The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idiotekque']IIRC, only Valve bundles give you that option. Nothing else will.[/QUOTE]

Once in a while they will do it on non Valve games like if they give a pre-order bonus game or something, but it will always be explicitly stated if you get a giftable copy of a game you already own.

If you don't see it, and the majority of the time you won't, then the answer is no.

[quote name='Motoki']Glad you got your accound back but WELL DUH.

Beware Russians Greeks bearing gifts. I try to tell people that you need to watch the sources where you are getting your games from. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. Unless it's Microsoft having a $10 sale. :p

[/QUOTE]
Hey, let me know if Microsoft Store has another insane $10 sale! ;)

Wasn't going to buy anything. "Nothing for me today!" Then I check the forums here. And see some comments on Prince of Persia. $2.50? Sure! Add to the backlog.

Good job, CAG. Good job.

Borderlands 2 at the 4-pack price is too good to pass up... unfortunately I missed a group buy earlier today. Hopefully I can get in on one before the sale ends.

Glad to see Mirror's Edge still does so well in these sales though. Even if they're not making much I hope EA takes notice of these residual sales.

Anyone think there's any chance RPG Maker VX Ace goes on sale any further?? I know it just came on Steam recently, but 20% and $56 is a tonne for me to pay, although it's an awesome program with full licensing.

(Obviously, I'll just wait until the end to see if there's a sale, but just wanted to know my chances.)

[quote name='Curtsey']I'm wishing that Scribblenauts goes for cheaper ._.[/QUOTE]
I'd like that but I'm sure it won't. It was just released and this is its Daily Deal price. Needs some time before it goes lower.

[quote name='Tom Jane']Anyone think there's any chance RPG Maker VX Ace goes on sale any further?? I know it just came on Steam recently, but 20% and $56 is a tonne for me to pay, although it's an awesome program with full licensing.

(Obviously, I'll just wait until the end to see if there's a sale, but just wanted to know my chances.)[/QUOTE]
I severely doubt it. The program used to be $80 or $90 before it was available on Steam.

Anyone interested in buying me $5.75 in games for 600 MSP in bing points? PM me if so as I probably won't find your reply in this thread. Thanks!

Gotta keep in mind Scribblenauts isn't even out in over half the world right now. Probably won't see a major discount until after the EU/UK release.

Seriously, what up with Earth Defense Force? Didn't get a sale during Thanksgiving, either. Guessing the publisher just doesn't care.

[quote name='Mooby']Seriously, what up with Earth Defense Force? Didn't get a sale during Thanksgiving, either. Guessing the publisher just doesn't care.[/QUOTE]
Haven't there been some games that aren't discounted but are still a daily deal then go back to being not discounted? or am I just remembering something that didn't happen.

Isn't there a thread on the steam forums or here discussing the not so well known games that are also on sale? I forget where it was and how to find it again >

[quote name='Terlan']Haven't there been some games that aren't discounted but are still a daily deal then go back to being not discounted? or am I just remembering something that didn't happen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's possible but I don't see it being a daily or flash with the limited number of slots.

[quote name='Bulkoth']Giving away a DOW I/II bundle, thought it was a decent enough deal I couldn't help it.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. And that actually isn't a bad deal. That pack was $30 on a daily deal over the summer and it's $20 and not even on a daily right now.

I almost wonder if it's a mistake though. The Dawn of War Complete Pack costs more and doesn't have the DLC. Also Space Marine by itself costs the same as the pack of Space Marine and all DLC.

Some weird pricing going on by THQ.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']sorry, don't know if anyone else replied... it's a coupon code: IAMANELDERGEEK
Price last I checked was 4.99 and this takes 5% off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, the steam page mentions nothing about GFWL while Gamersgate does? Should I just wait for the Steam one?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Kind of off topic, but not entirely. Is there anyway to change the email account associated with my Steam name? It's an old account I don't really use anymore. I just logged in and had to verify from the old account. Got the code, am all logged in, but it would be a lot easier in the future if I can just use my primary e-mail (from now, and not from when I signed up for Steam like six years ago).

Also, hoping to see To the Moon, Hotline: Miami, Terreria, and FTL on discount. Would be cool in Don't Starve also did, but doubt it will since it's still in beta (and for some reason it won't run for me in Chrome).[/QUOTE]

BEHOLD THE POWER OF GOOGLE!

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3176-RTKC-3810

I was going to say open a support ticket, but then I realized you might need something before February 2013.

I do wish we'd gotten a round of achievement hunting again. Guess I'll have to make my own fun instead. I'm looking forward to the flash deals, or perhaps a whole day's worth of daily deals that are just from the Software section. I will undoubtedly pick up a couple of cheap wishlist items on the last day, and enter all the raffles I can for a copy of Coconut Queen, but I don't really know what game I might be hoping for myself. I know I'm on the lookout for some games for my dad for x-mas - got him a ME2 during the thanksgiving sale, and a THQ bundle. Not sure what else. Maybe whatever the third assassin's creed was. Also going to lay in wait for the portal daily deal to gift those to my gf...

Meanwhilst, I grabbed a HIB. Sub-BTA.

Borderlands 2 is too expensive for me. Anyone know much about Intrusion 2? It's pretty in the trailer, but three whole dollars? And part of a fourth? I don't know about that…

Also, CAG keeps logging me out today.

[quote name='Tom Jane']Anyone think there's any chance RPG Maker VX Ace goes on sale any further?? I know it just came on Steam recently, but 20% and $56 is a tonne for me to pay, although it's an awesome program with full licensing.

(Obviously, I'll just wait until the end to see if there's a sale, but just wanted to know my chances.)[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. You might want to look at something like Ren'Py which has a lot of the general features if you don't mind coding. Not nearly as advanced but honestly I'd prefer it any day.

[quote name='Arben']I do wish we'd gotten a round of achievement hunting again. Guess I'll have to make my own fun instead. I'm looking forward to the flash deals, or perhaps a whole day's worth of daily deals that are just from the Software section.

Meanwhilst, I grabbed a HIB. Sub-BTA.

Borderlands 2 is too expensive for me. Anyone know much about Intrusion 2? It's pretty in the trailer, but three whole dollars? And part of a fourth? I don't know about that…

Also, CAG keeps logging me out today.[/QUOTE]

There's a demo for Intrusion 2. I don't think it's worth the three dollars and change alone, wait for it to be in a bundle.

Any kickass games for 1-2 bucks? Am thinking of getting a bunch to gift to friends.

(If only CQ could get just a tad cheaper...so it's not as much buying in bulk...so yeah, something more in the lines of CQ "funny" games rather than something "serious", since it's too much trouble sifting through other people's game list to see what they have or not have.)

ETA: so bad rats is good or not good? I could potentially just get that.

[quote name='veb']Any kickass games for 1-2 bucks? Am thinking of getting a bunch to gift to friends.

(If only CQ could get just a tad cheaper...so it's not as much buying in bulk...so yeah, something more in the lines of CQ "funny" games rather than something "serious", since it's too much trouble sifting through other people's game list to see what they have or not have.)

ETA: so bad rats is good or not good? I could potentially just get that.[/QUOTE]

It's trashy as hell and very WTF but good for a few laughs.

Also Toki Tori at 49 cents is a great deal imho.

Before I break down and buy it, has anyone here tried running the Steam version on Onimusha 3 in Windows 7 64 bit? I Googled it but I'm not entirely dissuaded from trying it out. I don't think it's been any cheaper than this in the past two years according to steamprices, and I would think the odds of it being a daily or flash deal are quite low.

Opinions?

I didn't realize there was a PC port of it until this morning. I really enjoyed it on PS2, Jean Reno in Onimusha is just trippy (but it works!).

Edit: I just remembered I'd seen him in the Japanese movie Wasabi (2001). =)

[quote name='Motoki']It's trashy as hell and very WTF but good for a few laughs.

Also Toki Tori at 49 cents is a great deal imho.[/QUOTE]

oooh, you're right!! Thanks for the rec, that actually would look to be a better fit with these peeps.

still wish cq could be the one though, but buying in bulk makes it so much more expensive....

[quote name='IamPro']Looking for the Walking Dead, any chance it will go on sale?[/QUOTE]
Surely. Look out for it on Amazon in January though, if you can wait a bit. It's in Amazon's Editor's Choice games, which are eligible for $5 off (via a coupon promotion that comes with every digital game you buy on Amazon in December).

Basically, TWD may hit $5-$7.50 (after $5 off) on Amazon in January that way.

[quote name='veb']Any kickass games for 1-2 bucks? Am thinking of getting a bunch to gift to friends.

ETA: so bad rats is good or not good? I could potentially just get that.[/QUOTE]

Not quite 2 dollars but this seems like a lot of fun to be had for a cheap price...

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14266/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back