The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaltic']It does that because the website loads in some of the giveaways before the add-on responds. Thus is loading giveaways you blocked out and then removing them in a couple seconds. So if that it occurring for you then that should mean it is working.[/QUOTE]
I get what it's doing, I just dislike the visual effect of it happening. That's completely a personal thing though.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I get what it's doing, I just dislike the visual effect of it happening. That's completely a personal thing though.[/QUOTE]

Nah, not really, it peeves me too. :cry:

Whoa, $2.49 is an excellent price for Blocks That Matter. I got the game when it was in a Humble Bundle, and it turned out to be one of my personal favorites.

Blocks That Matter definitely deserves your time if you like Platformer's and Puzzles.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The ignore feature doesn't work correctly for me either. I told it to ignore games I already owned AND I added Rome: Total War and it still showed me every single copy.[/QUOTE]

This is actually due to the way that Steam Gifts tracks the games that you own. It only updates your library in it's system every few days. If you have recently added an item you will need to go in and manually sync Steam Gifts.

Click on Account at the top of the page and then click on Sync Account. There should be a Force Sync button which will update your library information and keep the ones you already own from showing up.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']This is actually due to the way that Steam Gifts tracks the games that you own. It only updates your library in it's system every few days. If you have recently added an item you will need to go in and manually sync Steam Gifts.

Click on Account at the top of the page and then click on Sync Account. There should be a Force Sync button which will update your library information and keep the ones you already own from showing up.[/QUOTE]

I've done that with no relief. Seems maybe it is my browser problem, but it just doesn't work for me. I just learn to scroll on by.

[quote name='cheaplikeafox']

also, tony from amazon just posted this:

Our deal of the week next week is stupid awesome.

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Deus ex human revolution augmented edition + dlc
supreme commander 2
hitman blood money
the last remnant
just cause
just cause 2
quantum conundrum
[/quote]

[quote name='syntax error']..."what are seven games that will soon make up 45% of steamgifts?"[/quote]

lmao! :D

[quote name='6er']//Think I'll wait a year until xcom and dishonored are in a bundle with 6 other games for $10 at amazon// :lol:[/QUOTE]

Do you think it'll come w/ any Dishonored DLC? ;)

EDIT:
First, we got to somehow get Amazon DVG to convince Zenimax-Bethesda to join them! :p

[quote name='plft']On that upcoming amazon pack, unfortunately I own all of those but that is an incredible deal.

Seeing as how KOA:R will probably never go on sale on steam again, http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-KOARC/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-collection-bundle this is quite a good price for it. Includes the dlc as well. Especially if you include the 15% discount that I'm still cross with IGN for never giving me.

Basically, can anyone convince me NOT to grab this. sunghost has graciously volunteered to assist me with the IGN discount should I decide to grab the game.[/QUOTE]

Why won't it go on sale on steam again? Isn't EA the publisher, and it's on sale at gamers gate?

I just found two extra gift copies of AirMech in my inventory. I take it these are more F2P betas? I get excited whenever I see new stuff in my inventory, thinking that I won something on SG. It's almost always something free or a coupon, though. :(

Anyway, two people who don't have access to it and want an invite should PM me their Steam e-mails. I still have two invites to Super MNC, too...

[quote name='msdmoney']Why won't it go on sale on steam again? Isn't EA the publisher, and it's on sale at gamers gate?[/QUOTE]
38 Studios had a separate distribution deal with Valve for Steam. With 38 Studios gone, there's no one to negotiate sales with. The Gamers Gate version activates on Origin, not Steam.

If you want to buy the rights, you can wait for the 38 Studios Intellectual Property auction to take place! You won't have to wait quite as long if you just want an authentic KOA work station or motion capture glove.

[quote name='msdmoney']Why won't it go on sale on steam again? Isn't EA the publisher, and it's on sale at gamers gate?[/QUOTE]
EA is the publisher everywhere except for the steam version. The publisher is now the state of Rhode Island, who doesn't seem to know about how they can make a lot of money from low low prices on steam sales. If you look at KOA:R on steam it's still $60 even though the price has been cut everywhere else.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Personally, I think MP has been ruining FPS. A lot of them nowadays seem focused on MP and just some quick and thoughtless SP campaign. I guess I still remember stuff like the original COD games and Medal of Honor games where I thought the SP was stellar. I rarely play MP. Just not very good and don't really care about stats or stuff like that. I do like co-op but that isn't a focus of these games either.[/QUOTE]
If you ever play Left 4 Dead, hit me up, I'll play with you.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Indie Gala store games will not be in THEIR bundles, but could always show up in other bundles, most likely Groupees.

Also, they have Gala points but they are worthless. For example, if they discount a game in the store, they then reduce or eliminate the Gala Point discount on that game. So the overall effect makes them useless.

Also, Tony from Amazon just posted this:

Our Deal of the Week next week is stupid awesome.

$9.99 for a bundle with:

Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition + DLC
Supreme Commander 2
Hitman Blood Money
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum

I believe these are all Steam?

Crazy stoopid deal![/QUOTE]
Yeah Tony confirmed they're all Steam Redeemable. :bouncy:I only want Quantum Conundrum though.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Yeah, seeing Worms Golf and Broken Sword games all week can get quite tiresome. For that reason I prefer giving my extra bundle keys on a group called "Bundle Leftovers", so only people that are interested in those type of games can see it :)

Oh, and I dont know if you know, but there is a browser plugin available for steamgifts, that allows you put games to a "ignore" list, and they will not appear anymore :)[/QUOTE]
I want in :D

[quote name='glennfrank']The steamgifts greasemonkey addon is a lifesaver. If I see something I am not interested in, or 500 of something I have no desire to enter, I just hit ignore and never have to see them again.

Edit: I WISH there was an option to just have it load all the giveaways at once. I hate loading every time I scroll down. [ If there is an option for this and I have somehow missed it, please enlighten me! :) ][/QUOTE]
Umm, where is the ignore button?
and to make the bundle items not show up, I just buy them :roll:
Oh, and also gremlins are slow.

[quote name='sunasun']Yeah Tony confirmed they're all Steam Redeemable. :bouncy:I only want Quantum Conundrum though.[/QUOTE]
Steam keys? That's an amazing bundle.

[quote name='sunasun']
Umm, where is the ignore button?
[/QUOTE]

If you install the greasemonkey script there is a text link under the desciption:

example:
212 Entries 17 Comments Ignore

http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/ba6uc/sg-enhancement-addon

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Dishonored review - skyrim with a slightly better combat system.[/QUOTE]

Just slightly better? Ouch. I didn't play much of Skyrim, but I didn't enjoy the combat at all from the little bit I did play.

This is starting to become the "amazon deals side discussion thread" and won't stop if Tony keeps killing steam's deals. I'm not complaining at all. Getting the one on Sunday myself, Have JC2 on PS3(traded it once it was out for PS+) but lost the save a while back when BF3 gave the that wondrfully BF3 PS3 hard drive corruption issue right after it launched. I had traded in DE:HR on PS3 in anticipation of a deal like this, and have been interested in TLR, especially with an SSD on my PC(I had heard even on PC the load times were bad). SC2 interests me. I had SC and the expansion, but could only get the expanison to work for some odd reason. didn't like it enough to care, though, so I'll give SC2 a try. Have QC, but sunasun is taking that off my hands so this is working out great for me. Only game I doubt I'll play is JC. I have heard there is no real draw to it if you have already played JC2.

Only downside is a bigger backlog.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Dishonored review - skyrim with a slightly better combat system.[/QUOTE]
I haven't played the game, but that doesn't stop me from thinking that that description is very inaccurate.

i FOUND SOME ORANGE BOX CODES.

I don't know if they work, but THINK one will. I tried to enter them into my account to gift one, but since I already used one of them, it only says "product already owned"ish for both keys.

let me know if one works, hopefully one does. If not, sorry.

EDIT: USED

I FOUND SOME ORANGE BOX CODES.

I don't know if they work, but THINK one will. I tried to enter them into my account to gift one, but since I already used one of them, it only says "product already owned"ish for both keys.

RBB2M-L33RQ-PLDAK-T6D94-FDPN6

RBB2M-L3V7T-TBV83-F9DYA-FFEY3

Horrible review.

Play the game like it is truly meant to be played, stealth and preferably nonlethal. Playing this like an action game mostly is just going to ruin the experience. Your decisions show up as consequences later for some stuff and really make the game feel alive.

[quote name='6er']

RBB2M-L3V7T-TBV83-F9DYA-FFEY3[/QUOTE]

They seem to have both been used.

Pity. I've been looking for HL2 Episode 2 for quite awhile.

Thanks.

[quote name='6er']i FOUND SOME ORANGE BOX CODES.

RBB2M-L3V7T-TBV83-F9DYA-FFEY3[/QUOTE]

These were both already used. You should use the "Insert Email Link" trick next time you drop codes so only registered members can view them.

[quote name='gilby']They seem to have both been used.

Pity. I've been looking for HL2 Episode 2 for quite awhile.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

That stinks, I hope a CAG got them, or I didn't botch it when I tried to check it. I figured it would have let me choose "gift" as an option if it was still good.

And don't know why I'd would use two...wierd.My retail box had two inserts (I have amazing luck with that happening, maybe the third time I have seen it myself, happened with Red Alert 2 LE, so I basically got to sell it as opened- with unused code on ebay after I finished it, lol)

[quote name='Blade']These were both already used. You should use the "Insert Email Link" trick next time you drop codes so only registered members can view them.[/QUOTE]
Noted.

[quote name='glennfrank']
Just slightly better? Ouch. I didn't play much of Skyrim, but I didn't enjoy the combat at all from the little bit I did play.[/QUOTE]

So far from what I've played the combat system is not good at all. Guns are decent, sword is just slightly better than Skyrim. I did not enjoy the combat in Skyrim either.

[quote name='Englando IV']I haven't played the game, but that doesn't stop me from thinking that that description is very inaccurate.[/QUOTE]

lol...a different story line barely makes it a different game so far, even the pacing starts out almost identical with the story line. The setting is different, but the feel of the game is very similar to me.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Horrible review.

Play the game like it is truly meant to be played, stealth and preferably nonlethal. Playing this like an action game mostly is just going to ruin the experience. Your decisions show up as consequences later for some stuff and really make the game feel alive.[/QUOTE]

OK, this game starts out with weapons and forcing you to fight. Also, it's not like I've been doing things wrong or sabotaging missions. I've been doing the missions correctly. If a game gives me the choice of playing it like an action game I still expect it to be fun and good. If playing it that way is going to "ruin" it then why integrate that and put that as a choice for the gameplay? So your proposition is I play this as a slow, non lethal skyrim? No thanks. That doesn't sound appealing at all.

[quote name='Syntax Error']38 Studios had a separate distribution deal with Valve for Steam. With 38 Studios gone, there's no one to negotiate sales with. The Gamers Gate version activates on Origin, not Steam.

If you want to buy the rights, you can wait for the 38 Studios Intellectual Property auction to take place! You won't have to wait quite as long if you just want an authentic KOA work station or motion capture glove.[/QUOTE]

Nice find -- hopefully someone prone to Steam sales picks up the IP!

I disagree on Dishonored. I think it is basically Deus Ex with swords. The stealth is no better or worse than DX. The prison level at the start is really weak, I will admit. The sword fighting, I actually quite like. It's like Dark Messiah, but with almost no health and more exaggerated swings to allow you to counter them easier.

The one real level I played has been big and side-quest laden. It just feels like DX to me.

I think, first, anyone who tells you HOW to play it is a goof. It's clearly got half of your powers and buffs devoted to swordfighting and, in most situations, you can quite easily wipe the floor with a half dozen guards (Though if you goof up you WILL die.). This is NOT Mark of the Ninja. This is NOT Thief. The stealth mechanics are fun but they aren't amazing. It isn't Conviction either with the stealth combat mix. If you mess up, you just stab some people and get back to the sneaking business, or zot away and try sneaking again. Play it however you think it will be fun. They are going for the DX mix of allowing all playstyles including hilariously contrived nonlethal routes, except they're not doing the DX thing of making stealth much, MUCH easier and much more rewarding than violence. In Dishonored, it seems to be shooting 50/50.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Right then. Thanks for your lengthy reply :lol:[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I wasn't replying to you in particular (or anyone in particular, for that matter). It just seemed to be a common sentiment here (and elsewhere, I've seen), that Oblivion and Skyrim are "too easy" and such.

I guess with some games, the default difficulty feels perfect (or there is no difficult setting at all), and when you play a game where that isn't the case, the immediate reaction is that it's badly made somehow. Maybe some people just aren't used to even touching the difficulty settings. I'm not sure; that's just a guess as to how other people are interpreting it.

[quote name='plft']That's pretty much exactly what I needed. Do you have any short opinions on the dlc to provide?[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're not grabbing the complete pack, my inclination would be to prefer Dead Kel over Teeth of Naros, simply because it feels (at this point, at least) like there's a lot more to it. Upgrading Gravehal Keep in Dead Kel is interesting, although it reminds me in many ways that this game is not Neverwinter Nights 2. The main quest in ToN feels less meaty and shorter, although some of this may be because I hit the level cap about 2/3 of the way through Dead Kel. Also it doesn't seem as though there are as many side quests.

I hope that helps.

Ha, that's exactly how it looked from the video review I watched.

So I am (for some reason) tempted to pick up Arcania before the deal of the day switches over. Am I crazy for wanting it? I have a pretty big backlog and don't know when I am going to get to it.

I've already played most of Gothic 1 & 2 years ago.

[quote name='warreni']Well, if you're not grabbing the complete pack, my inclination would be to prefer Dead Kel over Teeth of Naros, simply because it feels (at this point, at least) like there's a lot more to it. Upgrading Gravehal Keep in Dead Kel is interesting, although it reminds me in many ways that this game is not Neverwinter Nights 2. The main quest in ToN feels less meaty and shorter, although some of this may be because I hit the level cap about 2/3 of the way through Dead Kel. Also it doesn't seem as though there are as many side quests.

I hope that helps.[/QUOTE]
I picked up the complete pack, as the included dlcs pushed me over the edge. Now just to make room in the backlog for it.

[quote name='glennfrank']So I am (for some reason) tempted to pick up Arcania before the deal of the day switches over. Am I crazy for wanting it? I have a pretty big backlog and don't know when I am going to get to it.

I've already played most of Gothic 1 & 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]
It'll go on sale again sometime, so try the demo and see if you like it even though it's very different from the gothic games.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']

OK, this game starts out with weapons and forcing you to fight. Also, it's not like I've been doing things wrong or sabotaging missions. I've been doing the missions correctly. If a game gives me the choice of playing it like an action game I still expect it to be fun and good. If playing it that way is going to "ruin" it then why integrate that and put that as a choice for the gameplay? So your proposition is I play this as a slow, non lethal skyrim? No thanks. That doesn't sound appealing at all.[/QUOTE]

The game gives you weapons but in no way does it ever force you to fight. Considering you can play through the entire game without killing anyone or being detected, yeah I think you missed something and just went straight ahead treating it like any other game that comes out nowadays.

If you have read and watch any stuff by the devs, they all pretty much say this game needs to be played as a stealth game, they give you the options to kill and play as action if you want too but that isn't the point of the game and you will miss out on a huge amount of what the game has to offer.

Sure you can do plenty in combat and upgrade stuff for it and that is needed because sometimes unless you are trying to do a 100% no kill/ghost run you will probably goof up and have to fight people, no reason the combat mechanics can not work well and have their own thing even if they are not the focus of the game. I'm half way done with the game and I've had to kill a handful of people as I goofed, I've probably killed around 20 people total for half the game so far. I avoid it as much as possible.

Sounds to me you went in thinking it is an action game and it isn't and you don't care for stealth which this is. So in your case, you wasted your money then.

I'd buy Game of Thrones at 75% off - but not the Game of Thrones + Genesis package for 75% off. Maybe it's an error that'll fix itself later. Game of Thrones isn't discounted at all by itself (yet all DLC are).

Weekend deal is Focus Weekend catalog for up to 75% off.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Farming simulator 2013 is 75% off of the preorder.[/QUOTE]

They are sure to correct that. If I had even the slightest interest in the game, I'd jump on that right now.

I am interested in the Sherlock Holmes collection though. This is the first time that it's been that low since the 2010 Holiday sale.

EDIT: I can see that Motoki already bought Farming simulator 2013. lol

EDIT #2: OK, I couldn't resit it either. I just bought Farming Simulator 2013. lol

[quote name='Mike UFC']Contemplating the Sherlock Holmes pack for $8.74. I've passed on that thing so many times already and with a new game added....hmmm[/QUOTE]

So am I, but that's just too many games to put on my backlog. :lol:

[quote name='dark2025']It's been $5 before.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure? steamgamesales.com says otherwise. Shows the lowest price being $10. Unless you weren't talking about Dragon Knight Saga, but that's probably the only version to buy now.

[quote name='Englando IV']Are you sure? steamgamesales.com says otherwise. Shows the lowest price being $10.[/QUOTE]

Amazon sometimes sells a steam activatable version for $5.99.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Contemplating the Sherlock Holmes pack for $8.74. I've passed on that thing so many times already and with a new game added....hmmm[/QUOTE]

The Pendulo Studios pack for $14.99 is tempting as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back