The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']So if I buy the season pass from the UK store, all I need is 5,000 blue coins, right? It's only £4.99 over there.[/QUOTE]

No, they convert for you. You would need like 8000

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']No, they convert for you. You would need like 8000[/QUOTE]

So why would I want to order from the UK store? Somebody said it was cheaper there.

It isn't, people are just bad at currency conversion.

Some of these people in the Group Buy & Gift Request Thread are unbelievable... $30 a piece for Skyrim and Dishonored keys, 33% markup already on the Borderlands 2 screwups from GamersGate.

[quote name='The End']So why would I want to order from the UK store? Somebody said it was cheaper there.[/QUOTE]
There has been times when the converted price is cheaper there. I bought Dishonored for a few bucks cheaper that way. But the Blue Coins cost was still the converted US price in Blue Coins, just a slightly cheaper US price.

[quote name='The End']So why would I want to order from the UK store? Somebody said it was cheaper there.[/QUOTE]

They were wrong, but the season pass price was still live there last I checked.

Also, for me the UK site ran a little better than the US so I was able to add the SP to my cart whereas US would not load.

[quote name='Detruire']I had one in my cart, but now the site's so slow that I can't tell whether or not it's still there.[/QUOTE]

If that could be of any help, during the "Bethesda Incident" I managed to pick a copy of the bundle but couldn't get past the checkout to pay for it. I went to sleep, convinced that they would remove the item from my orders, then checked again well after their 30-minute maintenance during which they took the bundle offline... and lo and behold, my copy was still sitting in my cart, waiting for payment.

So, unless they changed something, if you put the item in your cart you should be able to buy it after the site hammering stops :)

I know there is a better forum for this but I wasn't getting any traction or responses there, Anyone have a extra Natural Selection 2 at the 4 pack price they would be willing to part with?

[quote name='Genocidal']It isn't, people are just bad at currency conversion.

Some of these people in the Group Buy & Gift Request Thread are unbelievable... $30 a piece for Skyrim and Dishonored keys, 33% markup already on the Borderlands 2 screwups from GamersGate.[/QUOTE]

My god. I'm all for making a profit, but c'mon man.

[quote name='Junpei']So, unless they changed something, if you put the item in your cart you should be able to buy it after the site hammering stops :)[/QUOTE]
Bah, it somehow changed to the (fixed) UK pricing. :whistle2:(

I sometimes wonder what goes on at the GG offices, First the Bethesda Bundle, Then this BL2 flash sale (which was LITERALLY a flash sale) and now Crusaders Kings 2 and King Arthur The Complete Collection with a 0% discount

[quote name='Junpei']If that could be of any help, during the "Bethesda Incident" I managed to pick a copy of the bundle but couldn't get past the checkout to pay for it. I went to sleep, convinced that they would remove the item from my orders, then checked again well after their 30-minute maintenance during which they took the bundle offline... and lo and behold, my copy was still sitting in my cart, waiting for payment.

So, unless they changed something, if you put the item in your cart you should be able to buy it after the site hammering stops :)[/QUOTE]
You can also change payment methods for pending orders. For this, I...

-- Put BL2 & Season Pass in my cart. Checked out but just closed the PayPal window
-- Waited for the site to stop being hammered
-- Bought $20 in Blue Coins using the ElderGeek 5% discount
-- Clicked on the link in my confirmation e-mail to go to the Pending Order page on GamersGate
-- Used the "Change Method of Payment" option to use Blue Coins
-- Paid with my $20 worth of BC (bought for $19) plus extra BCs I had sitting in my account.

All told, BL2 & SP cost me about $19 :applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Detruire']BL2 was 7.5GBP (~12.3USD) and the SP was 5GBP(8.1USD).[/QUOTE]

After the code, I paid 7,665 in Blue Coins for the Season Pass. Which equates to $7.66. But since I had some blue coins thanks to the Bethesda pack fiasco, I only needed to buy $5 worth of coins. I used the 5% code on to buy them, so I'm only out $4.75.

That's still more than I paid for the base game. lol

[quote name='Charlie2688']I sometimes wonder what goes on at the GG offices, First the Bethesda Bundle, Then this BL2 flash sale (which was LITERALLY a flash sale) and now Crusaders Kings 2 and King Arthur The Complete Collection with a 0% discount[/QUOTE]
Crusader Kings was on sale yesterday for something like $6.50. I thought they just hadn't moved it off the deals list this morning.

[quote name='nategator']That was fun. Wish I had Borderlands 2. Oh well, off to the trading threads I suppose.[/QUOTE]
Lol @ BL2 SP for $15. That's how much it is on GamersGate right now.

But damn, can't believe I just missed this.

If I bought off the UK site, are there any region restrictions or anything on the SP or base?

Think CK2 is still available in a Paradox bundle with Magicka + some DLC, Sword of the Stars 1, Sword of the Stars 2, and Victoria 2 for $10. Not a bad deal there.

[quote name='Detruire']Bah, it somehow changed to the (fixed) UK pricing. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Aww, too bad... sorry if I gave you false hope, bro :whistle2:|

[quote name='MC Kage']Lol @ BL2 SP for $15. That's how much it is on GamersGate right now.

But damn, can't believe I just missed this.

If I bought off the UK site, are there any region restrictions or anything on the SP or base?[/QUOTE]

Meh, I do trades too.

[quote name='Junpei']Aww, too bad... sorry if I gave you false hope, bro :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]
You didn't, I read about it back then, too. The weird thing is that I'm now getting UK prices on gamersgate.com :whistle2:s

[quote name='nategator']The have an economist from Greece.

That's like having a judge from Russia.[/QUOTE]
The Greeks don't need an economist, they need a bloody taxman!

[/offtopic]

The original deal was 14.99 for the game + 7.49 for the season pass which equals $22.48. On the UK page it was £7.49 for Borderlands 2 + £4.99 for DLC pack which is about £12.48 or about $20.14 isn't it? - Used Google's converter

[quote name='Namerson']How come I see 11.25?[/QUOTE]

It went even lower? Jesus christ. Site won't load for me anymore.

[quote name='Genocidal']Didn't get this in the Tom Clancy pack last year, thanks.

Edit: As good of a deal as this is though, not sure if I'm willing to go through the UPlay client. Non-Steam, if anyone else is curious.[/QUOTE]

Probably should've posted that. I almost didn't go for it but then it's only 3 bucks

Alice Madness Returns is $4.99 (75% off) as part of the flash sale.

I suggest you grab it if you are interested. I don't know how well it controls on PC but I played it on PS3 and loved it. Very fun platformer and a damn good story. Highly recommended!

[quote name='nategator']Did we kill it? Damn, didn't get to the cart and just on connecting for 5 minutes, it feels like[/QUOTE]

Its cool just spend all night mashing F5 like everyone did for the Bethesda pack. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back