini-review:
Many words have already been written about TtM's heart-warming story, but I have to admit I had some skepticism going into the game. I felt some of the twists and turns were pretty obvious, and I definitely was annoyed by some of the characters at first, but I found myself more and more invested in the world and story as the game went on. Maybe the fact that I recently got married played a part in it, but I sat back at the end of the game with a strange feeling in my heart... and regardless of the feeling, it's been a LONG time since a game's story has impacted me like that.

TtM is relatively short (Steam says I beat it in less than 3.5 hours), yet I still think it's worth the $10 asking price. I'm sure most CAGs would rather wait til it goes on sale for $5 or less, but fans of good story or visual novels should take note. Although this game has the trappings of a 16bit JRPG, it's more of a simple adventure game or interactive visual novel anyway. Highly recommended!

(The last game I beat was Max Payne 3, and I have to say I appreciated the brisk change of pace from that bleak world...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back