The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='soulkyo']Are the BTA games worth paying the full price (which is rising penny by penny)?[/QUOTE]
I paid $7.50 for Grimrock alone last year. Worth every penny.

Indie Game the movie is on Netflix FYI.

Grabbing HB at the $1 level because I already have Grimlock (great game btw) and really can't stand Dungeon Defends and all it's many, many DLC. Did I mention there were many?

On THQ when I heard 'assests to a bidder' I immediately thought of a huge borg like monolithic gaming company that I am not too fond and of was ready to weap bitter tears but apparently the bidder is some investment firm that's just helping with financing for now and they are still going to entertain further bids.

I hope things end well.

Oh and re: War Z. Well duh. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I think it also highlights that Valve needs to screen their stuff a little better. I don't expect them to go over everything with a fine tooth comb but at least play the stuff for 5 minutes so you can expose it if it's a glaringly obvious scam like cash grab.

I like how HB7 and Android 4 had individual keys, but the THQ bundle didn't and I threw a fit about it.

They must've got my e-mail, even though they never refunded my money. :roll:

Bought it for $1.

[quote name='Motoki']Indie Game the movie is on Netflix FYI.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I watched the whole movie on Netflix and well it's something that to me felt kinda odd. I just felt odd that someone would basically do nothing with their life for 2-3 years (I mean literally nothing, as in little to no social life), besides making a game.

I picked up a few games from the Greenlight bundle and was shocked to see that one of the bonus albums was by Absofacto, one of Jon Visger's projects, who is a guy I knew from college.

I saw a midnight showing of Hausu with him once a couple years ago.

That's kind of bizarre.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, I watched the whole movie on Netflix and well it's something that to me felt kinda odd. I just felt odd that someone would basically do nothing with their life for 2-3 years (I mean literally nothing, as in little to no social life), besides making a game.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like me except without that whole 'making a game' part. :lol:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, I watched the whole movie on Netflix and well it's something that to me felt kinda odd. I just felt odd that someone would basically do nothing with their life for 2-3 years (I mean literally nothing, as in little to no social life), besides making a game.[/QUOTE]

I went 12 years of waking up, going to work, coming home and going to bed. So for me, 2-3 years is cake. ;)

Pathetic huh...?

[quote name='Motoki']Indie Game the movie is on Netflix FYI.[/QUOTE]

*smacks forehead*

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't notice IGTM was a movie instead of a game and I just watched the thing a few weeks ago. Made me kind of want to play Fez.

More Winter Bundles:

SEGA Hits Pack:
No DLC on anything.

Total War: Shogun 2
Empire: Total War
Medieval II: Total War
Rome: Total War

Aliens vs. Predator
Alpha Protocol
Binary Domain
Hell Yeah!
Renegade Ops
Sonic Generations
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Virtua Tennis 4

Space Channel 5
Sega Bass Fishing
Crazy Taxi
Sonic Adventure DX

Also a separate Sonic Pack.
Bethesda Collection:
Brink [+ DLC]
Dishonored
DOOM 3: BFG Edition
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind GOTY
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion GOTY [but not Deluxe, so far]
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Fallout 3: GOTY
Fallout: New Vegas
Quake [+ Exp]
Quake II [+ Exp]
Quake III
Quake III: Team Arena
Quake IV
RAGE
Telltale Collection:
Back to the Future
Bone: Out from Boneville
Bone: The Great Cow Race
Hector
Jurassic Park
Law & Order
Puzzle Agent
Puzzle Agent 2
Sam & Max: Season 1, 2, 3
SBCG4AP
Tales of Monkey Island
Telltale Texas Hold 'em
The Walking Dead
Wallace & Gromit

and a huuge Rocksmith Pack.

[quote name='Palinn']*smacks forehead*

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't notice IGTM was a movie instead of a game and I just watched the thing a few weeks ago. Made me kind of want to play Fez.[/QUOTE]
I always had interest in Fez. I also don't own an x-box so I am waiting for the Steam port. If it happens.

[quote name='MidnightRythms']To follow up with the THQ news, Amazon is offering the 'Tantalizing THQ Medley' pack which consists of the following:
[...]
2. Metro 2033
[...][/QUOTE]
They need to get it over with and just bundle that game with Windows, like Solitaire, Minesweeper or Freecell.

Honestly I think all I'll keep is Shank 2. When I grab it later tonight I'll probably just give away the other keys -- keep your eyes peeled lurkers!

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Late to the party I realize, but definitely in for 1. I already own La-Mulana through GoG, but am definitely interested in having the OSTs as well as a Steam copy (once it makes it through Greenlight). I figure $1.50 is worth the gamble in hopes that they reach the bonus amount.

So I guess now to arbitrarily pick 2x random games and pay minimum on them. Seriously, not a single one of these titles look any good to me. =\ Any recommendations fellow CAGs?[/QUOTE]

If you are patient and keep an eye out Groupees will usually do a limited time special on their Build a Bundle setups where you can just get one game for 75 cent minimum.

FWIW Salvation Prophecy seems to be relatively close to getting Greenlit too. Apparently, the dev was over in Groupees chat yesterday and said his game is currently #28. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33591998&postcount=3234

He seems pretty cool too. He went and thanked all the people coming in from Groupees on his Greenlight page.

Not sure on the others. Some of them I do feel like are longshots, like Millennium which is why when they (originally) said no Desura key I got all 'Oh NO you d'tnt!'

I thought it was odd that CD keys for Shank or Shank 2 no longer show up in my library. I know a CD key for Shank 1 used to show, as I activated it on Origin, but it looks like they removed keys for both of the games now?

[quote name='Motoki']
Not sure on the others. Some of them I do feel like are longshots, like Millennium which is why when they (originally) said no Desura key I got all 'Oh NO you d'tnt!'[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and picked up the entire bundle - was less than $6. On the off chance that even one or two games make it to Steam, it's worth it. Some others had Desura keys. I have no problem supporting Indie devs in this way.

hell yea! ive been waiting for a telltale collection. i dont play adventure games, but ive been wanting to give em a shot. so long as the price is right.

[quote name='Mooby']Sounds like me except without that whole 'making a game' part. :lol:[/QUOTE]

suddenly your avatar reminds me of a caveman. I guess you picked your avatar wisely. :applause:

It's actually an orc from the Deathspank games -- no idea why I picked it. At this point if I change no one will recognize me!

[quote name='MidnightRythms']To follow up with the THQ news, Amazon is offering the 'Tantalizing THQ Medley' pack which consists of the following:

1. Homefront
2. Metro 2033
3. Red Faction Armageddon
4. Red Faction Guerrilla
5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
6. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

The pack is going for $7.50 and is redeemable on Steam. fuck yeah.[/QUOTE]
youre a little late buddy. Too bad metro is in there

[quote name='jshackles']I went ahead and picked up the entire bundle - was less than $6. On the off chance that even one or two games make it to Steam, it's worth it. Some others had Desura keys. I have no problem supporting Indie devs in this way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got the whole thing too. $6 for all those games is decent enough to me and I still have the Desura keys for the ones that don't make it onto Steam so I'm not too concerned.

I was just putting it out there that Salvation Prophecy seems to be probably the next likely of the bunch to get Greenlit besides La Mulana for those really concerned about getting Steam keys or trying to just find one game to get for La Mulana.

[quote name='Mooby']It's actually an orc from the Deathspank games -- no idea why I picked it. At this point if I change no one will recognize me![/QUOTE]

It fits you. I can't not imagine you as the orc now.

I was devastated when Captain Uhura or whatever the heck his name is stopped being the bishonen anime guy fanning himself.

I would still be the damned dog if I wasn't on a can of Blade Ale and confusing myself thinking he was me and me was he.

[quote name='Mooby']It's actually an orc from the Deathspank games -- no idea why I picked it. At this point if I change no one will recognize me![/QUOTE]

i officially forbid you from changing it now.

[quote name='Motoki']It fits you. I can't not imagine you as the orc now.

I was devastated when Captain Uhura or whatever the heck his name is stopped being the bishonen anime guy fanning himself.

I would still be the damned dog if I wasn't on a can of Blade Ale and confusing myself thinking he was me and me was he.[/QUOTE]

Urahara considered bishounen?

[quote name='Motoki']I would still be the damned dog if I wasn't on a can of Blade Ale and confusing myself thinking he was me and me was he.[/QUOTE]

You could go back to the dog picture before the CQ bling happened. Restore the thread chi.

question... if i activate a code that is game+dlc during the initial activation screen but cancels the installation since i dont want to install it yet... in the future if i install it will i have to download all DLCs individually or will steam recognize that complete version and DL all files at once?

If you own any DLC for a game, it's impossible not to download the DLC. So when you download later, it will download the whole collection.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']question... if i activate a code that is game+dlc during the initial activation screen but cancels the installation since i dont want to install it yet... in the future if i install it will i have to download all DLCs individually or will steam recognize that complete version and DL all files at once?[/QUOTE]

Like it is stated in the Properties: "All downloadable content is automatically installed and uninstalled along this product" so it's your second option.

[quote name='The End']If you own any DLC for a game, it's impossible not to download the DLC. So when you download later, it will download the whole collection.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='soulkyo']Like it is stated in the Properties: "All downloadable content is automatically installed and uninstalled along this product" so it's your second option.[/QUOTE]

thanks guys for the confirmation! yeah, i cancelled dungeon defenders collection installation since i know i wont be able to play it just yet but wanted it to be in my game list already. hehe!

[quote name='jshackles']My fellow CAGS! If you agree, click here.[/QUOTE]

gfdi. This is why I hate change.org. I want to sign this so damn badly, but their site is broken and goes into an endless refresh loop when you try to log in with facebook. Currently jumping through hoops to try and get the password on my old non-fb account.

In any case, totally signing the shit out of this. ;D Easily the most important petition of 2012!

[quote name='jshackles']My fellow CAGS! If you agree, click here.[/QUOTE]

Signed and signed.

And Bit.Trip Runner 2 is available for preorder. You get 10% off wuuuuuuuuuuut. Does anyone actually like these games?

edit: and it comes with a copy of the original, in case you have somehow avoided getting one in your library.

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Signed and signed.

And Bit.Trip Runner 2 is available for preorder. You get 10% off wuuuuuuuuuuut. Does anyone actually like these games?

edit: and it comes with a copy of the original, in case you have somehow avoided getting one in your library.[/QUOTE]
To answer your question, I do. >.> Bit.Trip series is probably one of my favorites this gen. (Though I'm an odd one, in all fairness) It's also worth noting that Bit.Trip Void is also out. Looks like Gaijin games is trying to get us all of the Bit.Trips on PC, they're just taking their time in the porting process.

I can't tell Bit.Trip.Runner from Bit.Trip.Beat or Bit.Trip.Whatever.the.hell.

For the longest time I thought it was all one game and didn't even realize it was in more than one and I owned them. I get these in bundles and never play them.

I can't even imagine paying full price or 90% of full price for it. Soon enough it will be in so many bundles it will make Serious Sam blush.

Oh and the dog. I'll have to dig him back up and when I get home. You know since it's of vital importance and all. I mean if Change.org can get a male Easy Bake oven to come about then who am I to argue with it?

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Signed and signed.

edit: and it comes with a copy of the original, in case you have somehow avoided getting one in your library.[/QUOTE]

I do like these games! :p Although, I liked BIT.TRIP RUNNER better than BIT.TRIP BEAT, especially when I played with a controller. I'm a sucker for these type of games... 75% off or bust, though!

I also wanna check out BIT.TRIP CORE, but my buddy said it's harder than both Beat and Runner. Hmmmm.....

Pretty new to steam sales, even though my steam account is a few years old, what is the "point" to everyone adding each other? Giving away coupons?

That being said, my steam id is Curtsey, anyone is free to add me.

(I would post a link but well, I can't)

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']To answer your question, I do. >.> Bit.Trip series is probably one of my favorites this gen. (Though I'm an odd one, in all fairness) It's also worth noting that Bit.Trip Void is also out. Looks like Gaijin games is trying to get us all of the Bit.Trips on PC, they're just taking their time in the porting process.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zillionandnine']I do like these games! :p Although, I liked BIT.TRIP RUNNER better than BIT.TRIP BEAT, especially when I played with a controller. I'm a sucker for these type of games... 75% off or bust, though!

I also wanna check out BIT.TRIP CORE, but my buddy said it's harder than both Beat and Runner. Hmmmm.....[/QUOTE]

Maybe I will give them another shot. The only time I played them was while going for the prizes last winter sale. Those achievements ruined a few games for me, especially Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy.

[quote name='Curtsey']Pretty new to steam sales, even though my steam account is a few years old, what is the "point" to everyone adding each other? Giving away coupons?

That being said, my steam id is Curtsey, anyone is free to add me.

(I would post a link but well, I can't)[/QUOTE]

So we can play Revelations 2012 on Friday as the world ends.

Actually I want to. Seriously.

They updated it several times recently so I'm sure it's all working perfectly and looking great. Okay not really it's trash but I still want to play.

Frithsblessing?

New Humble bundle is a bit meh as I own most of it. But I tossed a dollar on it for Shank 2 and BOI dlc. Maybe some stuff I don't have will get added. :D

Seems like Steam is prepping for the start of the big sale - I've noticed games popping up on sale then quickly being taken back to regular price.

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record was 50% off briefly, which is likely the Winter Sale discount.

I just thought it might be a good idea to add steam wallet funds now to prevent any hold-ups during the seal. so, how much is everyone loading? :)

I got some in there already, Im thinking $25 to make ~$37. Should be good enough

[quote name='zillionandnine']I do like these games! :p Although, I liked BIT.TRIP RUNNER better than BIT.TRIP BEAT, especially when I played with a controller. I'm a sucker for these type of games... 75% off or bust, though!

I also wanna check out BIT.TRIP CORE, but my buddy said it's harder than both Beat and Runner. Hmmmm.....[/QUOTE]
Core is a bit weird and takes getting used to, but I didn't find it worse than Beat by any means. (Finished the first stage on my first try. I'd like to think that means something) To quote one of my friends though:
Yeah, no. Core is a little strange but not that bad. VOID on the other hand. . . . all I end up doing is staring at it like a deer in headlights.

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Maybe I will give them another shot. The only time I played them was while going for the prizes last winter sale. Those achievements ruined a few games for me, especially Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy.[/QUOTE]
Eh, if you don't like them you don't like them. One thing I've noticed is that people seem to either love or hate Bit.Trip games. For whatever reason I just find them charming and fun as hell. (Though I've only beaten Runner 1. Beat is effing hard) I think a big part of it for me is the way you build up the song as you play the games. What starts out as a very simple melody will quickly evolve into a very complex and wonderful song, so long as you're hitting the notes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back