The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='travathian']Might need a new Steam Deal thread before the Winter Sale ends![/QUOTE]
lol, the gamersgate thing really inflated this thread.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']75% Tiny and Big... hmm.

Seems like a bundle game, don't know if I should bite.[/QUOTE]

It was in a bundle. It was just in a shitty IndieFort no Steam keys bundle.

I am hoping they will come to their senses and put it in another bundle where they have the decency to provide Steam keys.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']1% chance. Sims franchise has NEVER hit 75% (I've been eyeing it since it first became available on Steam). It has been 66% a handful of times; it received a 50% discount during the Summer Sale.[/QUOTE]

It was 75% once when Showtime hit. I know because I bought most of it then. Some of the newer (at the time) stuff was less than 75% off but the base and most of the older packs were.

It's very rare though and you're just as likely to see it yanked off of Steam entirely (like they did with the Sims Medieval expansion) as you are to see a 75% off discount.

Getting annoying took nearly 1hr and 30min to get the verification email. Now I am spamming the link to verify even though I already got a confirmation email from GG for the bundle but have yet to log into paypal to buy it...

[quote name='Captain Urahara']The Bioshock vote is still pissing me off. Who would seriously vote for that? I missed out on 75% off Vice City for that :(

EDIT: Anyone have a spare Bethesda collection they are looking to offload? Price? Trade? A portion of the collection maybe?[/QUOTE]

I voted for Bioshock :bouncy:

You know, this whole thing almost makes up for not getting that damned usb Whale Oil Lamp.

Almost.

Anyway, I got Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and Doom 3 activated. I'm getting there. At a snails pace.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Getting annoying took nearly 1hr and 30min to get the verification email. Now I am spamming the link to verify even though I already got a confirmation email from GG for the bundle but have yet to log into paypal to buy it...[/QUOTE]
Same boat here. Have a confirmation email for the order, but haven't gotten an account verification one yet and that page is giving me hella fits. Every time I hear my phone make the "You've got mail" noise I get excited it might finally be my verification. Then I get disappointed that someone just wants to enlarge my penis again.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']The Bioshock vote is still pissing me off. Who would seriously vote for that? [/QUOTE]

Ya, it doesn't make any sense. Amazon always beats Steam price on it.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I voted for Bioshock :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I hate to inform you but you are dumb :drool:

[quote name='beebs']Ya, it doesn't make any sense. Amazon always beats Steam price on it.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. They wasted the chance for an actual deal so they can pay more. What a waste.

Apparently my copy of the Bethesda collection if giftable only. Anyone familiar with GG know if there's a way to gift it to myself to see the keys or do I have to create another account and gift it to that one?

[quote name='krevee']I was wondering the same thing. Its been in my wishlist for a while now. So very tempted at 75%. It is the only thing in this sale far that I have wanted to buy.

Also saw some people wanting to vote for SpaceChem so I guess I will since none of them interest me...

And this thread is way to frantic to keep up with![/QUOTE]

LOL I am in the same exact position...I was also debating on Orcs 2...before the deal vanished >.>

[quote name='Captain Urahara']The Bioshock vote is still pissing me off. Who would seriously vote for that? I missed out on 75% off Vice City for that :([/QUOTE]

yeah wtf is that...

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I hate to inform you but you are dumb :drool:

Exactly. They wasted the chance for an actual deal so they can pay more. What a waste.[/QUOTE]

I voted for Bioshock and I even stated why I did so. Short answer: I own them all and want to vote in every vote... mostly because there's an achievement for voting. And when I own all of them, do you really think I'm going to go look at other sites and find out where the cheapest price is for each one?

Nope. I'm going to just pick one. I picked the best game of the bunch. That's not idiotic. It's just lazy. ;)

Holy hell... i leave you all for a few hours to go to work and come back to find you've brought down gamersgate.

[quote name='Mooby']When they add Tiny and Big as a bonus to HIB 7 you'll all kick yourself.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to add this to my cart when I thought the exact same thing.

I really hate myself right now... I saw the Darksiders Franchise pack for $13 on Steam and bought it immediately... what I didn't realize is Amazon also has the same deal, but theirs comes with more DLC and the season pass. UGH I wish Steam would compensate

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I voted for Bioshock and I even stated why I did so. Short answer: I own them all and want to vote in every vote... mostly because there's an achievement for voting. And when I own all of them, do you really think I'm going to go look at other sites and find out where the cheapest price is for each one?

Nope. I'm going to just pick one. I picked the best game of the bunch. That's not idiotic. It's just lazy. ;)[/QUOTE]

You just chose what you liked best but already owned. You didn't even bother to ask your fellow CAGs what they would like. *Sigh* :roll:

And I should add that I'm talking about the community in general. It was a community vote. Which means either people voted for it because they wanted it, i.e. missing a BETTER deal and paying more, or doing what you did and ruining it for those who wanted one of the other 2 deals. Either way it was a stupid move.

[quote name='SativaSam']I really hate myself right now... I saw the Darksiders Franchise pack for $13 on Steam and bought it immediately... what I didn't realize is Amazon also has the same deal, but theirs comes with more DLC and the season pass. UGH I wish Steam would compensate[/QUOTE]

And a $5 off voucher for best of 2012 games in January. :p

[quote name='SativaSam']I really hate myself right now... I saw the Darksiders Franchise pack for $13 on Steam and bought it immediately... what I didn't realize is Amazon also has the same deal, but theirs comes with more DLC and the season pass. UGH I wish Steam would compensate[/QUOTE]

The only thing missing from the Steam version is the Maker's Armor from the Season Pass. Everything else from the Season Pass is included in the long list of DLC.

Hmmm I hit the pay now button on the Paypal Checkout and it timed out... Keep hitting refresh or hope that it actually got through?

Don't forget the bonus $5 credit in January! *salt in wound*

Edit: Motoki beat me to it.

I also voted for bioshock, hl2 is old and boring, and I already forget what the other choice was :p

Pretty lame bioshock deal but its not a valve title so doubt it would see a big discount to push more sales.

[quote name='Charlie2688']LOL I am in the same exact position...I was also debating on Orcs 2...before the deal vanished >.>[/QUOTE]

If you liked the first, the second is more of the same plus a bit more. The big thing it adds is co-op. If you haven't played any of the series, there's a demo available.

I actually got this pack into my cart and I think I'm going to back out. The only thing I am missing is:

Dishonored - do want
Hunted - do want

DOOM 3 BFG - want, but have DOOM3 and the expansion already

Brink - do not want
Rogue Warrior - do not want

For those who got the GG Bethesda order to go through, is there another order confirmation screen after the PayPal screen? That's where I'm hung up at. The URL starts like this http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/notify/paypal-express?order_id and then has a alpha numeric series which I assume, or at least hope, is an order confirmation. However, the payment has not yet appeared on my PayPal acct. : (

edit: Shit. Nevermind. $28.76 just showed up on my Sent Payment screen. Um, yay, I guess.

Just got back from work. Don't feel like checking 30 pages to see if anybody mentioned it, bu I'm disappointed in the Dishonored sale. I passed on getting it on Black Friday for $25 because I'd rather have it for PC than PS3, but Steam can't even match a console video game price? This is blasphemy. I would have preordered the game if I would have known the Bethesda Insiders thing quietly died, so I didn't get it for free, but I held out this long now so I might as wait until it goes on sale like every other game. Since I didn't get it Black Friday, I at least want it for that price.

[quote name='hal']I actually got this pack into my cart and I think I'm going to back out. The only thing I am missing is:

Dishonored - do want
Hunted - do want

DOOM 3 BFG - want, but have DOOM3 and the expansion already

Brink - do not want
Rogue Warrior - do not want[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had gotten Skyrim for $10 earlier. Dishonored would run horribly on my dated rig and I already owned the Fallouts and prior TES stuff. Rest I couldn't care less about even though a buddy gave me Rage.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']If I get in the HB for $1 do I still get the bonus game or has the week passed?[/QUOTE]

The time frame is irrelevant so long as you buy it before they start adding stuff.

The GG dealey is almost not worth it to me anymore. Really just want the Fallouts and then gift the rest, but this is becoming quite not worth it, and I'll probably just wait for the Fallouts to be on sale on Steam and just get them there.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']If I get in the HB for $1 do I still get the bonus game or has the week passed?[/QUOTE]

As long as you get in before the bonus games are up.

[quote name='hal']
Rogue Warrior - do not want[/QUOTE]
Rogue Warrior has astonishing metascore of 29. I think it will be the first game I will install from this pack.

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']Just got back from work. Don't feel like checking 30 pages to see if anybody mentioned it, bu I'm disappointed in the Dishonored sale. I passed on getting it on Black Friday for $25 because I'd rather have it for PC than PS3, but Steam can't even match a console video game price? This is blasphemy. I would have preordered the game if I would have known the Bethesda Insiders thing quietly died, so I didn't get it for free, but I held out this long now so I might as wait until it goes on sale like every other game. Since I didn't get it Black Friday, I at least want it for that price.[/QUOTE]

Wait for it...wait for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back