The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record, noted GAME OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS confirmed winner Banzai Pecan is on Steam Greenlight.

Also, Greenlight was the first place I heard ACTUALLY good, not just ironically sexy good*, Wii shooter Real Heroes Firefighter made it to PC. Immediately bought it for $10 from Amazon. Why does nobody tell me about these ports? Carcassonne, Gunman Clive, the whole suite of Nyu Media and Rockin Android translated games. Why does none of this stuff I really would like to see reach me unless I stumble on it by accident?

*I genuinely like both BP and RH:F but BP is not a great game. RH is a solid, well produced firefighting game that deserves more love than it got.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Very fun game. For fans of Puzzle Quest, this is Poker Quest. Yes, it was in an Indie Royale bundle a while back, but it's definitely worth $2.50 if you missed out.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I really enjoyed the game and still load it up every now and then on my laptop.

[quote name='Kaltic']I haven't played the second one, but I know the first one has absolutely no single player.[/QUOTE]

Just read some reviews, the SP sounds awful. Hmm, wonder how the random matchmaking is. Not sure I'll buy with B2 taking all my free time

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I can say that the Xbox 360 controller has been an amazing investment for my PC. The most modern games usually replace the on-screen prompts with 360 controls, and the design is truly ergonomic, making it an excellent choice. Overall, I could replace it every year and still consider the 360 controller an excellent investment. (Luckily, it lasts for much longer. In fact, I've always wanted the Silver edition with the "improved D-Pad," but my current one remains fully functional.)

As for Logitech mouses ("Mice," if you prefer.), I had the M510 (I believe that's the model number. It came with the Wave Keyboard.) and thought it was excellent. However, it had one absolutely fatal flaw - The mouse will always break within 6 months of use. I went through three before I moved on. I spent nearly $100 on the Logitech Performance MX mouse and found the Middle Click didn't always register. (Another fatal flaw for the PC game enthusiast.) Thus, I, begrudgingly, went back to a standard wired mouse. Personally, I think Logitech products are high quality, but I've concluded that they need to put more resources into mouse development.

If you bothered to read my entire post, kudos to you.[/QUOTE]

Just chiming in to say that the middle click button sucks donkey balls on the Logitech Performance mouse MX. I thought it was just mine at first but after reading around the net seems like mostly everyone who actually bothers to use the middle button has that issue with that mouse so it seems like a design flaw. Considering how ridiculously expensive it is that's rather unacceptable but I already long since bought the darned thing now.

For anyone who games and ever might think about getting the performance mouse MX, which I can't imagine will be many given the nature of this forum but still, don't get it.

Agreed on the 360 controller for the PC though. I don't use on on every game but those that I do it works flawlessly.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I don't play any game whatsoever with keyboard/mouse, but Torchlight wouldn't make much sense with a controller, even I play that game with a mouse. I mean if they turned into some kind of twin stick shooter controls that could be great, but the game isn't really set up that way. I think that'd be the only good way to controler-ize it.[/QUOTE]

TL1 was on 360 and TL2 is going to consoles too. PC gamers crying about 360 controllers is the funniest shit ever to me, nobody is forcing you to use one so what is there to complain about? Not talking about you btw just speaking in general.

[quote name='Greyghost']Just chiming in to say that the middle click button sucks donkey balls on the Logitech Performance mouse MX. I thought it was just mine at first but after reading around the net seems like mostly everyone who actually bothers to use the middle button has that issue with that mouse so it seems like a design flaw. Considering how ridiculously expensive it is that's rather unacceptable but I already long since bought the darned thing now.

For anyone who games and ever might think about getting the performance mouse MX, which I can't imagine will be many given the nature of this forum but still, don't get it.[/QUOTE]
I'm glad that someone else can verify that the middle click function on the Performance MX is awful. I went through quite a bit to return it, but it all turned out well enough.

Still, I have to find a wireless mouse that's well suited for games.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I'm glad that someone else can verify that the middle click function on the Performance MX is awful. I went through quite a bit to return it, but it all turned out well enough.

Still, I have to find a wireless mouse that's well suited for games.[/QUOTE]

The Logitech G700 is your best bet. It's a fantastic wireless gaming mouse. The only downside is the battery life is short, but you're not gonna find a wireless gaming mouse with good battery life.

[quote name='sunghost']The Logitech G700 is your best bet. It's a fantastic wireless gaming mouse. The only downside is the battery life is short, but you're not gonna find a wireless gaming mouse with good battery life.[/QUOTE]
It sounds like that's the type of mouse I'd be looking for. My question is: Is the middle click fully functional and responsive?

While I'm at it: What kind of battery life are we talking about? Hours, days?

Imma gonna pop on in for a moment.. I have a 360 controller plugged into my pc at this moment. And I'm about to use to play BL2 after I post this. And really the only game that I couldn't get it to work well on that I wanted to get it to work with was Binary Domain. They're a nice investment for a computer, and many games already support it natively, especially ports or anything that goes to a console.

As to a mouse, I'm on the Logitech G500 bus. One of my favorite parts about it is the rack in the bottom to change the weight of the mouse, from nothing to adding up to 27 extra grams, which gives it a nice weight. The variable dpi settings are nice, both for gaming, but also useful in programs where you need precision at times, but want to move the mouse faster most of the time, like photoshop or ArcGIS. A finally, it's a pretty comfortable mouse as well. A nice size, nicely rounded, and works with multiple grips. And no batteries needed.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']It sounds like that's the type of mouse I'd be looking for. My question is: Is the middle click fully functional and responsive?

While I'm at it: What kind of battery life are we talking about? Hours, days?[/QUOTE]

The middle click has been solid enough for me, haven't had any problems with it. Battery life can last from hours to a couple of days, depends on how often you're using the mouse. It can also be used as a wired mouse if you use the cord that it comes with (which can also charge the battery). I personally just keep a bunch of rechargeables and swap it out whenever it gets low.

It's one of the best, if not the best wireless gaming mice available right now.

I been rocking the G500 for years now. Granted I don't keep up with the latest mouses from Logitech but whatever the latest G series mouse from Logitech is (wired or wireless), it should be solid. Never had a problem with Logitech mouses before. Any logitech mouse that isn't a G-series is usually not made for gaming which is understandable. I think the G-series was made for more precise movements, and better accuracy hence the higher prices.

In fact, my keyboard is also a logitech as well (G110).

I keep thinking I should get a 360 pad for my PC gaming, but as it turns out, I play very few games on PC that would benefit from using a joypad. The last time I plugged in my USB pad was for Super Meat Boy. I suppose Dynamite Jack would have gone well with a controller, but it was simple enough not to bother. Terraria uses the mouse pointer for several weapons and spells as well as construction and mining, so that's out as well, and most else I play are in genres that boil down to point and click.

Then again, I have SRtT installed and ready to go. Perhaps this will be the game that tips the scale.

[quote name='DPsycho']I keep thinking I should get a 360 pad for my PC gaming, but as it turns out, I play very few games on PC that would benefit from using a joypad. The last time I plugged in my USB pad was for Super Meat Boy. I suppose Dynamite Jack would have gone well with a controller, but it was simple enough not to bother. Terraria uses the mouse pointer for several weapons and spells as well as construction and mining, so that's out as well, and most else I play are in genres that boil down to point and click.

Then again, I have SRtT installed and ready to go. Perhaps this will be the game that tips the scale.[/QUOTE]

I think any third person shooter benefits from a controller. The right stick on my 360 controller seems to be dying on me now so I've been playing more mouse and keyboard and am now realizing how much more fun controllers are over mouse and keyboard for TPS.

Just grabbed a Razer Mamba on Amazon. I know I'm gonna have buyers remorse (if you don't have buyer's remorse after spending $100+, you have a problem), but the decision came down to the shape of the mouse. All of the Logitech mouses are the "big" style, which I have used many times and have never liked. I've had my issues with Razer, but through Amazon I'm always free to return it if I don't like it or it comes not working properly.

It's supposed to have excellent battery life, comes with a charging station, and an optional USB cable to charge it + make it work like a corded mouse. The reviews are generally positive besides the cases where people receive it not working right. Razer seems to do that a lot.

[quote name='6er']How is the single player experience in the Red Orchestra games? MP might nor be big by the time I get to it[/QUOTE]

Don't buy it hoping to get any singleplayer mileage out of it. RO2 does have bot play for every map - but the AI is awful. The MP community is very strong and it's about to get full Steam Workshop integration so it shouldn't be going away any time soon.

[quote name='Idiotekque']All of the Logitech mouses are the "big" style, which I have used many times and have never liked. [/QUOTE]

This is true and, incidentally, is one of my favorite things about them. I have a fairly large hand and it fits comfortably over the G5.

I've had mine for many years now. I used to burn through them like made when I was heavily into multiplayer FPS games. Not so much anymore. It's been very reliable and has a nice clickable middle button to boot.

[quote name='walkonshadows']@severose & M_F_A_H

What's with this new trend of just posting an avatar as a reply?[/QUOTE]
my collection of mice
frozen_pink_mice_2011_op_638x478.jpg

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I'm using two cheap mice right now. Loving both.

Coolermaster Xornet - this one is a little light, but good. The pinky rest can be a little confusing but for the 12 bucks I paid for it I am not complaining.

e-Blue Cobra Jr. - This is a hong kong import. Great mouse. No complaints at all. great feel, movement, etc. At only $10 it is a great value. Will probably order another e-blue model (fancier one) just to try it out.

[quote name='sunasun']my collection of mice

[/QUOTE]
Nice collection, you must have a nice assortment of mice users :lol:.

So browsing Steam Greenlight I find this and I am wondering to myself is this really as fucking awesome as I think it can be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f2yIXhnPIhE

Ok so I have shitty Impulse installed (because I bought Darkspore and I needed to grab the CD key from it a wee while back). So today it just somehow defied logic and said ok were updating now even though I never had it running or even task manager hiding. Looks like I will be uninstalling this soon.

[quote name='sunghost']I think they're trying to show how the posters avatar/picture matches the content of their post. Doesn't always make much sense lol.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for Sevorose, but pretty much this. I make a mental note of avatars I've seen from the last few pages and use them to respond accordingly. For example, Mooby's gamepad diatribe deserved the cold stare.

[quote name='Mooby']You should all be locked in a room with only bread, water, and a mouse and keyboard for no less than a month until you come to accept the glorious PC centric controls and cast off your console ways.

Seriously, though, I'm too old to figure out how to comfortably manipulate modern controllers. Twin stick? The hell? In my day we used our left thumb for the D-pad and our right thumb for pushing A and B and we loved it.

Seriously seriously, though using a controller for an isometric hack-n-slash ARPG or an FPS should be a flogging offense.[/QUOTE]
image.php

@Meeza avatar

[quote name='DPsycho']Then again, I have SRtT installed and ready to go. Perhaps this will be the game that tips the scale.[/QUOTE]
I loved SR3 and played it with a usual hybrid setup of swapping between controller for driving & general action and swapping over to KB&M for more intense run & gun bits. A controller makes the driving events a lot more enjoyable (which are not required for the main story).

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just grabbed a Razer Mamba on Amazon. I know I'm gonna have buyers remorse (if you don't have buyer's remorse after spending $100+, you have a problem).[/QUOTE]
...or just a lot of money.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']

image.php

[/QUOTE]

334.jpg

[quote name='vince_carter']TL1 was on 360 and TL2 is going to consoles too. PC gamers crying about 360 controllers is the funniest shit ever to me, nobody is forcing you to use one so what is there to complain about? Not talking about you btw just speaking in general.[/QUOTE]

I'm concerned for your soul! Do not give in to evil! On a serious note I'm not 100% sure TL2 is going to consoles. I believe they said something about them having insufficient memory or something. Don't quote me on that.

[quote name='walkonshadows']@severose & M_F_A_H

What's with this new trend of just posting an avatar as a reply?[/QUOTE]

Pic = My face when I read the post

EDIT: Kinda stealing M_F_A_H's idea (he's the one who originally did this), but I see the picture and it does the job (in my mind at least) of communicating what I feel when reading the particular post.

I'm three years late here, but Torchlight is a lot of fun. I'm also absolutely astounded by how well it plays on a shitty 5+ year old laptop with integrated graphics. I seriously have it maxed out and it MAY dip below 30 fps during massive battles with multiple magic casting enemies (more particle effects). I guess it doesn't have jaw-dropping graphics or anything, but it's still impressive how well optimized it is for any system.

Can't wait to fire up Torchlight 2 in a week or two!

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm three years late here, but Torchlight is a lot of fun. I'm also absolutely astounded by how well it plays on a shitty 5+ year old laptop with integrated graphics. I seriously have it maxed out and it MAY dip below 30 fps during massive battles with multiple magic casting enemies (more particle effects). I guess it doesn't have jaw-dropping graphics or anything, but it's still impressive how well optimized it is for any system.

Can't wait to fire up Torchlight 2 in a week or two![/QUOTE]
I love Torchlight because it runs on anything. There is no excuse that oh my PC can't run it type of deals :lol:.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']
image.php

Come on, that worked too damn perfectly[/QUOTE]
it works. lol
picture.php

objects in post are smaller than they appear.

Mark of the Ninja is coming to Steam on October 16th and despite being published by Microsoft on the 360, it will NOT use games for windows live. I've been playing it on XBLA and it's really great.

“I’m primarily a PC person myself, and I’m not okay in any way with this feeling like a shoddy port,” said Anderson. “It’s my intention that this is a full, proper version of the game in its own right.”

They must have some good business minded people working there if they got a deal with MS so they could publish themselves (I assume) on Steam and with EA so that they still had the control necessary to put Shank in an indie bundle.

source

Dammit Torchlight II is awesome... I pretty much played it all weekend... if you don't have it, consider it a CAG move to buy it at $20! If only every new awesome game launched at $20

[quote name='vince_carter']TL1 was on 360 and TL2 is going to consoles too.[/QUOTE]

I have TL1 on both systems, and I seriously can't justify it being ported to 360. Everything was awful compared to the PC version. See, when I play PC games, I'm sitting at a PC with a 20" monitor two feet away from my face; but when I play 360 games, I'm playing on a 60" widescreen TV from across the room. I fear that this concept was somehow lost on Runic, because the text is unreadable for me. They also changed everything to perform automatically: auto-aim, auto-pick the best potion to heal, auto-summon Nether Imp (even though making a Nether Imp out of anything other than a champion is useless), and so on. I played as an Alchemist on both versions, and I could not figure out how to stop and shoot enemies from a distance like you can in the PC version simply by holding Shift. And instead of 10 (or actually 12) item/skill slots, we were forced to use 8. It felt far less controllable than it did on PC. I know they spent a lot of time making it acceptable on 360, but I found it vastly inferior. Who wants to press a combination of buttons when they could just press one key?

I assume people who gave the Arcade version such high rankings have never played the PC version. So much easier to use, at least in my mind. I hope they keep TL2 on PC and decide not to port it over.

[quote name='Blade'] I hope they keep TL2 on PC and decide not to port it over.[/QUOTE]

Why would you hope this? I never understand this... They have a great game, if they port it to the 360 more people can buy it.. If more people buy it then they can continue to make great games. Why does the fact that others like to play games differently annoy so many people? It's not preventing them from playing the way they want.. I just don't get it.

I personally loved TL1 on Xbox360 - I am a fan of gamepads.
I am an oldschool mouse & kb user - way back to getting things to run on my crappy gateway 286. I find that, for me at least, gamepads are a much more enjoyable way to play most games. Obviously I am not talking Starcraft 2 or anything - but Torchlight? Yeah, I am fine with a controller.

I bought Mark of the Ninja after playing the 360 demo knowing it would come to PC, knowing I would double dip on it and I definitely will. Like Shank 2 before it, MotN is amazing.

[quote name='KaOTiK']oooo Xcom demo up, downloading[/QUOTE]

Nice. Was going to buy anyway, but I'll definitely get the demo to mess around with for a couple weeks.

TL;DR: Torchlight 2 on next gen consoles, maybe, certainly not on the the current consoles.

FAQ
I heard that Torchlight 2 won't be ported to the XBox360/XBLA?
To try to keep a technical explanation simple, Torchlight 1 for the PC required 512 MB of RAM and 64 MB of dedicated Graphics memory. This is less memory than exists on either the XBox 360 or the Playstation 3. For the XBLA port of Torchlight 1 they had to seriously revamp the game to optimize it to the point so that it could just barely fit under the system's hardware limits. In Torchlight 2's case, which has those optimizations built in already, it is already using more RAM than Torchlight 1, and because of that Runic Games has stated that if they were to port the game to any console it would require a lot of work to even attempt to get it to work.

However, by the time the next generation consoles are released it may once again be feasible to port Torchlight 2, so we'll probably get a final word around that time.

[quote name='asheskitty']TL;DR: Torchlight 2 on next gen consoles, maybe, certainly not on the the current consoles.

FAQ[/QUOTE]
I find it hilarious that they could port Crysis and Metro 2033, games that were supposed to be PC Killers to consoles yet Torchlight 2 can't be ported :lol:.

Then again Torchlight 2 can run on about anything so you don't really need a console port.

Either way I still love Torchlight. Gonna download T2 tonight if I remember. Although with my Borderlands addiction, I probably wont play it. Although it will be good to keep it updated.

Today's deal is Take on Helicopters at 66% off ($10.19)

The Hinds DLC is also on sale for $4.07
A bundle with both items is $12.91

The brand new helicopter game from independent developers Bohemia Interactive – creators of the award-winning military-Sim series Arma 2. Built upon over 10 years of experience in cutting-edge simulator development, Take On Helicopters immerses players within beautifully rich landscapes and an authentic flight model.
Genre: Simulation

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is Take on Helicopters at 66% off ($10.19)

The Hinds DLC is also on sale for $4.07
A bundle with both items is $12.91

The brand new helicopter game from independent developers Bohemia Interactive – creators of the award-winning military-Sim series Arma 2. Built upon over 10 years of experience in cutting-edge simulator development, Take On Helicopters immerses players within beautifully rich landscapes and an authentic flight model.
Genre: Simulation[/QUOTE]

Nice deal, but I really need a stick for these games (no penis jokes please).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back