The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Punisher138']Well at least I was able to get Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened for $2.49[/QUOTE]

Every Steam sale I keep thinking of getting The Sherlock Holmes Collection for $8.74, and every time I back out because Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper *still* has Tages on top of Steam. What is the matter with these people?

I will say, I miss the days of the sales with actual activities and buying things. The 201..0 summer sale, I think, with the summer camp activities and prize booth is still my favorite sale to date.

At least it's not more coal this year, though. That winter sale sucked.

No holiday achievements to work towards this year? I wasn't expecting them to repeat the coal debacle from last year, but I always looked forward to having daily achievements to work on, gave me a good excuse to go back to some of my old games. Bummer.

[quote name='Palinn']Any thoughts on the 75% off Pendulo Studios Adventure Pack? It has the three Runaway games plus The Next BIG Thing and Yesterday.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15253/[/QUOTE]

Oooh, that's one I might get - I only have the first Runaway game (which was tacky but entertaining - loved the divas). Still just a bit too expensive though.

I was really hoping for a cheap Daedalic bundle, but it's only 66% off.

[quote name='The End']Can't add it to cart. Damn. I'd pick up some cheap DLC for that.[/QUOTE]

It actually comes up as -0.01 in the store listing, but you can't purchase unless you own the base game

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Hmm . . . almost everything on my wishlist dropped to -50% off immediately, but I'll hold out for flash sales/further drops. I really want to grab Half-Life Complete and The Oddboxx at -75% off if possible.

Edit: E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy is $2.49(-75% off) again. I missed it last time so I'll grab it now I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'd take part in a 4 pack ($7.49) if anbody else is interested.

[quote name='kataztrophik']It actually comes up as -0.01 in the store listing, but you can't purchase unless you own the base game[/QUOTE]

I do own the base game and it still wont let me purchase. There's no place to add the came to my cart.

Question.

What happens if you already own some of the games included in a bundle, but it makes more sense to buy the the bundle to get additional games as opposed to buying the other games separately? For example, the pendulo bundle, I own two of the Runaway games and want The Next Big Thing and Yesterday, which would equal the same price as the bundle if bought separetely but buying the bundle I'd get Dream of the Turtle for free.

Can I gift the two games I already own that are included in that bundle since I'm paying for them again? Or how does that work?

[quote name='Terlan']Man the check out was chugging when I was buying scribblenauts. :/ took like 5 minutes to get to the payment method page.[/QUOTE]

When I bought E.Y.E. it took its sweet time. Then it asked what payment to use. I told it to use my Steam Wallet. Then when it tried to confirm the purchase it let me know my credit card was declined. lolwut? The CC is good + I told it to use the wallet which had almost $40 in it.

Clicked on Steam wallet again and it went through.

[quote name='gldoorii']Question.

What happens if you already own some of the games included in a bundle, but it makes more sense to buy the the bundle to get additional games as opposed to buying the other games separately? For example, the pendulo bundle, I own two of the Runaway games and want The Next Big Thing and Yesterday, which would equal the same price as the bundle if bought separetely but buying the bundle I'd get Dream of the Turtle for free.

Can I gift the two games I already own that are included in that bundle since I'm paying for them again? Or how does that work?[/QUOTE]
Unless the bundle states otherwise you do not get giftable copys of any games you own.

Can someone explain to me the Darksiders pack pricing? Darksiders 2 is $25, but the franchise pack is $20. Am I missing something here?

Also, anyone have any idea if it's likely to go lower, or should I just ponder the Amazon franchise pack for $13.19?

[quote name='The End']I do own the base game and it still wont let me purchase. There's no place to add the came to my cart.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's disappointing. I don't have the base game so I didn't know the purchase was bugged.

Thanks Motoki & The End.. I needed someone to talk me out of that purchase.

[quote name='travathian']Check the Amazon thread. They frequently have Squeenix bundle deals that are ridiculously cheap.[/QUOTE]

I passed one up a while back, the addition of Hitman Absolution and Sleeping Dogs in this one is what really interested me.. but I think I will wait until they are cheaper - it's not like I will get to them anytime soon anyway.

[quote name='louiedog']Good thing Cherry Tree High Comedy Club is only 50% off. I hate myself and would buy it for some unknown reason at $2.[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking I might bite on it. I've been wanting it for a while and it took forever to get onto Steam. It's published by Capcom so probably won't be in a bundle and may not ever go below 50% anyway. It's also not high profile enough to get a flash or daily imho.

I'm justifying but I want to buy something dammit! :D

[quote name='Motoki']LOL @ $70 Indie bundle. It is even worse than some of you thought. Most people seem to think $50 tops.

I have most of those games and think combined I didn't even pay $20.[/QUOTE]
Hard times, people! That is crazy high for me.

[quote name='jkam']Limbo was part of an indie bundle once Humble Indie Bundle V, that's how I got my STEAM version.[/QUOTE]
LOLZ

[quote name='Motoki']Digging for hidden deals now. Ignite is 90% off at 99 cents.[/QUOTE]
Critter Crunch is 75% off again.$1.74
Tiny Bang Story is $2.49.
Dead Hungry Diner is $1.74 again too.
Dead Pixels is $1.99. I know some of you weren't into it, but NARC-like shooting sounds fun to me.

Does anyone think Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will be more than 33% off? This is probably the game I want more than anything besides The Witcher 2 which is currently %60 off.

[quote name='INCyr']Can someone explain to me the Darksiders pack pricing? Darksiders 2 is $25, but the franchise pack is $20. Am I missing something here?

Also, anyone have any idea if it's likely to go lower, or should I just ponder the Amazon franchise pack for $13.19?[/QUOTE]

Why even ask? Tony sealed the deal at $7 less!

This is how bad the sale is... we're desperately digging for shitty cheap games...

Maybe Gabe knows the end of the world is tomorrow so why have good sales.

[quote name='Xxplicitt']Does anyone think Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will be more than 33% off? This is probably the game I want more than anything besides The Witcher 2 which is currently %60 off.[/QUOTE]

Amazon will have Dark Souls for $15 12/23-12/25 and The Witcher 2 has been $7.50 several times already.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']This is how bad the sale is... we're desperately digging for shitty cheap games...

Maybe Gabe knows the end of the world is tomorrow so why have good sales.[/QUOTE]
We always dig for cheap games. I guess since today's deals are meh, we starting doing it for lack of buying things :lol:

[quote name='Captain Urahara']You can buy it and store it in your inventory and then activate it. It'll give both of those achievements to you. I was buying E.Y.E for myself and when I saw your post I figured I would test it and it works.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Repost for any who missed it and are interested.

[quote name='Xxplicitt']Does anyone think Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will be more than 33% off? This is probably the game I want more than anything besides The Witcher 2 which is currently %60 off.[/QUOTE]

Always wait till the last day of the sale for games that are currently less than 50% off since it may show up as daily or flash deal.

However, you can always get it from Amazon for $15 in a couple of days:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328579

Yes, it registers on Steam.

[quote name='jshackles']This is why we love you[/QUOTE]
hear hear

One of the best things about this thread is you guys finding all those awesome hidden deals that I would always miss.

I'm hoping Kotor 2 will go on sale again since I missed it in the thanksgiving sale.

Otherwise, damn you steam! For continuously making me want to add to my library.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']This is how bad the sale is... we're desperately digging for shitty cheap games...

Maybe Gabe knows the end of the world is tomorrow so why have good sales.[/QUOTE]

What? He's gonna take it all with him?

[quote name='kataztrophik']Oh that's disappointing. I don't have the base game so I didn't know the purchase was bugged.[/QUOTE]

Oh I just realized that it's negative one cent. I didn't notice that before. I thought it was a penny.

That's why I can't buy. If it were a penny, it probably would be for sale. But if something falls into negative price territory, the "add to cart" button automatically gets removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back