The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed I Am Alive. I played it on hard mode or whatever they called it and I think I got around 12 hours with it and I didn't 100% it. The end is kind of lame though, no getting around that. Overall, I would give the game a solid 7 out of 10.

[quote name='Terlan']Anyone have any opinions on Hitman absolution dlc? I know it's all contracts only mode, but is it worth grabbing for $2.99?[/QUOTE]

depends on how much you like contracts mode i guess

there is shitton of costumes and weapons you'll unlock through normal gameplay, is cosplaying as adam jensen worth 2.99 to you?

[quote name='Syntax Error']Uh oh... is Mission Runway going to be the joint CAG Steam thread bonding experience of Winter Sale 2012?[/QUOTE]

No. Just........no.

[quote name='Palinn']How is the game play of Orcs 2 compared to the first one? More of the same? New and improved? The Orcs 2 Complete Pack is also 75% off at $6.24 which I am thinking about getting since I already have the first pack.[/QUOTE]

The co-op makes the game a lot more fun IMO. If you're just gonna play singleplayer, I suppose it's not that much better.

[quote name='jshackles']Joining in the avatar festivities...[/QUOTE]
Coolio. The more the merrier.

[quote name='plft']How is the DMC4 pc port?[/QUOTE]
Anecdotal evidence is that it runs great all around, PC resolutions, and has Nightmare mode with the most enemies onscreen at once compared to consoles.

[quote name='groz24']What are people's opinions on the Introversion Bundle and Dungeons of Dredmor? I started buying PC games earlier this year and wasn't around for the Humble Introversion Bundle, and figure these games won't get bundled again.[/QUOTE]
It's reasonably fun to get into and charming and lighter on the Rogue-like elements than some (this was before the DLC and Steam Workshop). I played it for a while before watching a let's play and upon discovering it goes something like 12 floors deep I pulled the plug on the whole thing.

Tom Clancy Franchise
Darksiders Franchise
Sim City 4
Fear Franchise
Psychonauts
Dishonored

Disappointing for me today as far as the daily deals go. To bad the Dishonored dlc isn't on sale.

I bought FEAR from GMG last week for $1.50.

The Double Fine pack is $10. Pretty good deal, but I'd be buying Psychonauts for the 4th time. Amazon might come with that deal and individual codes down the line.

The Splinter Cell's are golden if you don't have them.

EDIT: And by the way, I called a $10 pack with Iron Brigade before Iron Brigade was even announced for PC. BOOM.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I played it on PS3. Didn't like it. Very, very short and the ending is terrible. Combat is okay but the dust mechanic is more annoying than awesome. I say skip it and spend the money on something better.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I am going to hold off. 75% Off will come someday...

Tom Clancy Franchise is cheaper if you buy them all individually. Who doesn't already own Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell game, anyway?

Surprised there's not a FEAR Franchise pack. Not that I probably would have picked it up anyway, but I thought they had done that in the past for that series.

This also gives me a little bit more time to ponder Darksiders at that price ($13.59) Still don't understand how DS2 is $17, but the franchise pack, with DS1 & all the DLC is $4 less.

[quote name='Flowette']How much is Devil May Cry 4 on the GMG US store? It's showing as £1.69 for me, or £1.18 with the coupon. That's ridiculous. I don't even want it and I'm buying it.[/QUOTE]

Out of Curiousity is Ridge Racer Unbound showing on sale for you? It apparently was yesterday but only in the Euro region.

DMC4 is on sale here too though I bought it because 66% off + another 30% off on top of that is surely the lowest it will go, stateside anyhow.

Darksiders II for 13.00 is a bad deal? I'm confused by the reaction in the thread. Should I not get it?

Dishonored for $29.99 is rough. You can buy the physical disc for the same price, and my internal price monitor won't let me buy the digital version of something for the same price as the physical version.

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']I wish Nights into Dreams would go on sale... not discounted at all![/QUOTE]

It just released on Steam. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Darksiders II for 13.00 is a bad deal? I'm confused by the reaction in the thread. Should I not get it?

Dishonored for $29.99 is rough. You can buy the physical disc for the same price, and my internal price monitor won't let me buy the digital version of something for the same price as the physical version.[/QUOTE]
It's $13.19 on Amazon, slightly cheaper. I was hoping it'd be $10.

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']Not sure if deals are disappointing or if I just own too many Steam games...[/QUOTE]
Can't it be both?

Amazon just had the Darksiders Franchise pack for less money than Steam wants for just DS2. I bought Dishonored for $19 over Thanksgiving and it's Daily for $30? I bought the FEAR bundle for $9 then as well.

These are just not comparatively great prices.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Darksiders II for 13.00 is a bad deal? I'm confused by the reaction in the thread. Should I not get it?

Dishonored for $29.99 is rough. You can buy the physical disc for the same price, and my internal price monitor won't let me buy the digital version of something for the same price as the physical version.[/QUOTE]

The physical version is Steamworks anyway, so pop the code in and chuck the box. I wish Amazon had contracts to sell Bethesda games. I can imagine so many insane deals.

I wouldn't mind SC4 Deluxe on Steam but I "bought" it from EA during their fire "sale" so $5 seems outrageous. There's no coming back from free.

[/QUOTE]

It's been cheaper on Amazon for the last couple of days. I guess it doesn't include exactly everything, but still.

EDIT: Ninja'd multiple times!

if your going to get darksiders 2, its $13.19 for the complete pack (all dlc, plus darksiders 1) on Amazon

*grumbles about ninjas*

[quote name='Syntax Error']Can't it be both?

Amazon just had the Darksiders Franchise pack for less money than Steam wants for just DS2. I bought Dishonored for $19 over Thanksgiving and it's Daily for $30? I bought the FEAR bundle for $9 then as well.

These are just not comparatively great prices.[/QUOTE]

And just their choices. Sim City 4 should NOT be one of six daily deals at this point in its lifespan.

[quote name='sunghost']It's $13.19 on Amazon, slightly cheaper. I was hoping it'd be $10.[/QUOTE]

Not only slightly cheaper, but you get "bonus" DLC.

[quote name='sunghost']It's $13.19 on Amazon, slightly cheaper. I was hoping it'd be $10.[/QUOTE]

...I guess I need to leave here and go through the Amazon deal thread. That's two games that were cheaper on Amazon than Steam. I'm not used to that.

re: buying Mission Runway
[quote name='Heavenlywind']I just did...[/QUOTE]

Pics or it didn't happen.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Uh oh... is Mission Runway going to be the joint CAG Steam thread bonding experience of Winter Sale 2012?[/QUOTE]

I hope so.

[quote name='Palinn']No. Just........no.[/QUOTE]

That's what you think. :cool:

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']I wish Nights into Dreams would go on sale... not discounted at all![/QUOTE]

It literally just came out a few days ago. Releases that new tend not to have significant sales.

Having said that, it's on Greenmangaming and they are running a 30% voucher there on their games so you could always go for that.

[quote name='Mooby']And just their choices. Sim City 4 should NOT be one of six daily deals at this point in its lifespan.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm glad to see EA games getting a discount (Mirror's Edge, Sim City now) but I agree: at best they should be flash deals. With only 6 daily deals, including these is just sad.

It's nice to see Amazon got parity on Darksiders 1+2+DLC since they were left out of the Saint's Row Complete price in the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Syntax Error']
Amazon just had the Darksiders Franchise pack for less money than Steam wants for just DS2.[/QUOTE]

It's not just $13 for Darksiders 2... it's the same Franchise Pack that's on Amazon.

- Amazon charges sales tax to many
+ Amazon also includes $5 credit towards Editor's Choice games (I already have 5 or 6 of those though)
+ Amazon gives you an extra copy of one of the DLC and a key for DS if you already own it

Also sad to see that the discounts and/or prices on the publisher's pack haven't changed. This is shaping up to be the most disappointing sale in Steam history.

Seriously: Darksiders II for $16.99, Franchise pack for $13.59, or everything THQ has on Steam for $24.99? Weird pricing...

[quote name='hal']It's not just $13 for Darksiders 2... it's the same Franchise Pack that's on Amazon.

- Amazon charges sales tax to many
+ Amazon also includes $5 credit towards Editor's Choice games (I already have 5 or 6 of those though)[/QUOTE]

Actually the Steam pack is missing some DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back