The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']It's not worth it, man. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!![/QUOTE]
There are a lot of games that I can say that to but Tribes Ascend is fucking awesome.

That reminds me. They need to get Mechwarrior Online onto Steam.

[quote name='carl7117']what do you guys recommend? or should i wait to buy anything[/QUOTE]

Just drink yourself to death.

EDIT: BGCQ!

[quote name='Eldredpe']Just drink yourself to death.[/QUOTE]

I take it back, I wanna see you post more when you're tired AND when you just wake up.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Analogue was in an Indie Royale, if I recall correctly[/QUOTE]

Oh, guess I missed one of the bundles. I may hold off in case it's in another bundle again (hopefully the humble bundle).

[quote name='Gnomes and Pie']New Vegas Ultimate Edition is at 33% off now. Any chance it will go to 75% during the sale?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Ultimate Edition was $10 for the retail copy during the Microsoft Store sale too lol. Ultimately I passed.

Chivalry 33% off - I am disappoint.

[quote name='MC Kage']Yeah, Ultimate Edition was $10 for the retail copy during the Microsoft Store sale too lol. Ultimately I passed.

Chivalry 33% off - I am disappoint.[/QUOTE]

Why is Dwayne Wade holding a sword?

[quote name='travathian']I think I will do a contest.

I need an avatar. You need a free game.

Hop to it.

Contest ends whenever I feel like it.

*avatar must meet CAG requirements, free game will not be Bad Rats, some restrictions apply, residents of Sol system only, must be 22 or older to enter, can't be left handed, void where prohibited by law or brute squads.[/QUOTE]

I'm out on account of being left handed squirrel handed. Bummer man.

[quote name='travathian']I think I will do a contest.

I need an avatar. You need a free game.

Hop to it.

Contest ends whenever I feel like it.

*avatar must meet CAG requirements, free game will not be Bad Rats, some restrictions apply, residents of Sol system only, must be 22 or older to enter, can't be left handed, void where prohibited by law or brute squads.[/QUOTE]

Well, damn...

[quote name='Severose']Thanks for the heads up, now I'll definitely be able to have the most games. Muwhahahaha!!!

Oh wait, nevermind. I forgot about the fact that at the end of every year, you somehow pull $700 worth of Steam Wallet Cards out of your ass and end up with +200 games every sale...

Yeah, I'll never have the most... :cry:[/QUOTE]

Better keep buying, I'm about to catch up to you.

[quote name='emwearz']Hey guys, Mirrors Edge is cheaper in AUS, if anyone wants copy for $3USD drop me a PM.[/QUOTE]
Disclosure: it costs us $2.50.

[quote name='Genocidal']Better keep buying, I'm about to catch up to you.[/QUOTE]

You'll never take me alive!

EDIT:
[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I laughed[/QUOTE]

... And my life is now complete.

[quote name='gunscell']Is STALKER Call of Pripyat any good?
is $3.75 (75% off with the loyalty promo), does it go lower during any deals?[/QUOTE]

If you've never played a STALKER game this is both a good choice and a good price. It is definitely the easiest of the bunch and you'll surely get your monies worth.

Fallout NV:UE hit $10 on the summer sale. Links to three price trackers are in my sig.

[quote name='Tsel']T'was the night before Steamsmas,
And all through the flat,
Not a creature was stirring,
'cept for one loafing cat,
The stockings were hung,
But not as much as me,
And they were all filled with presents,
Though non-digitally,
I was clad in my jammies,
And my wife in her mask,
We were newly unconscious,
After nursing a flask,
When up on the rooftops,
What on earth should I hear?
It was Gabe Newell in costume,
Complete with red suit and beard!
He was tow'ring above us,
With a generous smile,
And in the back of his hovercraft,
He had this year's Gift Pile!
But were we naughty or nice?
Good ol' Gabe didn't care,
If we earned holiday achievements,
We'd all get our share!
But money was tight,
How could we afford games?
Gabe smiled at us sagely,
And spoke our user names.
He then gave a bellow,
That shook through the town,
And all the Steam prices,
Came clattering down,
We rejoiced and we thanked him,
Our lungs vomiting mirth,
Now Gabe knew he was done,
And departed the Earth,
He gave the most jolly shout,
Leaving our atmosphere:
"Happy Steamsmas to all,
And a Happy New Year!"[/QUOTE]

Awesome =)

[quote name='jshackles']
32211245.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It should read, "Got neck?"

[quote name='gldoorii']New Vegas was either $5 or $10 a few months ago because that's when I bought it.[/QUOTE]

i think it was 7.50 for the ultimate ed in the summer seal

[quote name='MC Kage']:lol:

also, Dwyane.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I've been spelling it wrong for years. Of course the only time i use it is when I write "fuck you Dwayne you filthy flopper" on his Christmas card so spelling isn't important.

(Mavs Fan)

Flash sales, they aren't always the lowest price right? if they end up in the main sale section, sometimes they have a bigger discount right? Maybe best to wait on fence stuff that could make it up there perhaps.

I did get my Steam account unlocked. Problem was trading with someone who was reselling loads of Russian Steam games. Actually traded with him several months ago but just recently got my account locked.

Be very careful trading with people you don't know! Especially those people who want less than MSRP for a brand new game that hasn't been on sale yet. Luckily most new releases are region locked these days so you can tell if a game was sourced from Russia or not (RU in the game name).

They gave me a warning and unlocked my account, but honestly I doubt I will trade gifts at all at this point. What happens if I trade then find out the guy used a stolen CC? I'd probably end up permanently banned. I'm just going to stick with the official retail channels.

Also my friend got the same ban. He traded with the same person and is still dealing with Steam support to get his account unlocked. Seems they are really cracking down on Russian-sourced games.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Flash sales, they aren't always the lowest price right? if they end up in the main sale section, sometimes they have a bigger discount right? Maybe best to wait on fence stuff that could make it up there perhaps.[/QUOTE]

It's usually the other way around, in the summer sale a few things were cheaper during the flash sales than they were as dailies. It's rare though.

[quote name='travathian']If you've never played a STALKER game this is both a good choice and a good price. It is definitely the easiest of the bunch and you'll surely get your monies worth.[/QUOTE]
Thank
Got Shadow of Chernobyl with the THQ bundle from Amazon in November, only played about 3 hours
gonna get it along with Hard Reset and Beat Hazard

[quote name='NamPaehc']Flash sales, they aren't always the lowest price right? if they end up in the main sale section, sometimes they have a bigger discount right? Maybe best to wait on fence stuff that could make it up there perhaps.[/QUOTE]

I think there was only 1 exception where a game was a flash deal, then went to a daily deal at a lower price; that game was Witcher 2. I still don't know if we have enough data to make the conclusion that Flash Sales are not as good as Daily Deals.

I did get my Steam account unlocked. Problem was trading with someone who was reselling loads of Russian Steam games. Actually traded with him several months ago but just recently got my account locked.

Be very careful trading with people you don't know! Especially those people who want less than MSRP for a brand new game that hasn't been on sale yet. Luckily most new releases are region locked these days so you can tell if a game was sourced from Russia or not (RU in the game name).

They gave me a warning and unlocked my account, but honestly I doubt I will trade gifts at all at this point. What happens if I trade then find out the guy used a stolen CC? I'd probably end up permanently banned. I'm just going to stick with the official retail channels.

Also my friend got the same ban. He traded with the same person and is still dealing with Steam support to get his account unlocked. Seems they are really cracking down on Russian-sourced games.

^^Yup.
There was an article about STEAM going after people trading for Russian copies of games. I can;t find the article, but there was an unofficial statement to someone who was banned by STEAM, that they were banned because of the Russian trading scheme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my own copy of Coconut Queen today. So far my only purchase until new flash sales.

'Might' pick up Blades of time from amazon if they match, but debating waiting until the MSRP drops to $20 to be a true CAG.

Also, wow, I have the CAG veteran title now. :D

[quote name='xRidley']I did get my Steam account unlocked. Problem was trading with someone who was reselling loads of Russian Steam games. Actually traded with him several months ago but just recently got my account locked.

Also my friend got the same ban. He traded with the same person and is still dealing with Steam support to get his account unlocked. Seems they are really cracking down on Russian-sourced games.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear, but you had to know that was too good to be true. Anyone selling recent steam keys at cheaper than retail is buying from other regions and reselling. And a lot of new games are still not region locked. But yeah, that's a good strategy, only stick with reputable sources.

[quote name='vince_carter']kingdoms of amalur not on sale -_-

might actually pay money for an origin game from amazon

look what you make me do, gabe[/QUOTE]

rofl

You know what is really scary? I'm starting to like the Origin client over the Steam client because the layout is nicer looking and the availability of telephone/chat support (even though they're not great). The support ticket system sucks.

Still, fuck EA for Mass Effect 3's ending, stupid Origin store pricing, DLC, what's happening with Bioware, Dead Space 3 co-op, and all the other crap that they have done or will do in the future.

[quote name='vince_carter']kingdoms of amalur not on sale -_-

might actually pay money for an origin game from amazon

look what you make me do, Rhode Island[/QUOTE]
No business sense. :whistle2:(

[quote name='asheskitty']Blades of Time is excellent. It's a DMC style game. Despite what others say, I liked the voice acting. I picked in up for $11 in summer.[/QUOTE]

I thought that the voice acting was decent other than the VA that played Ayumi. She was horrible. I agree that it's not a bad game, it's a MUCH better game than X-Blades.

[quote name='gomikeoh']All i REALLY want are for the Ys games to go on sale for 75% off. I know its coming...My Body is ready.[/QUOTE]

Ys Origin is in that huge overpriced Steam bundle, so I'm kinda doubting it'll be anymore than 50% off during this sale. Not sure about Oath in Felghana.

Nothing for me so far but I have managed to add a game or two to my wishlist thanks to this thread. I've got a couple of games on it sitting at 25% off so I'm hoping for some sweet deals on those.

Darksiders 2 at $19.99 off the bat is a good sign - and did I see someone mention a Darksiders Franchise pack was added? Buy at Amazon for $13.99 or wait and see what Steam will do? Argh!

[quote name='asheskitty']Blades of Time is excellent. It's a DMC style game. Despite what others say, I liked the voice acting. I picked in up for $11 in summer.[/QUOTE]
I thought that it was OK, but the control mechanics were extremely frustrating at times (a boss over a bridge early on comes to mind) and I ended up having to use keyboard+mouse over a controller.

[quote name='hal']Darksiders 2 at $19.99 off the bat is a good sign - and did I see someone mention a Darksiders Franchise pack was added? Buy at Amazon for $13.99 or wait and see what Steam will do? Argh![/QUOTE]
It can be only cheaper.

[quote name='xRidley']I did get my Steam account unlocked. Problem was trading with someone who was reselling loads of Russian Steam games. Actually traded with him several months ago but just recently got my account locked.

Also my friend got the same ban. He traded with the same person and is still dealing with Steam support to get his account unlocked. Seems they are really cracking down on Russian-sourced games.[/QUOTE]

Glad you got your accound back but WELL DUH.

Beware Russians Greeks bearing gifts. I try to tell people that you need to watch the sources where you are getting your games from. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. Unless it's Microsoft having a $10 sale. :p

[quote name='Rohsiph']http://store.steampowered.com/app/38070/?snr=1_5_9__205
I don't know, think there'll be a flash sale?[/QUOTE]

It's easily worth the $2.50. I should know, I bought it 40 times.

[quote name='Palinn']I can't tell what the DRM is (not Steam) but Amazon has it for $2.49.

http://www.amazon.com/Prison-Tycoon-4-SuperMax-Download/dp/B004GKMVIO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/QUOTE]

I'm 99% sure it's not Steamworks and I want it on Steam so passing on that Amazon deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back