The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Well have nothing better to do for the night may as well try to get an account registered to get this. Too good of deal to not try.

[quote name='Motoki']I have to pee but I don't want to get up I might miss out on this deal[/QUOTE]

That's why we have resolve and washing machines- let it go!

[quote name='Broken Cage']Is it the same pack as Steam? If so, the only thing I'm missing is Doom 3: BFG, so I won't even bother.[/QUOTE]

Pack contains:

Brink Complete Pack
Dishonored™
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
RAGE
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

[quote name='Mooby']You're going to cry because it's exactly what you wanted: Bethesda Pack... and for $29.[/QUOTE]
OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :( I really hope i'll be able to get this off somebody in a trade. I would try to get on there and AT LEAST try my credit card again but the site isn't loading did everyone kill it over this deal?

[quote name='sunghost']Don't even try buying 3. 2 is the max you can buy. Or at least I thought it was.[/QUOTE]

It is i fat fingered 3 I meant I had 2:bouncy:

Ah man, got to Paypal and everything but it wouldn't go through. It kept telling me it wasn't allowed by the merchant. Looks like the deal may be officially dead.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']That's why we have resolve and washing machines- let it go![/QUOTE]

I find this disturbing.

Retain your composure, Motoki. You will have your chance at urination soon! #SOLIDARITY

[quote name='The End']Pack contains:

Brink Complete Pack
Dishonored™
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
RAGE
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much for that list! I hope a lot of people are stocking up for these.

I confirmed the order, then it said verify your email. then it said access denied you must sign in. I had already just signed in to complete the order! Now the page won't load. AHHH!!!

[quote name='momouchi']Ah man, got to Paypal and everything but it wouldn't go through. It kept telling me it wasn't allowed by the merchant. Looks like the deal may be officially dead.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm getting cockblocked by Paypal as well.

[quote name='toldawg128']I confirmed the order, then it said verify your email. then it said access denied you must sign in. I had already just signed in to complete the order! Now the page won't load. AHHH!!![/QUOTE]
Welcome to my life!

Well, I got the email.. went to confirm my payment about 100 times.. when that page finally loads it tells me that I need to confirm I am who I say I am by clicking a button to get another email sent to me.. lol
That fails another 50 times... and then I try to reload the page another 100.. I even tried just logging in again, but GG just isn't having it. lol

[quote name='The End']Pack contains:

Brink Complete Pack
Dishonored™
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
RAGE
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I own everything but Rogue Warrior. Guess I won't subject myself to the pain. Thanks for the info.

And since absolutely no one wanted Metro 2033 - first come, first served:
3AY92-WIKNB-63337

[quote name='Kuma']Its times like this that I like to remind you guys that I love shopping with you through this thread.[/QUOTE]
This bunch has character, that's for sure.

To quote myself seven hours ago: [quote name='pantsattack']I wish Amazon had contracts to sell Bethesda games. I can imagine so many insane deals.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Tony, that ship has sailed!!!

My GG page loaded, finally showed both packs have been added to my library, got PP confirmations, but nothing from GG yet, think I am good! :D

Thanks CAG!

[quote name='momouchi']Ah man, got to Paypal and everything but it wouldn't go through. It kept telling me it wasn't allowed by the merchant. Looks like the deal may be officially dead.[/QUOTE]
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Tell me it aint so!

Still stuck on checkout.

[quote name='slainviper']I seem to have gotten a third Bethesda pack. I think I'll quit now.[/QUOTE]

Y U SO LUCKY?

I can't even get one. I've given up. Damn . . .

[quote name='SamusXtreme']I was close.

Then I tried to apply a coupon code and it emptied my cart.

I'VE FLOWN TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN. I'M STILL NOT SORRY.[/QUOTE]

They also emptied my cart after I got the coupon code to work.

THE FLIGHT OF ICARUS TWAS SHORT AND SWEET

[quote name='The End']Congrats. Have fun getting your keys. I've been trying for about an hour now and I've only managed to get 4 of them.

At least we got it though. That was the hardest part.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm not even going to attempt to try and retrieve them right now. I loaded up the site and it's a mess. I'll wait until tonight to add the games to my BL. I know this deal is great, but I really just paid $30 for Dishonored. I probably will not ever play the rest of the games. But, my BL just got a lot sexier for a great price.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Wooohooo!!!! It finally went through!

edit: now to get the site to work so I can get my keys.[/QUOTE]

Grats, got to Payapl, now looks like main page is loading, D'oh!!

[quote name='slainviper']I seem to have gotten a third Bethesda pack. I think I'll quit now.[/QUOTE]

lucky, I have been trying to buy it for the last half hour and the page keeps crashing on me... oh well, I already own most of those games anyway so its no biggie, wanted to get it for Dishonored and Doom 3

[quote name='Blade']They also emptied my cart after I got the coupon code to work.

THE FLIGHT OF ICARUS TWAS SHORT AND SWEET[/QUOTE]
look up the song daedalus by thrice great song

[quote name='Broken Cage']Think crashing their website might have tipped them off?[/QUOTE]

I can see the veins in their network admin's forehead throb as he crushes an orange in his fist while straining the words "fucking nerds" through gritted teeth...

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Oh, I'm not even going to attempt to try and retrieve them right now. I loaded up the site and it's a mess. I'll wait until tonight to add the games to my BL. I know this deal is great, but I really just paid $30 for Dishonored. I probably will not ever play the rest of the games. But, my BL just got a lot sexier for a great price.[/QUOTE]

Managed to get all 11 keys & activated on Steam :p

Now I have to go buy me a new F5 key...

This is how I got it to work.

1. Once you get the email confirmation spam the payment status link until the page loads.

2. Once the payment page loads open the make payment in a new tab. Don't try to load it from the same tab because the page will time out.

3. Making payment through paypal was easiest because it went to the paypal site.

Good luck fellow CAGS

edit: This only works for those who got a confirmation email.

[quote name='plft']Has anyone gotten the wishlist emails from steam during the big sale?[/QUOTE]

No, and I tried to get them to alert me on my cellphone through the app. That didn't work. I might just be too stupid to figure it out, though.

[quote name='plft']Has anyone gotten the wishlist emails from steam during the big sale?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Randomly too. All the games on my wishlist have been on sale and I have gotten only 2 random emails about some that were on sale (not a flash or daily or anything)

[quote name='Frithsblessing']This is how I got it to work.

1. Once you get the email confirmation spam the payment status link until the page loads.

2. Once the payment page opens open the make payment in a new tab. Don't try to load it from the same tab because the page will time out.

3. Making payment through paypal was easiest because it went to paypal.

Good luck fellow CAGS

edit: This only works for those who got a confirmation email.[/QUOTE]

I am stuck on the Paypal "review your information" then down below hitting the "continue" part. It's the last damned step.

I feel like Tantalus in hell constantly reaching for the fruit that is just inches away yet he can never reach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back