The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']Looks like Cryostasis & UFO: Afterlight have been removed from the store. Speculation over on SPUF is that 1C has lost the rights to distribute these games. I'm glad that I already own both because of bundles. But now I'm starting to question my recent policy of avoiding bundles with a lot of games from 1C because of the promised 1C bundle from Amazon. By the time Amazon actually gets that bundle up & running, 1C will have lost the rights to half their game library.[/QUOTE]

Cryostasis on sale HERE

I hope something decent goes on a good sale. I haven't bought a game in over a month. I need to get something soon before I snap and buy something ridiculous. I may get Antichamber as it's something I may play right away.

[quote name='travathian']Pfffft, Goldeneye for life, yo![/QUOTE]

Me and my friends played the heck out of that back in the day. We put a big piece of cardboard down the middle of the screen and put a team on each side to eliminate screen watching. We called it the Bond Divider, though it worked well for Perfect Dark as well.

[quote name='jshackles']I saw that they announced The Witcher 3, which will be releasing in 2014.

http://www.gog.com/news/special_promo_the_witcher_3_announced_get_the_first_two_for_50_off

Both of the first two are on sale on GOG, so might be a potential midweek madness or weekend sale to match, although they've been lower before.[/QUOTE]

Good call.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Just saw this:
http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3402

Elder Scrolls Collection for $62.48 and includes Dawnguard. Not the best deal, but not the worst. I also saw that apparently you can redeem your powerup reward points for games now? Saw Primal Carnage for 8500 points.[/QUOTE]
Where do you redeem them? i have like 15k points.

[quote name='Preedatore']Me and my friends played the heck out of that back in the day. We put a big piece of cardboard down the middle of the screen and put a team on each side to eliminate screen watching. We called it the Bond Divider, though it worked well for Perfect Dark as well.[/QUOTE]

You Only Live Once + slapping. That's the only way to play Goldeneye. And no picking Oddjob or Civilian #2 (the short woman).

[quote name='jshackles']I saw that they announced The Witcher 3, which will be releasing in 2014.

http://www.gog.com/news/special_promo_the_witcher_3_announced_get_the_first_two_for_50_off

Both of the first two are on sale on GOG, so might be a potential midweek madness or weekend sale to match, although they've been lower before.[/QUOTE]

Ugh... I'm still in the 3rd act of Witcher 1.

Edit: Seems strange that the Steam MSRP for Witcher 2 is lower than GOG's (run by the game's developers).

[quote name='Preedatore']
Me and my friends played the heck out of that back in the day. We put a big piece of cardboard down the middle of the screen and put a team on each side to eliminate screen watching. We called it the Bond Divider, though it worked well for Perfect Dark as well.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I won't get any love for this, but I was always a big proponent of the idea that watching another player's screen as well as your own was simply a tactic that can (and should) be used in console FPS games. Everyone can do it, and it keeps you from running around maps aimlessly without finding another player (a serious issue with a 4 player match cap on a console). Never understood why it pissed people off. Just a different game dynamic.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Ugh... I'm still in the 3rd act of Witcher 1.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be playing Rogue Warrior anyway? There is no time for The Witcher.

[quote name='akmgmer']Shouldn't you be playing Rogue Warrior anyway? There is no time for The Witcher.[/QUOTE]

Stupid akmgmer always reminding me of my important obligations!

I'm probably in the minority, but I preferred the Witcher 1. 2 is gorgeous but I just couldn't get into it and I also felt like it went too far into the action, twitchy territory, which admittedly is probably a plus for most gamers.

I also loathe Witcher 2's UI. Besides the usual 'consolized' complaint I can lodge at it, it's way too busy and ugly. Still shots don't even do justice to what a mess it is. I don't know what the hell they were thinking by doing at that dark contrast sepia floaty animated shit in the background.

I've been hesitant into purchasing Witcher 2 because I couldn't get into the first one because of the "rock, paper, scissors" feel of combat. Is that gone for the sequel?

[quote name='gentlyporking']I've been hesitant into purchasing Witcher 2 because I couldn't get into the first one because of the "rock, paper, scissors" feel of combat. Is that gone for the sequel?[/QUOTE]

Way different. Very actiony. If you like action games you will love it probably.

Personally, I liked the old chain attack system from the first game. Once you got the hang out of it really wasn't bad at all. It's definitely different though if you aren't expecting it.

[quote name='Motoki']Way different. Very actiony. If you like action games you will love it probably.

Personally, I liked the old chain attack system from the first game. Once you got the hang out of it really wasn't bad at all. It's definitely different though if you aren't expecting it.[/QUOTE]

I did like the old combat system but 2 was still a great game. In neither game would Geralt have an easy time when faced with 3-4 attackers simultaneously. Also I did hate that Kayran sequence.

[quote name='Rirse']So what goes on sale more often, Alan Wake, Magicka, or Just Cause 2?[/QUOTE]
I have no idea but now I want an open world game where I shine a flashlight on a giant avgas tank until it explodes before fleeing from monsters in a stolen fire engine.

EDF Insect Armageddon is discounted by 25%. That's kind of random. It's not a daily, mid-week, or weekend deal and it hasn't been discounted at all in recent Steam sales. Wondering if it might go lower or, maybe this is a marketing tie-in for the EDF... coming soon.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']EDF Insect Armageddon is discounted by 25%. That's kind of random. It's not a daily, mid-week, or weekend deal and it hasn't been discounted at all in recent Steam sales. Wondering if it might go lower or, maybe this is a marketing tie-in for the EDF... coming soon.[/QUOTE]

Isn't there a port of EDF 2 coming to vita about now?

[quote name='Eldredpe']Isn't there a port of EDF 2 coming to vita about now?[/QUOTE]

I've seen a review for the Vita version, but Amazon only has an import listed.

[quote name='Rirse']So what goes on sale more often, Alan Wake, Magicka, or Just Cause 2?[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake is 75% off ($7.50)at least once a month. Magicka was recently in some indie promo so you should check the Steam trading thread as there are many $1 copies available. Just Cause 2 has been 75% ($3.74)during almost every Steam sale.

For future reference use www.steamgamesales.com

[quote name='eulogywerd21']I've seen a review for the Vita version, but Amazon only has an import listed.[/QUOTE]
I could be wrong, but I think it's psn only in the US.

[quote name='fignutz32']I could be wrong, but I think it's psn only in the US.[/QUOTE]

You're not wrong, EDF 2017 for Vita recently got a digital only release in NA and EU.

[quote name='gentlyporking']I've been hesitant into purchasing Witcher 2 because I couldn't get into the first one because of the "rock, paper, scissors" feel of combat. Is that gone for the sequel?[/QUOTE]

Heh, your statement made me think of Alex Kidd in Miracle World and the Janken matches....:whistle2:#

Sorry, returning you to your previous discussion.

[quote name='theemadgamer']Heh, your statement made me think of Alex Kidd in Miracle World and the Janken matches....:whistle2:#

Sorry, returning you to your previous discussion.[/QUOTE]

Alex_Kidd_in_Miracle_World_%2528SMS%2529_24.png

Cities In Motion and all DLC (except 1) are on (secret) sale for 75% off, so fot those that picked it up in the bundle a month ago, now's your chance to collect the DLC for it. Note that the London City DLC doesn't show up in the DLC list on the front page and won't be bought by adding "All DLC" to your cart, the London DLC can be downloaded by buying the collection (w/ base game) or has to be manually added to your cart via this link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/206720/

Buying the collection here: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15821/ is still the way to go as it's $12.49 and includes London, buying the "All DLC" then subtracting the only DLC that's not on sale (Design Quirks), and then adding London separately=$13.13.

[quote name='Motoki'](And yes, yes before the lore nerds come in and correct me I realize that Solstheim is unincorporated territory that has disputed claims by both the Dark Elves and the Nords but it was in the Morrowind game and this new DLC has Netch and chitin armor and Redoran style houses so that's close enough for me. :D)[/QUOTE]

Speak English damn it! :)

[quote name='walkonshadows']Cities In Motion and all DLC (except 1) are on (secret) sale for 75% off, so fot those that picked it up in the bundle a month ago, now's your chance to collect the DLC for it. Note that the London City DLC doesn't show up in the DLC list on the front page and won't be bought by adding "All DLC" to your cart, the London DLC can be downloaded by buying the collection (w/ base game) or has to be manually added to your cart via this link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/206720/

Buying the collection here: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15821/ is still the way to go as it's $12.49 and includes London, buying the "All DLC" then subtracting the only DLC that's not on sale (Design Quirks), and then adding London separately=$13.13.
[/QUOTE]

Any of the DLC worth it?

I've been loving War of the Roses, but having some really silly FPS issues. The game runs awesome maxed out at 60 FPS, but it will constantly flip-flop to 30 FPS. Even on the lowest settings with lighting turned off (lol...) it will constantly just decide to switch from 60 FPS to 30 FPS, then back, and back again, on and on for the entire battle.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?

[quote name='Idiotekque']I've been loving War of the Roses, but having some really silly FPS issues. The game runs awesome maxed out at 60 FPS, but it will constantly flip-flop to 30 FPS. Even on the lowest settings with lighting turned off (lol...) it will constantly just decide to switch from 60 FPS to 30 FPS, then back, and back again, on and on for the entire battle.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

It's your computer. It must stuck. You should just send it to me and buy a new one. Put skyrim on it before you mail it. Thanks.

Looks like the Steam group Hookups is now back. Not sure how, all I knows is the guy that ran it had called Valve and spoke to them on the phone a couple of times and now it seems to be back up. Took like 3 weeks I think from when it was taken down.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's your computer. It must stuck. You should just send it to me and buy a new one. Put skyrim on it before you mail it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Or send it to me, Im running a laptop that cant even handle hotline miami. I MAY be gettiing my gaming PC back tomorrow though

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's your computer. It must stuck. You should just send it to me and buy a new one. Put skyrim on it before you mail it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
At least spell "suck" right!

And honestly, being able to play Battlefield 3 at 50-60 FPS, while WotR is a mess... That's the definition of silly.

[quote name='Idiotekque']At least spell "suck" right!

And honestly, being able to play Battlefield 3 at 50-60 FPS, while WotR is a mess... That's the definition of silly.[/QUOTE]

Poorly coded maybe? Saints Row the Third was this way too. I mean I can run Battlefield at a steady 40 fps but SR3 doesn't go past 24.

[quote name='Drakey']id prefer gears than halo on pc[/QUOTE]

I want it all on PC - ALL of Halo series and ALL of Gears of War series.
And Fable 2 PC, as well.

So it seems the reason why all those deals groups on Steam got taken down is out now.

From the Hookups announcement

This was a long battle to get this group back. The things that are changing is that we can not post anymore Origin Deals Ever! That was the main issue they had with Hookups. Any deal that supports Steam and directs people to use Steam like all the Steam deals from GreenManGaming, GamersGate, and Amazon and other sites like that are ok. But we can't post any competitors like Origin.

TLDR
Can't post anymore Origin deals. They don't care about GMG/GG/GF deals for Steam, they just don't want Origin deals posted (games only for it or sales on it).

Ninja'ed

TLDR; Valve and EA Frenemies forever.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Looks like the Steam group Hookups is now back. Not sure how, all I knows is the guy that ran it had called Valve and spoke to them on the phone a couple of times and now it seems to be back up. Took like 3 weeks I think from when it was taken down.[/QUOTE]

They just posted an announcement. The top thing of their new rules is no posting Origin deals ever.

Wait. Origin has deals? :p

Seriously though, I'm kind of shocked that is one of the things that stirred the pot.

They did add the obligatory no Russian keys etc. but apparently he said the main issue was that Valve didn't like them posting Origin deals. :shock: I'm pretty flabbergasted at that. The whole EA/Valve war must be ramping up even more.

[quote name='Motoki']Ninja'ed

TLDR; Valve and EA Frenemies forever.

They just posted an announcement. The top thing of their new rules is no posting Origin deals ever.

Wait. Origin has deals? :p

Seriously though, I'm kind of shocked that is one of the things that stirred the pot.

They did add the obligatory no Russian keys etc. but apparently he said the main issue was that Valve didn't like them posting Origin deals. :shock: I'm pretty flabbergasted at that. The whole EA/Valve war must be ramping up even more.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Origin is making Valve nervous.....kinda sad honestly

[quote name='Motoki']They did add the obligatory no Russian keys etc. but apparently he said the main issue was that Valve didn't like them posting Origin deals. :shock: I'm pretty flabbergasted at that. The whole EA/Valve war must be ramping up even more.[/QUOTE]

When you've got a competitor that makes up outright lies and goes out of their way to try to destroy you, yeah, I'd ban them from everything I could as well.

[quote name='Bios Element']When you've got a competitor that makes up outright lies and goes out of their way to try to destroy you, yeah, I'd ban them from everything I could as well.[/QUOTE]

I dont mind Origin

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Sounds like Origin is making Valve nervous.....kinda sad honestly[/QUOTE]

You don't stay on the top by being complacent

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back