The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']That seems to be the case for this generation. Games like heavy rain, and TWD are becoming so popular and I don't see the allure in it one bit. Maybe I'm just old school and prefer the awesome game play and the generic saving the princess from the castle story lines.[/QUOTE]

I'm old school and I still remember games like The 7th Guest, Night Trap, Phantasmagoria, etc. There have been plenty of interactive movie games in the past.

[quote name='elessar123']About Witcher 2:

Not saying it wasn't good. I enjoyed the first 75% of the game. By the end of Act 2, I was pretty indifferent. The problem was, I don't know the lore enough. The decisions I made was about as meaningful as flipping a coin, which made the climax very insignificant for me. I think the only character other than the Witcher I actually about was Triss. I really liked the first half of the game though.

But I guess I'm just weird.

[/QUOTE]

I'm curious if you played the first Witcher? The story of the Witcher 2 starts off not long after the events of the first game. Also I am only about half way through the second game but so far I enjoyed the setting/story of the first game more.

[quote name='Stonekeep']What have you bought?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply but I kinda hit the sack right after posting. I've bought SR2 but I think I'll send a message to steam support and ask if they can remove it so I can one day buy it off steam and get the non-censored edition.

I'm new to this thread, and Steam in general. I've read the OP and still have some questions. How good of a computer do you need to play these games? I just saw on the Steam site that Amnesia is $5 and that sounds like an absolute steal. Also, do they take Paypal?

[quote name='Fukurou']I'm new to this thread, and Steam in general. I've read the OP and still have some questions. How good of a computer do you need to play these games? I just saw on the Steam site that Amnesia is $5 and that sounds like an absolute steal. Also, do they take Paypal?[/QUOTE]

All computer games are different; it's not like they were all made by the same team or in the same year for the same hardware. You can read the system spec requirements on each game's store page.

Yes, Steam accepts PayPal.

[quote name='Broken Cage']I may have said it previously, but my memory is questionable. I believe the best way to enjoy Dishonored is to go for the less than 20% kills. If you kill less than 20% of the people in the level, both guards and infected, your chaos will remain low. That leaves room for a few "Oh shit! Throat stab!" moments and still gives you a reason to attempt stealth whenever possible. The only real bonus to no detection (outside of personal satisfaction) is the achievement, and if you're going to do that one, you might as well go for the Blink Only one as well. So unless you're achievement hunting, I seriously advise choking out as many people as you can, and throat stabbing the few that you can't.

(Also, never forget to use possession, I can't tell you how many non-lethals I got because I could possess a dude and walk him out of my way... or into the clutches of a waiting ally...)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this!

[quote name='Mooby']/hugs elessar and Kirby. Down with interactive movies! Not a trend I like seeing in the gaming industry.[/QUOTE]

Mooby, it sounds like you weren't gaming during the first wave of interactive movies is the early CD-ROM era. Those were much cheesier, C-list actors bluescreened onto digital sets.

[quote name='eastx']All computer games are different; it's not like they were all made by the same team or in the same year for the same hardware. You can read the system spec requirements on each game's store page.

Yes, Steam accepts PayPal.[/QUOTE]
Great! Just installed Steam and downloaded Amnesia.

[quote name='Fukurou']I'm new to this thread, and Steam in general. I've read the OP and still have some questions. How good of a computer do you need to play these games? I just saw on the Steam site that Amnesia is $5 and that sounds like an absolute steal. Also, do they take Paypal?[/QUOTE]

What kind of computer you need depends on the game. If you go to the game's steam page, scroll down a bit to see what you need to get the game running. Amnesia is not a high-demanding game really.

Yup paypal is accepted.

*edit* I'm slow :D

Anyone want to explain in small words how I could go about taking screenshots of games that don't work with F12 and somehow uploading them to Steam?

It's probably more work than I want. :p

Well, having bought The Walking Dead via a CAG user for $9, this concludes my sale:

Saints Row The Third complete: € 7,50 via Steam Store
Dawn of War GOTY: $1 from a CAG
Duke Nukem Forever: $2 from a CAG (figured what the heck for 2 dolla)
Spec Ops: The Line: $3,50 from a CAG
The Walking Dead: $9 from a CAG
Darksiders: Traded my HiB 3 for someone's THQ bundle I missed

And that's it. Not too shabby for around $25

*edit* forgot I also bought Spec Ops
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[quote name='utopianmachine']Anyone want to explain in small words how I could go about taking screenshots of games that don't work with F12 and somehow uploading them to Steam?

It's probably more work than I want. :p[/QUOTE]

Press PrtScn on the keyboard - works better than F12. Then I guess save in mspaint and then upload? It's definitely more work than just using F12...

[quote name='asheskitty']If you missed it for $4 on ths steam winter sale, GG has Cherry Tree High Comedy Club for $2.72 (DRM-FREE).

Personally I was disappointed with the steam demo. 640x480 resolution, and nowhere near the charm of Persona 3 & 4. I'd been looking forward to this since Spring.[/QUOTE]

Well fair points for the res (but then again this is an indie game); but comparing it to Persona 3 & 4 is giving it no chance now is it :D

Persona is more of an RPG than a VN adventure like Cherry Tree; you probably should be looking at more into RPGs then (if you desire more of the action charm) or VNs (Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate come to mind; Muv-Luv as well)...

[quote name='utopianmachine']Anyone want to explain in small words how I could go about taking screenshots of games that don't work with F12 and somehow uploading them to Steam?

It's probably more work than I want. :p[/QUOTE]

You could try changing the steam screenshot key to something other than F12. Steam - Settings - In-Game tab - Screenshot shortcut key.

My final haul from Steam sale...

Batman: AC GOTY - $7.49
Counter-Strike: GO - $7.49
PAYDAY The Heist: Wolfpack DLC - $2.49

...and that was it for Steam. I did jump in on HiB7 for $6.50 too...that was an awesome set of games!

Can't believe I kept it to a minimum this time. As others have mentioned, this has been the weakest of the Steam sales so far. It wasn't horrid or anything like that...just not as strong as in the past. Besides, with over 280 games on Steam alone, I couldn't justify buying much. ;)

Not saying it wasn't good. I enjoyed the first 75% of the game. By the end of Act 2, I was pretty indifferent. The problem was, I don't know the lore enough. The decisions I made was about as meaningful as flipping a coin, which made the climax very insignificant for me. I think the only character other than the Witcher I actually about was Triss. I really liked the first half of the game though.
[/QUOTE]
The Witcher is a game w/ a bleak & dark game-world. No matter what decision you normally make, you're not sure if what you think is the "good" decision is the one to make. Sometimes, taking that route is the hardest route - and the worst things happening when trying that route.

Also, depending on a certain decision in Chapter 1...
...it's well known Chapter 2 is MUCH different.

About Chapter 3 - rushed as heck, if you ask me. It looks like a big-time set-up for Witcher 3 b/c....
Namely, they introduce Yennifer and the lore about her into the game. Though, you never meet her. She's totally mentioned like crazy at the end-game in the final encounter w/ Letho, before you decide what to do about Letho.

While the Letho story ends up complete, the Yennefer saga is a total cliffhanger by the end of Witcher 2 and looks like it's just beginning for Witcher 3...

Is $6.25 a good price for Oblivion-Deluxe Edition? I haven't played any of the 3 yet and wanted to start with the originals before I got into Skyrim. Should I get it now or wait for a cheaper price? I have plenty of backlogged games as is, so not in any hurry just wondering if it's been cheaper.

[quote name='trunks982']Is the price for CS: GO the lowest they have gotten to?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, it is the lowest I've seen. And I've tried to be pretty diligent about it. I'm sure by their next summer/holiday sale it will be like $5...but $1.50-2.50 savings isn't a big deal. It's also a really great game. I already like it much better than CSS...with a few tweaks here and there it will surpass the might 1.6!

I say jump on it...awesome game.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']As far as I know, it is the lowest I've seen. And I've tried to be pretty diligent about it. I'm sure by their next summer/holiday sale it will be like $5...but $1.50-2.50 savings isn't a big deal. It's also a really great game. I already like it much better than CSS...with a few tweaks here and there it will surpass the might 1.6!

I say jump on it...awesome game.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

But I guess I'm just weird.

I don't really like TWD that much either. I finished episode 3 so far. It's ok, but it's so linear, and so slow. Didn't help that I guessed from the beginning of Chapter 2 most of what happens. And I keep hearing that's the best episode, which kills my enthusiasm for 4 and 5.

I'm starting to see what games make GOTY. Interactive movies.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']That seems to be the case for this generation. Games like heavy rain, and TWD are becoming so popular and I don't see the allure in it one bit. Maybe I'm just old school and prefer the awesome game play and the generic saving the princess from the castle story lines.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']/hugs elessar and Kirby. Down with interactive movies! Not a trend I like seeing in the gaming industry.[/QUOTE]

I'm C64 and Apple II old-school, and I like interactive movies, as long as they tell a compelling story with interesting characters. I'd say The Walking Dead and Heavy Rain definitely fit that bill.

Maybe it's a difference between growing up with computer games and console games. I never owned a console in my life until I bought a PS3 two years ago. I also don't like platforming, per se, and I don't enjoy playing the same level over and over again.

I'm not sure whether this was implied above, but TW2 was not an interactive movie by anyone's definition with which I am familiar. It's definitely an ARPG.

[quote name='warreni']I'm C64 and Apple II old-school, and I like interactive movies, as long as they tell a compelling story with interesting characters. I'd say The Walking Dead and Heavy Rain definitely fit that bill.

Maybe it's a difference between growing up with computer games and console games. I never owned a console in my life until I bought a PS3 two years ago. I also don't like platforming, per se, and I don't enjoy playing the same level over and over again.[/QUOTE]

I really loved TWD and it is one of only two interactive movie type games I have played. I understand where people are coming from with the lack of gameplay, but that sort of medium for story-telling makes the story more compelling. Controlling the character and choosing their words and actions make me feel much more a part of the story than watching a movie.

[quote name='Mippo']Is $6.25 a good price for Oblivion-Deluxe Edition? I haven't played any of the 3 yet and wanted to start with the originals before I got into Skyrim. Should I get it now or wait for a cheaper price? I have plenty of backlogged games as is, so not in any hurry just wondering if it's been cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Jump on it.

Oblivion is an ok place to start, though Morrowind is probably the fan-favorite. Both it and Morrowind have plenty of mods to boost visuals to your liking as well as changing any gameplay elements you may find annoying. There's also loads of user-made content. You could easily sink many hundreds of hours into those two alone.

[quote name='Therapy']Well, having bought The Walking Dead via a CAG user for $9, this concludes my sale:

Saints Row The Third complete: € 7,50 via Steam Store
Dawn of War GOTY: $1 from a CAG
Duke Nukem Forever: $2 from a CAG (figured what the heck for 2 dolla)
Spec Ops: The Line: $3,50 from a CAG
The Walking Dead: $9 from a CAG
Darksiders: Traded my HiB 3 for someone's THQ bundle I missed

And that's it. Not too shabby for around $25

*edit* forgot I also bought Spec Ops
[/QUOTE]

Adding Sleeping Dogs for $10 from a fellow CAG to that list, this has been a decent sale for me. But not due to steam haha.

I think he probably bought it cheaper since I think I remember something about a price mistake, but whatever, this is a great price and it sure beats the 17 euros it costs over here (22 dollar, with 66% off that is).

Anyone know what DLC is worth it to buy for Sleeping Dogs?

My damage

Bought for myself
Sleeping Dogs
Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point DLC
Daedalic Bundle
Longest Journey + Dreamfall
Doom 3 Pack
Farcry 2
Payday the Heist Wolfpack DLC
Tropico 4
Coconut Queen
Chaser

Bought for others
Vegas - Make it Big
Ankh - Heart of Osiris
Puzzle Dimension
Ignite
Bad Rats
Home
McPixel

Gifted by others
Defender Quest: Valley of the Forgotten

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I'm curious if you played the first Witcher? The story of the Witcher 2 starts off not long after the events of the first game. Also I am only about half way through the second game but so far I enjoyed the setting/story of the first game more.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='warreni']
I'm not sure whether this was implied above, but TW2 was not an interactive movie by anyone's definition with which I am familiar. It's definitely an ARPG.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would call TW2 an action game with RPG elements because for me (admittedly I'm not a huge fan of involved real time action combat; I'm weird) there was a lot of emphasis on your moves and timing and what you used with what enemy etc etc much more so than something like Skyrim where you can just go through the combat easily enough but spamming a slash button. I realize that's splitting hairs though and that pretty much all modern (non-indie) RPGs are really just wordy action games anyway.

I can see where there are elements of TW2 that are interactive movie-ish, there's a lot of dialog scenes where you choose various options, but the game as a whole in its entirely is not an interactive movie. More of an action game with a lot of interactive movie interludes plus a lot of fussing with items and skills in an busy, ugly obnoxious (to me) UI. :p

I also didn't love that if you take too long reading sometimes it will force an option for you. There were definitely times I was like 'Excuse me? I was still reading and deciding and I would not have picked that option'.

I guess I am in the same camp of Rerujnoc that I enjoyed the first game better. There were some annoyances like a lot of running around at times, and the combat was rather different and could be a bit hard to get used to at first, but overall I thought it had more character and flavor (and a great UI), was more of an RPG (to me) and I just found it personally to be a great experience.

I really wanted to love TW2 so much so that I even bought the expensive collector's edition with the crazy plaster head and everything. It's visually gorgeous in a way that RPG(ish) games don't usually see (without a ton of mods anyhow) but it's just kind of bleh for me.

And I do know the lore pretty well too. It's not that complicated at its core. It's basically non humans tread badly by humans and fight back hard (insurgency/terrorism), grey area are they bad or good or both you decide etc etc.

Really been liking what GMG and Amazon have been doing. Ive spent alot on digital content lately and GMG has been getting alot of my bigger release money. I did splurge for Far Cry 3 on Steam tho.

Novembers sale

Mark of the Ninja 7.5
Walking Dead - 12.5

Dec sale

Batman AC GOTY x2 7.5
Witcher 2 - 7.5
CS:GO - 7.5
Hitman DLC Collection - 3
Hotline Miami - 5
Dead Rising 2 Complete - 10
Sleeping Dogs DLC - 15
LA Noire Complete - 7.5
Far Cry 3 - 37.5
RAGE - 5
Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass - 7.5
Tropico + Modern Times - 10
Dishonored - 30
Worms Revolution + Serious Sam 4 BFE (from 4 packs) - 10

GMG

Sleeping Dogs + Batman AC Goty - 12
Alan Wake CE- 7
Civ V Gods and Kings - 4
Sonic Generations - 5
XCOM Slingshot DLC - 5

Amazon

Hitman Absolution - 17
Dark Souls x2 - 15
2K Strategy pack -15

From a CAGer

Max Payne 3 - 12.5

Couple Humble Indie Bundles in there

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I'm curious if you played the first Witcher? The story of the Witcher 2 starts off not long after the events of the first game. Also I am only about half way through the second game but so far I enjoyed the setting/story of the first game more.[/QUOTE]

I did not. I played Witcher 2 on 360 in around May, and bought a gaming PC in July/August. I bought Witcher, and plan on (eventually...) playing through Witcher, and maybe Witcher 2 with a different Chapter 2.

[quote name='jatan11t']I'm old school and I still remember games like The 7th Guest, Night Trap, Phantasmagoria, etc. There have been plenty of interactive movie games in the past.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']Mooby, it sounds like you weren't gaming during the first wave of interactive movies is the early CD-ROM era. Those were much cheesier, C-list actors bluescreened onto digital sets.[/QUOTE]

I used to play a ton of King's Quest etc. I played the 7th Guest this year, and I thought it aged poorly. And I've played every Layton released here, and I'm about 75% done on the 3DS one. I think as far as TWD is concerned, it just has a lot less puzzles than what I'd be used to. It's barely a hair more engaging than an interactive movie.

[quote name='MysterD']Also, depending on a certain decision in Chapter 1...
...it's well known Chapter 2 is MUCH different.

About Chapter 3 - rushed as heck, if you ask me. It looks like a big-time set-up for Witcher 3 b/c....
Namely, they introduce Yennifer and the lore about her into the game. Though, you never meet her. She's totally mentioned like crazy at the end-game in the final encounter w/ Letho, before you decide what to do about Letho.

While the Letho story ends up complete, the Yennefer saga is a total cliffhanger by the end of Witcher 2 and looks like it's just beginning for Witcher 3...
[/QUOTE]

This was part of the problem for me. The other part being
I didn't know what kingdom to side with, because I had no idea what benefits or consequences each one had.

[quote name='warreni']I'm not sure whether this was implied above, but TW2 was not an interactive movie by anyone's definition with which I am familiar. It's definitely an ARPG.[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't mean Witcher 2 as an interactive movie. It definitely isn't, in my books. I was more referring to Uncharted that have super high accolades like TWD, but basically holds your hand on what to do.

[quote name='Therapy']
Anyone know what DLC is worth it to buy for Sleeping Dogs?[/QUOTE]
Nightmare in North Point, and I assume Zodiac but haven`t played it. Swat pack has 20 police missions.

[quote name='elessar123']I used to play a ton of King's Quest etc.
[/QUOTE]

I used to love King's Quest back in the day. I wish Roberta Williams would make games again.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Nightmare in North Point, and I assume Zodiac but haven`t played it. Swat pack has 20 police missions.[/QUOTE]

Also if you liked the racing, the Street racer pack gives you a few more races.

[quote name='Motoki']I used to love King's Quest back in the day. I wish Roberta Williams would make games again.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought the Sierra pack at GOG just a week ago, even though I have disk versions of KQ1-7. I think that makes it the 5th time I bought KQ6.

But I mostly wanted them for Space Quest, which I only played one of. And the GF has been wanting Police Quest/SWAT.

lol, as I'm typing this, she got a second Bee Shield, first one was in the last 30 minutes. To think we farmed it for like 2 days on the PS3.

I keep reading TW2 as Two Worlds II rather than The Witcher 2, all made more confusing by the concurrent discussion about TWD.

Loving all the discussion of the Kings Quest, Phantasmagoria, and 7th Guest series. Games I love enough that I'v bought them all more than once. I still have most of them in their original boxes.

[quote name='fore1337']If I had purchased a copy of RPG maker, I would have attempted to make a gigantic adventure inside joke with my friends as the leads.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what I expect to do with it. It's probably the most sensible approach to anyone's "first game" while learning to use the tools.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Nightmare in North Point, and I assume Zodiac but haven`t played it. Swat pack has 20 police missions.[/QUOTE]

Nightmare in North Point has some pretty bad reviews though.

[quote name='DPsycho']I keep reading TW2 as Two Worlds II rather than The Witcher 2, all made more confusing by the concurrent discussion about TWD.
[/QUOTE]

I normally refer to Two Worlds II as 2W2;
and refer to The Witcher 2 as TW2.

I didn't buy too much

November

GOG.com
Telltale collection (Back to the Future, Sam & Max 1-3, Tales of Monkey Island, Wallace & Gromit) 34.94

Humble THQ Bundle BTA

December

HIB7 BTA

Steam

Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle 3.74 (then it was gifted to me 22 minutes later)
Unmechanical 2x 2.49 (gifted one)
Insecticide Part 1 0.74 (gifted to a friend)

Amazon

Scribblenauts Unlimited 3x 7.49 (one for myself, two as gifts)

January

Humble Store

Don't Starve 11.99 (This wasn't on sale, but it was on my friend's wishlist, so I got it for her birthday and used the extra Steam key and kept the Chrome keys)

Steam

The Longest Journey + Dreamfall 6.74 (I was gonna wait until the next sale to get these, but reading this thread convinced me to get them now :p)

I still have all three of my Amazon EC discounts. I keep going back and forth on whether or not to get one of the packs with Borderlands GOTY in it, but I don't think I'll ever play it. I might get TWD to give as a gift since I already own it.

Looks like it's as we thought - no new deals today they replaced the "yesterday's deal" section with the mascots sitting in movie theater seats.

[quote name='Stonekeep']A lot of dlc are useless, there's even a dlc that gives you a car before unlocking it in the normal way...[/QUOTE]

You know, saw the 91% yesterday and shoved all that DLC in my cart and hurried the hell up and paid for it while it was still that price.

Is there any way to disable the 'cheat' dlc that are really early unlocks of things that you unlock during the gameplay anyway? I really dislike Facebookizing of regular PC games like this and I wish that sort of pay to win DLC was very clearly denoted.

I know some other games like Magic do this crap too.

If I'm just stuck with it now then I'm kind of annoyed at that. I don't mind trivial cosmetic DLC but I don't want cheats and shortcuts.

[quote name='Motoki']You know, saw the 91% yesterday and shoved all that DLC in my cart and hurried the hell up and paid for it while it was still that price.

Is there any way to disable the 'cheat' dlc that are really early unlocks of things that you unlock during the gameplay anyway? I really dislike Facebookizing of regular PC games like this and I wish that sort of pay to win DLC was very clearly denoted.

If I'm just stuck with it now then I'm kind of annoyed at that. I don't mind trivial cosmetic DLC but I don't want cheats and shortcuts.[/QUOTE]

I kinda figured it was going to be like this, just, there was no time to think. I'm gonna play the game straightforward without giving it too much thought.

Nevertheless, would be interesting to know if you can disable the cheat dlc.

[quote name='zillionandnine']So what do you guys think today's price glitch will be? :p[/QUOTE]

It'll wind-up w/ me saying...
"Thanks for free Skyrim + all DLC." ;)
j/k.

I really don't got a clue what the glitch will be. ;)

Maybe we need to create a database of the 'early unlock' dlc in Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row 3, Magic etc and then it could be color coded say red or something in Enhanced Steam. ;)

Seriously though this a real problem with some games. I know Magic always has a ton of people asking questions about it and are really confused because some of the DLC are actual new content (new decks) but most are just early unlocks or sparkly foil crap.

Maybe cosmetic DLC could be orange colored. Hmm, but the database for cosmetic DLC would be much larger.

Still, if there was a way the community could add to the database I'd contribute some.

Probably way too complicated but I just wish there was an easy way to very clearly know when looking at a DLC whether it was new gameplay content, cosmetic or early unlocks.

[quote name='Motoki']You know, saw the 91% yesterday and shoved all that DLC in my cart and hurried the hell up and paid for it while it was still that price.

If I'm just stuck with it now then I'm kind of annoyed at that. I don't mind trivial cosmetic DLC but I don't want cheats and shortcuts.[/QUOTE]
I had the same problem. I really enjoy challenging games, usually I play on the highest available difficulty, so I was really pissed after I saw I started game with 8 lvl, $200000 and probably one of the best car in my garage, which could be unlocked further in game.

To disable those pesky DLC you need to delete a certain files in the game directory:
1E6323E1.dat - Gold Top Dog
576E446C.dat - Silver Top Dog
E58008F5.dat - Red Envelope Pack
AC8D6F78.dat - High Roller Pack
Delete them before you start playing campaign. You'll need to restart and replay if you already receieved bonuses from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back