The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Captain Urahara']Whoever wins . . . we lose.[/QUOTE]

War-Z or Alien: Colonial Wars sounds like stuff I'd buy if it was wicked-cheap; OR Tony (Amazon DVG) threw those in a bundle w/ OTHER AWESOME games I really wanted.... ;)

EDIT:
[quote name='DPsycho']"Duncan Donuts" is a great screenname, too.
[/QUOTE]
Agreed. :D

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Alright so I just started Just Cause 2 and my impressions of it are really good at this point. Does the game get worse as it progresses? I hope not.[/QUOTE]
The game stays awesome, but just beware there is so much stuff to collect. I mean so much stuff.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']The game stays awesome, but just beware there is so much stuff to collect. I mean so much stuff.[/QUOTE]

I love collecting stuff. Welllll, except for the Assassin's Creed flags.

So I have a question. What is the best game on PC that is comparable to Gran Turismo 5? When I say comparable I mean cars of all different types and well races that are on racetracks and not just races on streets.

I been watching Top Gear lately and well I am in a I wanna play a real racing game mode :lol:. I will either get something on PC or just go for GT5 XL edition.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So I have a question. What is the best game on PC that is comparable to Gran Turismo 5? When I say comparable I mean cars of all different types and well races that are on racetracks and not just races on streets.

I been watching Top Gear lately and well I am in a I wanna play a real racing game mode :lol:. I will either get something on PC or just go for GT5 XL edition.[/QUOTE]

You know, I've wondered that myself. Not because I'm any good at that kind of game, mind you. I just like collecting the cars through sucking in enough races to buy the next one I want.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So I have a question. What is the best game on PC that is comparable to Gran Turismo 5? When I say comparable I mean cars of all different types and well races that are on racetracks and not just races on streets.

I been watching Top Gear lately and well I am in a I wanna play a real racing game mode :lol:. I will either get something on PC or just go for GT5 XL edition.[/QUOTE]

I play a little Forza but don't keep up on that kind of racing. Off the top of my head I'd say NFS Shift 2 might be the closest recent game like that for the PC. Keep an eye out for Project CARS which I think is coming out later this year.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']You know, I've wondered that myself. Not because I'm any good at that kind of game, mind you. I just like collecting the cars through sucking in enough races to buy the next one I want.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and I don't care much for online. Test Drive Unlimited 2 kinda had the right idea, but I realized that I would rather be racing on actual tracks instead of just city.

[quote name='jatan11t']I think Fallen Enchantress has finally reached my price point to buy[/QUOTE]

It's up to you, but be aware they are coming out with Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes soon which is basically Fallen Enchantress+. It has everything the current FE has plus they added some new game mechanics and campaigns.

If you get the regular version now and want to buy Legendary Heroes later they will give you half off the regular price though.

If you are dead set on getting it now then do so from Gamefly because they have the same sale price Steam has plus another 20% off when you use the coupon code GFDMAR20.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, and I don't care much for online. Test Drive Unlimited 2 kinda had the right idea, but I realized that I would rather be racing on actual tracks instead of just city.[/QUOTE]

I love that TDU2 game.... :D

Oh, and some of that music in there.

Wo0t @ Passion Pit's "Little Secrets" song in there (on Hariba Radio).
Shoutout to that local Cambridge-based band. :D
And I bought Passion Pit's recent Gossamer album from Amazon MP3 yesterday (1 day deal) for $2.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Alright so I just started Just Cause 2 and my impressions of it are really good at this point. Does the game get worse as it progresses? I hope not.[/QUOTE]

If you simply do a little of the story based stuff occasionally, but focus on . . . mayhem around the map, it'll stay the same for many, many hours. I think I did the first few missions for the, uh, red group? Then just started picking regions to clear out.

[quote name='jatan11t']I think Fallen Enchantress has finally reached my price point to buy[/QUOTE]

If you have Gamestop credit to burn I believe that they have it for the same price and redeems on Steam.

Edit: Or do the extra 20% off on Gamefly like Motoki said. As a PC and console gamer I usually have GS credit to burn.

Edit 2: Gamestop also has the Magicka bundle 75% off!!! Finally a deal on this one!!

[quote name='Carlmundo']Finished my "4 For February" today (complete 4 games in Feb)

Assassin's Creed 3
Trine 2 (+ DLC)
Hotline Miami

and...

Indie Game: The Movie :)[/QUOTE]

Good movie, I suggest re-watching it with the Team Meat commentary on. It's much better that way.

Damn, I wish I had a movie for my Four In February. Or Dear Esther, which is pretty much the same thing.

Not that I own Dear Esther because they still haven't put that damned thing in a bundle yet.

[quote name='stupidproz1']Good movie, I suggest re-watching it with the Team Meat commentary on. It's much better that way.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to delete it. Hmm, maybe I'll pull the mp3 out and see if it makes any sense without watching the video.

Dear Esther is the daily deal=Headliner for next Humble Bundle, I wager.

It's funny... for the past two weeks I kept looking at Dear Esther on Steam and kept saying "you can wait until its cheaper." Today I finally said "screw it, I'm gonna buy it for $10 anyways" only to see it went on sale.

I always considered it would possibly be a Humble Bundle game at some point, but the way I see it, given how much I've paid for the past HBs, I probably would've been paying roughly $2.50 to play it through that outlet anyways.

[quote name='iamsmart']It's funny... for the past two weeks I kept looking at Dear Esther on Steam and kept saying "you can wait until its cheaper." Today I finally said "screw it, I'm gonna buy it for $10 anyways" only to see it went on sale.

I always considered it would possibly be a Humble Bundle game at some point, but the way I see it, given how much I've paid for the past HBs, I probably would've been paying roughly $2.50 to play it through that outlet anyways.[/QUOTE]
tisk....tisk....:shame:

I can't get the giraffe image out of my HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! why did steam have to put RE:6 logo on the store front......

[quote name='iamsmart']It's funny... for the past two weeks I kept looking at Dear Esther on Steam and kept saying "you can wait until its cheaper." Today I finally said "screw it, I'm gonna buy it for $10 anyways" only to see it went on sale.[/QUOTE]
You broke the #1 Steam rule: Don't buy anything unless it's on sale. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Motoki']With regard to finding the deals here, you basically skim the last couple of pages or so of this thread and if there's a deal someone is probably talking about it. People also tend to discuss deals for games from other sources that redeem on Steam like indie bundles, Amazon, Gamersgate etc which you'd miss if you just check Steam's page.

If you really want an at a glance listing of just deals on Steam games across the board from various sources (not just from Steam themselves) then Reddit Game Deals is probably a better place to look for that.
They do post some GOG DRM free stuff and console stuff sometimes but most of the stuff are deals on there are deals on Steam or that games that activate on Steam. If not it's generally clearly noted.

There are some really handy posts there sometimes. Like the list of all games Amazon has on sale right now that redeem on Steam.
[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with the first paragraph. Thanks I didn't know about the reddit thing, also lists console games....eew. My favorite at a glance sales listing is CheapShark, it's a script, not human input based, so don't solely rely on it, that said the script sometimes filters up interesting stuff that I haven't seem fleshbags mention. I tend to crosspost any particularly hot deals in the steam thread, for higher visibility.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I love collecting stuff. Welllll, except for the Assassin's Creed flags.[/QUOTE]

I liked flag collecting (in AC2/B/R). Collecting feathers in AC2 however was only for the pious (probably the same type who hunted down all 200 flying rats in GTA4), in AC:B they reduced it to 10 token feathers.

Check out GRID, I love it, tracks and some designated streets (not map-based), i.e. there is one track in San Francisco. I particularly love their rendition of Nürburgring and Istanbul Park. Great variety in car types from ricers, to muscle, to LMP-1&2. It has an enjoyable but challenging physics model that falls a little short of hardcore sim (e.g. Race 07 and assorted expansions) closest physics model is TDU2 with assists off. GRID (like Dirt) has like 7 difficulty levels, and three different damage effect levels iirc.

Edit: A little more forgiving than TDU2 with assists off, in the sense that you won't likely spin out, but it's got depth to to master to shave your time.

[quote name='Preedatore']I have no clue what CAG 3.0 is since I'm always on mobile. I should check out the desktop site at some point.[/QUOTE]
All I know is its some big update (obviously). Last time I even heard about 3.0 was back in 2011..... Anyone want to send me to a link to fill me in or anything?

[quote name='asheskitty']
Check out GRID, I love it, tracks and some designated streets (not map-based), i.e. there is one track in San Francisco. I particularly love their rendition of Nürburgring and Istanbul Park. Great variety in car types from ricers, to muscle, to LMP-1&2. It has an enjoyable but challenging physics model that falls a little short of hardcore sim (e.g. Race 07 and assorted expansions) closest physics model is TDU2 with assists off. GRID (like Dirt) has like 7 difficulty levels, and three different damage effect levels iirc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input, ashes! I actually have GRID sitting in my backlog. Got it back in the winter sale with the coal giveaways and such. It was the only thing of value I won :lol:

[quote name='asheskitty']Totally agree with the first paragraph. Thanks I didn't know about the reddit thing, also lists console games....eew.
[/QUOTE]

FWIW, there's very minimal console stuff there. It's like 10% console and 90% PC, whereas here it's the reverse.

The do love Nuuvem there though :roll: so there's that.

Once in a while you may even see something from a key reseller although they tend to frown on that and may remove those.

The bulk of the stuff there though is Steam/Gamersgate/Greenmangaming/Gamestop/Gamefly/GetGamesGo/Amazon. Tony does post there as do reps from GMG, Gamefly and GGG.

It's all manually entered by a human so that's helpful. I won't say they catch 100% of deals but somebody somewhere will post most of them.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Thanks for the input, ashes! I actually have GRID sitting in my backlog. Got it back in the winter sale with the coal giveaways and such. It was the only thing of value I won :lol:[/QUOTE]

^_^ Grats! I kinda wish I had it on steam. I'm pretty sure I bought it on D2D, hmm maybe that's enough of an excuse the next time it hits 75% off.... :lol:

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW, there's very minimal console stuff there. It's like 10% console and 90% PC, whereas here it's the reverse.

The do love Nuuvem there though :roll: so there's that.

Once in a while you may even see something from a key reseller although they tend to frown on that and may remove those.

The bulk of the stuff there though is Steam/Gamersgate/Greenmangaming/Gamestop/Gamefly/GetGamesGo/Amazon. Tony does post there as do reps from GMG, Gamefly and GGG.

It's all manually entered by a human so that's helpful. I won't say they catch 100% of deals but somebody somewhere will post most of them.[/QUOTE]

Aah, cool, :cool: I'll keep an eye on it. Yeah, there's a good reason I rarely stray from my subscribed PC threads on CAG, stands for Console Asshole Gamer right? =p :rofl:

[quote name='Detruire']You broke the #1 Steam rule: Don't buy anything unless it's on sale. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

If that was always the case then people might wait for years for certain games to go on sale ;).

[quote name='asheskitty']

Check out GRID, I love it, tracks and some designated streets (not map-based), i.e. there is one track in San Francisco. I particularly love their rendition of Nürburgring and Istanbul Park. Great variety in car types from ricers, to muscle, to LMP-1&2. It has an enjoyable but challenging physics model that falls a little short of hardcore sim (e.g. Race 07 and assorted expansions) closest physics model is TDU2 with assists off. GRID (like Dirt) has like 7 difficulty levels, and three different damage effect levels iirc.

Edit: A little more forgiving than TDU2 with assists off, in the sense that you won't likely spin out, but it's got depth to to master to shave your time.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for reminding me that I actually need to remember to download and install GRID - which I've had for quite a while and never-ever downloaded, installed, and played.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That comes with the Kill Hitler DLC. You have to buy the rest, but it usually cheap on Steam when it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Activating it gave me the Neudorf DLC, the Kill Hitler DLC, and an ambiguous "Rifle DLC".

I looked into it, since it's pretty poorly worded exactly what you get from it, and found something on the game's community website where a rep said:

#11 Posted : 03 October 2012 10:20:49(UTC)

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 172 post(s)

Atis wrote:

What is the 5 new multi modes and 4 coop modes?

Multi:
TDM,DM,DK,TDK,CTF this or another?

Coop:
Kill Taly,Overwatch.Bombing run, Campaigne coop or another?

New weapon:
Kar98,SVT,M1 Carbine or another?

New single mission? This is Neudorf Outpost or another?

PLZ MORE INFO!!!

Admin wrote:

Its all the stuff already released to date. The difference is they've never had a presence within the retail sector - only ever online. So this extended edition allows for that, brings awareness to those who haven't already made the purchase.

So I'm thinking it gives everything but the recently released DLC, which is a great deal to me. It's less than what I'd pay for each individual item at 75% off, and Steam doesn't have a bundle deal currently, so I'm satisfied. ;)

The Mash Bundle

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People - for: steam (pc and mac), windows, mac, desura
Guns of Icarus Online - for: steam (pc, mac and linux)
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise - for: steam (pc)
KRUNCH - for: windows, mac, linux, desura
Delve Deeper - for: steam (pc), windows, desura (+DLC)

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Kill Hitler originally came with 2 rifles which were called separately as a different DLC pack. So you have the Kill Hitler pack and one more DLC level out of four (I think) total. That's not shabby.

Each DLC is one more single player level. Not huge but not a crumb. I've not been disappointed with any.

For the record, Kill Hitler is just one extra SP mission. The target could be anyone but in this case it is Hitler. He is definitely a tough target to take out as he has a lot of backup and actually moves quick from cover to cover.

Oh just FYI TrackMania² Stadium is in open beta on Steam. I played it for an hour last night and enjoyed it for what it is -- a little racer with really zany tracks and an extremely simple physics model. It was designed for keyboard. Stadium supports a controller LS-steer, LB-brake, Rb-gas, with analog steering but still binary gas/brake. (It feels similar to a free predecessor TM: Nations Forever, on steam.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back