The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gnarc90']I was hoping on more publisher packs. I planned on picking up Id complete pack but it looks like they merged that with the bethesda pack, and I'm not going to drop $90.

Doom 3 BFG is 50% off in the flash deal, any chance it might go lower this sale?[/QUOTE]

Probably not.

[quote name='Gnarc90']I was hoping on more publisher packs. I planned on picking up Id complete pack but it looks like they merged that with the bethesda pack, and I'm not going to drop $90.

Doom 3 BFG is 50% off in the flash deal, any chance it might go lower this sale?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I was hoping for the id software pack too *sigh*

[quote name='The End']When I first saw you post here I read your username too fast and at first I thought it said Leviathan. [/QUOTE]

I first read it as Trevelyan, as in the Bond villain.

[quote name='Gnarc90']Doom 3 BFG is 50% off in the flash deal, any chance it might go lower this sale?[/QUOTE]

It's $10.50 on Green Man Gaming with code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831. Activates on Steam, too.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']It's $10.50 on Green Man Gaming with code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831. Activates on Steam, too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, good enough price for me

[quote name='The End']Could Somebody explain this to me? Everything in This pack is also included in This pack. Plus the second pack has a whole shitload of extra stuff in it. Yet the first pack is $10 more.[/QUOTE]

The expensive one is an older pack and THQ likely requested a base discount across all of their packs and didn't bother to remove the old one. There's a lot of odd THQ pricing in general. There's like a Darksiders franchise pack for 20 bucks (Both games, all DLC). But the 2nd game by itself is 25.

[quote name='The End']Could Somebody explain this to me? Everything in This pack is also included in This pack. Plus the second pack has a whole shitload of extra stuff in it. Yet the first pack is $10 more.[/QUOTE]
The second one at 75% off = :D

[quote name='Corpekata']The expensive one is an older pack and THQ likely requested a base discount across all of their packs and didn't bother to remove the old one. There's a lot of odd THQ pricing in general. There's like a Darksiders franchise pack for 20 bucks (Both games, all DLC). But the 2nd game by itself is 25.[/QUOTE]

They're going through some stuff, OKAY!?

BigSpoonyBard, I never heard the story with your candy signature. Story time?

Oh, and no more avatars for now. imac's is the last one of the evening.

[quote name='Corpekata']The expensive one is an older pack and THQ likely requested a base discount across all of their packs and didn't bother to remove the old one. There's a lot of odd THQ pricing in general. There's like a Darksiders franchise pack for 20 bucks (Both games, all DLC). But the 2nd game by itself is 25.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess that makes sense. It's crazy over there and in all the commotion they just forgot to yank an older pack.

[quote name='pantsattack']imac2much:
W7FS8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not your finest work, but I certainly couldn't do any better.

EDIT: Well imac2much likes it. So that's all that matters.

[quote name='imac2much']I love it! Thanks! :applause:[/QUOTE]
YAY!
[quote name='The End']Not your finest work, but I certainly couldn't do any better.

EDIT: Well imac2much likes it. So that's all that matters.[/QUOTE]
Why I aughtta....

[quote name='The End']Well I guess that makes sense. It's crazy over there and in all the commotion they just forgot to yank an older pack.
[/QUOTE]

I actually want that pack with the DLC and I know I should wait for it to get a daily and go down to $10 for every damned Dawn of War thing ever on Steam but part of me is afraid it's a mistake and they'll go 'oh shit' and fix it.

Hmm. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Motoki']I actually want that pack with the DLC and I know I should wait for it to get a daily and go down to $10 for every damned Dawn of War thing ever on Steam but part of me is afraid it's a mistake and they'll go 'oh shit' and fix it.

Hmm. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

THQ is done correcting mistakes.

[quote name='Eldredpe']THQ is done correcting mistakes.[/QUOTE]

I've been having this recurring nightmare lately that they get bought out by EA and all their games yanked from Steam and become Origin exclusive... 8-[

[quote name='pantsattack']YAY!

Why I aughtta....[/QUOTE]

Had to change mine for this occasion. Please make a candy cane come out of Lin Ying Zhi's mouth.

Or you can give her a hat on this picture (mild NSFW).

She's staring into your souuul!

[quote name='Motoki']I've been having this recurring nightmare lately that they get bought out by EA and all their games yanked from Steam and become Origin exclusive... 8-[[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it man. We now own most of their games.

Anyway, off to bed. If the end of the world comes while I'm asleep, let me sleep in.

Why doesn't Gabe throw in Windows 8 (75% off $40 --- so $10) as one of the community choices?

That way we can for the first time have an option that gets

That makes perfect sense seeing as how I recently dumped my old Saints Row the Third Franchise Pack (the one that was $13 during the summer sale) on Steamgifts for 105 points a day after the SRTT Complete Pack came out for all of $25.

I never play racing games but I still bought that WTCC game for the lofty buck nineteen :applause:

[quote name='nategator']Why doesn't Gabe throw in Windows 8 (75% off $40 --- so $10) as one of the community choices?

That way we can for the first time have an option that gets

I'm on a big mystery/detective kick these days, so I've been looking at the Sherlock games. Can anybody say anything about any of these games? Do they suck?

I'm kind of interested in the Jack the Ripper one, but I'm also looking at all the others, and that Collection pack for ~$9 looks like it could maybe be a good buy at the end of the sale if it doesn't go cheaper before then.

[quote name='zillionandnine']I'm on a big mystery/detective kick these days, so I've been looking at the Sherlock games. Can anybody say anything about any of these games? Do they suck?

I'm kind of interested in the Jack the Ripper one, but I'm also looking at all the others, and that Collection pack for ~$9 looks like it could maybe be a good buy at the end of the sale if it doesn't go cheaper before then.[/QUOTE]
It wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the awful Tages DRM included with that game.

[quote name='zillionandnine']I'm on a big mystery/detective kick these days, so I've been looking at the Sherlock games. Can anybody say anything about any of these games? Do they suck?

I'm kind of interested in the Jack the Ripper one, but I'm also looking at all the others, and that Collection pack for ~$9 looks like it could maybe be a good buy at the end of the sale if it doesn't go cheaper before then.[/QUOTE]

I have these, I like them alot. You really feel like a detective when playing them. I never saw any tages with those games.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay I am having way too much fun with Mission Runway.

[snip]

That or I'm deliriously tired. Probably the latter.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely smashing, so vogue. I'm impressed with your sense of style, Motoki. :lol:

[quote name='Detruire']It wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the awful Tages DRM included with that game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BridgetFisher']I have these, I like them alot. You really feel like a detective when playing them. I never saw any tages with those games.[/QUOTE]

Thank you both. I'll have to look into the DRM situation.

I've only played the Jack the ripper one, which I thought was pretty fun. Just don't expect a big budget game and you likely won't be disappointed.

I have the Jack the Ripper one and I really enjoyed it, makes you feel like a 1800's CSI, I really like how they make you really think of how each crime went down.

[quote name='Syntax Error']WTF did Stacey Truman ever do to you?[/QUOTE]

Hey that wench should be thankful I clothed her at all. When she came to me she was in her underwear looking dazed and confused.

stacye.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back