The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrshllJcb']Hey man, not trying to bite on your idea but I created a 4 for February thread so that people could pair up and get this started[/QUOTE]

No worries man, you've saved me some trouble. :)

Of note, though, is that the "pick 4 for someone else/they pick for you" was a modifier the OP at NeoGAF did with his friend; it's not really required. That might be worth noting in the topic, as that might otherwise stop people from participating.

But thanks for making the topic, hopefully it does well. I'll whip together a shortlist of, say, the 10 or 15 titles I wouldn't mind going through, and seeing if I can tap someone to partner up. (Motoki?)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']No worries man, you've saved me some trouble. :)

Of note, though, is that the "pick 4 for someone else/they pick for you" was a modifier the OP at NeoGAF did with his friend; it's not really required. That might be worth noting in the topic, as that might otherwise stop people from participating.

But thanks for making the topic, hopefully it does well. I'll whip together a shortlist of, say, the 10 or 15 titles I wouldn't mind going through, and seeing if I can tap someone to partner up. (Motoki?)[/QUOTE]

I really liked the idea of you picking for someone and they pick for you, but seeing how its just a fun challenge I think its open to however people wanna do it.

I created a list of my entire PC backlog, but I am kinda scared to let someone pick 4 games from it, so I may have to slim the options down a bit to like 20-25 games

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I created a list of my entire PC backlog, but I am kinda scared to let someone pick 4 games from it, so I may have to slim the options down a bit to like 20-25 games[/QUOTE]

So, Dark Souls for you, followed by Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim and Amalur! :lol:

[quote name='Junpei']So, Dark Souls for you, followed by Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim and Amalur! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha, Dark Souls is on the list, but probably wont make the final cut for my eligible titles, theres quite a few of other really lengthy games that wont be a option either

[quote name='Preedatore']Also, Blood Bowl Chaos Edition is $9.89 thru Gamestop right now, activates on Steam.[/QUOTE]

I was quite fond of the original on PC pre-Steam, I'm looking forward to re-hone my skills and play a couple of games.
Are there any fundamental changes between Legendary and Chaos editions, and is the latter worth buying if you already own the former?

haha, I just whittled my list from like 250 games in my backlog to a list of less than 50 to choose from. I did try to keep a fair amount of variety though

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']See above for Exhibit A on "why I'm not posting my entire backlog." :lol:

"What's that? Why yes, you should play through all of your sim games."[/QUOTE]

That's why we should limit choices for (not overly long) story driven games... sims are ruled out by default, or maybe they could be choosen only if you can play them till obtaining a reasonable (still within the aforementioned play time) achievement.

Yeah, this isn't for me. I have around 850 I've never played and don't want to go through them all and weed out multiplayer-only games and the like. Although I did "beat" Rusty Hearts by getting all but one or two achievements. Good enough.

[quote name='Junpei']That's why we should limit choices for (not overly long) story driven games... sims are ruled out by default, or maybe they could be choosen only if you can play them till obtaining a reasonable (still within the aforementioned play time) achievement.[/QUOTE]
I've edited the OP in the topic giving some basic rules. Any game is fair game, as long as it has a defined end point of some kind, or a set amount of content that can be gone through. You can also say no to someone who acts rather an ass and picks all 200+ hour games or the like. It's just for fun, so don't overthink it too much guys. :bouncy:

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I've edited the OP in the topic giving some basic rules. Any game is fair game, as long as it has a defined end point of some kind, or a set amount of content that can be gone through. You can also say no to someone who acts rather an ass and picks all 200+ hour games or the like. It's just for fun, so don't overthink it too much guys. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Saw that you edited the OP, Thanks a ton. I knew someone would be able to set it up better than I had. Looking forward to see how this unfolds.

[quote name='Seraphym']BL2 Shift key for 5 Golden keys. It's limited in number of redemptions!
53WTB-S9XKW-SWFT3-TJBJB-FWWZW[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I would have missed that.

[quote name='Junpei']I was quite fond of the original on PC pre-Steam, I'm looking forward to re-hone my skills and play a couple of games.
Are there any fundamental changes between Legendary and Chaos editions, and is the latter worth buying if you already own the former?[/QUOTE]

I think Chaos adds a new team or something quite underwhelming. Stick with Legendary if you already own it and play casually.

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is Super Meat Boy at 75% off ($3.75 for game and $1.50 for soundtrack)[/QUOTE]

If someone doesn't have this game yet I highly recommend picking it up if you like a challenge (to say the least) :twisted: .

King of Fighters and Halo 1-3? That interesting. The gem of the bunch is clearly Fast and Furious 6 though. That should be quality.

Edit: Cool, Fez and Lococycle are on there. I'll play those.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']A Bunch of Surprise Games in the Steam Registry

Guys, if these entries are legit and they're not being added for some other, heretofore unknown purpose, then HOLY SHIT.[/QUOTE]

The indie stuff makes sense, but the Halo's seem kinda odd. They announced they were shutting down Halo 2 PC multiplayer this month, why would they do that if they were launching it on a new storefront which would substantially increase the playerbase?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']A Bunch of Surprise Games in the Steam Registry

Guys, if these entries are legit and they're not being added for some other, heretofore unknown purpose, then HOLY SHIT.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Based on those that I recognize, it makes sense. The most surprising one for me is Second Life... I suppose they need the exposure. Even Halo 3 makes sense to me, it's no longer a driving reason to get a (or replace your RROD'd) 360, so might as well monetize it on PC.

I have a recurring dream where I awaken on a crisp winter morning and fresh snow has blanketed the ground outside my bedroom window. I brew a cup of black coffee and check my email, only to find a notification that I have in fact been added to the Steam registry.

I do a search in the Steam client, then, after several minutes, exit out of the client, because it's taking too long. Instead I execute the same search on Steam's site in my browser, and find that while I am not a product for sale, I do have a community hub.

Eagerly, I look to see what's posted there.

A sole screenshot of a dog's erect penis.

Then I wake up.

[quote name='Jon7']The indie stuff makes sense, but the Halo's seem kinda odd. They announced they were shutting down Halo 2 PC multiplayer this month, why would they do that if they were launching it on a new storefront which would substantially increase the playerbase?[/QUOTE]

So it's going to change to Multiplayer going through Steam instead of being shut down. Microsoft doesn't have to run servers anymore, but still gets some sales from Steam. Steam gets a cut of sales of Halo games. Win-win.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Eagerly, I look to see what's posted there.

Then I wake up.[/QUOTE]
Vhy don't you lie down on zis couch here and tell me avout your mudder...

[quote name='Eldredpe']I have a recurring dream where I awaken on a crisp winter morning and fresh snow has blanketed the ground outside my bedroom window. I brew a cup of black coffee and check my email, only to find a notification that I have in fact been added to the Steam registry.

I do a search in the Steam client, then, after several minutes, exit out of the client, because it's taking too long. Instead I execute the same search on Steam's site in my browser, and find that while I am not a product for sale, I do have a community hub.

Eagerly, I look to see what's posted there.

Then I wake up.[/QUOTE]

Ceci n'est pas une wang.

[quote name='warreni']Thanks. I might have to bite on that. I really enjoyed the single-player on Wings of Liberty.[/QUOTE]

^_^ When I first heard of that deal I was like, "meh." Now thinking about it, it is 25% off a Blizzard game (at release to boot). Looking at that list, Blizzard's $40 MSRP looks rather more favorable than the $50 and $60 launch prices.

Sim City Origin for 60$. Appalling. Online DRM. No thank you.
But Heart of Swarm is the same too.

I say I loathe online DRM, Ubisoft Activision EA, yet I have hundreds of games on steam I don't even really own and I keep buying more. They kinda have online DRM. Certainly not DRM free.
Thats odd.

Awesome @ Halo series showing up in Steam registry.
Can we get Fable 2 + Gears of War 2 & 3 also in there too, please? ;)

Interesting @ Fez listed in there, as well.

I would like to see the Halo games on Steam. Though, I'm not a huge fan of the franchise.

We need Shadow Complex on Steam. Come on Gaben get it done!!!!!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I would like to see the Halo games on Steam. Though, I'm not a huge fan of the franchise.[/quote]
Yeah, I wasn't super-big on Halo 1 myself - namely b/c I didn't like the 2nd half of the game, after The Flood w/ its repetitive and recycled-looking areas.

We need Shadow Complex on Steam. Come on Gaben get it done!!!!!
Oh, that'd be sweet. :D

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, I wasn't super-big on Halo 1 myself - namely b/c I didn't like the 2nd half of the game, after The Flood w/ its repetitive and recycled-looking areas.

[/QUOTE]

The Flood was an interesting surprise but the repetitiveness was wearing thin.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']The Flood was an interesting surprise but the repetitiveness was wearing thin.[/QUOTE]

I will say this - I loved Halo 1's 1st half - that was up UNTIL The Flood hit.

[quote name='dfg']That's not the Fez from IG:TM; it's actually a spreadsheet program.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the Halo entry is just that track from Beyoncé.

Whoa, that's a ton of awesome surprises in one post - Fez is the big entry for me; I cannot wait to secure a Steam version.

As for some of the other entries (Such as Shadow Warrior and La Mulana.), those previously-GOG-exclusive titles make sense - I believe some CAG's have mentioned GOG having exclusivity deals for a certain amount of time, in the past. (I believe it was mentioned when the old Tomb Raider titles were starting to show up in the Steam registry.)

Anyway, I'll be thrilled when the Product Pages go live. Admittedly, if these entries had appeared closer to April, I'd be a bit more skeptical.

[quote name='Flowette']Pretty sure the Halo entry is just that track from Beyoncé.[/QUOTE]

I think maybe it's an old Victoria's Secret magazine insert rendered in ASCII, hence the sequels.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']
As for some of the other entries (Such as Shadow Warrior and La Mulana.), those previously-GOG-exclusive titles make sense - I believe some CAG's have mentioned GOG having exclusivity deals for a certain amount of time, in the past. (I believe it was mentioned when the old Tomb Raider titles were starting to show up in the Steam registry.)
[/QUOTE]

La Mulana got greenlit nearly a month ago, so that one shouldn't be shocking in the least.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']This only serves to remind me of what a disgustingly large number of games I have. I had to check in a panic I had Cryostasis because I couldn't remember if I'd gotten it or not. And then found out I also owned UFO: Afterlight, which I didn't even realize was a thing that existed.

This makes me think I (and perhaps this thread) needs to participate in "Four in February." You pick 4 games, either started or not, and create an unbreakable vow to the ancient gods promise to finish them before March.[/QUOTE]

I remembered I had Cryostasis but I didn't think I had UFO and was freaking out. Your post made me think to actually check my library... it was there. I need to do this four game thing stat.

Really hope Fez comes to Steam. I been dying to play that (don't own a 360).

Did anyone get their keys yet for La Mulana or Leisure Suit Larry from the Groupees bundle? Waiting on them.

Fez was announced as being ported to other systems like a month ago. I think it was pretty clear it was at least coming to PC then.

[quote name='Flowette']Pretty sure the Halo entry is just that track from Beyoncé.[/QUOTE]

Did it have any auto-tune on it?
Was it lip-synced?
;)

[quote name='Corpekata']Fez was announced as being ported to other systems like a month ago. I think it was pretty clear it was at least coming to PC then.[/QUOTE]
There is also a 99.9% chance it will be in a Humble Bundle since all the games featured in and Indie Game the Movie itself was in a Humble Bundle. It will be how long can you wait to play it :lol:.

Wasn't there a super Sega bundle for January 2013 that showed up in the registry a few weeks back? It was missing several currently available Sega games, but it it had almost all of the Sega games that have been removed from the steam store. I don't recall ever seeing that bundle making an appearance during the month of January. So I'm just gonna assume that an appearance in the steam registry is no longer a guarantee (or near guarantee) that a game is coming to steam.

It has probably come to Gabe's attention that people watch the registry, so he's decided to have a few laughs.

[quote name='MysterD']Did it have any auto-tune on it?
Was it lip-synced?
;)[/QUOTE]
As I read this, she just started singing Halo!

She's obviously a closet CAG.

[quote name='The End']
It has probably come to Gabe's attention that people watch the registry, so he's decided to have a few laughs.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you put in Half-Life Episode 3 through 15 then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back