The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blackout']I can't open Steam at all, keep getting the same error message. A few of my friends are having the same problem.[/QUOTE]

Just keep trying, I think steam is having a user capacity problem.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Well, when our community was a bit smaller, Motoki, the village elder, started spouting prophecies of a land named CoCoCo. On that very island was a woman who, by default, became the Coconut Queen.

Yes, by default.

We all chuckled as Motoki continued his outlandish stories. Then, in an effort to convert us, he started gifting a great many of us (Myself included.) the very title in question. He successfully converted most, if not all, of our village.

Thankfully, the equivalency of Resident Evil 4 didn't result, so our village has remained happy, if not unnecessarily obsessed.[/QUOTE]

Heh that was a humorous read, thanks for explaining. I was always wondering how all the Coconut Queen craze got started in the Steam threads since everyone kept talking about it for pages in one of the previous versions of the thread.

For the Prince of Persia (2008) game (w/ Elika or whatever the girls name is), did they ever release the "Epilogue" DLC on Steam that came out for the 360 version?

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Everyone buy Bad Rats, the one that's 49 cents. One of the best games I have every played hands down![/QUOTE]
I totally agree with this CAG.

Just so I'm not a complete bum, I'll mention that I bought the physical version of Prince of Persia (2008) a while back, and it's worth noting that Ubisoft deliberately kept the game DRM-Free.

The original (Specifically, the SNES version) is still my personal favorite game in the franchise.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']You can get Fallout 3 GOTY for 4.74 on gamersgate. I'm sure it'll eventually be 5 on steam soon (that seems to be their go-to price on this). I doubt they'll go lower than 75% off for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Did the price go up or is there coupon code?

For what it's worth, I still maintain that Sine Mora is to shumps what Risk is to board games. Dumbed down but popular at the expense of better games. Exceed 3rd is $3, Jamestown is $4. Both much better games in my opinion but much less pretty

[quote name='hostyl1']For the Prince of Persia (2008) game (w/ Elika or whatever the girls name is), did they ever release the "Epilogue" DLC on Steam that came out for the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Just consoles i believe. It is crap from what I heard anyways.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Everyone buy Prince of Persia, the one with Nolan North. One of the best games I have every played hands down![/QUOTE]

Which one is it?

[quote name='zubalove']Question:

Should I grab Resident Evil 5 on Steam? Or get RE5: Gold on the console? Anyone have a preference?[/QUOTE]

Didn't really like RE5 personally, but got it through PS+ for free, so there's that option if you have a PS3.

[quote name='zubalove']Question:

Should I grab Resident Evil 5 on Steam? Or get RE5: Gold on the console? Anyone have a preference?[/QUOTE]

RE5 will look better on PC, but the Gold version on consoles has extra dlc content, so pick whichever is more important to you.

[quote name='Jon7']RE5 will look better on PC, but the Gold version on consoles has extra dlc content, so pick whichever is more important to you.[/QUOTE]

I wish they'd release the Gold version on PC already. Played it on console and liked it well enough, would play through it again on PC if they'd just release the Gold version.

Either way I wouldn't grab it until you're sure it's not a daily or a flash sale.

[quote name='carl7117']does best buy email steam codes?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy digital PC downloads? I can't even remember the last time they had anything close to a decent sale. They are phoning it in worse than Microsoft is.

Please tell me you aren't considering paying full price for something?

However to answer the question I would imagine as long as a game is Steamworks they pretty much have to give you a Steam key. They don't seem to have a client so it's got to come through email or your BB login I would imagine.

[quote name='Kimbaroth']Hey, is anyone interested in buying a Borderlands 2 4-Pack???

It's $90 ($22.5 each one).

I'm also interested in a Torchlight II 4-Pack ($45, $11.25 each one)

Or if anyone have an slot open for any of those games, please let me know, I'm craving for them. =D

Please PM me.[/QUOTE]

The Torchlight 4 pack is 25% off right now. 25%.

Friends don't let friends buy Steam games for 25% off.

But seriously, just wait. It will likely be a daily deal or at least a flash deal but probably a daily. When that happens the 4 pack will be discounted further.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EliotAndrews']Thankfully, the equivalency of Resident Evil 4 didn't result, so our village has remained happy, if not unnecessarily obsessed.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the explanation, o wise bard, so I take that Bad Rats has a similar genesis... or was it used to punish the few infidels who dared to disown their Coconut presents?

I shudder at the thought that they've been condemned to roam the village's surroundings as Coconados, shouting stentorian gibberish such as: "Rebajalo!" and "Comprar es vivir!" 'till they manage to complete all Bad Rats' achievements...

[quote name='Motoki']Best Buy digital PC downloads? I can't even remember the last time they had anything close to a decent sale. They are phoning it in worse than Microsoft is.

Please tell me you aren't considering paying full price for something?

However to answer the question I would imagine as long as a game is Steamworks they pretty much have to give you a Steam key. They don't seem to have a client so it's got to come through email or your BB login I would imagine.

The Torchlight 4 pack is 25% off right. 25%.

Friends don't let friends buy Steam games for 25% off.

But seriously, just wait. It will likely be a daily deal or at least a flash deal but probably a daily. When that happens the 4 pack will be discounted further.[/QUOTE]
i meant the steam wallet codes i wanted to use some bb credit

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Has anyone seen Defcon, Zombie Driver HD, or The Maw in a bundle? I'm debating on getting them but could easily wait.[/QUOTE]

Defcon was in the Humble Introversion Bundle about a year ago. Zombie Driver HD (the HD version only came out about a month ago) and the Maw have never been in any non-Steam bundle. The non-HD version of Zombie Driver was in one of those 5 for $5 Steam indie bundles two years ago.

Now that Fable III is showing up at 75% off, I'm thinking about getting it. Does anyone know when that flash sale ends? My screen says 37 minutes.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Has anyone seen Defcon, Zombie Driver HD, or The Maw in a bundle? I'm debating on getting them but could easily wait.[/QUOTE]

Defcon, yes. It was in the Humble Introversion bundle a little over a year ago.

Zombie Driver HD No. Though the Non-HD version was in a bundle that steam hosted 2 years ago.

The Maw, No. It's funny, I was just thinking earlier today that it was surprising that this hadn't been in a bundle yet. It seems like Indie Royale material.

BTW, this is a good resource for checking which games have appeared in bundles before. http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/Indie_Game_Bundle_Wiki

EDIT: Apparently Mooby is a faster typer than I am.

Bad Rats found its way to the boards through the same method that propels it elsewhere: Through negative word of mouth. Everyone has gotten a chance to make a "Look how bad this game is and how upset it makes me" YouTube video by this point, so it's quite well known.

I'm sure we'd all be doing the same thing for Postal III if they'd just go ahead and price the title at 49 cents.

[quote name='warreni']Now that Fable III is showing up at 75% off, I'm thinking about getting it. Does anyone know when that flash sale ends? My screen says 37 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Mine says nine hours and 17 minutes

[quote name='warreni']Now that Fable III is showing up at 75% off, I'm thinking about getting it. Does anyone know when that flash sale ends? My screen says 37 minutes.[/QUOTE]

9 hours and 17 mins at the point of this post for fable 3:)

I'm showing 9 hours 15 minutes.

edit: ninja'd

Bad Rats is a game which is not only bad but lends itself to being comically bad. As opposed to games that just suck and you turn them off after a few minutes and regret having spent the couple bucks. there's lots of the second category but they're not really fun to talk about.

[quote name='asheskitty']Windows Vista woes killed MS Pinball[/QUOTE]

Speaking of pinball, I picked up Slamit Pinball: Big Score last sale, and it was probably the worst $1.24 I've spent on the store. Game had issues on launch and the patch (which didn't fix everything) was only made available on the developer's website instead of being submitted to Valve. The dev is gone, so the patch is as well. Right now, I can load the game up, and regardless of settings will get between 5 and 15 fps with my system (i5-2500k, 16gb ram, GTX 670 4gb). Would definitely not recommend to anyone... even if it does work for you there's only one table. If only Zen Pinball were on Steam.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Bad Rats is a game which is not only bad but lends itself to being comically bad. As opposed to games that just suck and you turn them off after a few minutes and regret having spent the couple bucks. there's lots of the second category but they're not really fun to talk about.[/QUOTE]To give people an idea of how terrible it is, it's a physics puzzler that does not have consistent physics, meaning you can play a puzzle with the exact same setup multiple times and have different outcomes.

[quote name='The End']Defcon, yes. It was in the Humble Introversion bundle a little over a year ago.

Zombie Driver HD No. Though the Non-HD version was in a bundle that steam hosted 2 years ago.

The Maw, No. It's funny, I was just thinking earlier today that it was surprising that this hadn't been in a bundle yet. It seems like Indie Royale material.

BTW, this is a good resource for checking which games have appeared in bundles before. http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/Indie_Game_Bundle_Wiki

EDIT: Apparently Mooby is a faster typer than I am.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Defcon was in the Humble Introversion Bundle about a year ago. Zombie Driver HD (the HD version only came out about a month ago) and the Maw have never been in any non-Steam bundle. The non-HD version of Zombie Driver was in one of those 5 for $5 Steam indie bundles two years ago.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for the quick answers guys! I'm probably gonna wait.... maybe.... so tempting lol.

[quote name='carl7117']i meant the steam wallet codes i wanted to use some bb credit[/QUOTE]

Oh those. I'm pretty sure you have to get them at the brick and mortar store. I just tried throwing one into the cart on the BB website and you only get the option to have it shipped or do store pickup.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Everyone buy Prince of Persia, the one with Nolan North. One of the best games I have every played hands down![/QUOTE]

I

[quote name='nategator']Ok, what's the odds Fallout New Vegas goes for $7.49 (75% off)? Cause I think they're good...[/QUOTE]

Pretty good I'd say. In fact I'd be shocked if it didn't hit at least $10.

[quote name='kaydigi']Did the price go up or is there coupon code?[/QUOTE]

sorry, don't know if anyone else replied... it's a coupon code: IAMANELDERGEEK
Price last I checked was 4.99 and this takes 5% off.

so, i have a question (probably answered already, but i couldnt find it)...

if i get the THQ publisher pack (cause it's maybe kinda cheap @ $25), would i get gifts of games/dlc i already own? or do they disappear into oblivion, like with humble bundles?

I completed the original ZD, and played a bit of the HD version. Zombie Driver is great and well worth $2.50. I can't think of any recent games in the style.

The Mawsome Pack at $3 is worth it. It's quite a cute game with fun gameplay. It is a bit leasurely/slow paced, so I wouldn't always be in the mood for it.

Check the price trackers in my sig for historical pricing.

[quote name='bubzers']so, i have a question (probably answered already, but i couldnt find it)...

if i get the THQ publisher pack (cause it's maybe kinda cheap @ $25), would i get gifts of games/dlc i already own? or do they disappear into oblivion, like with humble bundles?[/QUOTE]
IIRC, only Valve bundles give you that option. Nothing else will.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Hey, you save 21 cents by buying the PoP bundle!

It was 1 cent in the Summer Sale.[/QUOTE]

The entire POP bundle was 1 cent?!?!

[quote name='MysterD']The entire POP bundle was 1 cent?!?![/QUOTE]
You saved 1 cent by buying the bundle in the Summer Sale, as opposed to buying each game separately. This time you save 21 cents. Whee.

[quote name='Idiotekque']You saved 1 cent by buying the bundle in the Summer Sale, as opposed to buying each game separately. This time you save 21 cents. Whee.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see now!
Got cha!

Kind of off topic, but not entirely. Is there anyway to change the email account associated with my Steam name? It's an old account I don't really use anymore. I just logged in and had to verify from the old account. Got the code, am all logged in, but it would be a lot easier in the future if I can just use my primary e-mail (from now, and not from when I signed up for Steam like six years ago).

Also, hoping to see To the Moon, Hotline: Miami, Terreria, and FTL on discount. Would be cool in Don't Starve also did, but doubt it will since it's still in beta (and for some reason it won't run for me in Chrome).

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'd love to grab Fable 3... if the base price wasn't still $49.99.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see Fable 2 hit the PC.

Fable 3 PC was good, but nothing great....
I loved Fable: TLC, BTW.

[quote name='Idiotekque']IIRC, only Valve bundles give you that option. Nothing else will.[/QUOTE]

well, that's a heaping stinking pile of...

THQ might have gotten a little more money from me if i could have filled the gaps in my collection and passed on the extras to someone else. c'est la vie.

thanks for the info.

edit: actually sat through all 59 seconds of that youtube, mooby. thanks.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']Good catch. The pricing for Krater is really weird at the moment:

Standard edition is 66% off: $5.09
Collector's edition is 75% off: $4.99
2-pack (Standard) is also 75% off: $6.74[/QUOTE]

Krater's cool.
Interesting game - feels like a cross b/t ARPG's like Diablo & Torchlight; strategic combat and random encounters on a world map of DA:O; and it has a post-apoc world.
I like the soundtrack a lot, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back